Strange wonderful things do happen

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh babes, shush. I would have loved to met her, but things happen. It's not your fault."

We sat there for an eternity, her head on my shoulder as she told me stories from her childhood. About the summer holidays she spent with her Aunt.

"God, I love you so much," she whispered breathlessly. "So much."

"I love you more." I replied. "We can get through this togethter. I'm here for you. I always will be."

"Thank you."

"You know if we have a little girl, we could name her Edith. Maybe Edrich if it's a boy."

The funeral was awful. I know it sounds harsh, but there's no such thing as a good one.

Poor Kiara broke down on the dais as she tried to give the eulogy. I saw her stumble and rushed up to support her, my arm circling her waist to hold her up. An impossible task, as she fumbled her words through tearful sobs.

I stared out into the gathered faces. Kiara's mother looked entirely distraught. I had already decided she wasn't going to intimidate me.

After we left the cemetery, we were all invited back to Kiara's parents house for the wake.

It was later when I went outside for a breath of air, Kiara was busily catching up with family she hadn't seen for ages. As I walked outside, I heard somebody bawling hysterically.

Towards the back of the garden, I found Kiara's mum, sitting on a bench seat, her head in her hands.

Sitting beside her, I wrapped my arm around her. "I'm sorry for your loss," I whispered.

"It's terrible, she was my older sister. Over the last few years we have become so estranged. She was very unhappy with me because I haven't been able to accept Kiara's lifestyle choice."

"It's okay, I'm sure she understood."

"No, we argued over it. She tried, bless her. She told me I would lose Kiara if I didn't change. Now all I can think of is our last words were an argument."

"I'm sure she understood. She clearly loved you and Kiara. I wish I had met hr."

She turned her head and said softly, "I wish you had as well. She was my big sister, and I loved her so much. She deserved better."

"Think of the good times. Forget the negative ones. I would love to hear about your childhood."

"Why would you care? I was so mean to you."

"We are going to be seeing a lot of each other. I want you in my life. Kiara wants you in our life. She loves you so much."

Her eyes, as tear filled as they were, spoke of her incredulity. "She must hate me at the moment. I was hardly welcoming to you."

"Who cares? We can put that behind us, at last I hope we can. I was hoping you might like to help plan our wedding."

"Wedding?" she gasped.

"Yes, we're getting married. Kiara so much wanted to tell you. She just didn't know how. We are at a crossroads here, Adele. W can choose to b part of each other's life, or we can walk away. I personally choose option one. Just because we didn't start on the best of notes, we can put that behind us... Surely?"

Surprisingly, she replied. "Yes we can. You are a very wise young lady. Kiara has chosen well. I'm sorry I behaved so poorly."

"No apologies needed. But I know a certain person who would like to hear those words."

I watched from the doorway as Adele walked up behind Kiara and embraced her. I couldn't hear what she said, but Kiara's reaction spoke volumes. They stood hugging, crying. Then Kiara turned to look for me and rushed into my arms. "I love you," she said passionately.