Spellbound Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Kids, come eat!" Amanda called out, sticking her head out the door, causing Jill to come back to her senses. Walking off quickly, just so Adam wouldn't see how aroused she was at that moment. Wouldn't learn what was about to take place if their mother hadn't shown up. Wouldn't see the need, the yearning in her eyes for a touch of his lips. "What's wrong with her?" she asked, glancing at the door then to her son at her daughter's odd behavior.

"Don't have a clue," Adam shrugged. However, if his mind hadn't been elsewhere at the moment, he might have taken more of an interest in his sister's behavior.

After dinner, Amanda and Jill were surprised that Adam would be staying there than at the castle. Esmeralda and Otto knew the moment Adam didn't put up a huge fuss about his mother or sister staying the night; they knew his mind was troubled. They would have liked to say their daughter and granddaughter knew that too, yet, couldn't say at that moment when they were watching the evening orb. At least they could take solace in the fact they haven't brought the elephant in the room up once again.

"Adam, honey," Amanda called softly to him as she eased the back door closed. Noting how Adam was looking up at the stars. Wondering where he got that calm demeanor when he knew these could be his last days. Her fingertips lingered on the doorknob as her eyes followed how Adam's right arm reached up, plucked the moon from its black curtain, and rolled it over his knuckles like a coin before cupping it in his hand, his fingers closing in around it. Its argent rays faded as his fingers encased it in its new home. Amanda's head snapped up when the world grew dark.

"What is it?" Adam asked in a controlled voice as he watched the cloud drifting past the moon as he exercised his control over Fae magic. Knowing he would have to be the faster of the two in gathering the magjols between the two. He wasn't being overconfident in the matter either. He knew he was no match for the man's years of experience. So he knew he couldn't afford for this to turn into a drag-out fight. So that meant one thing hitting their Sage with his biggest, most powerful spell when the man's defenses were the weakest. Even now, he doubted he could fully channel it with the control he had now; nonetheless, it would be enough. That he was sure of, getting to that point, was where his concern lie. Even his Master hadn't fully grasped the control needed for that spell to truly see the destruction of what the spell could do.

"You've seemed distracted for most of the night. Adam, I know we've been at odds for so long now, that our trenches have been well-established," fighting back her smile at her son's snort, yet she couldn't keep her eyes from lustering, "that meeting in the middle won't come without some strings attached, at least you would think that. But all I've ever done was for the good of you and your brother and sister. I'm not saying you have to like how I went about doing that, just saying it was always about taking care of you. Yet I am your mother, so if something is troubling you, I would like to help. If I can."

"Can't speak about it," Adam answered, turning his gaze back to the sky.

"I understand that honey, but might I ask what you were just doing?" Amanda inquired, taking the step forward and leaned on the railing. Studying his face seeing how focused he was on his task.

"You married a murderer," Adam said offhandedly, holding out his father's favorite coin he liked to use in his illusion magic. "I'm going to destroy him," Amanda sat frozen in fear as her son's pale blue eyes glowed in a menacing light, "if you don't wish your other children to be harmed, keep them out of my way. This isn't a joke; this is the only warning you will ever get. Either you get out of my way or help, or I will see you burn with him. We clear?"

"Oh, Jason, I didn't know," Amanda said with genuine remorse as she cradled the coin in her hand.

Adam found it very hard to understand as he watched his mother actually shed a tear for his departed father. Glancing down when his mother lightly touched his arm. "Please..." That pleading, longing, whimpering tone brought his face back up to his mother's, "you have to believe me when I say, I didn't know he was going to kill him..."

"Doesn't matter what you knew, or wanted; it happened regardless. You brought this into our lives when you chose to lay with that man. You can't change the past," Adam stated, returning to his practice.

"No, I can't, but I can try to make up for it, though, can't I?' Amanda asked in a motherly, caring tone.

"We'll see," Adam mused.

"I promise honey, I will help; I know he has..."

"I know; where do you think that came from?" Adam uttered pointedly.

"Then do what you need to," Amanda nodded firmly, signing Edward's death warrant.

"If he gets too violent, you have my permission to stay in my mansion, but only for the duration, then you will return to your home, that's final, that's the only reason I will entertain the thought of you staying a night in my home."

"Even on those nights?" Amanda cooed sweetly, hungrily savoring the memories of their time between the sheets. "Just because I can't use my charm anymore," nodding to the reason, "we both know you belong here," she purred, running her fingers along her crossed leg. "I know taking on these tasks for the Sage while she's healing from whatever it is will be hard and stressful for you, so let me help you deal with that stress. Think on it for the night before you decide anything, so," turning her attention to the moon, "what are you doing out here all on your own?"

"Practicing."

"Practicing?! For what?"

"You think just because I'm to be Sage means my learning stops?" Adam asked in a quizzical tone. "I plan on not dying, ever."

"Good," Amanda sighed with a happy smile on her lips, "so what are you practicing?"

"Mental discipline," Adam spoke, pointing at the two active spells he was maintaining that she failed to see while casting a third one.

"Adam, just how...?!" Amanda stuttered in awe as her eyes darted about. She knew how truly skilled her son was if he was already working on that which masters themselves had difficulty maintaining.

"It's not easy, I assure you."

"I can imagine," Amanda nodded along, knowing the tax he was putting on his mind and body maintaining that amount of control. "Is your practice almost finished?"

"Yes."

"Good, come inside when you are. A good rest is what a weary mind needs," Amanda spoke before disappearing into her parent's home.

Her crimson, with a tint of blonde hair, shone in the moonlight as Jill stood back watching her brother practice. Looking around him, seeing how he was drawing the magjols towards him at a rate she couldn't grasp yet. Noting how his chin was in his hand as he paced while studying the tome in his hand. Trying to determine what spell he was practicing with how he gestured with his hands.

"Adam?"

"Hmm?" Adam hummed with his eyes on his book. Then snapping it shut when his eyes began to tire. Knowing the day was getting to him.

"What were you just doing?" Jill asked curiously, wondering how long he's been out there practicing alone.

"Learning a new spell," Adam muttered, rubbing his eyes.

"Oh? Is it about what your training was for?"

"In a sense," Adam agreed.

"I've been thinking about what you said about summoning class. What would you say in showing me, say three spells that would be good practice for us? Then I can show Skyler and Ryann because you know those two will be asking. Given how your busy right now, just easier on us, right?" Jill asked with hope in her voice.

"If I do this, you should at least have a brief overview of summoning magic; tell Skyler and Ryann to look up any summoning book; they're pretty much working on the same concept."

"Controlling the flow," Jill supplied, earning her a nod from Adam. Smirking at her brother when her werelight went flying from her fingertip out into the yard.

"As I was saying, summoning magic is knowing how to control the flow of the magjols, not just the ones in your body, but around you, too," Adam said, leading Jill off the porch. "The point of the two is to get your body in tune with it, to where feels as real to you as you do to me." Ignoring the look in his sister's eyes as he led her towards their grandfather's garden. Looking around for a spot big enough for them without trampling anything. Showing her how to make the most basic summoning circle then having her repeat it ten times with the guide and without. By the sixteenth time, Jill had it down without making one error. Then proceeded to show his sister her first spell.

"Thanks, Adam, that did help a lot, and it seems you aren't troubled so much. It's okay to orb me, you know?" Jill whispered, placing a lingering kiss on his left cheek when he held the rear door open. "It's what sisters are for," she said in a shy tone before ducking into her grandparent's home for the night.

******

"Wow, Adam, just look at this place," Jill just said in awe as she stared up at Warrenton manor once the Palace Guard, the Queen had sent them to protect the place, let her through the gate. Hearing the voices of those working hard in the interior of his new home as well as those working to restore the once lush gardens that once dominated the estate. She was skipping her classes at least until Adam had his duel. She wanted to be there for him, even if he couldn't speak about it, that didn't mean she couldn't help but try to take some of his stress away.

"Jill?! Why aren't you in school?" Amanda asked in a disapproving look.

"What Adam needs..."

"Don't use me as an excuse," Adam warned as he puttered around a strange bush that neither could tell just what kind it was. "You could easily orb me." Smiling to himself at how red and puffy his sister's face was getting.

"Adam?!" Jill uttered in a little whine.

"Well, you're here now, come, we have work to do," Amanda said, taking charge and waving her daughter to follow.

Jill looked back at her brother before following her mother into the manor. Wondering what he was sprinkling around the top of the bush and for what purpose. The moment she stepped into his new home, her wet dreams hit her like a ton of bricks as her eyes moved around the grand entrance. Imagining that she was attending one of his balls. Her gloved, silk hand slid into his as he asked her to dance. Her mind sent her into a spin as she followed her brother's lead. Shaking off the image of her passionately kissing her brother once their make-believe dance was over from her mind. Hoping that busying herself with work would take her mind off salacious thoughts involving her brother.

"Adam, just what are you doing down in a hole?!" Amanda asked, her hands on her hips, peering down at her son with Jill at her side.

"Making something," Adam said vaguely as he placed the four corners of the foundation of his Fairy Castle.

"Adam, what's going to be going here, when it's finished, I mean?" Jill asked, looking around, while there was far more work to be done, yet she could see how stunning the place would be once it was finished.

"The Queen has some... Jordon?!" Adam turned and called out to the man the Queen had sent over.

"Yes, Lord Sage?" Jordon called back.

"What were those fish called again?"

"Mon-crill," Jordon answered.

"Thanks, can never remember that name," Adam spoke, getting a laugh out of the man. "Those types of fish that she rears to restock her ponds at the castle, so once Jordon and his men move to finish this up, then they will be introduced to the garden. But from what Jordon said, the pond will be the last to be completed."

"Why will it be the last thing to be completed?" Jill asked in a curious tone. Feeling the heat that was starting to form between her legs as she stared down at her brother, watching how the sunlight played along his face as he peered back and up at her.

"Jordon doesn't want the waste from around here," gesturing to the surroundings, "to contaminate the pond while the work is still ongoing," Adam stated factually.

"Oh, I would like..."

"Don't you know who I am!" Edward's voice could be heard in the air, even from the back of the estate.

Amanda was about to say something only to close her lips when Adam just waved her on. She had a suspicion whatever he was working on was far more important than whatever Edward had to say.

"Don't you go anywhere; I want to know what you're making," Jill said before quickly hurrying to follow after her mother.

Unaware, Adam was staring towards the entrance to the estate. A wicked grin formed on his lips knowing his plan had already begun. Wondering how long it would take to drive Edward insane. He was paying the dark fairies a lot of gold to make this happen so nothing would point back at him. As much as he wished to wipe Edward off the face of the Earth, even he couldn't do that, not openly at least, not until the fool challenged him to a duel. He was going to make the man ruin his own name without even lifting a finger. Adam couldn't wait!

"Where is he!" Adam arched an eyebrow at the near shout of Edward's voice. Wondering if the sleepless nights were getting to him.

"Edward, what's going on?!" Amanda's frantic voice filled the air as Edward stomped around looking for Adam. "Edward, please, your frightening me?!"

"There you are," Edward muttered in a cold tone. Shaking off the feeling, he was staring at Jason's ghost. Recounting how he would always be woken in the middle of the night, hearing a coin flipping in the air, the presence of another person pacing along the foot of his bed. It had gotten to the point where when he woke up, he was met with the eyes of the man staring back at him. He knew it had to be Adam's doing; it just had to be! "Want to tell me what you think you're doing?" Edward hissed, glaring down at Adam.

"As you can see, little noble, I'm working, unlike you," Adam responded coldly.

"Not that you fool!" Edward took a step back as Adam's magjols filled the area when he glanced up from his work.

"Careful, little noble, your tongue will get your head removed," Adam warned with deathly undertones.

"Dad, you can't speak to..."

"Shut up, Jill, I will speak to this trash how I want!" Edward snapped, causing Jill to recoil at the tone of his voice.

"Edward!" Amanda gasped. "How dare you speak to our daughter like that!" she uttered, aghast at his demeanor.              

"You can shut it, too!" Edward barked as the days of little sleep were getting to him. "I know you're sleeping around on me! I know it!"

"Like you and the servants?" Adam's calm voice filled the air causing Edward's head to snap over to him. "What? An arrogant man like you, who has no trouble destroying a family just to get what you want, wouldn't have a problem in screwing around on the woman he forced to carry his own children. Maybe you should think before you accuse anyone of cheating when you can't keep that," pointing at Edward's crotch, "where it belongs, and not in other people's wives."

"I know you destroyed that field; I will prove that you did!" Edward growled as spittle flew from his lips.

"What field? I haven't the slightest idea what you're referring to," Adam mused as he tilted his head to the side, lightly tapping his lips with his finger as if in deep thought. "Nope, don't have a clue,"

"The indigo fields! They're destroyed because of you!"

"Again, haven't the slightest idea of what you're referring to. As you can see, I've been here all day, although it would probably bring me some joy just to see the look on your face when you saw the destruction. Yet, alas, I can't since I was never there," Adam sighed at the missed opportunity.

"I know you had a hand in it! I will prove it!" Edward threatened.

"By all means, little noble, see if your words ring true. Know this, though; I will only put up with so much of your prattling before you find yourself at the wrong end of a duel with me. Do I make myself clear," Adam spoke, his eyes holding his resolve to see Edward lying dead on the dueling grounds.

"You wouldn't dare?!" Edward muttered fearfully, wondering if he said too much, if he allowed his weary mind to lead him astray.

"Do you hear me barging into your home, accusing you of some fiendish plot? Someone that far surpasses your own station. You really didn't think this through, did you, little noble?" Edward nervously looked around, noting the eyes that were on him.

"This isn't over, Adam, you hear me!" Edward threatened as he stalked away.

"I'll be waiting, little noble," Adam taunted before returning to his task.

"Adam, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that?! I don't know what has been happening with him as of late," Amanda sighed, lightly patting her daughter's hand as Jill comforted her. "You okay, honey? You know your father loves you."

"I don't know, Mom, I have never seen Dad like that before," Jill uttered, trying to find a cause for this change in her father.

"Seems the stress of the few holdings going up has put too much on your father; try not to take it so badly," Amanda sighed, lowering herself down onto the patio chair she had delivered sometime last week.

"Mom, what do you mean?" Jill asked, sinking down into her seat,

"Oh, honey, I'm sure you don't want to hear about our troubles," Amanda said, lightly patting her daughter's hand while slyly eyeing Adam. Wondering what his endgame was, praying that he didn't drain their coffers in his quest to destroy Edward. Otherwise, he knew he would have to take them in, something she was sure Adam didn't want.

"Tell me, Mom, I want to help!" Jill said, taking her mother's hand into hers like any good sensible child would do when their parents were facing hardships.

"Your father made some very bad business decisions with some equally bad men, and it seems they are tired of your father not paying them their percentage," Amanda lied, putting on a good show for her daughter. She did hate lying to her, yet she couldn't let Jill in on the real reason it was happening. She promised Adam she would help to bring Edward down, and she would do that. She never wanted Jason to die; she just wanted a better life for her children. Now she had to right the wrong she had brought upon them when she allowed Edward into her life in the one spot that should have remained only for Jason. She couldn't turn back the years and do it all over again. She just hoped she could make up for what she had done to her son and her ex-husband and to his parents if they would ever talk to her again.

"And he's accusing Adam for what he willingly brought on himself?!" Jill uttered in disbelief.

"So it seems, then again, that isn't new for your father. He's always had it out for Adam."

"Why? What could Adam have done that he hates him so much?!" Jill asked, trying to understand. It wasn't lost on her at how Adam was ignoring them.

"Nothing. Just the simple fact that Adam was born a commoner."

"Ugh!" Jill sneered at the backwardness of her father's thinking.

"I know, honey, but your schooling and your brothers will be covered, so you don't have to worry about that..." Looking down when Jill reached forward quickly and took hold of her hands.

"I'm not worried about that, Mom, I'm worried about what he would do to you without Jr. or me there," Jill said in a worrying tone, unsure what her father would do with them all gone and only the two of them in the house.

"Oh, if that happens, your brother has been kind enough to allow us to use this place while your father deals with whatever he has going on behind the scenes. Isn't that right, Adam?" Amanda asked, peering over at him as he was still puttering around in the pond.

1...45678...11