Spellbound Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Adam, don't insult Dad, please, for me?" Jill uttered with a pleading look.

"I'll stop when he stops lying; sounds like a fair deal to me." Smirking, he watched as Edward spun around and pushed his way through the crowd with Jr. in tow.

"You will come to the party, right?" Jill asked, wondering if they could sneak off for her to know what those lips... fighting down those thoughts. She couldn't let anyone know about them. She didn't want to embarrass Adam if it ever got out that she was infatuated with her own half-brother.

"Long as you invite Skyler and Ryann."

"Of course, Adam," Jill nodded. "I'm sure they'll be the first ones there."

"Is the front room ready?" Adam asked, looking over at Amanda, knowing he had a promise to keep.

"Of course, Adam," Amanda nodded, "I had the maids work into the night to ensure the room was presentable for the Princess and Duchess Wivell's arrival this afternoon. I was waiting to speak with you before inquiring what I should get for snacks for the three of you to enjoy while you visit with one another." Amanda just didn't tell him that she, too, would be attending, given the look on her daughter's face, who also would be there. Watching how he reached into his coin purse that hung off his belt, hearing the sounds of the coins as his fingers fumbled around within it. It wasn't hard for Amanda to discern that there were far more gold coins than silver or copper within that bag. Holding out her hand as Adam dropped ten gold coins into her hand.

"You know where Almons is located?" Adam asked with a pointed look.

"Yes, of course, I do," Amanda muttered, knowing that store was in the heart of the noble ring, where all the more luxurious shops were located.

"Get a bag of Ameirna beans, the gold bag, not the red bag," Adam instructed, "you know where Sweet Delights is?" Amanda vigorously nodded her head that she did. "Get ten of their strawberry puffs; Roselyn and Selene like those," seeing his mother's eyes widen at how close he was to them to use their first names, "get the same number of their orange tarts, I like those."

"Yes, Adam, I'll go right away," Amanda spoke, knowing she was going to be the talk of the town being seen in that part of the ring.

"I must return to the castle."

"Of course, of course, you have duties to perform, and I have shopping to do, worry not, son, this afternoon will go splendidly," Amanda said, putting on airs. "Come, Jill, we have much to do and little time."

"Yes, mother, I can't wait for this party!" Jill uttered excitedly.

"Yes, I as well; we'll just have to keep your father from ruining it," Amanda stated, with Jill sadly nodding along. Glancing up as her son sored into the sky on his broom, she knew her star was rising as well, and she planned on showing Adam just how appreciative she was for that.

******

"Adam!" Roselyn shouted as she raced across the throne room once Adam made his grand, heroic entrance. The force of the hug she wrapped him in staggered Adam back a few steps. "I thought you were going to die," she whispered as she held her friend close.

"I did too there for a moment," Adam said, patting Roselyn's back.

"Thank you for what you did for us; we'll never forget it," Roselyn whispered into his ear, placing a light kiss on his right cheek before backing away. "I know when it's time for you to take on the mantle of Sage, that my kingdom will be in safe hands," she said proudly as she backed away. Smiling at Adam as the Palace Guards snapped to attention. Nodding to him that his father would have been proud of him to see his son standing there after proving to all that he would lay down his life if the need arose for his kingdom. Noting the prideful looks in her soldier's eyes as they moved as one to salute Adam's return to the castle. Shooting her friend a smile as Adam walked with his head held high, his shoulders square, the velvet of the carpet damping his footfalls as he approached the King and Queen.

"My King, My Queen, I, Adam Bordun, acting Sage, have returned to your side," Adam spoke in a loud, firm, confident voice as he knelt before the two of them.

"Rise, Sage Bordun," King Aragon spoke in a regal tone. "While the Queen and I weren't happy with how our daughter handled her problem," seeing how Roselyn looked embarrassingly away, "it serves me, the Royal family, and the Kingdom well to know that you are indeed worthy of taking up the mantle of Sage when your time comes."

Alena held a warm light in her eyes with an equally warm smile on her lips as she gazed down at Adam as Aragon continued to speak. Holly, while happy that Adam was still with them, yet she just couldn't keep from thinking that he shouldn't be standing there. She knew he didn't have the magjols to summon that large of a spell on his own, not without spending all the magjols in his body resulting in mana drain. She had to figure it out, or it was going to drive her mad!

"Now in accordance with the ancient laws governing duels," waving to the man who stood off to the side, "given how vast your reward is, the Queen and I have taken the liberty of having it placed in your main vault at Ward Financial," Aragon said as the gnome approached Adam.

"Lord Sage," opening his ledger that Adam knew very well by the look of it, "if you will sign here indicating that two million gold pieces, a hundred emeralds, fifty rubies, twenty-six sapphires, and five flawless diamonds have been added to your vault," the gnome directed, all the while eyeing Adam. It wasn't hard to know, at least for a gnome it wasn't, that the smell of Fae was in the air. "Thank you, Lord Sage," the gnome stated before snapping his ledger closed, bowing to the King and Queen before making his way back to his bank.

"Now, Sage Bordun, I turn you over to your Master; I am sure she has her own words for you," King Aragon said, holding out his hand to his wife, who rose very elegantly from her throne.

"Adam, before you leave back to your school, we must have dinner; I know the King has so many questions about your duel," Alena uttered in a sweet tone as she laid her hand on her husband's upper right arm. "And do try not to fall into the trouble that surrounds those two," she said in a teasing tone, pointing at her daughter and Selene.

"Mother?!" Roselyn groaned, getting a chuckle out of her mother that died away as the thick door closed behind her.

"Meet you in the courtyard in an hour?" Roselyn asked in a quizzical tone.

"Make that an hour and a half, Master doesn't look too pleased," Adam said from the side of his mouth.

"If you survived that, I'm sure facing down your Master won't be too difficult," Roselyn said in a joking light before she too walked off with Selene at her side, only leaving him, the dispersing guards, and his Master in the throne room.

"Come, Adam," Holly commanded, beckoning him to follow from over her shoulder as she passed him. Listening to his quick conversation as they walked towards her tower, where they would have the privacy they needed. "Is your Master unworthy to visit your home?" she asked; she too would like to leave the castle from time to time yet being surrounded by guards left very few places she could visit and not disturb the populace.

"What?! Of course not, Master. Warrenton manor is always open for you; if you like, you're most welcome to join the Princess, Duchess Wivell, and myself this afternoon," Adam offered.

"I think I should; an unsupervised boy with two women is bound for trouble," Holly teased, her smile stretched from ear to ear, glad that he was the same old Adam. "So, what did you use?" she asked in a stern tone over the clang of the thick door when it closed.

"I..."

"You might fool everyone else out there, but you and I both know you should be dead right now with casting that spell," Holly cut him off. "Out with it, Adam."

"Alright, yeah, you're right, I should be dead right now," Adam admitted. "Promise this stays between us?"

"Of course, Adam, you know you can tell me anything in my tower, and it will never leave it. Adam, what do you have there?" Holly asked curiously when Adam pulled out a small bottle from his tunic.

"Fae nectar."

"Do what?!"

"Think of it like a magical, restorative mead," Adam stated the best that he could.

"And this is how you survived your mana drain?" Holly asked skeptically.

"Pretty much," Adam nodded. He just didn't tell her; he also drew on the teachings of Mab to draw the Fae mana to him so he could think clearly.

"Will you allow me a sample to study?" Holly asked inquisitively, her eyes darting from the bottle to his face.

"Of course, Master," Adam bowed. Smirking at how happy she was as she skipped to where she kept her glass slides. He would never say it out loud, one Holly would kill him if he did, yet she did look cute with her tongue sticking out like that as he placed a drop of the nectar on the slide.

"I'll just save that for later," Holly said aloud as she lightly patted the slide. "Now, what do I want to wear for this outing?" she mused, tilting her head back deep in thought. "Don't go anywhere!" Holly shouted as she bounded for the stairs to her upper living quarters.

******

"You must teach me how you do that?!" Adam stated as the carpet they had flown on magically rolled up before Roselyn plucked it from the ground.

"I'll be happy to, Sage Bordun," Roselyn said before handing the rug off to the guard that stood at the entrance of the gate. "Although, I'm a very harsh teacher."

"Umm..." Adam didn't know about that as he glanced at Holly. His Master was a very strict teacher.

"So, this is the estate you bought?" Holly asked, peering up at it while ignoring their banter.

"Yes, Master," Adam answered, standing at her back.

"You did say something about turning the third floor into a workshop of sorts," Roselyn said offhandedly, noting how Holly turned to peer back at Adam.

"This true?" Holly asked in a quizzical tone.

"Been thinking about it," Adam nodded.

"What's going to be in there?" Selene asked, finally glad she could hold her girlfriend's hand now since they were away from court and so many eyes.

"Haven't a clue, but I will, someday, I think," Adam joked, getting a light chuckle out of the three of them.

"I want to thank you, Adam, for opening up your home to Selene and me, you didn't have to, yet you did," Roselyn cooed in a friendly tone as she and the others followed Adam through the gate.

"No worries, Princess, after two days being there, I need a break from that place; I don't know how you and Master... well, I get Master, she can hide in her tower..."

"Watch it, young apprentice," Holly warned, getting a giggle out of Roselyn and Selene.

"I meant no disrespect, Master," Adam stated as he turned about and bowed as he continued walking.

"Uh-huh, I'll let it slide this time," Holly said, although she didn't mean it, she just liked keeping Adam on his toes.

"So, if you need a break from the place, your highness, and of course, Master, you're free to visit my estate any time you wish..." Stopping in his tracks as he caught movement from the bush, smirking to himself when he noted a wood sprite peering back at him when it pulled a leaf back.

"Adam, is something wrong?" Selene asked, stepping up to her friend's side.

"What? No, no, just thought I saw something, must be tired from the duel," Adam lied. He knew his Master didn't believe a word given how she looked at the bush and back to him.

"I'm sure you are Adam," Amanda said, choosing that time to make her appearance. "Greetings Princess Roselyn, Duchess Wivell, the pleasure of seeing the two of you again here at Warrenton manor, I've hadn't the pleasure of meeting you, yet a Sage doesn't need an introduction, do they Sage Hawthorne," she uttered, doing a curtsy to the three of them. "This is my daughter, Jill; she came to help prepare for my son's afternoon guests. Once again, you've failed to tell me we were having more guests this day. But worry not, my son, in his wisdom, has bought enough to entertain you on this wondrous afternoon."

"Greetings, Countess Mortanhouse; I'm sure my student has bought the things to sate my thirst," Holly said with a friendly smile.

"So, Adam, what are you going to do with the second floor when you turn the third floor into your workshop?" Roselyn asked, following Adam inside, not missing the shocked looks on Amanda's and Jill's faces as she passed.

"Well, bedroom obviously, the rest... haven't a clue. I'm used to having a small house, a small room, not this," Adam stated, holding out his arms to the wide space of the manor. "Please, make yourselves comfortable," he spoke with a wave for them to enter the room.

"I do like your choice of furniture, Adam," Selene stated with an approving nod.

"Thank you, I know my son, this isn't the life he's wanted; I can understand that. Yet events have pushed him into the limelight as it were, so while he's away at school, or with you, Sage Hawthorne, as the steward of this manor, it's my job to make sure Adam has only the best," Amanda said proudly.

"Is that the original wallpaper?" Holly asked, peering at the wall as she sank down on the little overstuffed loveseat.

"Why, yes it is," Amanda said, keeping her eagerness hidden at being in the same room with three of the highest-ranking members of society, slyly waving for her daughter to serve the refreshments. "It's a painstaking effort to restore and beautify this manor after its long slumber."

"I'm sure it is," Holly muttered.

"Adam," lightly touching her son's shoulder as he sat in the chair closest to the door while Roselyn and Selene commandeered the sofa, "the first floor should be restored by the end of next week. Suppose you're really interested in turning the third floor into your workshop. In that case, I can have carpenters out here as early as next week to see what walls can be taken down and which ones need to stay upright to carry the weight of the roof. This way, you'll have an open floor space to do... whatever you'll be doing up there. Will that be acceptable to you?" Amanda asked, noting how Adam was oddly staring at her.

"Yes." Was the only word he spoke as he watched Jill serving out the coffee.

"You didn't?!" Roselyn gasped when Jill quickly returned with a silver tray lined with strawberry puffs and orange tarts.

"I knew there was a reason we became friends," Selene said with a wide grin as she plucked two of the puffs off the tray and thanked Jill, who was beaming inwardly.

"Adam, are these from Sweet Delights?" Holly asked, pointing at the treats while looking at him.

"They are, Master."

"And you got the orange tarts?" Holly inquired, casting her student in a suspicious light.

"I did," Adam nodded. "You kind of got me hooked on them," he stated with a warm smile.

"Good, they're delicious! Thank you," Holly said, plucking two tarts and a puff from the tray.

"Adam, I made it just the way you like it," Jill whispered low as she set his coffee cup, with two tarts on the saucer beside it, on the small end table to his left.

"Thanks, go on; I know you want to try some," Adam muttered, nodding towards the tray.

"You sure?" Jill asked; she didn't want to overstep her bounds.

"You better, or they'll eat it all," Adam said, pointing to Roselyn and Selene; he knew better than to do that to his Master. However, he could see how she was eyeing the remaining tarts.

"Not our fault you spoil your guests," Selene huffed; Adam bit his lip as powdered sugar coated her lips as she did that.

"As long as you don't tell your mother, I will never hear the end of it that we didn't invite her along," Adam said, slyly noticing how his mother grew still when he was speaking with Roselyn.

"Adam, may Jill and I..." Affectionately touching his shoulder when he gestured for them to sit.

"I agree, Adam; if she knew you had puffs waiting here, she wouldn't have taken off with my father. So, this will be our little secret," Roselyn said, smiling as she savored the delicate pastry as it melted in her mouth.

"Adam?! You didn't tell me you've been drinking Ameirna beans?!" Holly exclaimed upon realizing where she knew the taste from.

"You didn't ask, Master." Looking down when Holly thrusted out her hand, ensnaring him in magical bindings.

"I'll be taking this," Holly stated, plucking one of his tarts from his dish. "As punishment for holding out on your Master."

"Yes, Master," Adam sighed.

"Good, next time you return to the city, I expect a fresh cup waiting for me," Holly said, walking elegantly back to her seat. "Now, as my student, eating in such a way shouldn't be to..." Smirking into her cup as one of the orange tarts lifted off the tray before flying into Adam's mouth.

"Have to work on the speed," Adam muttered low, trying to work out the soreness in the back of his throat where the tart struck it. "I think you had enough, Master," he said in a teasing voice as he used his magic to move the tray towards him. Only to gasp aloud as Holly tightened his magical bindings.

"Don't you dare deprive us of our sweets?!" Holly hissed, releasing her hold on Adam's body, who fell forward, panting for breath.

"Mmmhmm, so delicious," Roselyn sighed as she popped another puff into her mouth.

"More coffee?" Amanda asked, noticing how low their cups were.

"Yes, please," Holly said, holding hers out. "Nothing like a good cup and lots of treats," she sighed as she leaned back in the loveseat.

"I'll make sure there are plenty of them here whenever you choose to visit Warrenton manor," Amanda stated while eyeing her son from over the rim of her cup. Knowing what she was going to be doing to repay her son, this boon he has given her. She might care about her status that didn't mean she didn't care and watch out for Adam's welfare.

"Thank you so much for letting us come," Roselyn said, lightly hugging Adam as they stood at his gate after their afternoon visit came to a close. "I so needed to get out of the castle for a bit."

"Well, apparently, they," pointing over his shoulder at his mother and sister, "are throwing me a party tonight; if you want, you're welcome to come," Adam offered.

"And where will this party be?" Selene asked, very curious, seeing Roselyn thinking the same thing; they could use a night with just the two of them.

"Mortanhouse manor."

"Time?"

"Eight o'clock," Adam stated, ignoring how his Master was poking around the bush. "Master?"

"Just curious, Adam, that's all," Holly muttered as she tried to find what Adam peered at upon their arrival. She knew she felt Fae about the area; she just couldn't understand why they weren't showing themselves to her like they did in their lands.

"You wouldn't mind if we showed up?" Roselyn asked, knowing her presence would draw attention away from his victory.

"Not one bit," leaning in, "if I don't have someone to talk to there, I'm afraid that manor won't last the night," Adam whispered.

"Mmm, yes, I do see that happening; we'll be there at eight sharp," Roselyn stated with a firm nod.

"Bye, Adam, thank you for the coffee and treats," leaning up and placing a friendly kiss on his cheek, "that's for defending my girlfriend from that brute," Selene said sweetly before turning and slipping her hand into Roselyn's glad they could be together as a couple in one place.

"Sage?" Roselyn called out.

"You have Fae; I know you do; I want to know why?" Holly whispered heatedly into Adam's ear before joining the other two on the carpet.

"See you tonight, Adam," Roselyn waved down at him before heading towards the castle.

Adam blew out a breath as he ran his hand through his hair. Wondering how he was to explain this to his Master and still keep his oath to Queen Mab in the process. So lost in trying to figure out a way to explain it to her, he failed to hear Amanda's and Jill's approach. Shock played along his face when his mother spun him around.