All Comments on 'Splashdown Ch. 01'

by Choppedliver

Sort by:
  • 124 Comments
servant111servant111about 1 year ago

Wow. Loved your Happy Hollowdays and this looks terrific be as good or even better. Absolutely love how you frame the issues in this episodic beginning chapter.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

RAACuck story alert

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Boring just release everything at one go. Why do chapters? It gets lost in the different files people spam. Easier to have everything at one go, as long as it may be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

wow!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sissy, wimp, loser, pathetic, take your pick. This clown is awful, it is impossible to cheer for him.

6ulprsn6ulprsnabout 1 year ago

Extremely well written; felt like it was drawing me inside the ‘situation’ as a well drafted story should. Excellently done, although the ides of 10 more parts being strung out over months doesn’t exactly please me. Still - 5*

CriosCriosabout 1 year ago

Wow! Drives home how the MC is eating himself alive with his (justifiable) worry. Like watching two trains heading directly toward one another, just waiting for the crash. Can't wait until the next part!

retirdsalrretirdsalrabout 1 year ago

I agree with the "wow" comment below. What a setting for a loving wives story. very original, very new. there is so much potential to twist the plot in so many different ways. (it sets the stage for so many alternate endings from other authors...?) I was especially impressed with the depth of think that "Gary" put into this. ( I understand this is fiction and not a likely story), But Gary sets up a context that truly makes it look like a situation that cannot possibly have a good outcome for him. That certainly sets-up the suspense. I cant wait to see how the author will develop this plot. Some aspects of the problem in this story are not new: military people get deployed extended time. We also know the problem of "work husband/wife"...especially in close quarters...for example male and female partners in a police patrol car, on night shift etc. But this is 6 months away in space...with a small group... and arguably cameras watching them all the time. Can't wait... Nice work!

Orion623Orion623about 1 year ago

Excellent. Certainly something very new as an entry to the Loving Wives category. 5*

BrentJWBrentJWabout 1 year ago

Credible and interesting story line, but not sure how much more of this wordy overthinking I can tolerate.

NotSomeBubbaNotSomeBubbaabout 1 year ago

Wow. This story is gonna be one hell of a ride, literally and figuratively. Can't wait for the upcoming chapters!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story idea but way too much angst. I actually skimmed through the last two pages. We need a bit more action and a little less hand wringing in the next chapters.

pepepilotpepepilotabout 1 year ago

My mind is such a cluster of thoughts and I don't know where to go with them. I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter so maybe you can straighten out my cluttered mind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

For some reason, it seems to me that increasing the duration of the mission is not all the secrets that Peggy kept silent about. It may turn out that the true purpose of the expedition is to find out the possibility of getting pregnant and the course of pregnancy in space. It is possible that for these reasons, the terms were increased to six months. Let's say 1-2 months for fertilization and 4-5 months for monitoring the baby and mother - exactly until such a period, until the tummy would not particularly cause discomfort when returning to Earth. Or, there may be some kind of emergency situation on the space station, as a result of which the stay in space will last for more than six months. And since every ounce of the weight of astronauts' hand luggage is strictly on the bill, Peggy will eventually run out of contraceptives, which she prudently took into orbit, realizing her need for the obligatory satisfaction of her libido. And as a result, she will still get pregnant. An emergency situation is also hinted at by the fact that the story is called "Splashdown", that is, landing on water. Russian spaceships would have a regular landing, that is, they descend to land in Siberia or Kazakhstan. So something's going to go wrong...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So he needs the talk with his wife and not this Kathy person. I am very glad you wrote that he supports the trip. Anyone who marries an astronaut knows the chance of going to space is there and it is not a short bus ride. Also they know it is male and female in a small space for a long length of time. They also train for months and Longo and know and respect each other. They are very unique and share a bond. They will be close emotionally as well as physically. Does not mean they cheat and have sex but you as a spouse know this is not the basic overnight business trip.

Stories that have people with these huge uncontrollable sex urges are not that real for me. This is an OK story but you know that she either has sex (somehow in a space capsule) or they fight about it and break up before she leaves. But either way your writing has this as a reconciliation and not a divorce. I find it very similar to the one where the scientist saves a life by having sex to clear her mental block. This astronaut will do the mission, will have sex in space and maybe already has cheated, but they will remain married.

Hopefully it is two chapters and not five.

P.S. So he will be satisfied with jerking off for six months but feels his wife cannot? She can find a place to have secret affair in space but not finger herself?

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 1 year ago

3* Neurotic, passive-aggressive hubby with high potential for being cuckman. Too much blah blah blah with rehashing the same bullet points. Say more with less.

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 1 year ago

Unnecessarily drawn out, for a MC who's supposedly mentally tough, he sure has simp vibes. Yeah this has cheating slut with a spineless husband raac all over it...

Shame.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63about 1 year ago

Interesting topic. I look forward to the next part. I hope it is soon. I would recommend cutting this down. I feel you could have covered the same ground with a lot less words.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Way too long. You need to cut this in half at least.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great writing. Thank you!

UnassignedUnassignedabout 1 year ago

You've taken the premise of "For the Greater Good" and ratcheted it up to 20. These are the thoughts and ideas which didn't come up until after the fact in that story . . . which takes the story in a very different, and fascinating, direction. This is a great start and I'm eagerly awaiting the rest of your story!

UnassignedUnassignedabout 1 year ago

One further thought - a *gaping* plot hole in "For the Greater Good", particularly in George Anderson's otherwise outstanding sequel, was the implied requirement for the woman to specifically have sex with a partner to solve their issue of losing focus. If Peg just needs to get off on a more or less frequent basis to maintain her focus, take a vibrator or dildo (or both) on the trip; no doubt there would be room in her weight allotment. Is it as good as actual sex? No . . . but for 6 months why wouldn't it be enough to keep her going? Would it be completely private? Again, no . . . but it would certainly be far more private and discrete than actually screwing one of the other astronauts, so that shouldn't be a deterrent to that solution.

mattenwmattenwabout 1 year ago

He already has the successor ready, so why worry? Nonetheless, I really enjoyed your story. But I think his views are understandable. She has already sacrificed him for her goals.

MigbirdMigbirdabout 1 year ago

I am on board — how can one not be in light of the inevitable the husband framed. As he said, I do contingencies. One might argue overdone, but your story. Like most Loving Wife storylines told from the husband’s POV which always strikes me as ironic in light of title of category. At least this first of 11 chapters is all husband and a bit too long winded — yes, want to get storyline in all its complexity out there, but suspect you could have done so in less space — so many long paragraphs of him framing the inevitable one after another. More than piqued my curiosity.

skruff101skruff101about 1 year ago

Four pages of angst and little else, at the end of this part she should have been in space by now getting pounded into the cosmos by the ruskie stud muffin that will enevitably be on hand to create the modern equivalent of Arthur C Clark’s 2001 star child.

There’s slow build and there’s slow build but I think this will be glacial based on this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

UGGHH I slogged through 3 pages and looked at top of page 4 and was reminded this is chapter 1. So estimating 1 chapter per 2 weeks would be 12 chapters then 8 more after splash down to bring this rambling non-story to a conclusion. Why is this published on an erotic fiction site when it is as erotic as the fruit fly’s reproduction cycle. Thanks for not going int details about how astronauts poop in zero G.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 1 year ago

GOD ALMIGHTY... this is so long winded. It took 4 pages to get this the heart of the matter.

.

"Basically, it comes down to my letting her fulfill her destiny even though conditions have changed dramatically. Unfortunately, I believe that is tantamount to giving her permission to cheat, and I am not built that way.".

.

SECOND the husband is ANOTHER wimp and hypocrite. He correctly criticizes hsi wife for holding back key information.

.

But why then is the husband hiding from his wife his legit concerns about her wife sex drive in the ISS?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Despite the Anons negativity, this has the elements of a very interesting story. I've been around since before the beginnings of space flight. When they began having coed space flights I wondered if any of the astronauts had tried having sex up there. You pointed out that other cultures have a much looser idea of appropriateness between the genders nd may have actually experimented sexually. I'm sure they would not have announced this to the world due to the possibility of offending the scientific community or trivializing the space projects. I look forward to the rest of your story.

Kurmugin

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Way, way, way too wordy. This chapter could have been half as long. Skipped over half of his incessant droning on and on. The MC needs to grow a set and tell her if she cheats they're done. Simple as that. But as another commenter said I see a RAAC coming all the way from the space station.

CptAmeripantsCptAmeripantsabout 1 year ago

I love the premise of your stories, but man does it feel like a slog to get through. Just finished Hollowdays thinking it would be different, but those were hard to finish, too. You're on the right track, but there needs to be a break during these conversations for something else to happen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Woman disciplined enough to survive a very difficult elimination process, can't control her sexual desire for 6 months? Husband that savvy can't figure out that mission times are lengthening?

Interesting, yet, a very different story v. usual LW fare. Hook has definitely been et.

RichardbeardRichardbeardabout 1 year ago

Can't wait for the rest of this!

GrimmerGrimmerabout 1 year ago

Great plot line however I found myself nodding off mid page.

AccelarVesterAccelarVesterabout 1 year ago

A very compelling story and a very unique POV from the husband's side.

I am really looking forward ot the rest of the chapters...

5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You're trying desperately to make your MC out the be an undercover touch guy but all I'm seeing is a pussy.

FordF150guyFordF150guyabout 1 year ago

Whew, I’m exhausted. If every chapter is like this I’m not sure I’ll survive.

TheArtfulCodgerTheArtfulCodgerabout 1 year ago

Way outside the box, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good, but ten more chapters to go? Do authors really know how much interest is lost in drawing out stories like this? Even decent ones, intriguing as they might be. Life and such intervenes too often, causing the thread of interest to break. It really pushes it to wade through the weeds to keep track of a good 5 installment piece. And recently Loving Wives has become an overgrown infestation of brambles and weeds. But 11 chapters... ? I know there has been even longer tomes to wade through, but I'm not wasting that kind of time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Boring. Psychobabble at its worst. Why doesn't hubby voice his concerns to his wife? Dragging this nonsense across 11(!) chapters? No thanks.

DesusDesusabout 1 year ago

The last half of this chapter seemed to drone on and on about his worries. After reading several paragraphs and they seemed to start to repeat, I just started skimming until the MC was wrapping things back up.

miket0422miket0422about 1 year ago

Creative situation the author has created. Definitely a messed up situation that the government would put a married woman in a situation where she's stuck in a tin can with multiple men for 6 months.

The only part of his theory that I think is way off base is the media going along with the story and giving NASA positive press. They would know from the press briefings that she was married. If they return from the mission and she now has one of the other astronauts as a lover ... Most of the media would want to run with all the salacious gossip they possibly could rather than letting NASA try to push a feel good Hallmark movie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Horrible first chapter. Way too many words for too little content and no likable characters. The MC is a "logical idiot" who won't talk to his wife for fear of influencing events while complaining that events are out of his control. The wife is a typical self-centered, goal driven person. She seems to be the type to make personal sacrifices to achieve personal objectives, so giving up sex for 6 months does not sound like an unreasonable feat for her to accomplish, despite her dipshit of a clueless husband having run the spreadsheet to show how she will definitely cheat. One problem with his "logic" is that she will be so horny that she will fuck around to avoid fucking up the mission. However, fucking a fellow crew member would also fuck up the mission, so it's circular logic.

I actually cringe at the thought of there being 10 more chapters of this crap.

DDAY55DDAY55about 1 year ago

She should take a dildo with her or, to be crude, just jerk off. Sexual excretions could be a problem. Pussy juice and cum flying around. I doubt that would be looked at kindly by others. If it is possible to have sex in zero g, I am sure someone has tried it, as an experiment of course. NASA has denied it and astronauts don't talk about it I believe astronauts on the space station use a toilet, where I assume they have some privacy. Interesting story though. I am looking forward to reading the rest of it. 5

straightshooter1958straightshooter1958about 1 year ago

WOW! Congratulations, a new paradigm! Bring it ON! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The premise that an intelligent mature human being…happily married….could NOT go without sex for 3, 6, 12 months is, on its face, preposterous.

.

But then…crazy premises are almost a requirement for LW stories.

.

Let’s see where this one goes.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The amount of fluff just in Chapter 1 is beyond ridiculous. I can't imagine 10 more chapters of this senseless ramblings. You might want to review the old saying that less is more.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 1 year ago

Very hard to read, it has such long dialog going over the same thing over and over. You really need to shorten it, 11 chapters of this is a novel, just too long and hard to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

If your talking about your relationship with someone other than your spouse, it going to damage your relationship.

Don't see this ending well.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 1 year ago

WHOA! what a Great Story, Great Writing. I was wondering if it was ever going to get to the point of his wife being super horny!. When they kept extending the flight length from a couple of weeks to 3 months, then to 6 months. He is right. She will get horney and fuck whoever is available. He needs to tell his shrink he is going to blab to every newspaper and TV station about how he got fucked over by the lying Govt! His Shrink needs to take her off this 6-month trip. If he lets he go, they are divorced for sure, and he knows it. Now, so does the Shrink. 5 stars Great Story, Great Writing, and Great Effort. Please hurry with the sequel! Thank Buster2U

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyneabout 1 year ago

I appreciate the psychological case you are making here. You are setting up a tragedy. The main character has no way out. The wife must cheat to accomplish the mission and she will put the mission ahead of her husband. The guilt will destroy them both. The scandal will be bad for the program. The main character understands "logistics". The obvious solution is for the government to eliminate the main character. The grieving widow falls to the arms of her space lover. It is a perfect ending for the program and everybody but the main character. It is nearly a perfect Shakespearian tragedy. But the main character is also a man that can take action. Will he survive? Not without help. Who will help? Will it be Kathy, or is she the one that sets the process in motion to eliminate the main character? Of course, the MC might save himself by preemptively divorcing the wife. It would be much the same conclusion, but the MC lives to be a reviled character.

But please, no more psychology. Let's have some action.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 1 year ago

An interesting start, but a whole lot of saying a lot of related things with a lot of repetition. Since this opus is complete, this observation’s only potential is to get less loquacious in future tales!

PS I know there are a lotta ‘lots’ in sentence one!

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Good story , but it did start to drag on towards the end.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 1 year ago

He is sure that somehow his wife will have sex in the ISS? He is insufferable. She explained why it would not happen. 11 chapters is going to be silly

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 1 year ago

If you are writing for us, you will stop coming at every issue five different ways. If you are writing for yourself, that's where you'll wind up. Writing for yourself. Because your audience will have switched off.

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsabout 1 year ago

Finish the damned story!

gentle_touch4ugentle_touch4uabout 1 year ago

Great story. I look forward to the next chapter. Thank you for writing. Your writing is great.

woodwardwoodwardabout 1 year ago

Well done. As opposed to other comments on the dialogue depth, I thought it added to the husband depth of despair. Just discovered you as a writer and look forward to more chapters.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitabout 1 year ago

What wa that? Please remove any trace of this guy working “in the field”. His allusion to deployment and being mentally tough rapidly morph into a neurotic beta-make whining about his anxiety over his wife living her life’s dream. This guy would NEVER make it in any sort of “operator} support role. He’s a bitch…

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The way this guy over-thinks or “analyzes” everything, I’m surprised he can decide which color fucking socks to wear every morning. Here’s hoping the author can save this tale in later chapters.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 1 year ago

Gary is pathetically weak. Peggy is a scientist and an astronaut. She is not some weak minded little girl like her husband is becoming. He is so insecure and does not believe in his wife's mental strength. Good for them for having a vigorous sex life. However, if they have no self-control then she should not be in this program, and he should never be "in the field". Not sure where this is going but Gary needs therapy to work on his insecurities. Peggy needs a better husband. She's not going to find one on the ISS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another woketard author who can't write a male character, use pronouns correctly, or refrain from treating affirmative action beneficiaries as having gotten their positions legitimately. Might as well be a story about a "mommy ranger". 1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story, I like the way it’s being told, Gary is probably way overthinking this but I like the way it’s going not your typical Literotica story. Can’t wait for the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I can't see the problem ! The wife is a self-centered liar who obviously has no respect for her husband's feelings. We're headed for a gang bang in space with maybe a pregnant slut as a bonus?

offkilter123offkilter123about 1 year ago

Dialogue is very stilted and unnatural. What could be a very interesting and unique premise is bogged down by the author’s belaboring issue after issue. I am almost to the point I hope Peg cheats on him because he is an insufferable bore.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Interesting discussion.

UnassignedUnassignedabout 1 year ago

OK, last comments for now - author has set up a couple of things which may play a part in the coming chapters. First, the EVA, which may be nothing but perhaps Peggy runs into a problem, is rescued by other heroic astronaut, adrenaline is skyrocketing and . . . anything might happen when they get back to the safety of the station. Second, and a major focus of chapter 1 is the issue of fertility. Gary is looking at post-mission children, but what about during the mission? She or planner-man Gary could think ahead and she could get an IUD, but in Gary's mind that's virtually akin to giving her permission (marriage over). If she does it without telling him - that proves she's willing to choose mission and the "required" sex over fidelity (again, marriage over). So lacking birth control, she fools around on the trip and comes home 1-3 months pregnant . . . hey, it's in the name of science!

.

The real solution is for Gary to talk to *Peggy* about this, emphasizing his support and understanding of how important this is to her, then hand her a vibrator (and spare batteries) and a dildo, and tell her she needs to use those if needed to keep the edge off, and only those.

patilliepatillieabout 1 year ago

The first 2 1/2 pages were brilliant, but then devolved into a drawn out philosophical/logic arguement,as to why he was thinking that the longer time in space would lead to infidelity and the death of his marriage.

First, it is highly unlikely to have sex in the ISS, there simply is no privacy! Second, astro nauts are considered part of the Air Force, and it is against conduct standards. I believe there would be severe repercussions if some such thing happened.

Finally, we dont send 20-something year old women into space. These are all mature, emotionally stable very accomplished people, in their 40-50's. Oh yeah, there have been exceptions but not with the ISS program and a mission lenght of 6 mos. The whole premise this story is based on, the mission length causing a 20 something female astronaut to commit adultery, is just flawed and improbable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Your writing is fine. The idea that a person's libido is so strong that they would not be able to control themselves for six months is just silly. Married couples are faced with six-month separations reasonably often. Military wives, particularly Navy wives, face extended separations and survive. The ability to control your basic instincts is what separates us from animals.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

I’ll be repeating some others, but overall it is a well written chapter. There is some over the top theatrics with the husbands character as well as the wife. You’ve boxed yourself into a corner plot-wise, not sure how you’ll manage reader expectations going forward. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I would hate to think that my life might depend on this weak, wimpy beta male for support. I'd save one bullet for myself if I found myself in a situation where this guy was my only hope. Hell, Mr. Wishy-washy can't even have an adult conversation with his wife about his concerns. I'm going to guess he just get worse in the next 10 chapters if that's even possible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a bunch of BS . The govt would not put her into space if they new her sexual drive was so strong. And 6 months . Also where could she have sex without the whole world knowing. This story so bad. This guy is to insecure. Cannot live without pussy for 6 months.just masturbate. Total garbage .

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 year ago

Interesting but too much jabbering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Look at the brain on Gary. I like how he has covered all the bases. Definitely over thinking this, but it makes for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I can't buy the premise. People go out on ships or assignments for many months. Some of them fuck around, some don't. It is quite obvious being an astronaut is more important to Peggy than being a healthy loyal chaste wife. So what's new about that? How about the spouses who voluntarily, eagerly, enter military service with high levels of mortality: helicopter, fighter jet, and bomber pilots. Crews on submarines. Airborne special forces. Undercover narcotics agents or spying services. Lots and lots of ways to get dead in some jobs. You marry someone in one of those jobs you takes your chances.

\

Gary has to face that he got what he married. Except Peggy has now revealed that her career is more important to her than her marriage. If that is a betrayal in Gary's head, then he has to choose if he can cope with more and more intense betrayal, and the effective dissolution of the marriage relationship he thought both he and Peggy cherished. Gary just found out that he's NOT number 1 in Peggy's life. And that has nothing to do with her being an astronaut, and very likely a whore. So I don't see what all the blather is about. I mean, what if she comes back as chaste as Mother Theresa? Part of the failure is that Gary simply does not believe in Peggy's strength of character and personal restraint, which is silly.

\

You know there are people, vocations, who live their whole lives celibate. No, they are not freaks, just normal people who have the strength and determination to keep their promises. Gary does not think Peggy has that strength of character. Fine. Gary wins either way! If Peggy does not cheat then Gary is married to a saint for the rest of his life. If Peggy becomes some guys fuck toy in space then he is shed of a shallow weak worthless spouse. That Gary does not want that test to be conducted is just too fucking bad. Just go ahead and divorce Peggy now. Then tell us who is the shallow weak faithless person in this marriage. Yeah.

\

Can't wait to see how you over complicate this simple problem. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You could probably have cut several thousand words and not impacted the story one iota.

It's an interesting plot, but God it's slow, ponderous and slightly boring.

maedhros21maedhros21about 1 year ago

So let's see ..... there are supposedly 11 chapters all finished and promised to be posted within the next few days......SO WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY?

BigfundrewBigfundrewabout 1 year ago

Good concept and story, but already, the conversation with Kathy got way too long. I found myself scanning to move to the next part of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It was nice seeing inside the character's head. A lot of stories could do with more of that. So please don't hoard all the introspection for your next chapters, please. Please.

TeggeTeggeabout 1 year ago

Top ten! A true conundrum.

DreddrasDreddrasabout 1 year ago

I really love your writing style, although, as I noted before in response to the "Happy Hollowdays" series, the dialogue is very stylized, more like theater monologue than real-life conversation. That seems to be off-putting to some of your readers, but I personally enjoy it.

I'm fairly ambivalent about the whole "woman who can't control her base urges" premise, which is something of a staple in the LW category. It's simply not very believable to me. Functional adults are perfectly capable of controlling their reproductive urges, and if we claim otherwise, we excuse all sorts of inappropriate behavior. HOWEVER, I recognize it as a necessary component of this story, and it sets up some pretty terrific emotional turmoil for the husband faced with a massive catch-22 where he loses his wife no matter what.

If forced to make a prediction, consistent with your prior writings, he will allow her to go, and will lose her, and consider his sacrifice noble, and not blame her at all. She will not suffer (other than feeling bad initially) and he will ultimately find peace, if not happiness.

mainer42mainer42about 1 year ago

your writing style is very good. This story not so much so. The husband knew of his wife's dreams and his response to the reality of it was just lame

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

All this long story is not a weak attempt to justify a cheating behavior under the excuse of the prolonged job far from home, right ? If that's the case, it doesn't need too go on for so many chapters, just the old good 750 words in 2 pages would be enough.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 1 year ago

All of this is on gart... the husband..CONSIDER 2)) FACTS.

.

1. The wife has a very high sex drive and she Openly admits that the original mission which would have required three months of separation would have been very difficult for her .

.

2. The wife was extremely reluctant to tell her husband about this because to her. The mission is more important than the risk to the marriage.

.

All of this is on gary the husband . If the husband Knows and is worried about his wife's sex drive for 6 months..... It is unreasonable for him to assume that she's going to abstain for 6 months.

.He entered into the marriage knowing that she might have to go into space for a long period of time. If she cheats with another astronaut in the space station and he finds out about it he has to make a decision period.

.

No one else .just him . Or get divorced now.

waratahwaratahabout 1 year ago

That's very repetitive and detailed.

Good story underneath I suspect but hard to read.

Normal conversation is alot more snappy and disjointed. Interupty.

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMomabout 1 year ago

WOW! What a conundrum I agree your dialogue is more suited to the theater. A very original plot/concept you raised some very good points relevant to the marriage. I can see a lot of possible end scenarios and look forward to seeing how it ends. 4/5

DakotaTRDDakotaTRDabout 1 year ago

I remember as a kid that my mom loved to watch soap operas. I'd be at home over a summer on a college break, and then be back again at the house on a Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday. The pace of those soap operas was painfully slow, lot of repetition and dialog - and not much plot movement. So slow, that often I could easily pick up the story line 4 or 5 months from where I left it upon my trip back to school. I am finding this to be an interesting story, but I also find I can catch the gist of it by reading the first and last page of your chapters (and not lose too much in the way of the plot you are developing). I lover reading long, multiple chapter stories, but frankly need more to happen in a chapter, and perhaps a bit more clarity.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 1 year ago

He really hit every conceivable eventuality. I see no flaws in his logic, she will destroy him no matter what course she takes. The only way for absolution is for her to be abstinent for 6 months which isn't that hard really, but she won't, and her husband knows it. So in essence he has already lost her. Have her served divorce papers before she even launches and ask her to ask Kathy why as she will be able to explain in unemotionally. What else could you do?

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 1 year ago

What an ego driven moron this guy is. He promotes himself as some highly intelligent "Government Planner", even says he's probably better than all the "Experts" but lacks the intellectual ability to recognise that after Challenger, astronauts will be up in space for a lot longer than 1-3 weeks. That a stint on the ISS would mean at least 3 - 6 MONTHS. Even I, a mere average person, knows this.

Then he disregards the issues that ALL astronauts face: no sex while in space. What about all the males? Plus their partners back on earth? Why does he think his and his wife's situation is any different? Granted, the situation with radiation and a woman's ability to have children, would be something that needed to be discussed. But Government astronauts are highly qualified and highly trained. All this would have been discussed. Again, even I know this, so dickhead husband would have been informed.

Then dickhead keeps going on about his wife holding things back from him. What about all the things HE is holding back from her? (His secret Govt life.) He isn't open about that at all.

No, he is a selfish, paranoid, insecure, arsehole. Only he can cover not having sex (by masturbating) but his wife is a mere woman and wouldn't be strong enough! Really?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is already way too long and there are a total of 11 chapters? Wtf?

Omegaman56Omegaman56about 1 year ago

Man. That is some deep philosophy. I would and ask for divorce. If ha has that fear. Make sure it quick so mentally she can do her job

Then mission see where it goes Bebe broke the vowels already. She didnt forsaken all others already. By her actions

ibuguseribuguserabout 1 year ago

4/5. Dialog was OK but the monolog was too much.

Good story altogether.

KaeyoKaeyoabout 1 year ago

A decent story that could have been effectively conveyed in 1/3rd the word count.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A little hard to read. Some hard decisions to come.

shopratshopratabout 1 year ago

Wow! What a great story setup. I would have exactly his fears, given her massive lie of omission. In reality, that lie would probably have caused a divorce in and of itself, so this story requires a big suspension of disbelief right at that point. So lucky me, I get to read ch 2 now , I hope it's as good as this. Nice job so far.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 1 year ago

Wow, what a great plot. This guy's wife is so horny that she can't possibly last more than 2 months before she goes crazy and start fucking the rest of the Russian astronauts. If she does, she will get pregnant, get fired, and fall in love with some Russian. Hubby might as well divorce her now since he already knows she doesn't care that much about him. I know what heartache he is talking about. I have had several very horny wives, fun for the most part, but then her desire leads her to cheat. However, since they are so Horny it tends to make them more valuable to you. So he really doesn't want to let her go. But I know he is right, she won't even talk to him when she returns. Great Heart-wrenching plot 5 stars to the Writer, thank you Great effort. thanks, Buster2U

KRD19254KRD19254about 1 year ago

This is going to be one loooong soap-opera saga. It appears he hit all the angles in Part 1, but one that Peg has sole control over =6mo of celibacy, crisis averted but will he believe her ???!#$%^.

\

ChopL I hope you can speed this up or many LW readers will drop off - as this does not appear to be a masturbation story, so their interest will wane, quickly.

\

They better not have married astronauts going to Mars [+3yr trip] or create viable human hibernation methods. But sleeping/comma for ~18mo will create significant body atrophy. Plus the solar/cosmic radiation will be much more intense causing DNA damage. Hope they never got the Covid-JAB(s) messing with their rDNA too.

\

4.75*****, Hooyah, Salutes....

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

"I will post all eleven chapters over the next few days, unless life throws another tantrum -- which is its prerogative. I hope it entertains"

Just post them all at once and stop being a God damned primadonna. If you don't then you are just lying about the story and seeking attention. Also, 11 chapters huh? Okay..... I'm not gonna read it because.. I mean really. But for everyone else, stop being a putz

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userChoppedliver@Choppedliver
I started reading on Literotica in 2013 after a small case of what was supposed to be terminal cancer. I had a lot of chemo, radiation, and surgery. Yet (obviously) here we are. My body had been though the ringer and simply didn't function in all sorts of ways. I married my hi...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES