Strange wonderful things do happen

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I could hardly leave you off the list. You're my best friend."

I watched as her face twitched, and she wiped away a small tear. "Thank you, Andrea. Would you mind if I invited Daley?"

"No, it's not a deal to me."

It seemed like the whole office was at the pub to say their goodbyes. I was at the bar, trying to organise for a tab, when Kiara turned up beside me. She gave me a cute little kiss, then pushed my hand with my credit card away.

"I am paying, Andrea. You put your card away." She turned her attention back to the barman, and handed over her credit card. "Organise a tab. I will be covering all the drinks. Can you do food?"

"Yeah, sweetheart. We can get some trays of finger food and shit if that's okay."

She nodded. "I am not your sweetheart, but yes. That would be nice."

"Sorry, lady."

"That is fine. Could you deliver two bottles of champagne to our table please."

She grabbed my hand and walked towards the big table. "You didn't have to do that, Kiara."

"Nonsense. If I have to lose you, then we need to celebrate."

I slipped my arm through hers, and leaned against her. "How are things with you and Daley?" I asked.

"Wonderful, actually. We seem to have found a space that works for us. What about you, have you met anybody nice?"

"I'm glad for you, and no, I haven't."

She reached into her handbag, and pulled out a little parcel. "I thought you might. Do not open this until you are alone. I hope it will be fun, and think of me when you use it."

"Naughty girl," I giggled, "and yeah... I will."

We had lots of drinks, a waiter wandered around with a tray carrying food. It was a lot of fun. Well, until Daley turned up. Things quickly fell apart after her arrival.

I didn't see her walk in, but I did feel her hands on my shoulders. "Hello, Andrea. Nice to see you again."

I turned, and she leaned in and gave me a kiss. "Nice to see you as well, Daley."

She walked over to Kiara, and in front of everybody pulled her into a tight embrace and said. "Hello my sweet." Kiara, looked stunned. There were gasps from around the table. "Oh come along, babe. We have nothing to be ashamed of."

"Daley, stop that. You are being silly." She looked around the group. "Apologies, she has clearly had a little too much to drink."

Daley, looked crestfallen, tearing up, her eyes glaring angrily at Kiara. I tried to deflect the quickly building tension. I walked up beside her, slipped my arm around her waist and said. "Come on babe, come and talk to me."

I saw her expression change, and she hissed. "Yes, lets do that, but only if I get a kiss."

She leaned in close, and her sexy full lips crushed mine in a searing kiss that stopped hearts. It only lasted a few moments, but everybody in the group stared.

She walked around my side of the table, her arm draping lazily over my shoulder. The conversation slowly picked back up, and there were some funny stories circulating. Daley seemed to be intent on irritating Kiara. As we stood side by side, she kept leaning closer. Her open wet mouth nibbling and sucking on my earlobes. She kissed my neck, leaving her red lipstick stains on my flesh.

"Hmmm," she said loudly. "I can't wait to get you home. I'm feeling horny. I need your lips on my pussy."

"Cut it out," I muttered angrily. Pushing her arm off my shoulder. "You're making a scene."

"Oh don't be like that, babe."

There were a lot of empty glasses at the table, so I grabbed them and said. "Daley, could you come and help me get another round of drinks please."

She smiled, kissed me again and followed me with her hands full of empty glasses. I gave the barman the order, and hissed at Daley. "What the hell are you trying to do?"

"I am trying to get Kiara to be honest about our relationship. I am sick of living in the shadows like I don't even exist. Everywhere we go, I have to pretend to be nothing more than a friend. Do you understand how humiliating that is for me? She's supposed to be my partner."

"I understand Daley, I really do. This isn't the place to do it. If you embarrass her here in front of all her colleagues, she will never forgive you."

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Take it slowly, girl. Don't push so hard. It'll happened when she's ready."

"Easy for you to say. You aren't the one being ignored. Maybe she would take notice if I took you home and fucked you."

"What the heck are you talking about?"

"Don't play the innocent angel with me. She dotes on you. It's always... Andrea this, Andrea did that. You're all she talks about sometimes. I thought you had something going on."

"She's my boss, my friend. That's all. I like her a lot, but if you keep playing the insane jealous girlfriend, it won't work."

I felt her arms wrap around my neck and she started crying hysterically. All I could do was hold her tight and rub her back consolingly. "Chill babe, take some breaths."

Slowly, she leaned back, and wiped her eyes. "Sorry, I think I'll go home. Thank you for understanding. Tell Kiara for me, will you? I will be waiting for her."

"No worries, girl, I can do that."

I carried the tray back to the table, which was full of laughter and loud conversation.

"What happened to your friend?" Brent asked.

"She's heading home. She had way too much to drink."

"Well she's a firecracker. You got a hot one there." He chuckled. "When were you going to tell us about her?"

"Yeah, Andrea, when were you going to own up?" Tony asked.

"Okay, I'm gay. I don't promote it, or on the other hand, hide it. "

"I wasn't getting at you, Andrea. You can be honest with us. We are all friends as well as colleagues."

"I know, but there are still some stigmas attached to being gay."

"Stop picking on the poor girl," Kiara said quite forcefully. She glanced at me apologetically. "I'm sorry, Andrea."

"Nothing to be sorry for. I'm proud of who I am. Sorry Daley was so pissed."

"Is she your girlfriend?" Tony asked.

"Nah, we're friends that's all. She gets a bit antsy when she's been drinking."

The crowd slowly drifted away. Finally there was only Kiara and me. As we stood at the bar waiting for the manager to work out the bill, she leaned against me, her arm circling my waist. 'i cannot express my gratitude enough. Bloody Daley. I don't know what came over her?"

"She was feeling lost. I think you will be having a much longer conversation when you get home."

"Yes, I fear you might be right."

"Why don't you just come out? You saw the guys. Nobody cares."

"Maybe not at that table, but at higher levels, if you want to fit in, you have to be like everybody else."

She paid the bill, and as we walked out, she gave me a last kiss. I felt her body pressing against mine, her breasts crushed on mine. Rather than parting, we pressed closer, my arms held her hips tightly.

We parted as the taxi honked its horn. Her eyes peered at me tearfully. "I will miss you, Andrea."

"I'll miss you, as well."

*****

My new job turned out to be another step in my journey. Gerald, like Kiara, was a great boss. It was different being an actual account manager, though. I had to put into practice what I learned working with Kiara.

I knew if I could utilise those tools, I'd do okay.

It took me a while to work my way into the inner circle. It took a lot of late nights and weekends worked, but I finally managed to make my presence felt.

It's hard enough to make it in business as a woman. You have to be twice as good as the man working beside you. Throw in a gay woman, and it's harder again. Yeah, it didn't take long for the rumours to circulate. I decided, "Fuck it." Why should I cower away in a corner? I wasn't ashamed. It just meant I had to work harder.

My social life was non existent. Gloria was about the only friend I managed to stay in touch with.

Then I was offered a job working out of the London office, and I jumped at it. I loved it; nobody knew me. London was so different to Auckland. London had such a vibrant gay scene. Dedicated lesbian bars.

That's where I met Lois. She was gorgeous, and so sexy. I adored her accent: posh, without being toffee nosed. She had that Chelsea accent.

She was super kinky, which was fun. She was out there, loved toys and very dominant. I liked it, at first. She wanted to be in charge, and that included sex. She got her pleasure from giving, not receiving.

I wasn't quite so keen on that aspect. All my other relationships had been sharing, caring ones. I didn't really get into the stemme thing, but that was her bag. I was just happy to have somebody to show me around, and it was nice to have a human body to sleep with, to cuddle and kiss.

Someone to wake up in the morning to a sexy morning breath kiss.

My posting lasted twelve months, and by then, I was happy to leave Lois behind. She had started pushing towards a more defined Domme/sub relationship, and I definitely wasn't into that.

Auckland was a nice step back. I was able to chill for a couple of weeks and get my breath back. I was down at the waterfront, waiting for Gloria and the girls when I got the fright of my life. "Hello, Andrea. Are you back for good, or merely visiting?"

I stood quickly, slipping into a friendly hug and a sweet kiss. "Kiara, what are you doing down here?"

"The same as you, probably. Catching up with some friends."

"Wow, that's sweet." I gave her a little squinty glance. "How's Daley?"

"I am afraid I do not see a lot of her these days. We are still friends, simply not lovers."

"Oh dear, I'm sorry, babe. I thought things were good for you both?"

"Yes, and no. I do still have a place in my heart for her, but it simply did not work."

"Sorry, Kiara. I'm sorry to hear that. Perhaps I shouldn't have pushed you back together."

"No, I am grateful. You saved me a fortune in therapist's fees. You were right. I did still have unresolved feelings for her. Our relationship may have been brief, and failed a second time. At least I got the closure I needed."

"Thank god... I was starting to feel guilty."

"No, there's no need for that. I remain grateful. How about you... Is there somebody in your life?"

"No, I have only been back a week. I start back in the office on Monday."

Just at that moment, Gloria and the girls turned up. I did all the introductions, and said to her, "Kiara, you could hang with us until your friends arrive, if you want?"

"Thanks, but no... I shant overstay my welcome."

"Kiara, no... Please, I'm asking you."

"No, my friends will be here any minute. I would, however, like to catch up. Are you busy tomorrow?"

"Nah, it's Sunday. I've got nothing planned."

She smiled, and her face brightened. "Would you like to take a trip out to Waiheke Island for lunch?"

"Wow, absolutely. Gosh that would be sweet."

She leaned in for a quick kiss. "Excellent. I shall pick you up at say... ten?"

"I'm in a new flat. I'll text you the address."

"Wonderful, tomorrow at ten it is."

"Your old boss, aye... Shit girl, only back a couple of days and you've already got a hot date."

"Yeah, you dirty bitch. Banging your old boss. Who's gonna be on top?"

"Shut up, it's just lunch."

"Fuck off, Andrea. You've always had the hots for her," Gloria announced to the whole gang.

"Stop it, you've got it all wrong. We're just catching up for lunch."

"Oh yeah, we all know what you'll be eating. At least there's not a lot of calories in it." They all shrieked with laughter. The teasing continued throughout the day. I hadn't blushed that much since I was a teenager.

I turned my whole wardrobe over trying to find something to wear for a lunch date on Waiheke. Was it really a date? Kiara had never been far from my mind, but a date...

"You look gorgeous, Andrea," she gushed as I walked out to meet her by the taxi. "Honestly, that outfit is divine."

"Stop it, you're the one stopping traffic. Absolutely stunning."

"So, tell me all about London. Did you enjoy it?" she asked as we snuggled together. The breeze was a little brisk as the ferry to Waiheke, bounced through the waves. The Hauraki gulf could be like that when the wind was offshore.

"It was epic. So much to do, places to see, things to do."

"Yes, it can be a bit daunting on your own."

"I wasn't on my own the whole time. I did meet somebody."

"Ohhhh, naughty. Why didn't you stay?"

"She was a bit much, into some really kinky shit. It was fun for a while, but not forever."

"How kinky?" she asked in a hushed whisper.

"She wanted me to be her pet. I didn't mind the blindfold, or the handcuffs. But when she pulled out the whips... I decided enough was enough. I did like her, but we could never live together."

She giggled consiprationally. "That is kinky." She turned her head slightly, looking down at the deck. "You would make a lovely pet, though. I could hardly blame her."

Is that how it was with Daley... Was she your pet?"

"Oh god no. Daley, could never be anybody's pet. She was the bossy one. That was why we struggled. It was a constant battle for superiority. She wanted to control everything."

"I'm sorry, Kiara. I should never have pushed you back into her arms. She looked so devastated that day she walked into the office."

"Stop apologising. I am truly grateful. It allowed me to discover a little more of myself. I now know what I want. It was in front of me the whole time." Her smile tugged flirtatiously with the corners of her mouth.

"Really, and what was that?" I asked, my heart beating quicker than ever.

"You, Andrea. I was never brave enough to tell you. Silly, I know, but because of our working relationship, I was afraid to reach out. I imagined myself being arrested for sexual assault if you didn't feel the same way."

"Kiara..."

"No, let me finish. I really like you. We were so close, our friendship was wonderful and I became so scared of destroying that. I was heartbroken when you said you were leaving."

Her hands clasped mine, and she squeezed so tightly. "Please tell me you feel it... Please, Andrea."

I smirked widely, the smile just wouldn't fade. "Kiara, I have had such a bloody crush on you. The number of times I went to sleep with my pillow between my legs wishing it was you..."

"Really?"

"Yeah, straight up, babe. I got so squishy sometimes I had to sneak off to the ladies and dry myself."

"My god, you dirty little girl."

"Oh, that's nothing. I have fucked you so many times in my dreams. That new little toy you brought me, I almost wore it out."

She giggled teasingly. "I did wear mine out."

"Slutty bitch," I sneered.

"Cheeky bitch," she threw back. "Do you have to work tomorrow?"

"Not really. I have another week off. Why?"

"I was going to suggest we find a hotel on the island and stay overnight?"

"Stay... But I didn't bring anything with me."

"It's one blasted night... What do you need?"

"Clean clothes for tomorrow would be a start."

"I'll buy you some. There are shops, you know."

Giggling at her remark, I replied. "Are you trying to seduce me?"

"Yes, you nasty minx. Stop trying to tease me."

Thinking about our relationship, I thought I would throw up a slow down sign. "Okay, if you kiss me now, here in front of all these people. And I mean a real kiss, not a peck on the lips. Then I'll stay with you."

She looked horrified, then glanced around the forty odd passengers standing around staring out at the waters of the gulf. Surprisingly, she released my hands, bringing hers up to hold my face tightly.

She tilted my head softly, then moved in for a kiss. Her lips moulded with mine. The soft succulent velvety lips slid over mine. Hers opening, her tongue sliding teasingly into my open mouth.

Our tongues caressed, her lips mashing harder, our breath mingling. My hands moved of their own volition. I grabbed her face holding the kiss. Enjoying, luxuriating in the loitering feel of her passion.

When we broke the kiss, she panted as breathlessly as I did, our eyes staring back into each others.

"Shit," I gasped. "I guess we're staying."

She drew me into an embrace, the warmth of her body warming through my flimsy blouse. I felt her heartbeat. I sensed her unease. I leaned in and kissed her again. Overwhelmed, and wallowing in desire, I held the kiss.

The captain announced we were arriving, and as we stood up, Kiara's hand slipped into mine. We walked off like that, hand in hand.

We wandered through the few market stalls on our way into find a cafe. Kiara seemed to know exactly where she was going. Being my first visit, I just followed along. I stopped at every stall, checking out the trinkets and artwork. Kiara never complained once: she stood beside me, listening to me raving about the items.

We found a little restaurant close to the water and sat down to eat, Kiara typing away on her phone as we waited. "What are you doing?" I asked annoyed.

"Booking our room."

"Kiara, are you sure?"

"Absolutely. I have wanted this for so long. I know this is a lot, but god I want you. My heart is pounding."

I giggled with her. "Not as hard as mine."

"Do you not really want to?"

"What... God no. Somebody once said I was gagging for it. If she said that today, she'd be right. I just can't believe it's actually happening."

"Oh it's happening. I am so fucking you."

I gasped in surprise. "Say that again."

"What?"

"Fuck, say it again. I think it's the first time I've ever heard you swear."

"You like that word?"

"I love it, but I'm not sure who'll be getting fucked."

"Oh it will definitely be you, bitch. I can't wait to get between you gorgeous legs and fuck you. Feel you slushy little pussy on mine."

"We should go then, I'm not sure I can wait." I replied

"Aren't you hungry?" she said with a smirk.

"Definitely, but the food of my desire is sitting across from me."

That bloody smirk... I cherished that. For such long periods of our initial relationship that smile had remained hidden, buried beneath frowns, tension and ambitious endeavour. Her face changed, the tension lines softened, skin radiant. Her eyes were the giveaway. So full of life, excitement.

The day, and it was a beautiful day, dragged away my eyes: speedboats skimming the glistening waters, children playing in the sand, dogs rushing to and fro, people, families, lovers, walking hand in hand.

"It's lovely here." I sighed.

"Yes, I must admit I forgot just how wonderful it can be on a day like today. Have you not visited before?"

"No, never. Just something I never got around to."

"Well, we should explore. I seem to remember bicycles for hire somewhere."

"Yeah, I saw them down by the ferry terminal. Although, we're hardly dressed for cycling."

"That is true." She giggled. "Perhaps our next visit?"

"Kiara, what are we doing here? Are you sure you want to go down this path?"

She clutched my hands in hers. She squeezed, her thumbs massaging softly. Little circles that made my tummy tingle. Her eyes fixed, unmoving, staring back into mine. "Andrea, I have never been more sure of anything in my life. When I first met you at your interview, I knew then that there was something about you. I felt drawn towards you, an attraction I couldn't explain."

Her hands, soft, gentle, caressing, squeezing. "Andrea, I wish like heavens that I had been able to tell you then. I was trapped, because you gave off such mixed messages. I thought you were straight. I have always wanted you. I think that is why Daley and I were unable to make it work. She knew... It is why she was so insecure about you."

"Then perhaps we should go and see what our hotel room is like?"

"You don't want to explore?" She replied unsure.

"I bloody want to explore all right. But the exploration I want to undertake could be done from within our room."

As we stood at the reception desk, I felt my heart begin to beat faster, my skin bubbled with little goosebumps rising uninvited. My flesh burned as the flush of excitement crept up my body, my nipples uncomfortably rubbing on my bra, hardening, filled with arousal.