Star Sky - Protostar

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The air element within Theia gets engulfed with the dark element. She was furious. In a minute she destroys her realm and severs much of her overseers. She collars Idmir. "I know what you did. I know what each of you did. You do not deserve to live!" Theia reduces Idmir into nothingness and she continues with her other overseers. Yneas sees a blurred vision of Theia, and she clearly heard Theia speak. She was ashamed of herself and what she has done. Yneas tries to speak to Theia but she was too weak. Theia had killed more than half of her overseers when she gets to Yneas.

Theia could not bring herself to hurt Yneas. Even if she had been betrayed, she could not. She loved Yneas, but not anymore. She pours her last drop of love to Yneas. It was to heal Yneas, forgive her and her remaining overseers. Yneas gets to her knees and apologizes to Theia. "My goddess, please, forgive me. I was tempted and I agreed. I do not love them; it is you whom I love." Theia laughs sarcastically at Yneas. "You do not love me, Yneas. For if you did, you could have told me not to go to the High Spire as it was a trap. I know, Yneas, I know... Look at who I have become and do not love me any longer." Theia removes her cloak and reveals her High Spire clothing. Her overseers stare at her armband and see that she is Numbered Two. They all pray for their lives as they knew she was that powerful. Theia then vanishes as she starts to become sober.

Venus signals Athena to close the portal but Athena suggests to wait for a minute. A few seconds, Theia appears with a lingering dark aura. Venus was quiet. Athena pats Theia's shoulder and offers her a bottle of wine. "A drink for your troubles." Theia gazes at Athena. Athena swallows as she was fearful of Theia's reaction. Theia starts to giggle. Then her giggle turns into a loud one. "That was satisfying." Theia tells Athena. "I killed them. I killed most of them, and it felt so damn good! Killing gods will soon become my hobby." Theia voices out clenching her fist. "Theia, snap out of it. It is the dark element in you speaking." Theia continues to laugh. "No, this is who I am. You know, Athena, I would have been a dark elemental, and surely I would have been happier. Happier killing gods!" Theia exclaims as she finishes her bottle. "Do you have more wine?" Theia asks Venus. Venus immediately hands Theia another bottle.

"What have you done to her?" Venus whispers to Athena while Athena shrugs her shoulders. "I think she has gone mad." Athena whispers back to Venus. Theia savors the drink that Venus has given her. "Ah, that feels better. Thank you for the wine. I am sane, Athena. I just want more of that." Theia looks at her hands and feels the aura that she has. "I know. I am supposed to be a dark elemental, but I chose to be an air nomad. I know how each dark elemental live, and for that I did not want it. I did not want to live in suffering. I am already looking out for the future, and then I also get to feel people's suffering." Theia leaves that message to Athena and Venus while she returns home to her palace. She sighs and decides to take a bath. Washing herself from the blood that she has splattered to herself.

"Oh Kradde..." Theia whimpers as she sulks in her bathtub. Kradde feels Theia and cradles her. "I can feel your pain, dear goddess." Theia was comforted by Kradde's presence. "I am sorry." Theia utters. "Do not regret, Theia. I am here, tell me everything." Theia's tears flow as she narrates to Kradde how angry she was with what her overseers has done. "They betrayed me. My heart is broken, Kradde." Kradde continues to be with Theia. "I have my problems too, Theia. I left the Magic Realm because I want to drown the feelings of jealousy that I have for my fellow elements. I feel like they are pushing me to the background, but it is a dangerous thought. I know that what I am feeling is not true. They all love me and respect me." Theia continues to listen to Kradde. "I am glad that you have called me dear goddess; you remembered me."

Theia gives off a breath. "Thank you for being with me, Kradde. You made me feel better. I want to ask you something, I am hard up controlling myself with this sudden change of my aura. Is there any way I can control this?" Kradde smiles at Theia and tells her the truth. "You cannot separate yourself from the dark element because your skills are all dark magic. It is hard for you to control, but for your sake, I will bless you so that you will have self-control." Theia's expression lightens. "That's the air nomad I was looking for." Kradde utters and the more Theia smiles. "Ah, thank you, really. I am grateful. I am very much grateful, Kradde."

"Keep still, Theia. This will be painful, but just follow through, and you will be alright." Theia obeys Kradde and follows his instructions. Theia feels the pain as markings become embedded in her heart. She grunts and tries to think of something else in order for her to not feel any pain, but Kradde disagrees. "Let it be, Theia. Feel the pain for there is joy in suffering." Theia obeys. She screams out and lets Kradde's energy flow through her. "Air nomad, I know that this is painful for you, but just a little more and you shall receive your blessing."

The pain was excruciating for Theia, to the point that she could no longer bear it, but she had to savor it and when she does, the dark element inside her freely flows with her chosen innate. "It is done. This time you are able to use the dark element as you please without it being jealous with your innate." Theia gives Kradde a confused look. "You got out of control because the dark element in you protests with what you have chosen for yourself. Now, they are in harmony." Theia thanks Kradde once more and Kradde does the same. Theia then finishes her bath and gets to bed, while Kradde, on the other hand, continues to wander the universe.

********

Theia's realm was devastated and her overseers who survived try to make most out of it after they have healed themselves. Yneas was speechless for days. She was depressed and out of life. Her fellow overseers bow at her and treat her just as they used to -- Theia's right hand. They all thought that Theia was going to Kill Yneas, but the fact that she didn't means that she still loves her, and that she will return. They knew that there was something different about the Goddess of Prophecy who had visited them, because the Theia they knew was an air elemental. They hoped that it was just a burst of emotion that is why she has done such.

Theia opens her eyes feeling a lot better. She knocks at Athena's castle to apologize for how she behaved last night. "Ah, that was nothing. You just had much drink." Athena tells Theia and welcomes her inside her castle. "I am serious, Athena. I am sorry for last night. I was well aware of what I was doing." Athena smiles at Theia. "Do not be so hard on yourself, Goddess of Prophecy." Theia smiles back at Athena and nods. "Let us get some air, Theia. We can have some fun while we practice magic in my garden." Theia agrees. This time, Theia notices that it was easier for her to cast the air element. When they were having a break, Theia tells Athena that she wanted to meditate for a while. Theia then prays to Kradde. "Kradde, thank you. I feel a lot better and even casting magic is better. I hope you are doing well, and I wish you the best. May you find your blessing." Kradde hears Theia and smiles. "I wish there were more beings like her." Kradde breathes and sends a surge of dark magic to Theia with a message of thanks.

Athena notices and smiles. When Theia was done, she curiously asks Theia. "I see that you have some connection with the dark element." Theia smiles at Athena. "Yes, I do. He is a good one." Athena agrees. "I have met Kradde, but he does not want me. That is why I chose another." Theia laughs. "Really, why didn't he want you?" Athena shrugs her shoulders. "I do not know, but I am happy with my current element, which is fire." The two continue to speak, when Theia asks if there is a way where she could watch the prophecies while she was on the High Spire. "I think that it is possible for you. I will study about that and get back to you if I had information."

Athena does Theia the favor and finds out that Theia could send spies. "She is Number Two. Those are the things that she is allowed to do. Only the top five gods are able to, that explains how Shamira can now send her timekeepers to do her dirty job. I used to do that and I can teach Theia." Athena thinks as she walks towards Theia's castle. Theia waves at Athena the moment she spots her. "I have good news, Goddess of Prophecy." Athena then relays to Theia what she has found and resolves to teach Theia about what she could do when she was Number Four. Theia was overjoyed as she could partly do what she used to do outside the High Spire. She asks Theia further if she could send spies. "Yes, you can. I suggest that you create your own overseers with your skills. It is assured that those overseers will remain loyal to you even if you punish them because they are part of you." Theia shakes her head in disbelief.

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha. That was a joke, Theia, please stop being so serious. It is so unlike you." Theia hesitates while Athena stresses on what Theia could do. "You have the authority to do so. You are Number Two." Theia sits and thinks about Athena's statement. "The privileges of a higher numbered goddess. That is why I advise you to keep your position. It is the powers that you have, that counts." Theia gazes at Athena as she had an idea. She then asks Athena further questions as she was still skeptic. "How did you know that?" Athena smiles at Theia and tells her. "I was Number Four. There were a lot of things I could do before I got demoted to Number Seven." Theia lowers her head and apologizes. "Oh, I am sorry. I did not mean that..." Athena taps Theia's shoulders. "It is alright. You have the reason to be untrusting after what you have been through."

The next months to almost a year, Athena spend time teaching Theia while they avoid being seen by the High Spire council and most especially, Shamira. Venus was their eye, always signaling them for any potential spy or trouble. As Theia grew knowledgeable of what she could do, the High Spire council finally notice her and honor her. They then approach her and offer her things that she could not refuse. Because of such, Athena and Venus grew jealous of her. Theia then spent more time in the High Spire council sharing them her knowledge of the prophecies. There in the High Spire council, she made some allies and Atropos was one of them.

Atropos was a dark elemental who had interest with Theia because she was amazed that Theia had dark elemental skills, and yet she was not a dark elemental. One time, Atropos invites Theia for a chat and Theia agrees. She did not want to be rude, although she was vigilant with the council. "I smell your distrust, Theia. I know you are a dark elemental inside. Us dark elementals look out for each other. What is your deal? Why do you have dark elemental skills and yet wield the air element?" Theia was comfortable with Atropos. She did not distrust her. She did not know why she could just open up to Atropos. "Perhaps she is right. It is because of the dark element within me." Theia thinks.

Theia then relates to Atropos her experience with the dark element and that he had took him to his realm. "Wow! You have met Kradde? That is great news. I did meet Kradde, but only twice or thrice and that was it. He is quite a busy element, but I am impressed with him as he personally makes himself available to us dark elementals who needed him." Theia agrees with Atropos. "Yes, indeed. I first thought that he was cold but he is very much caring and nurturing."

"I have something for you, Goddess of Prophecy. I know that you watch over prophecies, but this has been clouded from your vision." Atropos removes the cloud that the council has placed from Theia's watch. There she finally receives all the significant prophecies that has been blocked from her. "The High Spire council will not allow you to leave the High Spire, and they will not have you push through with such prophecies. I do not agree with such ways for I am a dark elemental. I want the truth even how brutal it is or even if it brings much suffering. You see, suffering is good for the universe, Theia."

Theia takes a breath as she was drained from all the visions she received. "Thank you, Atropos. I have much to do. Will you help me?" Atropos smiles at Theia and offers her hand. "Of course, come." Atropos takes Theia to a void of her own, and there she helps Theia create her overseers. "You can keep your overseers here. You will need an army of them to face those powerful gods." As Theia was making one, she curiously asks Atropos. "Do you really wish for the destruction of the universe?" Atropos gazes at Theia and answers her honestly. "No, do you?" Theia lets out a breath. "I don't, but I have no choice but to uphold the prophecy." Atropos warns Theia. "What you are feeling is wrong, Theia. Cast it away. Let the dark element in you swallow it. You must rejoice for what the prophecies will bring."

Theia concentrates and remembers how she used to look at life. Tears start to flow from her eyes and tells Atropos. "I wasn't like this, but when I was betrayed, my outlook changed. I am still in despair, Atropos." Atropos comforts Theia. "Everything will be alright, Theia." Theia nods and voices out. "Myself back before I was heartbroken would tell that there is hope for change. That god prophesized to bring destruction to the universe can do good. We should not judge that god yet, for how we treat that god will surely backfire to us." Atropos encourages Theia to continue. "If we give that god love, then she will give us love, but if we treat that god with spite because he is prophesized to bring us destruction then surely, he will give us the destruction that we deserve."

"Yes, that is good. Now your eyes are open. Prepare, Goddess of Prophecy. I will cover your absence." Theia eventually creates hundreds of overseers for several years. She was burnt out from it. Atropos visits Theia to see how she has fared. "Ah, her army is ready, but she needs to wake them and give them her command." Atropos pans the void but could not find Theia. "She must have been drained." Atropos thinks. She then concentrates to find a flicker of dark energy and there she finds Theia. She carries Theia back to the High Spire where Athena and Venus see. All the more they thought differently about Theia.

"Now that she is with a High Spire council, she has changed." Venus tells Athena and Athena agrees. "It's been years since she last visited us. She must have been very busy securing her number." The two sigh as they watch Atropos carry Theia to her palace. "We can't blame her..." Venus utters. "She has been through much pain and betrayal. She finally realizes that she can only trust herself." The two were disappointed with their friend. They then continue with their ways, but Athena decides to watch Theia's every move. "Why do you still bother to check on her?" Venus asks Athena. "We can find something to use against her when she goes against us." Athena replies. "Oh, I see. That is a good idea. I will help you then."

Theia wakes up alone in her palace, and when she did, Atropos appears before her. "Finally, you have regained consciousness. You used up most of your energy that you have almost turn into a mortal. Do you wish to take this opportunity to return to the worlds you have missed?" Theia was confused with Atropos' statement. "You can keep your energy that way, or you can ask me to bind it. Then you may leave the High Spire. If they notice, I will say that I have sent you on an official business." Theia lightens and hugs Atropos. "Really? You would do that for me?" Atropos nods. "But, use your time wisely. I just have a favor to ask, if a fraction of your power returns, port immediately to my void or to the High Spire." Theia agrees.

Atropos then asks Theia where she wanted to go first, and she thought of her realm. She hesitates but Atropos urges. "I can see where you want to go, but the pain is too much for you. You must learn to accept things as they are." Theia takes a breath and tells Atropos. "Alright. Take me to my realm." Before Atropos could port Theia to her realm, Atropos advises Theia, "Things can be difficult sometimes, but we have to take it as they come. Do not worry or stress yourself on what ifs and what can be, you will be surprised that things aren't usually as what you think." Theia nods and in an instant, Theia was at her realm. Atropos then was nowhere in sight.

"I guess I will have to do this on my own." Theia notices that her realm was rebuilt. She takes a few deep breaths as she remembered that she has put the place in ruins within a few minutes. Sterling, and an overseer who was keeping watch notices the intruder. He gets to Yneas and informs her. "There is a mortal wandering in our realm, what shall we do?" Yneas asks Sterling further questions as what he said was not possible. "A mortal? Are you sure that you saw a mortal? No mortals have set foot on this realm unless our goddess has given her permission." Sterling insists as it was the truth. "Allow me to bring the mortal to you." Yneas agrees. "Alright but do not harm the mortal."

Theia arrives to her favorite spot in her realm. It was where the largest tree is. Theia looks up to the tree and touches it. "I am sorry for what I have done. I am now here. I wonder, will you accept me?" The tree feels Theia's presence and smiles at her. Sterling watches in amazement as the mortal was interacting with Theia's sacred tree. The tree offers her branch where Theia climbs. The tree gently carries Theia to where she could get a view of her realm. "My dear goddess, this is your realm, why would I reject you?" Theia then replies. "I destroyed this place, isn't that enough reason for you to?" The tree laughs. "Ha ha ha ha ha. My dear goddess, you make me laugh." The leaves of the tree continue to fall as the tree shakes in laughter. "I missed you, Theia. Blow a wind for me."

Theia laughs with the tree. "I am sorry, but I have to live as a mortal for now, so that I can stay with you much longer." The tree understands and asks Theia how she is. "Different from how I used to." The tree could feel Theia's emotions and tells her. "There is not a day that she regrets not having to tell you the truth. She was concerned about you wanting that respect from your kind." Theia was silent. "I see everything in our realm, Theia and I can feel their emotions too. She does not love Idmir or the others that she had contact with. She was bound, drugged and forced to do things against her will. She tried to fight, Theia, but she was alone. As the years pass, her will was weakened because of their torment. She misses you, my goddess, why don't you visit her?"

Theia curls up and sobs. "I was angry. I was so angry. I could not control myself. I do not know how to speak to my people, or how they would take me. I am a mortal now; they could kill me if they want." The tree laughs once more. "If they do, my goddess, they will have to go through me." Theia smiles, "Thank you, old friend. Can I just stay here in your branches?" The tree agrees and Theia was delighted. She was still tired from creating her overseers, and she knew that she has to regain her strength in order to command them.

"I must get to the sacred hall where significant prophecies are shown. I need to see more. I know that Atropos has already showed me, but there is a reason why she took me here. There is something that she wanted to tell me, but she could not in the High Spire, and she does not want it to come from her." Theia thinks before she fell asleep. The sacred tree watches over Theia when Sterling comes forth.