Spirits in the Material World Pt. 17

Story Info
Maggie's New Job; Alan's Proposal; Finale.
22.5k words
4.89
4.9k
10
7

Part 17 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 12/16/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Spirits in the Material World, Part 17 by storyteller0112

All persons are over the age of 18, and all characters and locations are totally fictional.

None of these parts or chapters stand alone. The narrative picks up where the previous one left off.

This one ends this arc. Finally. It is my intention, after a while, to pick up with these six characters again in a new arc titled "Synchronicity for Six".

*

Sunday, December 20:

Alarms sounded in the Harrison home at 7:30, 7:45, and 8:00 am on Sunday. Not that Alan needed his alarm to go off at 7:30 because Rose already had him up. At least his cock was up and attentive while Alan reposed in his bed. Rose was astride him, burying said hard cock into her wanton, willing, and oh-so-wet pussy. For Rose, morning sex was one of the top seven things that Alan brought to their relationship. She writhed around on his cock, causing it to stir her insides and to scrape deliciously on her sensitive areas. She shook her tits and tossed her head and came all over Alan, much to his delight. She loved to knock out her first two orgasms then enjoy the ride as well as the closeness of her relationship with Alan.

Rose and Alan were not alone in enjoying morning coitus. Julie and Maggie were both using their Harrison men as personal trampolines that morning. The only difference was that Tom and David were both rubbered up whereas Alan was bareback. Julie's period wasn't quite finished, and Maggie was about to enter her danger zone, so proper cautionary measures were being taken by the responsible young men. That did not detract in the least bit from the ladies' delight in their men. Bedroom doors were closed, and all parties strained to make as little noise as possible. But the physical pleasures were able to overcome the attempts at muffling the sounds. Fortunately, no one was on the landing at the top of the stairs to notice any of this.

David and Tom had taken their showers the prior evening, so everyone was able to get cleaned and dressed for church. Coffee, both black and adulterated, was gratefully consumed. Alan complimented David for thinking to bring the creamer from Centreville, never mind that Alan had thought to lay in supplies. Alan said something along the lines of 'great minds thinking alike', which drew an amused smile from Rose. Having consumed their initial servings of coffee, the mugs were rinsed and the six departed for worship.

Entering the building, the ladies did their usual breakaway and headed for the restrooms. Alan, Tom, and David headed for the fellowship space and the boys were welcomed back with open arms. This is what happens when you allow the village to help raise the children: the children are regarded as community responsibilities and the community takes great pride in their accomplishments. Hugs all around delayed the preparation of cups of coffee, and when Rose and the girls entered, they were mobbed by the ladies. This was the sense of community that Julie caught early on, and that Rose and Maggie needed so desperately.

Jack and Maeve caught Maggie's sleeve and they asked to speak with her after worship about starting work on Tuesday morning. Maggie agreed to meet them outside the worship center after service. On their way into the worship center, the group was stopped by the pastor and a nicely dressed woman approximately the pastor's age.

"Ruth," the pastor began, addressing the lady beside him, "you know the Harrison men. These beautiful ladies are their good friends, the Lawsons. Rose, Julie, and Maggie Lawson, this is my wife, Ruth Marshall."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Ruth," Rose stepped up as the spokesperson for her daughters. "We've yet to cross paths, yet we've been attending here since Thanksgiving."

"Yes, well I had to address some distant family issues since right before Thanksgiving. That is now all resolved. Has Pastor John been unkind to you at all during your visits?"

"No, not at all. In fact, he's always seemed quite pleasant and happy to see us. Why do you ask?" Julie responded.

Pastor John smirked as Ruth explained, "He thinks he's so funny. He always claims to be harsh and unkind when I have to be away. He talks a good game about being..."

And in unison, Pastor John, Ruth, Alan, Tom, and David stated, "Ruth-less."

The five of them all laughed while Rose, Julie, and Maggie just looked a little surprised, then smiled at the jeans-wearing pastor. They all proceeded to move into the worship space, and this time Alan led them to the left side to find six chairs together. Jack and Maeve and Mary and George followed them and sat in the row behind. The Advent message for that day was Peace. Alan was definitely feeling at peace with what had become of his life. A new job starting soon, formally proposing to Rose, his sons had found worthy girlfriends that he hoped would eventually become their wives; Alan reflected that after the turmoil of the past four weeks, he was now at peace, finally.

Rose again was unrestrained in her singing, and even more people were taking notice of her great talent, including Ruth. Rose happened to love all the Christmas songs, so she allowed her joy and love to sally forth. She had never heard Mary's Song (Breath of Heaven), which the praise band performed, and she sat forward to catch every note. On their way out of the worship space, Ruth pulled Rose aside.

"Rose, John has told me of your wonderful singing voice, and I've just experienced it for myself. You put your whole heart into it, don't you?"

"Yeah, I suppose I do. Childhood memories, I guess. Christmas is my favorite time of the year," Rose admitted.

"Do you plan to be with us in worship on Christmas Eve?" Ruth asked, hoping against hope.

"If Alan has his way, yes, both of the girls and I will be here for Christmas Eve. Why do you ask?"

Ruth asked, "Rose, dear, would you please sing a solo during that service? I think 'O Holy Night' would be marvelous coming from you."

Rose tried to temporize, saying that she needed to consider this. Ruth replied that the worship bulletin would be going to print on Monday, and they really needed to know soon. Giving in to the ego stroke, Rose agreed to do the solo. Ruth gave her a big hug of thanks and welcome and hurried off.

Maggie was sitting on a bench not far away talking with Jack and Maeve. She was informed that she needed to be dressed "professionally" and to bring her lunch on Tuesday, as the store was closed on Sundays and Mondays. She also needed to bring her Social Security card and a birth certificate for the I-9 paperwork process.

"By 'professionally', I take it that slacks are not considered appropriate?" Maggie inquired.

"That is correct, dear," Maeve answered. "Our customers and prospective customers are not mall traffic. They come to our shops with purpose. Professional dress sends the message that we value their patronage."

"I believe I understand that," Maggie replied. "I will do my very best to meet your expectations. But please understand that this is my first job with a dress code."

"We will try to be as considerate as your grandparents would be, dear," Maeve responded, hinting at the relationship she was trying to develop with Maggie.

Jack left Maggie with Maeve and caught up with Tom.

"Tom, how are you feeling today?"

"Much better, Mr. Johnson, thank you for asking. And thank you for standing in my dad's place on Friday night, as much as they would allow you."

"Think nothing of it, Tom. You and David are like my own grandchildren."

"I, um, I'm thinking of getting a ring for Julie sometime this spring. Can you please keep an eye out for something a budget-conscious person could afford? Nothing quite as elaborate as what Dad is getting for Rose, though."

"I will keep that in mind, Tom," Jack assured him. "And I highly approve of Miss Julie for you, for whatever that's worth."

"Yeah, well Mom picked her out," Tom responded without thinking. Jack's face mirrored his internal confusion at Tom's words, but he said nothing and patted Tom on the shoulder in farewell.

= = =

Reconvening at home, the six opted for pizza for lunch and then discussed plans for the rest of the day and the next. Rose had to return to Centreville as she had to work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Julie wanted to finish packing her things and hopefully bring them down to Middleburg on Tuesday or Wednesday. Maggie had to get her clothing, especially the pieces she could wear to work. David allowed as he could shift some of his closet's contents to the basement to make room for Maggie's stuff temporarily. Tom needed to find a new vehicle and Alan needed to help Tom. It was agreed that David would drive up with Maggie and return with her and her clothing that evening. Julie would ride with Rose and would return on her own schedule.

Having determined all that, there was no reason not to get underway, and with lots of hugs and kisses for Alan and Tom, the four departed in the two vehicles. Maggie was particularly pleased with the amenities of David's Jeep. Filling both vehicles with gasoline, they made the trip together, obeying the posted speed limits. Rose and Julie were certain to text Alan and Tom about the safe arrival of all four.

"Jules, can you please help me understand what in my wardrobe is considered 'professional'? Mr. Johnson asked me to dress professionally, and that means skirts and dresses, I guess. No slacks, and definitely no jeans or t-shirts."

"Sure, Mags. Come on, David. I guess you'll get a mini-fashion show. Here are a couple of boxes I got from Home Depot for packing your stuff in, Magpie."

David was given the task of packing up Maggie's drawers, meaning socks, shorts, t-shirts, and most thrilling of all (for him), her underwear. He sneaked a peek at the tag on her bra and filed it away in his memory. He really had no understanding of what a 34-B meant. But he did know he liked the way her naked breasts filled his hands and the way his hands could make her feel.

After setting David to task, Maggie watched him for a few minutes then turned her attention to what Julie was saying. There were about six dresses and four skirts and five blouses that Julie deemed appropriate to wear for a job. They chose three pairs of shoes that could work with all the work clothes, and Julie advised Maggie that pantyhose was a mandatory item, despite Maggie's dislike for the way they made her feel.

"You can't wear stay up stockings every day, Maggie," Julie said softly. "You simply don't have enough. And many guys can't take their eyes off your legs if you show them. Maybe in the summer, you can go bare-legged, but not during the winter. I'm sorry."

Maggie gave an equally soft, "Harrumph!" then countered with the idea of her purchasing some more stockings with her first paycheck.

"That's all well and good, but what are you going to do until you get that first paycheck? And be sure to take good care of your hosiery; they get expensive to replace frequently."

Another quiet "Harrumph" then Maggie remembered that she had asked Julie to help her. She had literally asked for this, and she got it. It just wasn't what she wanted to get. Then Maggie remembered David's eyes glowing with lust and joy on those Sundays when she wore a dress or skirt and the stockings. Maybe Julie had the right idea all along.

"David, what do you think? Bare-legged or wearing stockings or pantyhose?" Maggie asked, breaking David away from playing a little with her underwear.

Face blushing at having been caught, David's response was unconsidered. "Definitely with the stockings or pantyhose. Your legs look fantastic, Magpie, and I think you should show them off all the time."

Julie looked at Maggie with an 'I told you so' expression.

The girls finished choosing the work clothes needed for Maggie's job, and David finished packing away Maggie's other clothes.

"Oh, I want to take my painting tonight, David," Maggie informed him.

"What else do you need? An alarm clock? Phone charger? Cosmetics? Mini speakers?"

"Crap. Yes to all of that. I need another box please, Jules."

While the three were deciding about what of Maggie's to pack, Rose occupied herself with preparing supper. By 5:30, the supper was ready, and the trio was pretty well done in with the packing of Maggie's stuff. Three boxes of clothes and other sundry stuff, the dresses, skirts, and blouses still on hangers, and the Kitsune caricature were staged by the front door.

The four sat at the table and to the surprise of the girls, Rose extended her hands to them and bowed her head. Quickly, the girls clasped hands with David and Rose thanked God for the food, for Tom's safety and continuing healing, and for safe travels for them all. Finishing the prayer, the girls looked with some amazement at their mother who responded with, "What? Is this not part of our lives now?" David could only grin in support.

Supper concluded and David and Maggie loaded her things into his Jeep with the boxes going in the back end and the clothes and picture occupying the back seat. Julie and Rose handled the kitchen clean-up quickly, and they regathered in the living area.

"David, please be extra safe going back home. You have entirely too precious a cargo with you. And, of course, let me know when you arrive safely," Rose admonished. "Now, you two, go and keep your hands to yourselves until you get to David's home!" Rose pulled them both in for big hugs and cheek kisses. Julie had to add hers to the mix as well.

The trip back to Middleburg was uneventful as the best trips are, and by 8:30 they pulled into the Harrisons' driveway and Maggie's phone was out and she was texting Rose and Julie about their safe arrival. Alan and Tom came outside and between the four of them, they got the boxes and picture and clothing safely upstairs in David's room. And then it was time for the nightly phone calls, except for David and Maggie. They had their communication time face to face, horizontally, in David's bed. And Alan and Tom were a little jealous of the younger ones.

= = =

Monday, December 21:

As Alan's alarm clock flipped from 5:59 to 6:00 am, the Bangles' remake of "Hazy Shade of Winter" was heard from the speaker. The DJ prefaced the song with the fact that December 21st was the first day of winter. Truthfully, Alan preferred that version to the original one by Simon and Garfunkel. He had no reason to get up, aside from it had become his habit, and he would likely need to resume it next week. He did not, however, get out of bed immediately. He grabbed his phone and sent a text to Rose.

Alan: * Good morning, my sweet. *

Rose: * Good morning, my darling man. I like it when you think of me first thing. *

Alan: * Oh, I'm thinking of you. And stroking. *

Rose: * No fair, you started without me! *

And his phone rang with her incoming call.

"So, apart from wishing it was me going up and down on your cock, what's on your mind or agenda, Alan?"

"Right now, Rose, you are the only thing on my mind. I do so love to wake up next to you, holding you, nuzzling your neck, holding your tits, poking your ass or pussy with my hard cock, that sort of thing."

Rose was busily strumming her clit with the hand not holding the phone, and she very quickly reached her zenith, very expressively, to the enjoyment of Alan.

"Now it's your turn, sir. Would you rather have my lips bobbing up and down on your cock, or would you prefer my hands all over it and your balls? Or would you rather have my nylon-covered feet stroking your prick to its desired finish? Hmmm? Which is it, baby? Huh? My lips or my hands or my feet? Stroking up and down and teasing that poor little cock head, coaxing its treasure out. Or maybe you'd rather have my tight, wet pussy slipping up and down it. Up and down. Mmmm. Up and down. How good would that feel, huh, Alan?"

Rose's words and especially her tone of voice quickly got Alan to shoot his cum all over his t-shirt. At the sounds of his groans, Rose orgasmed again. After they had both caught their breath, Alan started flexing some relationship muscles.

"Rose, you be sure to get your ass down here on Wednesday after work, do you hear me? I'm not going to be responsible for my actions or emotions if you're not in my bed come Thursday morning," he nearly growled. She could get him spun up so easily, even more so than Laura could. And Laura was an expert about Alan.

In a soft, almost little-girl voice, Rose replied, "Yes, Alan." She almost said, "Yes, Daddy," but caught herself. That was a path that would lead to nowhere good very quickly. "I may have to come back here after work to pick up some stuff, but I'll be on my way as soon thereafter as possible. I love you. Deeply. Madly. Desperately."

"I'm sorry, Rose, for coming on so strongly. You have that effect on me. I love you, too. I've found that I cannot live without you in my life. Please be safe. Talk tonight?"

"Only if you answer your phone, love. Bye."

"Goodbye, Rose. Have a good day." And Alan disconnected the call.

Alan then got up and prepared for the rest of the day. By the time he made it down to the kitchen, the coffee maker was already brewing, and Tom had buttered four bagel halves with four more in the toaster.

"You may want to hold off on fixing those other bagels, Tom. No telling when those two will make their appearance this morning."

"Good point, Dad. Thanks. This gives us time to sit and talk a bit."

Alan seldom shied away from difficult discussions, and he suspected one was coming with Tom. Alan filled his mug, took two of the buttered bagel halves, and sat at the kitchen table. He pushed a chair out with his foot for Tom to come and sit. Tom likewise filled his mug as the pot continued to brew, put his breakfast on a plate, and sat to talk.

"Dad, I'm going to need a replacement vehicle by New Year's, you know that, right?"

"Yes, Tom, I'm aware. We just went through much of this with David. As I recall, you were rather quiet while we were going from car lot to car lot. What are you thinking?"

"My Corolla was rather old and there have been many technology upgrades since it came out. I really like the Jeep that David's driving. The visibility is really nice, and the fuel economy is not horrendously worse than what I was getting. Do you suppose they might have another one?"

Alan replied, "Well, let's look on their website." Alan led Tom to the media room (a.k.a. "Man Cave") where he had left his laptop. Connecting it to the large display, Alan pulled up the website for the car rental company's car sales and sure enough, there was another Jeep Compass listed. This one had fewer miles and was the Limited trim, so it was going to cost quite a bit more than David's had. Tom started to get rather excited about this vehicle and Alan had to throw a pail of the icy water of reality into the mix.

"Tom, these people don't haggle on the price. What is listed is what it will cost, plus some transfer fees and taxes, and registration. Are you prepared to assume the responsibility for these payments once you get a job in your field? I'll co-sign for you." Alan snorted as a thought crossed his mind. "You know, we'll all need to get accounts with the AgCU once Rose starts working there. It can be a very nice thing to have someone on the inside."

That information just got Tom more excited. Then he remembered the Corolla.

"Dad, there's stuff in the Corolla we need to get. Things in the console, things in the glove box. Even the keys, unless you have them."

That worry gave Alan an immediate focus for the day. He could not start tracking things down until after 8 am, so he did what he did best: he started a list. He got Tom to list out the things he knew needed to be retrieved. Alan figured it would be a chain of communications, so he started by listing out the number of the police officer Tom had spoken with. Alan added an entry to his list for the number to be provided by the officer.