Stealing My Heart Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No problem."

Taking her hand Xavier led her out of the shop. "I should be done no later than 1:30."

"Sounds good. I guess I will go back to the motel for now."

"Aren't you going to introduce us Xavier?" Eva interrupted with a grin.

"No," he answered gruffly.

"Well, I guess I will introduce myself then" Jordan said leaving Xavier's astonished as she step around him.

"I'm Jordan and I believe I saw you two the other day," she said holding out her hand to Derek.

"I'm Derek. Don't go trying to steal my wallet now" he said feigning concern before surprising her with a swift hug that earned him a low growl from Xavier.

"Well then you shouldn't make it so easy" Jordan held up his wallet twirling it between her fingers before handing it back to Derek who had an incredulous look on his face.

"I'm Tomas and you have got to teach me how to do that," Tomas gushed almost bouncing with excitement.

"Excuse them." Eva said pushing the others out of the way. "Sometimes they forget themselves. I'm Eva and it's nice to meet you. Xavier has said great things about you. "

"Really? Like what?" Jordan asked curiously looking at Xavier. She was surprised with how easily this group seemed to except her but she had only been on one date with the man. How much could he have told them?

"We have a meeting to get to," Xavier announced gently pulling Jordan back to him.

Cupping her face in his giant hands he looked into her hazel eyes "I promise I will be back as soon as possible."

Laying her hand over his Jordan sighed enjoying the simply touch. "Okay, I'll be waiting"

"I've got a great idea" Eva said. "I'm not really needed at this meeting. Why don't I take Jordan and we can get to know each other better. Then we can meet you at the conference center when you are done." Xavier glared at Eva. He just knew she was up to no good but he knew Jordan would be safer with Eva than alone back at the motel.

"That's kind of you. But I don't want to take you away from your business."

"Nonsense, I'm only here for back up" Eva said waving her hands dismissively. "You are new to the city right?," Jordan nodded. "Well, I can show you around a little bit and tell you all about Xavier. It will be fun."

"Um, I guess-"

"Perfect," Eva said grabbing the keys from Tomas.

"I guess I will see you in about an hour then." Xavier said pulling Jordan just a bit closer to brush his lip across her cheek. He considered a more passionate kiss but feared he wouldn't be able to let her go.

"Guard her with your life!" Xavier sent silently to Eva as he approached his car.

Settling into the SUV next to Jordan Eva turned to her excitedly, "I know you are going to lunch later but if you haven't gotten frozen lemonade from Mario's yet you just haven't lived!"

----------

Eva took Jordan on a quick drive around the city showing her the hot spots ending on Main Street. Main Street was peppered with all kinds of stores and was extremely busy at this time. Mario's was a sweets shop that was famous throughout the city for its frozen lemonade. After walking around a little they grabbed a lemonade and headed to the conference center. Sitting on a bench next to the entrance they continued to talk.

"You were right. This is the best" Jordan said laughing. It was amazing how fast Jordan seemed to be bonding with people in this city starting with Henry, then Xavier, and now Eva.

"I can show you all the best places to eat and where the best sales are. Stick with me." They were quite for a moment.

"So, how do you feel about Xavier?" Eva asked quietly.

"I don't know." Jordan responded hesitantly. "I mean, I like him a lot. But, everything has been moving so fast."

"Trust me," Eva said taking Jordan's hand, "I've known Xavier my whole life and he is serious about you."

"How can he? We've barely known each other a day and I can't even be sure how I feel. I've never had feelings like this before."

"Sometimes you can't question your feelings. He's a good guy. Give him a chance." Eva smiled and squeezed Jordan's hand.

"Alright. Besides, his smile is beautiful," Jordan said dreamily.

"Smile?" Eva asked incredulously. "Xavier doesn't smile."

"Of course he does!"

"Well that just goes to prove how good you are for him."

"I hope you're right."

"I am. Besides, now I can share all of his dirty secrets with someone." Laughing, the woman continued to talk becoming friends as they waited. When the door burst open Jordan jumped. A man came strutting out of the building his brown eyes scanning the area and landing on the two women chatting on the bench. Chuck was second to Alpha Dean Terrance.

"Well, hello Eva. Who's your friend?" he said openly scanning Jordan.

Eva stood, crossing her arms. "She's . . . dating Xavier" Eva said hoping to make him back off.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you," the man sneered staring at Jordan. Eva moved to stand in front of her.

"She's not interested in meeting you" Eva snapped.

Another two men came out of the building. "Chuck, stop flirting with Eva and let's go."

"Yes, Alpha. I was just introducing myself to Cambridge's new girl." Terrance stopped to face the two women.

"New girl?" Terrance asked his interest piqued. Eva stood defiantly in front of a very confused Jordan. She had a feeling something big was going on and Eva was purposefully keeping her in the dark. But sensing a somewhat malicious feeling coming from the small group she was happy to get the information at another time.

When Xavier exited the building his wolf bristled. Eva stood protectively before her as Terrance and his betas glared. He didn't like the attention the other Alpha was giving his mate. He rushed over throwing his arm around Jordan protectively he pulled her into his side and sending a silent message to his betas to be on alert.

"I guess we will see you later Terrance," he said

"Until next time," Terrance answered darkly. He gave the couple one last look before leaving with his betas. Xavier had a bad feeling but for now his mate was safe in his arms.

--------------

The feud between the Terrance and Cambridge packs had gone on for ages. While it wasn't clear what started the feud Terrance didn't have a problem perpetuating it. He hated Xavier Cambridge for embarrassing him in front of his father. When they were younger they had gotten into a fight but before their fathers could tear them apart Xavier had pinned him and nearly killed him. Dean's father never let him forget it. This was Dean's chance to get revenge.

Back in his home Terrance paced angrily. His betas looked on anxiously wondering what their Alpha had in mind while the omegas did their best to go about their business without being noticed by their snarling leader.

The Terrance pack hadn't always been such a dark place. When the former Alpha had led he had been strict and sometimes harsh but he had always made sure his pack was taken care of. When he had died there were rumors that Dean had murdered him but there was never any proof. As soon as his father was gone Dean gave up most pretenses of caring for his pack. He threatened them into submission and used their loved ones to keep them quiet. He let his betas terrorize the omegas making their lives hell.

"How could Xavier have found his mate before me!" Terrance thought furiously. Not that Terrance wanted a mate. He found most females to be useless except for using them for taking his pleasure. But the idea that Xavier might be happy grated on him.

Turning to his betas his snapped, "Where is Simon?"

"I'm here Terrance. What do you want" the shifter stepped out of the dark corner he had been leaning in.

"Don't be arrogant with me," Terrance warned. "I could still kill you." Simon was the leader of the small pack of rogue wolves that had come to the area. Simon and his group had been in the middle of attacking one of Terrance's omegas in the forest when they had been caught and brought back to Terrance.

"Yea but you need me," Simon said coolly.

It was true. None of the Alphas knew of Simon's group making it easier for Terrance to take his revenge without being caught. He used them to scout Cambridge and Carson lands without drawing attention to the Terrance pack. And as of now it was working. The other Alphas were convinced that the rogues were on their own. But Terrance had plans. He was going to take the Cambridge lands if it was that last thing he did.

"I have another assignment for your team"

"What might that be?"

"The Cambridge Alpha might have found his mate. She's a human named Jordan. I want you to find her and watch her,"

"Just watch. There are some many delicious things I could do to a bitch" he growled licking his lips, "and you just want us to watch her?"

Terrance whirled on Simon grabbing him by the throat eyes blazing, "You will do as I say! I have plans and you will not ruin them" Terrance viciously shook Simon before throwing him to the ground. His muscles bunching in fury Terrance turned and smashed his fist into the wall behind him barely missing the omega standing there. The omega squeaked in fright before sliding down to the floor, plaster sprinkling down on him as the betas laughed.

Simon stood doing his best to look unfazed when Terrance turned back on him. "How am I supposed to find the human anyway?"

"Watch their Alpha. He will lead you to her. I'm sure of it" Terrance growled. Simon nodded and strolled out of the hall. He hated this Alpha but he promised him a place of power when the job was complete instead of killing him when they got caught on his lands. Simon had already lost one of his wolves to the Cambridge pack and he was not happy about it. He would play along for now. Signaling to two of his men Marco and Case they came running to join him.

"We have a job. Let's go!" Without a word the two followed their leader.

Terrance continued his pacing. "Soon," he mumbled to himself with and evil grin. "Soon, I will have my land and tear Xavier's throat out as he begs in the dirt!"

"A . . . Alpha," a trembling voice called from the floor where he had left him covered in bits of wall plaster.

"What,"

"There . . . there is a woman in the foyer w . . .wishing to speak with you. She says she's from the Cambridge pack. Glaring at the shaking omega Terrance stormed out into the foyer. In the foyer was a leggy blonde. She wore a short red dress with black pumps. The flimsy material clung to her curves. She was dressed to kill. Terrance and his betas stopped and gazed in awe of the tempting woman before them. Her icy blue eyes trailed over the betas and stopped on Terrance. Slowly, swaying her hips, she sauntered up to Terrance. Stopping in front of him she brushed her long golden hair back to reveal her ample cleavage and her long neck. She reveled in the power she held over these men.

"Now you are an Alpha" she whispered to Terrance making him puff out his chest with pride.

"What can I do for you" he leered openly staring down her dress.

"My name is Delia and I was hoping there was something I could do for you." Delia licked her lips drawing Terrance's eyes to her red mouth and running her hands up his arms to encircle his neck. Pressing her body to his she was thrilled when she felt Terrance's erection throbbing against her. She didn't know why she hadn't tried this before. Terrance would be easier than Xavier.

"I'm sure you can," Terrance smirked pulling her closer.

_______

12