Spellbound Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Then I'm very happy that it did," Elenore spoke, flashing Adam a warm smile. Knowing she was going to have to make two more. "So, is there a way to say keep the bad fairy kind away?" Nodding along as Adam detailed the tasks needed to keep her home safe from the hostile Fae kind.

"So if we go there, can we get one of those?" Frank asked, nodding down to the hidden dagger in Adam's tunic as he lathered Adam's beard.

"Yeah, if you can pass Rhonnan's tests," Adam answered as he felt the razor cutting through his beard, trying not to shiver at the thought.

"Okay, why? What's so important about that blade..." Elenore's voice died in her throat. Once the tip of his dagger left its sheath, it instantly expanded and morphed into a long sword, hearing the hiss of the frost in the air.

"The tests are to see if you have the mental discipline to keep your mind focused in the most trying of situations. One stray thought and you will lose your... altered blade, and in battle with a Bastiker that is just a death sentence," Adam said in a tone that carried the seriousness of it as well as the factuality of the statement.

"Have you seen that a lot?" Frank asked as he set out to style it like Adam wanted before removing it.

"Far too often, mainly happens with new soldiers; in the Fae lands, you need a small group to transverse it if you're not in a land of the good Fae." Remaining silent, moving how his grandfather asked until Frank backed away once he had removed the last of the shaving cream. "So, how do I look?" Adam asked, smiling at his grandmother, who he watched how her laughter couldn't be contained as it came up in three different heaves.

"Like one of those cheesy villains from those kinds of movies that I've found in your room once or twice," Elenore spoke once she could gather herself. Adam's voice filled the room as he laughed madly at that.

"Words hurt, Mom," Adam teased. Nodding when his grandfather asked if he was done.

"Can't you stay the night?" Elenore asked when they stood in the front of her shop. Noting how Adam gripped his broom, the way he shifted his bag on his shoulder as he prepared to leave.

"Sorry, Mom, but if you say I've been gone a day, then people are going to notice my absence. If I go back now, I can play it off like I was training alone for a day. But I promise I'll stay the weekend the week after next," Adam said in a loving tone as he hugged his grandmother.

"You better," Elenore said softly, knowing he was right.

"You watch where you're flying," Frank uttered in a fatherly tone getting his own hug in.

"Always, Papa," Adam said; it was just amusing to hear it rattling in his mind. "When I visit again, I'll help you make a fairy castle," he mused before slipping out the door, leaving his grandmother rather stunned in his wake.

Adam always loved flying his broom. He could never feel the flow of the magjols flowing through his hair like it was then, nor could he feel them dancing along his fingertips as he flew back to his college if he was in one of the rune-powered cars. Peering down at the interior desert that covered most of the middle of the continent due to the civilization that once lived there before being wiped out. Looking for a suitable spot to fulfill his bargain with Queen Mab. Coming to a stop, feeling the sand in the air even so far up, watching the sun shimmering in the heat haze as it set over the horizon in the direction that leads to the heart of that forgotten civilization. Stroking his chin as he stood there on his broom high in the air contemplating on if he should or not. However, that would have to wait for another day; he couldn't wait to climb into a hot shower and then his own bed. He had his fill of baths; enough to last a lifetime.

Chapter Three

Amanda sighed in the shade of the umbrella as she enjoyed the gentle warmth of the late morning air on her skin as she sat at one of her favorite cafés. Feeling the eyes of every noble there as she enjoyed her late morning tea. She knew, if she sat there long enough, the fish would bite eventually. By now, she knew everyone of importance knew who her son was, and she was going to love every second of the higher nobles sucking up to her.

"Good morning, Countess Mortanhouse." Came a warm greeting, causing Amanda to lift her chin, peering over the rim of her round, silver-framed sunglasses at the two women standing across from her.

"Good morning, ladies; I'm at a loss. Have we met before?" Amanda asked, knowing she's never once laid eyes on them.

"No, we haven't yet; we have something in common."

"Oh? And what might that be?" Amanda asked curiously.

"Our children," the small woman that stood to the left of her said. Amanda's eyes ran down the woman's four-foot frame, then over to her slightly chubby friend.

"It seems, good ladies, you have me at a loss," Amanda said, rightly confused.

"Forgive us, I'm Marchioness Molly Rose of the House of Rose, and this is my friend Viscountess Isla Amshir of the House of Griffin," Molly said, introducing herself and her friend from her lofty five-foot-five height.

"Oh, of course, of course, please, have a seat," Amanda quickly offered. "What brings you ladies out on this fine morning?" she asked, making small talk.

"Isla and I always have brunch on these days," Molly supplied as she sank into her seat. "What brings you out to this part of the city?"

"Oh, a little house shopping for my son," seeing the looks of recognition in their eyes, "seeing how busy he is with his Sagely duties, and going to one of the best magic schools, as I'm sure your own daughters will tell you how grueling it is..."

"Yes, Skyler has told me how hard the classes have been; I did warn her that they would be hard," Isla cut in.

"Oh, did you go to Blodselts as well?" Amanda asked curiously. Knowing she would have to be nice to these two women for some time. Hopefully, she could talk her son out of marrying either one of their daughters.

"I did, although when I was attending, they didn't have two famous people studying there," Isla smiled as she settled into her seat.

"Yes, it's quite the gift, just the other day, my son went on about what a fabulous chat he had with the Princess over breakfast one morning," Amanda implied in a modest gloat as she chummed the waters, waiting for them to take the bait. "So I offered to be his steward in purchasing a home worthy of the future Sage; that is what any good mother does?" Seeing their nods of agreement, seeing how their minds began to ponder on how they, too, could use the marriage to their advantage.

"Yes, being the mother to the next Sage must be daunting for you," Isla uttered in a friendly tone, knowing the connections her family could make if Adam became her son-in-law.

"It is, if it wasn't for my sweet, caring Edward, I don't know what we would have done after the tragic death that took my late husband," Amanda sighed, playing up her act as Edward's faithful wife.

"Yes, I heard about it; you have my sympathies. I can't imagine what that would do to a boy at that age," Molly spoke in a sympathetic, friendly tone.

"Yes, it was indeed hard; it still is. But, with Edward's and my guidance, my son has reached heights few have achieved. So I spoke to my son, he understood my logic when I told him he must buy a house, to inspire the kingdom that the next Sage is strong since the Royal family isn't going to let him use that room he has in the castle all the time," Amanda muttered low with a smile on her lips, causing Molly and Isla to lean in as she took a sip of her tea.

"Hmm, yes, and I'm sure, as the wife of Earl Mortanhouse, you'll make sure your name is firmly attached to the place," Isla accused with a knowing smirk.

"Naturally," Amanda answered, matching Isla's smile. "Well, ladies, I must be off; I promised Adam I'd have at least a few houses for him to look at when he gets back from his training," getting gracefully up from her seat, "it was very nice to meet the two of you. We must do this again, maybe hold a little dinner with each family to see if our two families connect," she said with a warm, friendly smile on her lips.

"Of course, Countess Mortanhouse, say next week, here, same time?" Molly inquired with a smile on her lips.

"Then ladies, I'll see you next week," Amanda spoke as her driver opened her door for her.

******

"Where were you yesterday?!" Came a voice from behind Adam as he made his way to his next class after lunch.

"Oh, hey, Jill, training," Adam lied as he turned to face her. Seeing Skyler and Ryann with her, nodding to them when they shyly waved to him.

"Sorry, just couldn't find you all day yesterday," Jill whispered as she blushed while examining the tops of her feet in a shy manner.

"Yeah, it was kind of impromptu; sorry about that, did you need anything?" Adam asked, being polite to his half-sister.

"Would it be alright if we chatted about some of my... problems I'm having with my studies?" Jill asked, glancing up at him.

"Which way is your class?" Adam inquired, following where Jill pointed. "After you," he gestured with a wave of his hand, pointing his body towards the southeast of the floating island.

"Is that a new style of tunic they're wearing at the castle?" Ryann asked; her almond-colored eyes examined how strange and yet appealing it looked on him.

"What this?" Adam muttered, looking down at the light, red linen tunic he had bought at the main market in the city of Orilis. "Nah, this was something I bought when I was out training yesterday; why?"

"Nothing, it looks very good on you, Adam; it brings out your highlights," Skyler said, flashing him a flirty smile, wondering if he was thinking back to that day.

"That's what I thought, too."

"So, where did you get it?" Jill asked as they walked towards the magical defense hall.

"Oh, just this little city out of the way that many don't know about," Adam said vaguely.

"Well, if you go back there if I give you some gold, would you pick up some items for me?" Jill asked in a curious voice.

"Sure, but don't know when I'll be going back there," Adam said offhandedly, seeing her nod in understanding. "So, what's the problem?" Nodding along, listening as Jill detailed the problem, with Skyler and Ryann, adding to the conversation when needed, when either forgot something. Noticing how all three were listening when he gave them his advice, he wouldn't show them how to do it; that didn't mean he wouldn't give them the means of finding out for themselves.

"Hey, Adam," Skyler cooed with the other two intently listening on.

"Yeah?" Adam uttered with a coy smile.

"What do you say about if we have another study session in your room, and we can have dinner there too," Skyler asked in a breathy voice. "What do you think of that?"

"I would think you have something up your sleeve, then ask if rustic food was alright with you, Lady Marchioness?" Adam asked in a charming voice, knowing that's what the nobles called commoner food.

"Mmmhmm," Skyler hummed, her eyes lewdly running down Adam's body, remembering what every inch felt like beneath her. "Say five tonight? Will you be out of your own classes by then?"

"Oh, already had my last class, but yes, five will be fine," Adam nodded.

"And where were you going after lunch?" Jill asked in a sisterly voice.

"Library, I have to get caught up with what I missed yesterday." Seeing the sadness washing over his sister when they stepped into the shadow of the building. Getting a kiss on the cheek and a hug from Ryann and Skyler, while he only got a very lingering one from Jill, who purposely pressed her 32DDs into his chest. Shaking off the feeling, waving to her as she entered her next lecture hall, before he, too, headed off to get the items he would need to make for that big of a dinner party.

******

The bustle of the small town's market filled the air; Adam had flown down knowing how they supplied the school with the items it needed to feed and house that many people in one place. Nodding and waving to those he knew as he browsed the stalls that lined its center square. They didn't know who he was; they just thought he was some lucky common soul to win a spot at the school. Savoring the smells of the spices reminding him of his grandmother's kitchen, thanking the woman when she handed him his little bundle after paying a few silver for them. His eyes ran over the items he had already collected once he had opened his bag. There was only one more stop he had to make as he headed off to the west side of the town, where they kept their butcher shop. Ducking into a dark alleyway when he noted his pocket flashing.

"Hello... oh, it's you, what?" Adam's warm greeting turned hard as he noted his mother's image hovering over his orb.

"Adam, that's no way to greet your mother," Amanda chided, making sure her orb was displaying her bust to her son.

"Uh-huh, what do you want?"

"Adam, I understand you dislike me, yet can you please at least speak in a civil tone," Amanda pleaded; she would just have to take the wave of his hand for her to continue. "You remember when we spoke about you having your own place in the city?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Classes, of course."

"Meant when you aren't in class," Amanda huffed.

"Studying probably."

"Well, can you come to the city when you're out of class? Before you say anything," Adam stopped himself and closed his mouth, "the ones in charge of the holdings will only work with me once they know I'm your steward while you're attending to other matters. I promise you, Adam, you'll like the ones I picked out," Amanda spoke in a motherly tone. "Also, there's something very important I must talk to you about."

"And this important issue is?" Adam rolled his hand, eager to get this conversation over with.

"Letters from the House of Rose and the House of Griffin arrived this morning while we were having breakfast. Jill's friends," Amanda clarified at his puzzled look. "Asking for the marriage rites between their daughters and you. I know you have other things to deal with than this at the moment, yet you must answer them. You know how picky nobles are about tradition."

"Alright, I'll talk to them tonight..."

"No, son, you can't speak about it yet, only on the day of our dinner, it's bad luck, or so they say."

"That so," Adam muttered, not believing a word. Knowing his mother, she had something planned; it was only a matter of time before he susses it out. "Fine, fine," he said, letting her think he relented. Only so he could watch her for any of her tells.

"So, Adam, when can I tell them to expect us?"

"I'll be at Edward's little manor at eight-thirty in the morning."

"Excellent, I'll inform them at once, and Adam, I promise it will show off the grandeur one expects from a Sage." Scowling when his mother's image faded, she knew he wouldn't give a damn about that, yet he had to learn the noble's game since he has to live in their world.

Sighing as he left the alley, wondering how he was going to turn them down. Not that he didn't like spending time with them, yet at that point in his life, it was rather dangerous, and he couldn't leave them young widows. Hoping they could understand that, if they didn't, he'd have to deal with the fallout, then accepting his choice as he went off to finish his shopping.

******

Later that night...

"Hi, Adam," Jill cooed as she was the first to get to his dorm after her last class of the day. Keeping her thoughts to herself when she noted something else was off with him other than his attire.

"Hey, you look nice," Adam noted, finding it a little much for a study session.

"Thanks, the others should be here soon," Jill said, looking around, trying to hide how red her face was getting. Breathing steady, trying to keep her body from heating being alone with Adam. "So, will you make it to gran's this Wednesday?"

"Said I would," Adam uttered, stepping across the barrier.

"Sorry, I'm late," Ryann called out from the south end of the courtyard, shortly followed by Skyler from the northwest path.

"Hey, Adam, can we talk for a minute over here," Skyler mused, pointing to the bench beneath the Bair Oak.

"Won't take but a moment," Adam whispered when Jill nodded as he lightly touched her elbow. Seeing Ryann too was ambling that way, wondering if they were going to buck tradition.

"Adam, you may already know this, but our parents sent..."

"I've heard," Adam said, saving Ryann the awkwardness of it.

"Adam, we don't want you to think we wouldn't like to marry you..."

"Oh, huh, this is awkward," Adam uttered, a tad embarrassed.

"What do you mean?" Skyler asked, seeing how he was struggling for an explanation that wouldn't hurt them yet remain good ties with them in his eyes. That was when she knew he cared about her; smiling to herself, she knew what was coming.

"It's not that I don't want to either; I really like hanging out with you two, yet, right now, for me is very dangerous to anyone close to me, given I am to be Sage. Plus, with all the flying from the capital and back, classes, and everything else, I don't have enough time to properly see that I would give a relationship with the two of you the attention it would require, so neither of you would think you were being neglected. At least for this moment, I can't say what it will be like two years down the road, maybe if the two of you are still interested in exploring this... again, I'll be happy to entertain offers," Adam said in the best way he could when declining a request to a noble from his time attending court.

"As long as you make sure we are at the top of the list," Ryann said, knowing he would say something like that, given how she knew he took his duties seriously.

"But, you won't be opposed to, to a little benefits, I hope," Skyler cooed with a sultry smirk as she peered up at him.

"No, I wouldn't," Adam answered in a sinful tone.

Skyler and Ryann shared a nod; they had spoken about it; now that they knew he wouldn't be taking a wife anytime soon, they could explore their college life without the worry of starting a feud between Houses. Plus, while they too weren't opposed to it, they agreed it was just a bad time.

"So... are we still on for dinner?" Ryann asked in a shy tone,

"Sure, come on," Adam nodded towards his dorm, waving his sister to join them.

"Hey, Adam," Jill uttered, looking back at him as he invited Skyler and Ryann into his room. Keeping her hints of jealousy to herself at how they were touching her brother. It wasn't a secret around their dorm that they had been seen leaving it the morning after the party, so it wasn't hard for her to guess they slept together.

"Yeah,"

"You wouldn't happen to have any more of that coffee, would you?" Jill asked, trying to remember what the princess called it.

"Oh, yeah, where did you get it anyway? Never had coffee that good before," Ryann spoke, with the other two nodding along.

"My first bag I got from the King, he likes his coffee, then he showed me where the vender was in the little getup he likes to wear when he wants to walk the streets without all the guards after he got me hooked on it," Adam stated as he moved past them towards his kitchen.

"What's it called?" Skyler inquired; glad she had the time to get to know him. Even if it didn't go anywhere, she would still have Adam as a friend. A very powerful friend.

"Ameirna beans, they're grown on this island in the Caspean Sea. But the distance to import them is why they're the most expensive coffee bean; in other words, a pot of it is the value of six gold pieces," Adam stated as he filled up his kettle. Getting out the vegetables they would be having while the water heated up on his stove.