All Comments on 'Stay Lady Stay'

by kinkybunny123

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
BobbyBrandtBobbyBrandtover 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing your imagination and skill.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant, feels very true to life. The uniting of lost souls, to create one fully functional family. Emotional, without meaning to be, makes one want to wish them all the best for the future! Very well written, to keep ones attention captivated. I hope you do win a prize it would be well deserved, a pleasure to have read your work!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

After getting through half a page and only being narrated to and no single piece of conversation between any characters I quickly lost interest in anything about this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

great and the good guys win.

IbeSteveIbeSteveover 1 year ago

Awesome. Loved it.

panaflorapanafloraover 1 year ago

Some feedback: "To all intense purposes" - the expression should be, "To all intents and purposes." I'm surprised your editor didn't catch this. The very detailed explanation of colic disrupted the flow of the story. I assume that readers know how to google a word (though sometimes they surprise me). I was hoping for a bit of karma for Sarah's a**hole ex-husband, but you can't have everything. Many companies train their management to look for signs of drug abuse, so it's surprising that Avery lasted as long as he did. I rated it 4 stars, more for the feeling and characterization than for some overly verbose writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice story. However, Massachusetts, my home state, is a Commonwealth___not a state.

Rusty_MRusty_Mover 1 year ago

You told a wonderful story of a simple man loving without reservation, and a young man that bore the weight of responsibility.

wwaldripwwaldripover 1 year ago

Lovely story, great for Valentines Day!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brought tears to my eyes - great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Groveling for votes with your sign off…ah, no. Don’t do that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The plot is special. The author take time to let the story build. The readers really get's to really know the characters and the story ticks all the boxes on the list of how to present a good romance. Definitely a 5. If you don't want to spend the time to let the story develop, this six pager is not for you. I thought it was no perfect length. Every paragraph had a purpose.

This story really fits the Valentine's Day contest concept. If you like it encourage others to read it and support it in the contest.

BlueFox007BlueFox007over 1 year ago

This is a wonderful story about real, flawed people with real needs who find and care for each other. Happy Valentines Day.

5 Stars.

kinkybunny123kinkybunny123over 1 year agoAuthor

panaflora---it IS intensive purposes not intenses and purposes. it's one of those screwy things in the English language like how flammable and inflammable mean the same thing. don't blame me!

kinkybunny123kinkybunny123over 1 year agoAuthor

I know Massachusetts, plus a couple of other states on the east coast are commonwealths. Not states. I've never figured out why. Are you planning to secede? I also said that this is a fictitious version of Boston. Dukin Donuts is still Dukin Donuts instead of just Dunkin...I heard they switched their name as a "rebranding" image to seem healthier maybe after 50ish years they realized they've been misspelling doughnuts....

JollyrogeringJollyrogeringover 1 year ago

Despite this being fiction, the detail indicates to me that there's some truth in it perhaps a lot of truth about the characters, the histories and the setting - no matter that a "Boston" was chosen. Your story is well told and your purpose - to show love and courage conquer evil - comes through very clearly. Your writing style is a bit choppy. As you used an editor (good idea), I venture to say that your editor allowed this style just because you were telling a 'fictional truth' = it was in you and had to come out in your own words. i have to criticize one small detail: Where Jude was a bachelor with no women hanging around him, where did that bar of rose scented soap come from?

mildcolonialboymildcolonialboyover 1 year ago

Very good and avoids some of the cliches of this type of story. The hero is an ordinary guy, not rich, super well endowed with amazing sexual stamina etc. While the villain is beaten in a fight and killed it is by her 10 year boy, not the hero! Believable characters with their flaws, doubts and all. 5 stars.

xx_dale_xxxx_dale_xxover 1 year ago

This is a good story. It is better than the ones where the character fall in love at first sight or at the first act of kindness, at least in my opinion.

A few things struck a nerve with me (just reminded me of bad/annoying memories).

1. "For all intents and purposes," but I see that already being discussed in the comments here.

2. I also hated dances at school, so I just started to skip them. Usually our classroom was escorted by the teacher to the cafeteria, but the room itself was usually dimly lit. I just ditched the dance the first chance I got. If you get caught, just claim that you were going to the bathroom.

3. What's wrong with having a very basic "place to live"? Not everyone wants their home to have "a woman's touch". Some people are very happy with just having the necessities.

PhotoMeisterPhotoMeisterover 1 year ago

Dear Author,

I believe it's neither, but rather "for all intents and purposes".

Here is a link to Merriam Webster:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/for%20all%20intents%20and%20purposes

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. I love it when the bad guy gets it in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Story but the title? What was that about?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Actually it is "intents and purposes"

des911des911over 1 year ago

Good story with a cast of normal characters. Nicely done. Thank you

clearcreekclearcreekover 1 year ago

I enjoyed the story too much to be worried about grammar. 5

Car6555Car6555over 1 year ago

At times hard to follow, but really enjoyed the story, thank you for sharing with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting. I was not a part of the in crowd in high school. I always got turned down when I asked for a date. Somewhat, like the hero, I met "her". I think is is a story about for for each of us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A story for those of us that were never part of the in group and just longed for a little love a little happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The slut Sarah was a single unemployed mother yet the whore gets pregnant again....fucking pathetic babymaker trash...now a weak wimp plays daddy

kinkybunny123kinkybunny123about 1 year agoAuthor

I think my last anon might need to read the sorry again or go back to grade school SO they can learn to read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Kinkybunny123, Boston is in MA, that would absolutely prohibit the "pawnshop" purchase of a firearm by Avery, known by Boston PD to be addicted to a controlled substance. (Federal law as well).

"Borrowed/bought a gun from one of his drug connections" would be plausible.

Plausible otherwise. Stars given.

kinkybunny123kinkybunny123about 1 year agoAuthor

come on anon, how am I supposed to know some obscure law in Massachusetts? I've learned that Dunkin Donuts is no longer Dukin Donuts...but just Dukin. How's a person supposed to know they serve donuts? (doughnuts was misspelled anyway.) Also, I've been to the USA and they have AK-47s next to kids' toys in pawn shops.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Lovely story!

wwaldripwwaldrip6 months ago

Great story, enjoyed reading it

AZPete1951AZPete19514 months ago

Excellent heart-warming story about an abused women and her children who with the help of a good-hearted friend are able to survive and then gradually overcome numerous traumas in their lives. Very well written story. I would give it more than 5 Stars if I could.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkinkybunny123@kinkybunny123
Just a woman who writes stories to add some excitement to their life. ( Practice any art, music, singing, dancing, acting, drawing, painting, sculpting, poetry, fiction, essays, reportage, no matter how well or badly, not to get money and fame, but to experience becoming, to...