All Comments on 'Story Card Update on New Stories Page'

by Literotica

Sort by:
  • 118 Comments
29wordsforsnow29wordsforsnow5 months ago

After reviewing the look on a widescreen, I'd prefer Version 2, even though I would like to have the author, category, and date more separated, either my a larger space or a special character like '|'.

By the way: in all the niche categories of poetry and artworks the New Story Section in the beta mode has come up with a "No Stories Found" for several weeks now, although new works have been posted.

More by the way: The Explore menu in the beta page look; Poetry links to the "old" hub page.

ManuManu5 months ago

@29wordsforsnow Thank you for the feedback! We're working on the issue you reported with the BETA Poetry Category Hubs now.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I liked it better when the catagories were on the right side to see easier what i want

FrozenAndartaFrozenAndarta5 months ago

I was just getting used to version 1, but I'm liking version 2 a bit more.

The one thing I would appreciate is a difference in shade between an unfollowed link and a followed link. This was very useful for scanning and seeing which ones I had tried.

Riddle1Riddle15 months ago
Version 1 is best

Version 1 is best

DuleighDuleigh5 months ago

Version 1 - it makes better use of the real estate and makes it easier to see.

SkipjackingSkipjacking5 months ago

Using 32in HD monitor and I liek version 1 the best

RABSTARABSTA5 months ago

If I can't get version 1, I will delete the Literotica bookmark and quit reading anything from the site. It is just not worth the hassle to use version 2.

dlj403dlj4035 months ago

#2, and thank you! Something I'd love to see would be the actual rating # like it is in the story category or tag pages.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Version 1 is the best. You can quickly find your favourite genres.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

On iPad portrait mode and it defaults to v2 which is hard to immediately see the category cos it gets mushed up with the author. So the mobile experience is not unnoticeable in all cases.

Had only just got used to v1 when it suddenly appeared and at first was a bit of a jar, but soon got used to it until today where it looks like the formatting is skewy but then found this post.

donner60donner605 months ago

Version 1 separates the author from the category…..like it better. Thanks

woodrangewoodrange5 months ago

i find both versions alright but prefer version 1

DCCoffeemanDCCoffeeman5 months ago

I prefer version 1. It’s easier to see the various categories.

PeperePepere5 months ago

Please stay with Version 1, The other has text that is way too small for the genre and date.

lddebatelddebate5 months ago

I prefer version 1 since it's easier to distinguish the author and category information.

On a side note, I prefer the previous version of the https://www.literotica.com/stories/ page. The new version of the page feels more cluttered than the older version. It also doesn't have a button that goes directly to a subscriber's "My Home" page.

Arc2456Arc24565 months ago

I prefer number 1, the second option is too hard to look at on a wide screen.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

First, what happened to the app for mobile users? It seems like using an app or an m. version of the web site would benefit mobile users without punishing desktop users.

Second, why not set a max width on that element in Version 1 to keep the information more closely associated? There's no need to stretch across the whole page if you just end up with a bunch of white space between the related elements. Force the white space outside the data box.

Going with Version 1 with a max width to keep it readable would also allow you to add the rating to the right of the title.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

version 1

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Version2 !

OdonOdon5 months ago

I read the site on a desktop and prefer Version 1 because there are several categories I prefer to skip and that version makes it easier to identify the story category.

dys_xelicdys_xelic5 months ago

I really hate version 2. The scores are not showing, and the category is almost hidden on the left. With version 1 is much easier to check category and scores.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I strongly prefer version 1 because it is much easier to find stories in the genres I like and skip the ones I don’t

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

version 1 please. I use both wide screen (desk top) and narrow screen ( phone) much

prefer V1 easy to pick up the category in this version

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Version 1 is far easier to navigate to stories of interest

intim8intim85 months ago

Your side by side examples make me think that a two column layout using version 1 might be the ideal for wider screens.

The biggest thing I'd like to see on story cards anywhere they appear (new stories, category pages, etc) is the word or page count. It would really help in deciding what to read given available time, energy, and mood.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Version 2

lewdLeonlewdLeon5 months ago

version1 is more organized

vitochivitochi5 months ago

Ver 2. Pls also add rating number. It’s a very helpful metric.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

version 1

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Version 1, as the category is more distinct.

jth215-2jth215-25 months ago

I agree also, I prefer Version 1. Great work and all the best in the New Year. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Version 1 is a better compromise for me and most of my viewing is iPad. Two othe comments not really related to the versions. The new stories page is very bright. I read the story pages in dark mode, then return to the new stories page, which lights up the whole room, before selecting a story and going back to dark mode. The other issue with my style of use is that going back to the new stories page to select my next story takes me to the page I was on, not the content. As Lit has added more stories in the interim, I now have to scan through until I , hopefully, find the story I just read, before moving to my next read. It would be brilliant to always return to the story I’ve just read on the new stories page, and not to the page number. Regards Headitor.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I am happy with both but marginally prefer Version 1, with one request that if possible you add the rating somewhere.

YortbigYortbig5 months ago

Version 1 is better for me. Please change the headers or links that lead to a story to change color. That way when we come back later we can see the stories that we've read. Please.

SlofredSlofred5 months ago

As I tend to use a larger font on my desk top, LEAN BACK IN THE CHARI AND RELAX. I appreciate the effort to tighten up the page and loose the wide unused spaces in the middle. THANK YOU 5 stars for the new layout format.

LuckyLucky5 months ago

Thank you for asking! We both definitely prefer "Version 1." (We also assume the Version 2 page is just a mock up since it is missing import features on the original page, such as rating info and the "Sort by" function, etc.)

We have no trouble scrolling on our wide screen monitor, but we also typically have the browser set at at about half screen width rather than across the full screen. That actually works better for us on this site in particular since at full width so much of the page is "white space" (really pale blue space) anyway.

We both like easily see what the category is, and sometimes the date, while scanning down the page so that we can skip stories in categories we do not like (you know how you are...). The new format makes that much more difficult and that's annoying.

Since others have used this space to ask for additional site refinements, we'd like to add that the "Sort by" feature would be most welcome on the Submissions page for each author. Among other things, we'd REALLY like to be able to sort by Date so we can look for new submissions since the last time we perused their page, which is often after the N marker has expired.

Thanks!!

Rickman48Rickman485 months ago

I’d prefer version 1

MigbirdMigbird5 months ago

As I use “landscape” view on my iPad, like Version 2 — all information readily available, tightly packed. Version 1 had my eyes going back and forth. Thanks for asking.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBF5 months ago

Definitely the new version 2.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I prefer version 1.

AlWissardAlWissard5 months ago

The screenshots are not helpful as they have been taken with small screen width.

V2 is better on a tablet - even an iPad mini.

You could add an „open in new tab“ icon near the bookmark icon as a nice comfort feature. I always open in new tab to preserve my place in the list and using the browser functionality on phone or tablet ist cumbersome.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Version 1 because I can easily and quickly scan the date and find the categories I wish to read. If the separation from the author name is a problem for some readers, maybe right justify the authors name as well. For example:

KALI CH. 5 - FREEDOM Silkstockinglover

A man on a dig discovers more than he Sci-Fi & Fantasy

bargained for 12/28/2023

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Version 2 for a widescreen. I like the look of the version 1 demo, but it does not look like that when displayed on my laptop screen!

IEnjoyEroticaIEnjoyErotica5 months ago

Another vote for version 1. Thanks for asking.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

V1 & add rating

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nice improvement since I read Literotica stories on a wide screen. One more thing I'd like to see is the length of the story. Some stories interest me but if I have limited time to read them it would be nice to know the length before I actually access them and have to go back to the stories page.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19555 months ago

I mostly read these stories on an iPad Pro. I personally liked it when the date and category were aligned right. It made it easier to scroll to a story in a category I liked. The way it is today makes it more complicated to have to look in a jumble of words to see what category a story is in. This isn’t bad when you are in a specific category, but, when you’re in New Stories, it makes it just a little more annoying.

justj911justj9115 months ago

Version 1 is better for me since I always use my computer! When scanning for an interesting story a loose format with some space in the elements of the description make it a faster, more pleasant experience. If I have to struggle to find the information I need to make a decision I will tend to spend less time looking and move on to my bookmarks for other reading.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I much prefer Version 1, because I can more easily look for my favorite categories.

MistermikeyMistermikey5 months ago

Version 1. Even better would be a banner at the top of the page, with check boxes to select one's categories of interest and filter out those categories I may not care for. Great work, I've been a Lit reader since the very early days!

PappasleazePappasleaze5 months ago

I vote for version 1 as well. To me version 2 was not user friendly at all. I felt like I had gone to work rather then just a relaxing read.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I use a wide screen device and I prefer version 1 (with all its previous behavior) on that device.

I would not object to offering both as options.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Find that version 1 is a wonderful update. Enjoy the clarity. Thanks for inviting our feedback.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Version 1, absolutely

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

v2 or the story card right after the titel, date of posting is less important, usually look at the story card first then titel when looking for a story to read

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I prefer the older version. When I read a story now on my iPhone and then go back to the main page it takes me to the top of the list instead of where I was. It’s kind of frustrating.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

version 1 for sure

piedadpiedad5 months ago

I like version 2 better

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Version 1 - prefer the Category separated

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I perfer version 1 as I read on a wide screen device. Thanks for all the great stories you have shared over the years.

ManuManu5 months ago

@Mistermikey Thank you very much for sticking around through all of the changes. We plan to add more customization once we get the full new design rolled out! Happy Holidays.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Version 1 and add rating. Size would also be helpful. If Version2 becomes the norm still adding rating and size would be appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I read primarily on a Android pad and personally prefer Version 1 which is much easier to check the categories for my preferred reads.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

As mentioned before, I like having the category separate from the title/description.

Not a fan of the new format-

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I would like to see the rating, date and category displayed separately. I look at all of these when selecting a story to read.

Version 1 to better in my opinion, but please add the rating

rcaf57rcaf575 months ago

I'm not very impressed with it, version 2. I would rather use version 1 as it is easier to see the date and catagory.

georgekentLgeorgekentL5 months ago

Version 1 for me

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I prefer version 1 as it clearly designates the category and date. Version 2 is harder to read.

SJADanteSJADante5 months ago

Version 1 is more easily (and quickly) processed. In version 2 the info is a little more crowded. I prefer 1

NipSC4328NipSC43285 months ago

Version 1 is much easier to navigate.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I prefer 1

bijouxindiscretsbijouxindiscrets5 months ago

Version 1. Reason: it’s easier to identify the category of the stories

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Strongly prefer number 2. I use a small tablet, and the layout of #1 does not lend it self to easily scrolling without inadvertently selecting a link. For those of us with fat fingers, layout number 2 gives some clear free space on the right to scroll without inadvertently selecting a link that was unintended

Raja1938Raja19385 months ago

I use a wide screen and prefer version 2. I only want for stories in specific categories, so it lets me easily spot those. Would be nice if we could customize which categories show up in the new stories view.

juanwildonejuanwildone5 months ago

V2…definitely. I do my reading on an iPad, and am a confessed “red flag reader snob”

Additionally. I really appreciate the way you’ve added the “series info” link.

Finally, if it was possible to sort an authors stories according to posting date, that would be great…usually, when I find an author I haven’t read before (or even ones I have!) I like to read their oldest posting first — just saying.

DDRaptorDDRaptor5 months ago

Version 2 is MUCH better on a laptop screen. Thanks for changing it!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I really don’t like the way you’ve tucked the category info in... since the site loads by date that info could be tucked in and it wouldn’t really matter but as far as users go, I’m sure there are categories people gravitate to when viewing the site and making the dig for it is counterproductive and bad interface design.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Prefer version 1. Find version 2 to be a pain in the ass. Version 1 allows a quicker survey of the catergories.

AlWissardAlWissard5 months ago

Looks like there are 2 camps regarding the layout:

Camp A prefers visual clarity, which is supported by version 1. Seems to be OK withstanding to the right side for more info.

Camp B prefers speed when scanning the list. Seems to be OK picking out individual information, if they can keep their eyes on theft side of the list. Version 2 is their preference.

Maybe both camps can accept version 1, if the list had a limited width providing visual separation but keeping it tight enough so that the eye does not have to move horizontally.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I prefer the original version (version1?) because it makes it easier for me to eyeball the story description to decide if I want to open it or not.

jcgolfjcgolf5 months ago

I much prefer version 1. It is a lot easier to browse categories and dates. Version 2 shoves that all together and it is cumbersome to follow

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Version 1 as it's a lot easier to read.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It looks like each line gets smaller. The default font for the last line is so small it's hard to read the author, category, and date info. Each line should be the same point size.

sparxridersparxrider5 months ago

Version 1, the story categories stand out much better on my screen, it makes it easy to quickly scan for topics I prefer.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

V1

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Strongly prefer version 1 on both types of devices. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I like version 1 better

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

V2

jabber63jabber635 months ago

this version for PC alot better then the other one from a few days ago

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLiterotica@Literotica
Hello world! The 2024 Literotica Special Contests Schedule is here: https://forum.literotica.com/threads/author-organized-challenge-list-2024-updated-jan-23.1601234/ The 2024 Literotica Author-Organized Challenge List is here: https://forum.literotica.com/threads/author-orga...