Still Waters Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Bertha wiped the tear away, she stared out of the window. " Before leaving, I would exact revenge for the death of my child. Monsieur grew older and I was selected to care for him. Each night as I fed him, I put a root in his porridge. He grew sicker and sicker. His wife did not complain for she hated him almost as much as we did. The doctors came, but I was careful, and they never suspected a thing. He was so close to death when his nephew came to take over the plantation. Bartholomew Beauregard was his name. They called him BB. The Missus despised him and when Monsieur passed, she knew she had to escape. One night, I was prepping the bed for Missus, BB snuck into her room. He attacked her and I stopped him from forcing her. Of course I needed to be punished, so one day he threw me in back of the wagon and took me off. He and his friends planned to use me and leave me for dead. I no longer cared, for I welcomed death. The men beat me. They left me shackled and the iron cut my skin so deep. I refused to cry out as one of them violated my body. He choked me when suddenly, something snatched him off of me.

It was Alphonso. Years before, he had escaped and we thought we'd never see him again. Alphonso killed BB and I ran with him. He brought me to his pack and for the first time I was safe. Alphonso saved my life. Symeon was there and eventually I became a Were."

Bertha faced Tasha. "My story is not that pretty, or simple. Many more things happened once I relocated to Jackson that shaped me into the woman I have become. I won't apologize for any of it. You want to know about my relationship with Symeon. It is not as simple as choosing a new mate, because history often taints reality."

Tasha was stunned. She's heard stories and the viciousness of the slavers never surprised her.

"Wow, Bertha, I'm stunned. Your story is so amazing. The things you went through. I would never..." Tasha hugged her. "Thank you for telling me. Thank you for becoming a member of Jackson."

Bertha returned her embrace. "It's life. You live, learn, and grow. However, I'm not blind, I know Simon is one good looking specimen."

Tasha and Bertha laughed. Tasha had so many questions, but now was not the time to ask. She had gained so much information so far that she needed time to process it. "Madam Alpha, if that's all, I need to report in." Bertha added.

Tasha smiled, "I'm done for now, but you must come back and share more stories with me, with the pack." Bertha smiled a nodded. It was time, the younger generation needed to know where they came from. It was time that she told the story of the Loba Solitaria!

*******

Evangeline was ready to return to Jackson. However, something was not right. Evangeline had an astute eye when it came to troubles. Tia was hiding something from them. Evangeline decided that she would get to the root of the problem and if needed she's alert Declan.

"Good morning, Momma Tia, I'm worried about you? What is going on? You've been acting different lately." Evangeline asked. She watched Tia carefully for any tell-tell signs that all was not well.

Tia smiled. "I am fine. I just miss Dallas and was worried about Deacon. But guess what, Dallas called and Olivia is coming with them to visit Wildwood when they return. So, I finally get to meet her."

Evangeline took a deep breath. "Do you hate her?"

"Evangeline, no, she's young and she panicked." Tia sighed. "We've all made rash decision at least once in our lives."

Evangeline nodded. She was right; her meeting and spending time with Declan was probably the only time she went against her parents' wishes. Now she had to go home to help her mother. Although she'd only been gone a few a short while, it seemed like much more time had passed.

"Stop worrying. Now, I want you to remember that Wildwood is your home too. I know you are a part of Jackson, but you can come home at any time. Ok." Tia added, hugging Evangeline tightly. She was amazed at how much Evangeline had come out of her shell. Gone was the girl who never liked to be touched and now she was a woman unafraid to show her emotions. Tia wanted to meet Bertha. Her mother Bertha had raised Evangeline to be an amazing and strong young woman.

Evangeline smiled. "I know something is going on. You see when Momma and Daddy had problems; they had a way about them. The others didn't see it, but I saw everything. I won't pry, but if you need me, I'm here."

Tia smiled. She fought back tears. Her new daughter was so special, so loving, and she was perfect for their family. But her mother needed her at Jackson, and she would not allow her to postpone going home to check on her. "Evangeline, thank you, but I can handle things here. Besides, it's work. Unless you plan to come and smack every nurse that gives me a rough time, then there is not much you can do." Tia added with a chuckle.

Evangeline smiled, "OK, I'll let you handle it, but remember, I've got your back." Tia hugged her new daughter. She thanked Luna for bringing such a special girl to her family.

"Anyway, you and Declan have a long trip ahead. I wish you would take the plane. It's such a long drive and I worry." Tia added.

Evangeline sighed. "We'll be fine. It'll only take a few hours to get home. Besides, by driving we can stop as often as we need too." She blushed and Tia loved it.

"Mom, 'Vange, hey!" Declan called as he entered. He and Evangeline were headed out after lunch and he wanted to spend a few minutes with his Mom. He'd hate to miss seeing his brother and Dad, but they'd have another chance to catch up later.

Tia smiled. Her son was happily mated and this mate had stolen her heart. She hated to see them leave. Yet, in a few days, Deacon and Dallas would be home. Olivia was accompanying them, and she'd get to meet the mother of her first grandchild. She sighed. She hoped this situation at work would hurry up and resolve itself. Madam Alpha Reina told her that they would make certain the harassment stopped.

******

Rebecca Raymond sat in her sparse living room. Hate and anger boiled in her soul. That Mexican bitch thinks she can fire me. I'm American. I'm a decent woman. They always look out for them, but what about decent working white folk. I worked hard to take care of the ones that deserved to live. Those niggers and wetbacks didn't need my help. The world is better off with them being dead. But she fires me because some nigger bitch and her nigger lover husband complained. I'm gonna make that whore suffer. Her doorbell rang.

Rebecca was expecting her friends and opened the door without checking. That was a huge mistake on her part. Levin and Lakota decided to visit the disgruntled woman in person. Years ago, they promised Margaret, Lakota's wife that her family would be safe and they intended to keep that promise.

"Rebecca Raymond, may we come in?" Lakota asked.

"Hell no, get away from my house. My husband will hunt you down and blow your damn head off." Rebecca spewed, furious that this Indian had the nerve to come to her house and demand entry.

Levin spoke, "Call him, and you both can go to jail together." The way this woman lived was pathetic. For a moment, they felt pity for herm then she spoke. Levin was shocked by her vile speech. Her hatred of Tia and other people of color was inhumane. He and Lakota shared a look. "You won't bother Tia again. I'll tell you why. You and your pathetic husband have decided to move. Your relatives in Alabama will take you in. You can no longer work in health care because of your disability, but since you retired, you'll receive a nice pension that can more than provide for you and your pathetic mate. Now, if I hear of you so much as giving a sick person an aspirin, your pension dries up. "

Lakota spoke. "You know who we are and you know what we can do. I want you gone by the weekend. If you are still here, you will find yourself and that husband of yours living with those that you despise so much. Now Mrs. Raymond, you need to pack. You have three days to leave." The men stood and walked away. Lakota turned. "On Friday, a truck will be here to take you wherever you want to go. Oh, and Mrs. Raymond, I suggest you take advantage of this opportunity, because if you try me, it will be your last." Then they walked out.

Rebecca was terrified. She and Harry had to go. Lakota Gaines was evil and if Tia was messing around with him, then she was more evil than Rebecca thought. Harry came home to find boxes all over the front of the house. Rebecca seemed terrified. "Gal, what's wrong with you?" He demanded.

""We gotta go Harry. Maybelle gone let us stay with her 'til we get a place. We're leaving now." Rebecca explained. Harry sat down and watched television.

*****

Olivia packed. She was nervous, but excited. She and Deacon were going to Wildwood. She'd meet his mother. She feared that she may not like her, but once she got to know her, then maybe things would work out.

Someone knocked. "Come in.

Lavinia entered. I thought you might need help packing for your trip." Lavinia explained.

Olivia smiled, "I do thanks momma."

"She will love you. Don't worry so much." Lavinia added knowing Olivia was nervous.

"Momma, I want to see where my baby comes from. I know I'm not what deacon really wants and I don't have the right to claim him, but I do believe he will be a great dad, and we can work something out where Denver is concerned."

"Denver? You have a name already?" Lavinia asked.

"That's what Deacon calls him. Denver." Olivia sighed. "Momma, what if ..."

"Listen, things will find a way to work out. They always do." Lavinia hugged her daughter then laughed, "Now stop worrying and get ready to have some fun."

******

I hope you enjoyed chapter 9 and was able to follow along easily. I apologize for any errors, but this is something I do for me. I'm finding my way back, and I want to thank you all for simply sticking with me. Chapter 10 will be written when inspiration hits me.

Please remember to vote and share your thoughts.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers
12