Spellbound Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Excellent! My dear!" Aragon called out in a loving tone as he opened the double doors that led to his wife's private sitting room.

"What is it, Aragon?" Alena asked in a warm tone as she turned her gaze towards her husband as she and her handmaidens were enjoying a light conversation.

"Guess who bought the Warrenton manor?!" Seeing his wife's eyes glancing over his shoulder to the left of him as Adam stepped into the room.

"Adam? Did you... I see; I'm sure the two of you will be having a lot of outings to his home?" Alena asked with a knowing smile. Loving the sound of her husband's laugh as he walked towards the wine cabinet and pulled out one of their breakfast wines.

"Just enough to celebrate your good fortune," Aragon stated, holding out the glass to Adam after handing his wife hers.

"And just when did you buy this place?" Alena asked curiously.

"About two hours ago," Adam replied, his eyes slyly glanced at the time, knowing he was going to have to leave soon to make it back on time for class.

"Oh?!"Rising to her feet, "Have you a steward to oversee your property?" Alena asked as she walked across her room, catching his nod from the corner of her eye.

"Although..."

"Yes?" Alena turned towards him, hiding her smile, knowing what was on his mind.

"My Queen, you wouldn't know of an excellent gardener?" Adam inquired, even though he knew she did.

"Yes... I believe I do; I didn't take you for such things," Alena uttered in a friendly tone.

"Princess Roselyn has spoiled me, I'm afraid to say," Adam said in a light-hearted tone.

"I'm sure she has," Alena chuckled. "I'm sure you're also looking for household staff to ensure it's presentable for when Roselyn stops in." Sending the man off to fetch her head groundskeeper and the man that oversaw the palace staff.

When it was time to leave, Adam silently slipped out of the room to make his way to a balcony so no one could see him depart. Pondering what the man was going to come up with for the design of his garden. He was adamant that he had to have a medium pond with an island at its center. That was where his fairy castle was going to rest once the pond was dug out; however, that would have to wait for after the man had a look at what remained of the land.

"Adam!" Skyler shouted out with Ryann and his sister, walking hurriedly towards him as he stepped out of his last class for the day.

"Hey," Adam greeted with a wave.

"Is it true," Jill spoke in a forced tone.

"You're going to have to be more specific than that, sis," Adam rolled his hand.

"The Warrenton manor, did you really buy that place?" Ryann asked in a voice mixed with awe and stupefaction. Awe that he would be accessible to her instead of being locked up in the castle. Stupefaction on just how he could afford the place. It was no secret of what the place cost; she just didn't think he had that kind of wealth.

"And you're really letting Mom decorate it?" Jill asked with a suspicious look.

"Had to be done, plus, gives her something to do and out of my hair," Adam said as politely as he could.

"Would you mind if I helped her out?" Jill asked in a shy tone. Giving him a weak little nod when Adam gave her that look which brought a smile to her lips.

"Sure, if you want, knock yourself out, long as you two stay out of the head groundskeeper for the palace's way when he comes to view the place," Adam responded in an aloof tone. "The Queen is having the man create a garden of my own for me while restoration of the place is going on," he added when they all wore looks that told him to elaborate.

"The... Queen," they stuttered in unison.

"The very one," Adam hummed. "So, listen, can we like continue this towards the cafeteria? I kind of skipped lunch today," he stated, his stomach rumbled in agreement.

Edward Jr. was smiling and laughing as he walked out of the cafeteria with Carlie, only to have his warm face suddenly grow cold when the two brothers came face-to-face. Carlie lit up at the sight of her friends, hugging them madly, ignoring how Adam and Jr. were staring at each other.

"Hello... brother," Jr. spoke in the most neutral tone he could. His mother had been right; his tongue did nearly get him killed a few times. Plus, his ploy to embarrass Adam failed miserably, so he knew if he didn't back off for a bit, he would be the one losing an arm or something more.

"Jr."

"Okay, you two," Jill uttered when it felt like walls of ice surrounded the two of them. "Let's just keep it civil in school, alright?" she whispered low, glancing at the two of them as her hands rested on either's chest.

"Sis, why are you hanging around... him?" Jr. asked, knowing ever since he's been seeing Carlie, she was over at his dorm or talking about it with someone.

"He's our brother, you know, if you dropped that attitude, Adam might help you, too," Jill uttered in a sisterly tone.

"I'm doing fine on my own," Jr. muttered in indifference, waving off his sister. Which was a lie, he had hired a tutor, and he was helping greatly. He could probably show his brother a thing or two now. His anger flared in his eyes when Adam just stood there disinterested, like he wasn't even a threat to him.

"Sage Bordun, might I have a word with you?" Edward Jr. kept his shock from his face that Adam and the Princess were so close. Although, that didn't stop Carlie's gasp from filling the air at the sight of Roselyn.

"Certainly, Princess, one moment if you would," Adam spoke in a kind tone, seeing her nod in kind. "Give me ten minutes; I'll be back."

"Wonder what's that about?" Skyler mused; they had spoken on the way back to Adam's dorm after the party. However, it seemed to her this time, it seemed more serious.

"Has to be something; look at the way he's holding himself," Ryann mumbled aloud when she stepped to Skyler's side.

"Seems you two are awful friendly to the next Sage," Carlie cooed. She might only be a baroness; she did know how to play the game.

"We got to know each other very well after the party," Skyler stated with a taunting look, with Ryann nodding along.

"Sluts," Carlie giggled before asking them what it was like. Jill played it off like she wasn't listening to Skyler and Ryann, yet she savored every word they spoke. Knowing what she would be doing once she got back to her own dorm room.

"So you heard what Mom's doing?" Jr. uttered in distaste at the sight of his brother.

"I heard, also heard the Queen is having her personal gardener make one for him," Jill offered, watching how Adam nodded along as well as spotting Duchess Selena Wivell sitting next to Roselyn in a friendly supportive manor, yet she could see how Selena wanted to really comfort her, yet couldn't, at least not then. Given what she had seen at the party, Jill kept her thoughts to herself when she noticed how held back he was when the two of them parted.

"Adam, are you alright?" Skyler asked, stepping up when she noticed the weight that suddenly was on his shoulders.

"No, but I can't talk about it," Adam admitted.

"I'm here, okay," Skyler whispered alluringly; her hand lightly lingered on his back as he nodded. "Adam, I don't know if you met yet, but this is Carlie," she said, introducing her friend.

"An honor to meet you, Sage Bordun, I am Baroness McCloud, my friends call me Carlie," she said, holding out her slender hand to him. Watching how he switched to that regal posture rather smoothly.

"Adam Bordun," he greeted with a nod.

"Come, Carlie, we must be leaving," Jr. spoke, holding out his hand to her.

"It's nice meeting you," Carlie waved as she strolled along in hand with Jr. to their next classes.

"Adam, can I ask something?" Ryann asked. They sat down at their table for dinner. "How did you get so good at figuring out spells that you can figure it out with a brief glance at it?" she continued on when he nodded as he chewed his bite.

"I don't think you want to hear about that part of my life," Adam whispered sadly down at his plate. Tilting his head up when Jill cleared her throat with this annoyed look on her face as she sat there gracefully as she nibbled on her dinner. "As long as you're sure," he relented with a shrug when Jill nodded her head firmly. "Well, I had a very lonely childhood, spent most of my time at the boarding school Edward shipped me off to. Not that I cared, it and his manor were about the same, but you two already know why I didn't take his name," Adam gestured before taking a sip of his drink. "And well, I was treated like I didn't exist there by the students, again, not that I cared, since I couldn't live with my grandparents due to her illness and the cost to care for her," he spoke, leaving the rest unsaid. "There, that's all I did study and practice until the breaks came around then I went home, or I stayed with our grandmother Esmeralda, and I was at his manor... well, you know how that went," Adam said, glancing at his sister. Nodding along when his sister started to talk about the place their class was visiting, remembering his own trip too.

Noticing how intently Skyler and Ryann were listening in when he told Jill she should really focus while she was there. Saying their goodbyes as they parted once they left. Jill watched in her vigil as her brother ambled back to his dorm. Hoping whatever was troubling him wouldn't be too much for him.

Chapter Five

A week had passed and what Roselyn feared became true. Given how Adam was currently standing, out of the way, in the Royal Suite of the castle. It had gotten to the point that one of Roselyn's suitors wouldn't take no for an answer, and being the King of that nation, he challenged their own to a duel. Noting how well Roselyn's parents took the news about her and Selene's relationship.

"Wish you had told us this sooner; this could have been avoided," King Aragon growled as he surged from his seat. "I also know why you didn't," he sighed when he stopped in his tracks.

"While I am happy for the two of you, yet do you see now what your indecision has caused?" Queen Alena asked in a disapproving tone.

"Yes, I know, yet I was scared," Roselyn uttered weakly. Hugging her father at his waist when he offered her some comfort from her woes.

"We have no other choice but to answer his challenge," Aragon said in a grim tone. "Can you handle that?" he asked, peering over at Adam.

"I already told her highness that I would answer any challenge when she brought the matter up to me last week. I will not fail," Adam stated in a confident tone, slyly noting the proud smile his Master had on her lips.

"Very well, I'll inform King Palous that the duel has been accepted," Aragon stated as he left to go make the arrangements for the duel.

"Adam, I know your classes are important to you, yet I must have you refrain from leaving the city until after the duel," Queen Alena said in a regal tone.

"Yes, I understand your grace, then if you'll excuse me, I'll see how my estate has fared in my absence," Adam answered with a departing bow.

"Oh, then might you wish for some company?" Alena asked, eager to stretch her legs.

"Yes, you must take us with you; I have to see if the rumors are true," Roselyn stated with a coy smile.

"Would you care to visit Warrenton manor Duchess Wivell?" Adam asked in an inviting tone.

"Naturally," Selene retorted with a warm smile.

"Then come, I have the perfect way for us to travel there, given the short distance," Alena commended as she led the way out the room. Flashing Adam a smirk when they sauntered out into their private inner courtyard once the Palace Guard rolled out a long rug onto the stone pavers. Gesturing for them to join her on the rug as she pulled out her own mage staff. Adam looked down as the rug became stiff as a board as it lifted off the ground. His eyes were always on her, studying her control of the rug as they flew over the castle walls onwards towards his new home.

******

"Adam?!" Amanda gasped in surprise at the sight of her son, along with Alena, Roselyn, and Selene in tow. She made sure her clothes were presentable as she stood on the landing overseeing her maids on cleaning up the manor's exterior. Clapping her hands together to get her stunned workers back onto their tasks as Adam led them onto his property, seeing how the guard silently closed the metal gate behind them. "Adam, I wasn't told you would be bringing such esteemed guests, or I would have..."

"Please, don't let our arrival slow the work of bringing life back into this place. We just had to come see how far work has progressed on Sage Bordun's new home," Alena cut in, getting her first look at Adam's mother.

"Of course, your grace, if I had known, I would have prepared some tea and cakes for us, so you could enjoy the experience, your highness," Amanda offered, her mind was racing, knowing how this would get back to Edward the moment they were home, thus fortifying his belief she was still his wife. "I'd be happy to show you around, that is, if my son approves," she said, putting Adam on the spot. Keeping her smirk hidden when Adam rolled his hand for her to continue. Knowing her son wouldn't dare speak how he normally does when around her.

"Now, Adam, your highness, while the cleanup from the years of unuse has taken its toll on some of the refinement the manor once had, there are still some rooms where the original wallpaper still lines the walls, a little touch-up, and their splendor will dazzle like before, as you can see what I mean," Amanda graciously spoke as she led them into Adam's home.

"Yes, I see what you mean, Countess Mortanhouse," Alena mused as the fine gold and silver thread glinted in the light.

"I'm very pleased to say we were able to save this medallion. You can just feel the magnitude of the room standing beneath it," Amanda said, gazing up at the raised, plastered molding that encircled the light fixture. Noticing the way the werelight played along the semi-precious gems that were strewn along its surface. "I am saddened that we couldn't save a few of them. Adam, I have a decorator coming in two days so we can start to furnish this splendid home of yours after we've brightened up this place a bit more. Tomorrow, I also have a plumber to ensure that everything is up to par. I would hate for a broken line to ruin your open house."

"Yes, that would be unfortunate; indeed, I know my daughter and myself are looking forward to it." Amanda hid her shock that she would be hobnobbing with the Royal family if she played her cards right. How she could have kissed her son then at the life they would have together. "I do hope you'll be sharing those treats with your guests that I know Connie has been sneaking to your school," Alena spoke in a teasing tone.

"Yes, you should, especially that coffee you always have on hand," Roselyn nodded along.

"It's quite unbecoming of the Sage to hoard that delicious brew all to yourself. One should spread the joy to their friends if one has Ameirna beans in their possession." Amanda just stared slack jawed in her mind when Queen Alena gazed at her son, remembering the cup she had in his room. It was rather good; she just didn't know it was made from those beans. Wondering just how much gold Adam had. She knew Edward would never be able to afford it. Not to the point where there was a steady supply of it in the house. Her eyes ran down her son's body, pondering on what kind of refinement she would be experiencing at her son's side.

"I see your daughter has been spreading rumors about me," Adam said in a joking tone.

"They aren't rumors if they're true, young Sage," Alena retorted with a pointed look.

"My, son, you didn't inform your own mother you had such tastes. I'm sure you'll be rectifying this at your earliest convenience," Amanda stated in a motherly tone before escorting them up to the second floor. While her son might not care about how the place was decorated, she knew the same couldn't be said about the three that had tagged along. Noting how they were hanging on every word she spoke as she detailed what she had planned, with Adam's approval, of course, as to how the rooms would look once the decorator worked their magic. Halfway through the showing of the second floor Adam, much to Amanda's thinking, was to get away from her once the groundskeeper for the palace had appeared asking to speak with her son. Which she didn't mind; she could lord it over everyone that she spent that morning with the Queen and Princess in her son's home.

"Thank you, Sage, for opening up your home to us; I'm sure you have other matters to attend to," Alena said once they had seen every inch of the place and what it might once again be like. "Tomorrow, Sage Hawthorne and I will instruct you on what you are likely to face in your duel," she voiced, peering at him once her guards had laid out her rug for her. Slyly noting the look of horror on his mother's face who stood behind him.

"Of course, your highness," Adam answered with a bow before watching them take off back to the mansion. Looking down when his mother took him by the arm.

"Adam, what did she mean by a duel," Amanda asked in worry.

"What the Sages are meant for," Adam uttered, removing her hand. Leaving his stunned mother behind as he went to see how the gardener was getting on with the choices he'd made before heading off.

******

Adam was hovering high in the air above, staring down at the house his grandparents once called home, noting the new tenants that came to call the place home after their departure. Seeing how low the sun had lowered, knowing it was time for him to meet his sister at their grandparent's place for dinner. However, the moment he landed, Jill and his mother were on him.

"It's already all over the school!"

"Do you know what you're doing? How can you think of accepting..." Their nagging voices stilled when they noted the look in his eyes and how set his jaw was when he just glared silently at them. Causing them to step back as his magjols sparked to life.

"You two done?" Adam asked in a cold tone, glancing at the two of them, seeing how his grandparents stepped onto their porch. "Who do you think I am? Did you think my title was only for show to display at your fancy little parties? Or a reservoir of knowledge into the arcane?"

"But Adam, I don't want you to..." Jill just couldn't bring herself to utter those words.

"This was bound to happen sooner or later. This will give the other kingdoms, thinking they can take advantage of my Master's absence, the knowledge that I'm no pushover."

"But you could die?!" Amanda cried out, taking her son by his shoulders.

"And? You seem to think that is something I didn't already know about," Adam said, brushing off her hands. "My choice is not up for debate," he stated as he moved around them to greet his grandparents.

******

"Adam, come show me what I'm doing wrong?!" Jill huffed in weariness, peering back and up at him when he watched her from the back porch. Keeping her body from heating at the sound of his feet on the steps, the way they moved through the grass. Quickly handing over her book when he held out his hand.

"Ah, I see, easy fix," Adam muttered before shutting the book and laying it on the grass. "Take up the stance again," he instructed.

Jill kept her gasp contained as she felt her brother pressing against her back. Feeling how soft his touch was along her skin. Her heart was racing when his hot breath tickled her ear. Nodding her head, not hearing a word, her frantic heart drowned everything else out when she felt her ass moving against his groin as he showed her what she was doing wrong. "See, you were moving your wrist like this when you should be moving it like this." How she just so wantonly stared at how his hands rested over her own. She didn't think; her body heeded the call she had been ignoring for so long. Turning her head, her nose ran along his cheek, her breath flowed along it as she reached up.

1...34567...11