Spirits in the Material World Pt. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

David woke up before Maggie, but he couldn't do much about it. Throughout the night, she had wrapped her arms and legs around David, and her hair was covering his face. He used his free hand to clear her hair from his mouth and he tried to extract his other arm from her grasp. He noticed that her dyed hair had faded significantly, and he sort of mourned the loss of his Kitsune girl. Craning his head around, he was able to discern it was 7:30 am from his alarm clock which had intentionally not had its alarm activated.

"Mags? Maggie? Magpie, my love. I've got to move now. You've got to let go."

Maggie grumbled and groaned and clasped David tighter.

"Magpie, I gotta pee like a racehorse! We'll have a waterbed here in a few moments if you don't let go!"

David tugged and then pulled with great force and extracted his arm from Maggie's clutches. His need to pee gave great incentive for him to pull his leg free, and then he rolled off the bed and scurried to the bathroom, barely making it. He was in such a rush that he did not close either the bedroom or the bathroom doors, and his exclamation of relief penetrated Maggie's slumber. He wiped, washed his hands, and then thought to brush his teeth while the opportunity was right in his face.

David then had to make a decision. He wanted to creep back into his room and wake Maggie with butterfly kisses (blinking his eyelashes against her nose) following up with gentle lip kisses. But he also knew that she wanted polluted coffee first thing, and if he were to bring some up, he'd be that much further into her good graces. Decisions, decisions.

He opted for the coffee, so he quietly descended to the kitchen, hearing his brother and father in the media room, and he fixed up two mugs for coffee, one with some flavored creamer Alan had laid in preparing for the Lawson ladies. He considered toasting the remaining four bagel halves, but his hands would be full with the two cups, so he opted just for the coffee delivery. Just as quietly, he returned to his room and set his mug on his desk. He then knelt next to Maggie and gently blew across the mug, hoping for the aroma to smack her around a little. And it worked.

Smacking her lips, Maggie's eyes fluttered open, and her arm was stretched out where David had lain. She wiggled her fingers to assure there was nobody there, and then she scented the Elixir of Consciousness. She heard David's blowing across the mug, so she made her movements deliberately and she sat up and faced him. His hands were still full, so she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him into a hot and heavy kiss that lasted a minute and a half.

"Thank you so much, Davey! I love getting coffee in bed, especially your bed!"

She relieved David of the burden of the coffee mug which allowed him to rise to his feet, retrieve his own mug, and come around to the opposite side of the bed. Taking a big slug of his coffee, he set the mug on the nightstand and crawled back into bed. Maggie was enjoying the contents of her mug as well, then set it on her nightstand and turned back to David.

He edged closer to her to rub noses, then lowered his head a little to flutter his eyelashes on the tip of her nose. Maggie giggled at this silliness, then turned aggressor. She grabbed David and rolled him onto his back and straddled his hips. She bent down and treated him to butterfly kisses of her own, then proceeded to engage his lips and tongue with hers. She ground her panty-covered pussy on his rapidly stiffening cock through his shorts and rocked her hips back and forth to heighten her pleasure.

"Wait a minute, Maggie," David said, halting the wonderful grinding. He rolled to his right and extracted a condom and handed it to her to unwrap and apply.

"Oooh, I like where your mind is at, David." And she carefully removed the condom from the protective sleeve while David skimmed his boxer briefs off. His eager and ready cock was hard, flushed, and pulsing. Maggie unrolled the prophylactic on his prick and pulled her panties to one side. Quickly she mounted him and resumed the bumping and grinding, this time with the express purpose of orgasms for them both. She was not disappointed.

David, having noted the connection between her nipples and her pussy, reached up to gently toy with her nipples, tweaking them lightly, flicking them, squeezing her breasts. And just like Friday night, this got Maggie even more worked up and aroused. And louder.

"Oh, David, yes! Yes! Oh, do that some more, please! Oh, so good, so gooood!"

For his part, David remained rather quiet and focused on giving his girlfriend the release she desired and deserved. Softly he said, "Come for me, Maggie. Give me all of you and I'll give you all of me. Come for me, Magpie, my Kitsune girl. Come for me, my love."

His last words did it for her. It was a whole-body orgasm, and she was bouncy and flouncy and flouncy and bouncy and all kinds of fun, fun, fun, fun, fun. She had to let out the screech of her joy as she felt David's cock swell within the confines of his condom. Then she collapsed on him, her hair totally covering his face, much like the morning began.

"Hey, Maggie! Did you remember to take your pill this morning?"

"Oh, fuck!"

"No, we already did that. Go take care of that item, please."

= = =

Alan contacted the Middleburg Police Department just after 8 am and was routed to the police officer who had spoken with Tom, Officer Ted Hendricks. Conveniently, all of the contents of Tom's Toyota Corolla had been placed in a banker's file box, including the car and house keys. So, there was no need to view the remains of his old car. Tom was asked to come down to the police station to pick up the box as well as complete the accident report. Alan offered to drive, and Tom accepted. Once at the station, Tom signed his name to the accident report, noting the names of the others involved.

"Officer Hendricks, may I have a photocopy of that so I can be sure the insurance company has all the pertinent details without having to bother you folks too much?" Tom thought his request was skillfully presented, but Ted knew the real reasons for the request.

"Sure, Mr. Harrison, let me get a copy made for you. Would you like two copies, one to give to your insurance agent and one for your files?"

"Yes, please, that would be very helpful, sir," Tom replied.

"Just don't let this information get you into a situation where we have to get involved again, okay?" Ted Hendricks stared Tom down and conveyed all kinds of meaning with that stare.

"I promise nothing will happen which should result in calling the police to the scene," Tom answered, and got a nod from Officer Hendricks.

From the police station, Alan and Tom went to their insurance agent's office to provide the details of Friday's incident. It was largely uneventful, and the agent appreciated the copy of the police report. She entered into the system to terminate coverage on the Corolla which would result in a partial refund to Alan of the premiums already paid. The police report assigned total fault for the accident to the driver of the Mercury Marquis, so Tom's insurance company would be contacting the other insurance company about restitution.

"In the meantime, I doubt you can find another 2002 Corolla that is still roadworthy. Our best bet is to get as much recompense as possible," she said. "Do you have any thoughts?"

"I like David's Jeep Compass we got at Thanksgiving, and there's another one for sale there with even fewer miles. I think we're going there to check it out next," Tom stated.

"Well, keep me updated as to what you decide to do. I'm very glad you were not severely injured, Tom. It sounds like the big winner in all of that was the maple tree to emerge with just a scratch."

"Thank you, Mrs. Lyle. And thank you for being a 'good neighbor'." And the two men exited the insurance office.

"What now, Tom?" asked Alan.

"Let's go check out that Jeep Compass we found online. I have no problem with driving a red car."

"Even though they inherently draw attention from various official types?" Alan asked, archly. Alan's extreme dislike for flashiness was manifesting in his words.

"If you don't break the law, what do you have to fear from the police?" Tom riposted.

"You raise a very good point, son. Ok, let's go see what we can see."

Rather than repeat all the stops they had made looking for David's car, this time they went directly to the rental car's car sales lot. Ten AM on a Monday is not the peak time for car sales, so they did not have to wait long before a salesperson approached them on the lot. The well-tailored, attractive, and pleasant cocoa-skinned young woman quickly took their measure and believed she could start her holiday week off well with a sale.

"Gentlemen, my name is Gwen. May I assist you with something today?" She smiled and her perfect, brilliant white teeth were dazzling.

"I'm Alan and this is Tom. Tom, why don't you tell Gwen what you're looking for?" Alan prompted. Sometimes Tom's nature was too self-effacing for Alan's tastes, so he pushed his son forward into the conversation spotlight.

Gwen was beautiful and she knew it as well as knew how to use that beauty to her advantage. Turning her focus totally on Tom, she turned her foot and cocked her hip to press that advantage. Not waiting for the younger man to say anything, Gwen directed the discussion.

"Have you purchased anything from us previously?" she asked.

"Y-yes, we, uh, bought a Jeep Compass for my brother back at Thanksgiving. Your, uh, website showed a red Jeep Compass Limited in stock this morning. May we look at that one, please?"

Gwen smiled and answered, "I know the one you are asking about. I've had my eye on that one, too, but I'd be even happier to sell it to you, Tom. It's just over here." Her 3" heels caused her ass to sway alluringly in her skirt as she led Tom and Alan three cars down and one row over. "I just had a feeling this one would not last the week on the lot. Here we are, gentlemen. It's unlocked and while you look around inside and out, may I go get the keys for you?"

Tom's eyes lit up like a small child's on Christmas morning. And not at the sex-sells approach taken by Gwen; he was totally committed to Julie. But he could appreciate what Gwen was showing, nonetheless. Then he turned his attention to the vehicle.

"Yes, Gwen, please do get the keys," Alan answered, noting that Tom had reverted to his usual reticence.

They opened the doors and a fresh scent rolled out and over them. Not a new-car-plastic fresh, but it was clean and inviting anyway. They both sat in the front seats, and Tom placed his hands on the gear shift as well as the steering wheel. A broad smile looked to be making a home on his face once more as it had been missing since Friday night. None of the power items would work without the keys, but Tom was able to adjust the rearview mirror and lay his hands on all the controls.

Just like in David's Jeep, Alan appreciated the elevated sightlines compared to his Volvo. The fit, finish, and interior appointments were all aesthetically pleasing, and Alan was beginning to smile as well.

Gwen returned with the keys and a clipboard. "Trade you the keys for a driver's license," she offered, and Alan dug out his license. Tom started up the Jeep and tested all the control while she noted all the details she could from Alan's driver's license. "Cell number, please, Mr. Harrison?" she inquired of Alan, which he then provided. "It's a silly question given the smiles on your faces, but would you like to take it for a test drive?"

"Oh, yes," Tom answered, and Alan affirmed it with a nod.

"Very good, sirs. See you back here in 15 to 20 minutes?"

Alan had Tom drive and they did city streets with traffic as well as a few miles on the highway. The four-cylinder engine got them moving easily, the gears shifted easily up and down, and the brakes stopped them as they expected. After a dozen minutes, they swapped seats so Alan could try it out. They returned to the dealership right at the 20-minute mark and Gwen met them with a smile beaming on her pretty face.

"What is your consensus, misters Harrison?" she asked.

"Oh, we like it a lot, miss Gwen," Alan responded. "I know this place specifies no-haggle pricing, but what is the best financing rate you can offer a repeat customer with an 800 credit score?" Alan laid it all out to her at once. Gwen's eyes bulged a little at the credit score number (actually, Alan's score was 820). She licked her lips a couple of times, then asked them to follow her to her office.

Over the next hour, Alan's credit score was verified, and a very nice interest rate was located for him, conveniently offered by the AgCU, and the deal was quickly completed. Gwen had returned Alan's driver's license to him, and she thanked them both with genuine gratitude for getting her holiday week off to a great start.

Alan parked his car in the garage while Tom parked in the driveway next to David's Jeep. At the sound of the car horn, David and Maggie emerged from the front door, holding hands. David was surprised and pleased that Tom had thought so highly of David's Jeep as to get one for himself.

David and Maggie had taken the morning to be leisurely with each other. No more intercourse had occurred, but lots of touching and kissing had ensued. Breaking apart, David had cleaned up the kitchen while Maggie had showered, then David took a shower himself. They had found Alan's note about him and Tom running a few errands, and they had been sitting in the media room watching 'Love Actually' when they heard Alan's return and Tom's car horn.

Tom reached into the Volvo and extracted the banker's box from the back seat, and they all went inside to sit around the dining table. Alan called Mrs. Lyle and gave her the VIN for the new Jeep and requested that it be added to the family's policies. Then they sat there for a few minutes, catching their collective breath.

"Tom, I think Julie would like to know about your new vehicle," Maggie suggested. "Perhaps some pictures as well as the pertinent details?"

"Yep, when you're right, Maggie, you're totally right. Come take the pictures with me in the picture?"

Maggie and Tom exited through the garage, allowing David and Alan to talk briefly.

"So, Dad, you were saying something about my needing not to be committed to a work schedule for the next week?"

"Um, yeah. I'd forgotten about that. We need to bring the ladies' stuff down here before I have to start my new job next Tuesday. Now that we have Tom's Jeep to haul things plus your Jeep plus my wagon, I think we can handle much of the non-furniture things ourselves. Let's see: Maggie has to work Tuesdays through Saturdays except for this Friday and next Friday. That leaves us Sunday or Monday if we include her. Do you know how much stuff she has left up there?"

"I think she's got a lot more yet to bring. Maybe Sunday after church and come back late? Nobody has to work on Monday. I'd like to contact the city Parks and Recreation Department and see about getting some Lifeguard hours. I could use some money of my own, you know."

"I appreciate your kindness and consideration, son. Ok, call the Parks and Rec people and maybe get on as a substitute? Once we get the furniture out of the place up there and decide how much goes with Tom and Julie, you should be freed up to work all the time."

"Thanks, Dad. I'll call them right now." And David walked into the kitchen, phone in hand to call the Parks and Recreation Department. Talking with someone he knew, he was instantly accepted as an emergency substitute. In fact, could he work on Tuesday from 10 until 4? As he was a known quantity and returning for his third year, he would get an extra $1.50 per hour which he did not turn down.

David returned to Alan at the dining table at the same time as Tom and Maggie returned from the driveway.

"Texts and pictures all sent?" Alan inquired.

"Julie just about peed herself, according to her. I think we've chosen well, Dad."

The four of them had sandwiches and chips for lunch, then David went outside to "help" Tom become acquainted with many features of his new vehicle. Ultimately, David helped to get Tom's phone synced with the Bluetooth capabilities of the Jeep. Then they took the car out for some joyriding; visiting places in Middleburg which held memories for them both. It was a great brother re-bonding time. Tom spoke of his discussion with Laura while in the hospital in "her" room. David talked about his gratitude for Julie bringing Rose and especially Maggie into their family's lives.

While the brothers were gallivanting about town and re-bonding, Maggie availed herself of some one-on-one time with Alan. When lunch was over, she went over and sat in his lap and gave him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. She then stood and pulled him by the hand into the media room. She ejected "Love Actually" and put in another Christmas classic, "Die Hard". She then sat down beside Alan on the sofa and leaned into him, resting her head against his shoulder and tucking her legs up underneath her.

"Are you sure you're a girl, Magpie? This tends to be a guy's Christmas movie," Alan observed. She responded by worming her head under his arm to rest it on his chest, and Alan allowed her to snuggle in. She inhaled his scent which was very similar to David's yet with some subtle differences.

"Yes, I'm pretty sure I'd have noticed if I wasn't a girl, Dad." She was being VERY intentional with Alan this afternoon. She had picked up on his aversion to 'Daddy', and that wasn't the type or scope of relationship she wanted to have with him. She had never had such a guardian or protector and until that moment she had never realized its absence in her life. But she did now, and she was nearly in heaven, snuggling up to him with his arm resting on her side. He wasn't holding her, nor were his fingers or hand stroking or caressing her. They were simply cuddled together and enjoying the hell out of their time together, just being.

For his part, Alan had never considered what it would have been like to have a daughter. He lived in the reality he was presented with and had been thrilled beyond belief to have the two boys. His delight and satisfaction climbed even higher as each one had climbed the Eagle Scout trail, just as he and his father had. Alan's life had been so perfect, right up until Laura's diagnosis of pancreatic cancer in May 2019. It was a truly dark period for him after Laura had died.

But now, with adding Rose, Julie, and Maggie into their lives, Alan was beginning to turn his face to the sunlight and bask in the warm glow of happiness. The dark clouds of sadness and gloom were being pushed away. Rose had made a special place for herself in his heart, but this was him making room there for Maggie. It was similar yet quite different. She was very pretty, a much younger version of Rose in fact at least physically. But Maggie was guarded, watching the world with skeptical eyes. And now she seemed to be able to trust in Alan and let her guard down a little. Her trust in him, just that little bit, set his heart ablaze. He found he wanted to protect her, to keep her safe. Very much like her mother.

= = =

Julie spent her Monday packing up her room and belongings. That didn't take too very long, and, by mid-afternoon, she was at loose ends. She had been interrupted by texts and pictures from Tom about his new vehicle, and Julie was very pleased for him.

Julie sat at the dining table, considering her next actions. She and Tom were moving into an apartment together in January. The apartment was empty except for the washer and dryer, refrigerator, stove, and microwave. So, what did they need to furnish the place? She got out a notepad and pen and started a list.