Star Sky - Protostar

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Theia was summoned by her overseers because they want to warn her about the plans of the gods. "What is it?" Theia asks them. "There is a prophecy about an immortal who will be brought to the universe. This immortal has no parents, but a gift from unknown. The immortal child is prophesized to be the most powerful being, even more powerful than us gods. Many gods were angered by such prophecy. They sought to find the immortal and destroy the child before she could grow powerful. What shall we do, dear goddess?" Theia shakes her head in disbelief. "I see nothing wrong with that prophecy, the only thing wrong about it, is that it has placed the child's life in danger. If you find the child, get her to safety." Theia's overseers hesitate. "Why? Are you afraid that an immortal will be more powerful than us, gods?"

There is a long pause before her overseers begin reasoning out with Theia. "What if she grows out of control, and become our enemy and then... It will be our doom!" Theia smirks as she continues to hear her overseers' rants. She suddenly bursts into laughter. "Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I can't believe that you would think of something like that. Let me tell you something, if you don't get that child into safety, and that child remembers how you gods tried to destroy her, then surely the prophecy will come true. She will strive to be stronger than any of us, then she will swear for revenge! Oh, how sweet it is when that happens." Theia's overseers become quiet as they realize that she was right. "We are sorry, dear goddess, we shall obey your request. We will find that child and bring the child into safety." Theia smiles at them. "Good. Very good. If something similar comes up, I want you to do the same. No need to warn me. But alarm me when you get into trouble. I will be the one to save lives, once those gods threaten those prophesized."

Theia travels out of her realm to get some air, and as she was, Etara finds her. "Dear goddess, will you grace us, lesser prophets with your presence? There is something that we wish to tell you." Theia was at first hesitant, but because she felt that Etara was unlike the other gods, she agreed. The lesser prophets welcome Theia and prepare her food and drink. It was like a party when Theia arrives at the hall. "What is the commotion, about?" Theia asks. They all cheer Theia, call her name, and surprise her by saying, "All hail, Theia, our High Spire goddess!" The crowd's cheer gets louder and louder, urging Theia to speak.

"I do not understand. Why are you calling me a High Spire goddess when I am not?" Etara then explains, "We want you to represent us prophets. You are the Goddess of Prophecy, we would be so proud if we have a High Spire goddess with us." Theia gives them a disgruntled look. "Stop what you are doing! I can't be a High Spire goddess. Look at me? I am not powerful as those numbered gods!" But the prophets encourage Theia. "It is not written in our prophecies, but please dear goddess, try for us. We really would want a High Spire goddess on our side." Theia was hesitant, but the crowd continue to encourage her.

Etara hands Theia a bottle of their finest wine and opens it in front of her. "Please, dear goddess, celebrate with us." Theia does not want to be rude and so she accepts. The wine Etara gave Theia was powerful that she has gotten so drunk. In her drunkenness, she was convinced that being a High Spire was a good thing. The wine boosted her confidence. She danced with the crowd and they let her drank more wine.

Theia's overseers feel that she was in danger and so they went to where she was. "Where is our dear Theia?" They ask Etara but Etara does not respond. "What have you done to her?!" Theia's overseers force the door open and see that their goddess has fallen to the floor. "She has drunk much... Is this the goddess you look up to?" Etara comments. Theia's overseers were very angry. "You will pay for what you have done!"

Theia wakes up with a splitting headache. A vision of her most loyal overseer, Yneas, becomes clear. "Dear goddess, what has happened?" Theia manages to speak, but Yneas stops her as she knew something has happened with Theia. She assists Theia as Theia starts to vomit. "It seems like they have poisoned you..." Theia continues to suffer. "Not poison, I think I was drugged. I can't stop drinking. The wine was very good." As Yneas was taking care of Theia, Theia speaks to her. "What do you think of me in the High Spire?" Yneas was surprised with Theia's statement. "You are a High Spire goddess?!" Theia laughs. "Ha ha ha, no. I am just asking."

Yneas looks at Theia with sorrow. "Why do you frown?" Theia asks. "We will miss you if you become a High Spire. We won't have you around..." Theia smiles at Yneas. "Oh, come on, I will not be like those High Spires who left their worlds because they had a higher position." Yneas bows before Theia, "If you say so, dear goddess." Theia tries to cheer Yneas up. "Hey, look at me, it's alright. I am just here. I will always be with you." Yneas hesitates and Theia continues to joke just to make Yneas smile. "Dear goddess, we will uphold your word." Theia pats Yneas' shoulders. "What is this, now? I am not leaving you. But yes, please do what is right for the universe. We should be better overseers. I am thinking, perhaps being a High Spire will make a difference. Maybe those stubborn gods will listen to me and will carry out my decisions over their wanted prophecies."

Before Yneas could start an intimate talk with Theia, an overseer knocks on the door. Yneas stands to open and sees Idmir. "What is it?" Idmir looks at Theia and delivers the news. "My dear goddess, word has spread on how drunk you were; celebrating that you have become a High Spire goddess." Theia shakes her head in disbelief. "Now you see how they hate me. I can't believe the lies that they spread. I have had enough! I will knock at the High Spire and take my place. If I become one, they better be ready!" Idmir bow before Theia while Theia readies herself. "Yneas holds Theia's hand, "Please, my goddess, stay."

Theia turns to Yneas, "Why do you look so worried, Yneas? I will return." Yneas was uncomfortable with Theia's decision. Theia feels Yneas emotion and so she motions her to sit beside her. She holds Yneas' hands and tells her. "I appreciate everything that you have done for me. I will leave the realm to you. Please, guide them well while I am away." Theia gazes at Yneas' eyes and kisses her gently on the lips. "I love you, my dear. Wait for me." Yneas was frozen. She loved Theia and wanted to be with her, but they never spoke of how they felt for each other.

Theia smiles at Yneas and starts to walk away. "My goddess, I love you too." Yneas exclaims as she runs to embrace Theia. "You take care of yourself, alright?" Yneas nods. Before Theia could leave her realm, she leaves them with a message. "Always stand for the truth and stand for what is right. You may think that it is silly that what the future holds is somehow bad for most of us, but I tell you, everything happens for a purpose. Those beings exist because they are destined for something greater. Helping those who are oppressed by sculpted prophecies will go a long way, and will create a better future. That I strongly believe, and I hope that you would too. Have faith in the universe and what it gives us."

Theia's overseers listen intently to what she was saying. Idmir walks close to Yneas and comforts her. "Your lover will return for sure." Yneas blushes. "Do not worry, only us here in the realm knows." Yneas looks up to Theia while Theia searches for Yneas over the crowd. When Theia finds her, she voices out. "I will leave Yneas in charge of the realm while I am gone. I am sure that she will uphold my wishes. Please, listen to her. Listen to the one that I love." With that being said, Theia disappears. Everyone was speechless. They know that Theia loved Yneas even if she was discreet about their relationship, but this was unexpected. Idmir then tells Yneas, "Did you tell her that she can't leave the High Spires once she turns into one?" Yneas shakes her head. "Why didn't you?" Yneas bursts into tears. "She looked like she wanted to be in the High Spires, and she wanted to be one because many gods disrespected her." Idmir frowns. "She will learn things the hard way, if that is the case."

The gates open for Theia when she arrived at the High Spire. The High Spire council look at her with contempt as she was endorsed drunk in celebration that she is a High Spire goddess. Theia sighs as she knows what they were thinking. She was then ushered to the pedestal where High Spire gods are being ordained. She steps at the pedestal and takes a deep breath while she closes her eyes. The council then start the ritual. A huge pillar of light come before Theia with a strong gust of air, after which, the field darkens for a moment then air blows the darkness away. Theia was clothed as a High Spire goddess with an armband numbered two. Everyone who were watching were shocked. They all bow before Number Two, hanging their head in shame.

Theia opens her eyes and hopes that she belonged to the High Spires, and when she does, she sees that she was clothed in High Spire clothing. Her eyes water as she was filled with joy. She looks at her armband and sees that she was numbered two. Theia could not believe what she was seeing. "I can't believe this; I am close to Number One... I would have been the leader of the High Spires, if that happens, I can't return to my duties as the Goddess of Prophecy. Thank goodness for this." Theia walks out of the pedestal with her head held high. Before she could walk away, the council read before her the rules, and there she finds that she could no longer leave the High Spires.

Theia's heart was crushed as she was being ushered to her palace. After her being toured, she steps out of her palace and there she meets Athena. "Hello, new fellow High Spire, who are you at what goddess are you?" Theia was surprised as this goddess does not know her. "I am Theia, the Goddess of Prophecy. You are?" Athena smiles and answers, "I am Athena, the Goddess of Wisdom." Theia was honored as she finally meets the Goddess of Wisdom. "Wow! You are the Goddess of Wisdom?! That's great! Can we be friends?" Athena laughs, "Ha ha ha, of course, Theia, I will be your friend." Theia then invites Athena to her palace, and as they were strolling the palace gardens, Athena blurts out, "I am sorry about what they did to you, it is alright, you are with us now, they will no longer look down on you."

Theia gives Athena a confused look. "Do not pretend like you do not know. You are Number Two, you can read what they say about you." Theia sighs. "I do not wish to presume what they say and think. I want to know exactly what they are saying and thinking." Athena smiles and invites Theia to Venus' castle. "Do you drink wine, dear goddess?" Theia hesitates. "Do not worry, this wine isn't drugged. This came from the Goddess of Love, herself." Theia takes time to think about what Athena was saying. Athena was not going to have no for an answer and so she urges Theia, "I am not a leech, Goddess of Prophecy. I know that they have made you look bad, but I do not believe any of it. I have met you once, but only for a while, for you to remember me. I admire your honesty; dear goddess and I am grateful for what you are doing. Let me thank you personally for keeping the prophecies in line with the truth."

Theia knew that Athena was serious with her. "I am sorry, Goddess of Wisdom. I did not mean to be rude. I have been through a lot. I could use some wine from the Goddess of Love." Athena smiles and leads the way to Venus' castle. Athena knocks on the gates of Venus and there they patiently wait for Venus. "My, what a surprise? You brought Number Two! I am so pleased. Come, let us have some wine." Venus treated Theia with much respect and asked Athena to get some food for them.

As Athena left, Venus takes her time to speak with Theia. "I know that you are the Goddess of Prophecy, so I will be very blunt with you. When I and Athena heard that Number Two has been chosen, we immediately decided to befriend you. This is not an act, Theia, but we need each other. You see, we have an enemy here in the High Spires, and we do not want you to fall into her trap. You will soon get to know who that goddess is. Stick with us and we will watch each other's back."

Venus then opens the bottle of wine and hands a glass to the silent Theia, waiting for her to respond. Theia smiles at Venus and thanks her as she fills her glass. Theia savors the aroma. She never smelled such wine. She takes a sip where it takes her to a different dimension. Theia immediately relaxes and remembers when she was enjoying her peace at one of the air temples. "Ah, this is the life." She utters. Venus' lets Theia be and waits for Athena to arrive.

Theia decides to respond to what Venus has told her. "I am just glad that I have gods who welcomed me wholeheartedly here in the High Spires. I do not mind your intentions, but you two treating me this way is enough for me. I love the wine, by the way. This is so good!" Venus smiles at Theia then finally Athena arrives. "Here, I brought the food. So, let us celebrate, Number Two." The three had a good time. They talked about many things, including the Goddess of Time. "You should be careful when dealing with her." Athena warns. "We already had our taste of agony because of her." Venus adds. Theia continues to eat and drink while she listens to their stories on how Shamira had tricked them. "You see, now she has become Number Four, from Number Eight. Could you just imagine?"

Theia understands why Venus and Athena felt that way. Venus was number five and Athena was number seven. "She got way passed us because we failed to recognize her intentions!" The two complained. Theia waits for them to finish, and when they do, she asks them. "How do I get out of the High Spires?" Athena and Venus both nearly choked as they heard Theia's statement. "What?! Why would you want to get out of this place?" Venus asks. "I need to return to my realm and look at the prophecies. I need to govern my overseers, the other prophets, and the pretending ones." Venus sighs and tells Theia, "Haven't you heard the rules? You can't get out of this place. This is where we will stay. We do not bother ourselves with the rest." Athena was quiet as the two reason out with each other. When she had enough, she voices out.

"Venus, let Theia be." Venus then keeps quiet. Athena then tells Theia, "If you must, then we will try to cover your disappearance. You see, once the High Spire council know that you have violated the rules, you can be a candidate for demotion or even expulsion. We do not wish that to happen to you, especially that you are Number Two." Theia looks at Athena and sighs. "I guess this is a prison then. It was wrong for me to..." Venus looks at Theia with much pity. She knew that Theia had been tricked. She keeps quiet, but as the years pass, the three have been very good friends, and true enough they looked out for each other.

At Theia's realm, Idmir proposed a course of action to Yneas. "No, I can't let that be. I have promised Theia to uphold her wishes." Yneas tells Idmir. "Would you want an immortal be powerful than any of us gods?" Idmir questions Yneas. "No, but there is a reason for everything. That is what our goddess, Theia believed, and we should too." Idmir was not happy with Yneas' decision. "You leave me no choice."

"Idmir, what are you doing? No!" Yneas screams as Idmir binds her. "You will give in to what we want." Yneas was bound. They tormented her and raped her until she lost her mind. "Your goddess, Theia has left you. She broke her promise, she will never return to you." Yneas was brainwashed with the idea that has been planted to her. She gives the location of the child to the gods. And when they find the immortal, they begin to conjure magic.

Yneas' conscience could not take it. They were not in full control of her so she tries to stop them. "This is not what we talked about." The gods then conjure a black hole with much power and there they leave the child. Their goal was to let the black hole absorb everything the child has including her life. Yneas was too weak to prevent them from getting rid of the immortal. She utters a prayer for the child. "Forgive me, I am not able to protect you. I pray that the universe be kind to you and bless you."

Theia sets aside her plans of leaving the High Spire as she enjoyed her life in that place. For her, so long as her overseers do not summon her, she thought that they were handling things pretty well. But she was wrong. One night when Venus had invited Athena and Theia for a drink, the truth comes out. Athena arrives late and was flustered. "Why are you such in a bad mood?" Venus asks Athena. "I am angry. I am so angry. I do not know if I would scream or..." Theia tries to lighten the mood but Athena was inconsolable. "Those gods! They will start a war with what they did. They just threw an immortal child into a black hole and for what reason?! Because the child is prophesized to be powerful than any gods who ever lived!" Venus tries to calm Athena but Athena continues. "That is non-sense! It is a prophecy gone wrong or made wrong. That was an innocent child!"

Theia remembers the prophecy. "I know that prophecy. Why didn't my overseers send me a message?" The two looks at Theia and Venus notices that Theia has turned dark. Suddenly, Venus feels Theia's aura change into a dark element from the air element. "Have my overseers betray me?!" Theia shouts angrily. She then turns to Athena. "Can you please cover my absence, Athena. I must learn the truth!" Before Theia could leave the High Spire, Venus pulls Theia to a private place and tells her. "I am sorry but there is something that you need to know." Theia takes a breath and her dark aura dissipates. "What is it?" She asks Venus, hoping that it was good news that she was going to tell.

"Here, have a drink." Theia gives Venus a disgruntled look, but does not hesitate to consume the bottle. "Your wines are always good, Venus. Thank you. That has calmed me. You were saying..." Venus takes a breath and tells Theia. "You coming to the High Spire was not an accident. It was well planned. The gods outside the High Spire knew that you will be trapped here in the High Spire once you become one. They thought that you will forget about your duties and all those things, but we know you will not." Athena appears at the secluded place that Venus has made. "We will help you. There is a portal that we have built. You will go undetected when you use that portal, but do not take too long."

"Have you both tried to leave the High Spire?" Theia asks. Venus shakes her head while Athena nods. She then relates her story. "When I became High Spire, I was Number Four. I got demoted to Number Seven because I was enticed to leave the High Spire. I knew the rules, and yet I found a way to leave this place. I am the answer to what you need, but I do not wish you to get into trouble." Theia thanks Athena and hugs her. "This means much to me. I must know the truth, and I must save the child. What they have done will result into a catastrophe if..." Venus and Athena nods. "Go. The High Spire is asleep. Return before you are sober." Venus tells Theia and winks. "Oh, now I understand what the is wine for." Theia enters the portal while the two keep watch.

Theia was dizzy from the bottle of wine when she arrives at her realm. Idmir was loudly making love with Yneas. It was to celebrate their success in getting rid of the immortal child. Yneas was tired for it was not only Idmir who had sex with her that day. "What are you two doing?! Have you no shame?! This is a sacred hall for significant prophecies!" Theia bellows. Idmir was frozen, and so with the rest of her overseers. They did not expect Theia to return for she has gone for many years. "You traitors!" Theia shouts angrily.