Strange wonderful things do happen

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She said, "That? It doesn't sound like her at all." Her disbelief seemed to deepen as she stood staring back at me. "Are you sure she said that?"

"More or less." I replied, thinking I shouldn't have said that.

Before I could add to it. She turned and walked into her office. Closing the door as she walked in.

Over the last few weeks, Kiara invited me in towards the end of the day to go over proceedings. It didn't happen that day. It was six thirty when I knocked on her door. Walking in I found her reclining back behind her desk staring out the window.

Yeah, if it was my office, I would do the same. The view was epic. "Are you okay?" I asked.

She turned slowly, I could see the tension, the worry. "Yes, I am fine. Merely trying to figure things out."

"Daley..."

She nodded. "Yes, Daley. If she had come to me sooner, I would have taken her back in a heartbeat. Now, I have had time to think, and the pain evaporated quickly. I am not sure I miss her."

"Kiara, this is none of my business, but. The night she broke up with you. I saw that pain, I know you've tried to suppress it, but maybe a meeting would give you a chance to say some of the things to her that you said to me. It might give you closure."

"That it would, but seeing her again..."

"Surely that would happen anyway. You must have shared friends?"

"Yes, eventually. Once business settles down and I start socialising again. We will definitely bump intro each other. No escaping that."

"Kiara, you were best friends, do you want to lose that? You still have feelings for her. I can see it. Look how much thinking about her has affected you... Talk to her, even if it's just to say goodbye."

"Goodbye sounds good." She giggled mischievously. "Thank you, Andrea." As her eyes burned into mine, she asked. "Have you eaten?"

"I was coming in to say I was about to leave."

"Come to dinner with me. I could use company tonight."

Smiling warmly, her invitation caused my tummy to tingle. "I'd love to. I'll get my coat and bag."

We chatted about our days, but slowly the conversation drifted back to Daley. "I hope you are right, Andrea. I feel like I am over Daley, I cleared her from my mind."

"No, you didn't, C'mon Kiara. I saw that look on your face when I mentioned her name. No way are you over her."

"Damn you are a meddling bitch."

I giggled, that was the first time she referred to me intimately. "Look who's talking... The biggest bitch of all."

She smirked at my response, her eyes narrowing. "I am confused, I thought I was over her. Gee, I only threw the last of her personal belongings out."

"Ouch, that might hurt. Anything she would have wanted?"

"No, she has been back several times... Always when I am at work. Never when I was there."

"She must've been hurting. Unable to face you. C'mon, Kiara, she clearly misses you. You must be feeling it, like horny."

"Sex... Are you crazy? I have toys."

"So do I, but you must miss the human connection. The kisses, falling asleep in somebody's arms. Waking up and sharing a wake up kiss. That's what I miss."

She sighed before sniggering. "Who knew you were such a romantic."

"Like I know, right? C'mon, babe, don't bullshit me."

"No, I am human. I miss all of those things, I like romance, but can you go back?"

"Course you can. C'mon, girl. How long did you live together?"

"Three years."

"You can do it, babe." Dinner was nice and we continued to dig deeper.

"What about you, Andrea? Lately you have worked your cute little butt off. You cannot tell me you have been dating."

"Nah, no dating. Shit, I haven't even seen the girls for months. They said they were gonna cancel my team card."

She smirked sexily, her little pout giving away her concern. "You realise I don't expect you to work the hours you have been recently."

I nodded knowingly. "Yeah, I got that, but I love working with you. Lately, it's been so much fun. I love that you have included me, piled on the responsibility. I feel like I have grown into it."

"You have done much more than that, but you have to create a work life balance."

"Oh my god. You're gonna lecture me on balance. Fucking hell, babe."

She smiled, and I went all squishy. I adored her smile. She could be so focused on work. Smiles were few and far between. "Gee, you've got a sexy smile," I said anxiously.

She didn't reply, but I noticed her cute blush. Those bloody butterflies fluttered insanely. She had that weird affect on me. I couldn't stop thinking about what it would feel like to kiss those succulent lips. Shit, I had to shake my head, stop those thoughts. She was my boss. Plus she had to be fifteen years older than me.

It didn't stop my obsession... I had to admit it. I was infatuated with her. I did like the job, but the reason I worked late was to be with her. It was my favourite part of my day, just the two of us working closely.

I sorta kicked myself. Here I was trying to put her and Daley back together, when what I had been waiting for was for her to grab me... Kiss me... Hold me in her arms... Make love to me...

Yeah, colour me putrid idiot yellow...

Kiara.. She was the centre of my dreamy nights. How many times I had polished my little bean dreaming of her sweet kiss. Her beautiful body in my arms.

I was already moist and sticky, my little kitty open and swollen to the touch.

My legs fell open, my finger furiously caressing my lit. As my orgasm rushed towards me, I let my other hands stop pinching and tweaking my nipples to delve into my creamy kitty. My vagina wantonly sucking them deep into my depths.

The contractions started quickly, the convulsions clasping frantically. My cum so powerful, I thought I would black out.

All morning I chewed away at my nails. Kiara came in that morning looking sensational. Her pants suit gone, those gorgeous sexy legs were on display beneath her pencil-line navy pinstripe skirt, the slit going mid thigh.

"Bloody hell, Kiara, you've gone all out today. Don't try to bullshit me. You want her back."

"That's what you think. This isn't for her."

"Oh bullshit..."

"Hey, she is not the only one who likes to look at my legs."

"True that, but I don't believe you."

She turned and walked into her office, sexy butt cheeks gyrating sexily, my mouth watering at such poetic motion.

By the time Daley turned up, my nails were down to the knuckle and looked horrible.

I stood and greeted her with a cheek kiss and embrace. "Go on in. Kiara's waiting for you already."

"Thanks."

The doors closed and my heart sank, the gurgling dying remnants of hope drowning in tears. At my desk, I took calls, answered emails, and all the while, my eyes stayed focused on that bloody office door. Were they talking, hugging? God, were they kissing? That one hurt, those should have been my kisses.

When my phone buzzed, I noticed Kiara's number. "Andrea, could you bring us in coffee please. Latte for me, and cappuccino for Daley."

"Um, I thought you'd be going out for lunch?"

"We will, but later. Oh, by the way. Could you cancel my one thirty meeting with Naylors please?"

"No worries, I can do that."

When I walked in, Kiara and Daley were seated side by side on the leather chesterfield. I noticed with an ironic sadness that Daley's hand was clasped in both Kiara's.

I set the tray down in front of them, Kiara acknowledging me with a smile and a mouthed, but unspoken, "Thank you."

Daley glanced up, her eyes bright, her face soft.

I closed the door, my heart pounding. Back at my desk I had to squeeze my legs together, that warm lubricious gooey feeling wouldn't go away. I squeezed again, enjoying the liquid slickness, the sticky cotton tacky with desire.

I tried to concentrate, but honestly, I just couldn't stop staring at Kiara's door. People came and went, the phone distracted me, but all I could do was stare.

Finally it opened, and they walked out. Daley glanced at me, her eyes now full of hope. Kiara smiled warmly. "I'm going to lunch. I will try to be back for my three O'clock."

"No probs, boss. I can probably manage if you get delayed."

"Thank you, Andrea, I will try to get back. You are up to speed on the proposal if I am running late."

"Yeah, I'm on it. Don't worry, you can rely on me."

It was bittersweet. I loved seeing the little rays of joy. I simply wished it was me. It sounds mean, but what can I say?

Kiara walked in about five that evening. She looked elated, her cheeks were full of colour, her smile wide and inviting. "Well, look who finally showed up," I said teasingly.

She pouted, her lower lip stuck out. "Don't be like that. It was your blasted idea."

"It went well then?"

"Very, you were right. I missed her. We're catching up later."

"Then go home. Everything's covered. The three O'clock went well. They signed, by the way. We now have a new client."

"Really? Perhaps I should leave the office more often. Well done, Andrea. I wasn't expecting them to sign today. More a Q&A session. I am very pleased."

"Good, then go home. Enjoy your night, although I might be after details tomorrow."

"Cheeky little devil. Details indeed." She walked into her office, leaving the door open. Before I could get up and go in, she was already walking out, her briefcase and purse in hand.

"Don't stay too late, Andrea."

"I'm just finishing up as we speak."

Finishing early for a change gave me a chance to catch up with the girls. I called Gloria. "Whatcha doing, babe?"

"Not much, it's Thursday. Probably just watch TV or something."

"Bugger, I was hoping you might be up for a drink."

"Oh, no way. You haven't been around for months. You ring out of the blue and I'm supposed to drop everything?"

"What were you going to drop, TV? I was going to offer to pay."

"You, pay... Oh hell. I'm in then, girl. Shoulda led with that."

I laughed. "Yeah, probably. We could meet at the Governors Arms. Have dinner, a few drinks and catch up."

"Sounds sweet, I am in. Meet you there in thirty."

She looked delicious, strolling in like she was Queen of the world. We kissed lightly, our bodies caressing. "So where the hell have you been, my little ray of sunshine?"

"Work."

"What... Not every bloody night."

I nodded. "Yeah, pretty much."

"Shit, that boss of yours must be a real hard bitch."

I led her through my update on what had happened. I tried to keep it just the facts, but she stopped me. "Whoa, back up the bus, babe. You're gushing. Have you got a little crush going on?"

"No," I gasped, struggling to stop the flush I felt rising in my cheeks. "It's not like that. She has just got back with her partner."

"Fucking hell... She's gay. Oh my giddy aunt. You have, haven't you. You're hot for her."

"Okay, okay. I admit I've got some feelings for her, but like I said, she's taken."

"Are you sure, like if they just got back together?"

"No, I don't know. I hope it works for them, but I'm sorta envious."

"Jealous more like."

"Yeah maybe," I said jokingly, knowing she was probably right.

We talked through dinner. Giggling and laughing like old times. I'd forgotten how much fun she was. Again, I was envious. She had a new girlfriend, and it sounded like it was serious. Was I now the only single lesbian in town? It certainly felt like it.

Gloria gushed about her new squeeze, and she showed me some photos on her phone. "Lucky bitch..." I sighed. "She looks lovely."

It was a great night, and I almost didn't want it to end. Nothing but a cold bed waiting for me. The fact Gloria was doing the same gave me no joy. It was her only complaint. Her new girl was a nurse and worked shifts.

Kiara walked in the next day looking radiant. She had that, 'I've been fucked senseless' look.

She handed me a beautiful bunch of flowers. "Oh my god. Why did you do that?" I spluttered, enjoying the wonderful embrace and light kiss.

"Andrea, if you had not pushed me. I would never have taken Daley back."

"But you didn't have to do that. We're friends."

"No, it's not just Daley. You have been doing an incredible job. You covered for me yesterday. Clearly you handled it very well. Gerald rang me last night to chat and he said he was very impressed with you. So much so, that he said if I did not look after you, he was going to pinch you."

I laughed loudly at her remark. "Oooh, a job offer. I better give him a call."

"Like hell you will. In fact, I think I'll ensure you're busy next time he is around the office."

As I inhaled the beautiful aroma of the flowers, I asked, "Am I getting details?"

She sniggered. "No, you are not."

I made us both coffee, and we took a few moments to talk. "How was it?"

"Wonderful. So good to have her back in my arms. I truly had forgotten. Yes, I was taking her for granted, and it was all my fault. I'm not going to let that happen again. I am going to rely on you, Andrea. Please chase me out. Make sure I don't let it happen."

"Of course, you know you can trust me."

"I'm serious. I made a vow to myself last night. Less work, and more home. I have made enough mistakes in my life."

Work was a fun place for a while. The new Kiara was more relaxed, and that flowed into the team. There was only one sticking point. Daley... She came into the office regularly, and I picked up an unease. She was uncomfortable around me. She clearly didn't like the relationship Kiara, and I shared.

She found more and more reasons to be around the office, especially lunch times. It slowly had an affect on Kiara, who wanted to stay in the shadows with her sexuality. She also went home on time. No more late nights in the office drinking wine and eating takeaways with me.

Travel was the other thing. Seemingly over night, Kiara no longer needed my assistance. She travelled alone. It pissed me off. Daley was so insecure about our relationship. She was doing everything in her power to poison it.

Shit, she had nothing to worry about. Gee, I was the one who glued them back together.

Still, it was out of my control. Kiara was aware of it. The few times I tried to talk to her, she admitted it.

"It's my fault, Andrea. I was so overwhelmingly positive about our relationship. You and me, that is. Daley has become quite jealous. I'm sure once she settles down we can go back to the way things were. In the mean time, I simply have to be cautious."

That's not the way it went, though. My relationship with Kiara became more fractious. Daley infiltrated everything. I sensed her snarky comments behind Kiara's aloofness. We had been like best friends, and now we weren't even friends, merely colleagues.

The happy workplace degenerated slowly into a tense nervous place. In the end, I decided I'd had enough. I had been working closely with the crew from Lewinsons. Kiara was out of town, and I had to take her meeting with them. Gerald cornered me during one of the tea breaks. "You don't appear very happy, young lady. Is there a problem?"

I tried to laugh it off, but he was insistent. "Okay, let's just say not everything's going so well here at work."

He nodded. "Yes, I have to say I noticed there was a chilly gap between you and Kiara."

"Yeah, things are uncomfortable at the moment. I'm thinking of moving on."

"If you are being serious, I would like to talk to you about a job. I have been very impressed, Andrea. If you do decide to jump ship, give me a call."

I lifted my hand to my ear, and went 'Ring, ring.'

Seriously?"

"Deadly. If you want me, I'm all yours."

"Can you take time off tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I think I can manage that."

"Good. come into the office at lunch time. We can go somewhere for lunch and I'll have a contract ready for your signature."

"Wow, you don't muck around."

Kiara was upset when I told her I wasn't coming in. "Are you ill, Andrea?"

"No, I just need a personal day. I have been working long days recently, Kiara."

"Yes you have, and I am grateful. As always, you picked up my slack."

Gerald was really nice. It was good to talk and not feel the tension behind every word. His offer was way better than I expected. He proposed a position as account manager. It came with added benefits: a car, phone, laptop, and a weeks extra leave every year.

It was far too good to turn down. I signed without any negotiations. Now it was the hard bit: telling Kiara. I expected her to be upset, but I hoped she would see it as a positive for both of us. She would get Daley off her back, and I'd have a new job.

I was waiting by her office door in the morning. I had two of our favourite Bean cafe coffees. "Wow, you are eager this morning, Andrea."

"I need to talk to you if that's okay, Kiara."

"Yes, of course. Let's go into the office." Glancing at me, she obviously sensed my unease. "Is this a door open or closed meeting?"

"Closed, I think."

Her frown deepened. "Oh dear, this doesn't sound good."

I waited until we were both seated and she'd taken her first sip. "I'm sorry to spring this on you, Kiara." I handed her my resignation letter. She didn't read it, but saw what it was. "Why? I bet it was that bloody Gerald. Blast it, Andrea. If it's money, at least give me a chance to counter."

"It's not money, Kiara. It's more the way things have been between us since you got back together with Daley. Our relationship has broken down. Frankly, it's uncomfortable some days. Especially if Daley turns up."

"God, I am so sorry, Andrea. I know things have been tense. They will settle down. Once Daley is comfortable that there's nothing between us she will be more accepting."

"No, she won't. For some reason, she thinks there is something between us. I think the best thing for both of us is if I leave."

"For you perhaps, but I feel terrible. You have become very important to me, and to the business, Andrea. You have been doing an amazing job. Not one single person here would say a bad word about you."

"Thanks, boss. I have tried."

"Yes you have. Could I ask you to reconsider? I will offer more money of course."

"No, it's not the money. I just can't work for you with Daley breathing down my neck."

"What if I offered you a new role. Not my direct assistant?"

"I'm sorry, boss. I have already accepted a new job. I couldn't go back on my word."

"Gerald?"

I nodded.

"Blast that man, he infuriates me. He told me he was going to do it. Damn him to hell."

I'm sorry, Kiara."

"I simply hate the thought of losing you. Who am I going to talk to now?"

She gave me an extension of her pouty sad glare. "When do you want to leave?"

"I realise I have to give a month's notice. How would the twentieth of next month work for you?"

"Yes, that will work. I'll send the paperwork through HR, I'm sorry things worked out so terribly. I have enjoyed working with you. More than that, I feel like I am losing my confidante, my friend. Perhaps my most trusted ally."

It was uncomfortable after that. Kiara sorta cut me out of everything. I went back to being nothing more than a very well paid receptionist. The other account managers all wished me well and were still polite and friendly. It was just my relationship with Kiara. It had been stretched before, now it lay shattered in a million pieces. The day I was introduced to my replacement seemed like the last straw. With two weeks still to go, I had to take Diana under my wing and train her. She was nice enough, older than me, married with two children who she obviously adored. Her desk, my old one, became a shrine to her family.

She appeared to have been chosen carefully by Daley. Diana, wasn't unattractive, but she was a family oriented woman.

I was glad to see my last day roll around. I walked around the office handing out invites to everybody for drinks that night. When I handed over Kiara's invite, she sighed. "I hoped this day would never come. Thank you for inviting me."