Succubus Inquisition Ch. 09

Story Info
Bree is on the run. Will she find help or something else?
19.4k words
4.86
4.7k
7

Part 10 of the 11 part series

Updated 09/12/2023
Created 03/27/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Yshomatsu
Yshomatsu
437 Followers

Succubus Inquisition Ch 9

A copper furred fox jumped across a roaring river going from rock to rock. She had ventured off on her own after a tragic trap had separated her from her traveling companion. Bree tried her best to be strong as she searched for her long lost love. But truth be told she found herself crying herself to sleep most nights. The events at the obsidian tower kept replaying in her dreams.

Her dear friend Amber, a bound lesser succubus had walked right into the carefully planned trap and Bree had barely made it out, abandoning her friend. However, now she was all alone. The tides had really turned on them after they had foolishly believed they had been winning against Meridiana's spreading corruption. A being like no other monster-girl Bree had seen had been waiting for them. Bree hadn't stuck around to figure out the pale woman's deal. She would have most likely been captured as well, honestly.

The only good thing to come of the whole ordeal was the new tail Bree had gained. Her sixth to be exact and with it came new abilities. She could control her form and turning completely into a fox had been a saving grace. She was now able to shut down her emotions and let the fox's instincts take over, guiding her.

Her main goal now was to find Yshomatsu, her lost lover. Even though a part of her believed him to be dead. She couldn't think of any of reason for his disappearance the night they defeated Meridiana weeks ago. He should have been there for the celebrations or the following hunts. Bree couldn't remember how long Meridiana had been loose in the world but she spread her corruption all over. She had created many 'daughters' just like Bree. Each one completely different from one another.

Truth be told she couldn't recall how she had broken from Meridiana's control but somehow she had along with Ysho. Perhaps it was simply because they were the first to fall under the demoness' spell and left to themselves for too long.

Alone in her travels let her mind wander and she thought about many things.

Her new senses guided her even though she didn't understand what she was actually following. She just had to have faith in herself. All that mattered was finding help and rescuing Athanatos and Amber from the pale woman inside the obsidian tower. Destroying the tower would be favorable as well now that she thought about it. After all the pain the unnatural structure had caused.

She tried not to think about how long she had been wandering. Something drew her in this direction, she dared not to hope too much. Her travels took her to a large wall of thorny vines. She squeezed through them with ease and continued on without a second thought. The world was large and full of wonders after all and she was from a small village. A large plant growth like this--although amazing in its own right--struck her as perfectly normal like any other tree unique to its location. She would never be able to name them all so why let something like a massive vine trouble her? She continued trusting in her senses to guide her onward.

Several days later she heard voices and crouched low into the underbrush. Silently she crept closer until she could see a strange plant-like humanoid woman. A sweet scent blew on the air towards her that almost caused her to sneeze. The plant-woman sat on a fallen log facing two others Bree hadn't noticed at first. Granted the humanoid plant stood out while the other two blended in. They had earth brown flesh and green hair.

Bree's orange fox eyes bulged when she realized, they were Fae, nymphs if she recalled the folklore correctly. Her small village had many stories about Fae and she couldn't believe she was so close to a few of them. A part of her wanted to walk out and greet them. But she remained hidden in the bushes. The plant-woman had an aura of lust about her that screamed succubus made. Yet she appeared unlike anything Meridiana had created.

Then the familiar scent hit her! Meridiana's big mist spell had turned out to be owned by another succubus, named Viridis. That was why she smelled like that. Yeah Bree had been wise not to rush out and greet the Fae. Why were they engaging in conversation with a creation of a succubus? Intrigued, Bree allowed herself to lay down and perked her ears to eavesdrop.

"The traveling party snuck into the forest uninvited and unwanted." The plant-woman spoke as told a far fetched tale to her captivated company. "The Fae Queen tasked me with stoping them."

"What happened?" Asked one of the nymphs on the edge of her log.

"I separated them, one by one they fell into my traps. But I got carried away, enjoying this supple young priestess and the two monks in the party managed to find our Queen's hideout."

The two nymphs gasped as Bree's ears perked with surprise, "wasn't she with that handsome Guardian?"

"Oh yes, intimately in fact." The nymphs giggled as their cheeks flushed. The woman mentioned monks though, Bree thought Ysho and Athan's Order had all been wiped out by Meridiana.

"What happened to the nosy monks?" Whispered the second nymph, leaning in close to her companion. The two Fae wore outfits made of leaves and branches. Bree admired how alluring and beautiful they looked.

"They managed to get away I'm afraid. But not before our Queen left them with a parting gift." The plant-woman said with a smirk, licking her lips.

"What!? Oh please tell us," they pleaded until the plant-woman continued her story.

"She had me plant a seed within the female monk." She gave them a devious look as if they'd know the secrets behind her mistress masquerading as their queen. "They fled back to their grand city of Saelmere and that's when our Queen raised the vine wall to keep intruders out."

"Didn't someone get passed the wall later though?"

"So you have heard the tales after all?" The plant-woman questioned her lovely companions.

"Only rumors," the two nymphs held hands now, leaning closer together. They were eager to learn more of current events.

Bree sniffed the air and felt her body shiver. The scent had been sweet before but now it made her body tingle. She ran her tongue over her snout and stifled back a sneeze. The two nymphs were getting awfully friendly with each other. Either the story or the succubus created woman's pheromones we're getting to them.

"Yes, another human from the city did manage to enter the forest despite our Queen's great efforts. She eventually stumbled on our new King."

"And Queen Tatiana caught them together?" Gasped one of the nymphs as her hand slid before her legs.

"Who's telling this story?" The plant-woman laughed.

"Sorry, continue..." the nymph frantically apologized as her cheeks flushed a darker shade of earthly brown.

Bree had heard enough though, even though she suspected who this 'Queen' was. While important, she simply couldn't handle a succubus on her own. She needed help and now she had a lead. There were more monks in the world and she hoped they were part of Ysho and Athan's Order. Without making a sound she scurried off into the distance, leaving the lustful women behind.

Her quest now had a destination all thanks to following her gut instincts. And while she knew of the city they spoke of, she never had the pleasure of visiting. She longed to see the grand spectacle that was a large stone city. She heard tales of how wonderful the enormous castle was, home of their King. Maybe she'd just take a small peak at the castle before seeking the monk's within the city.

Excitement carried her forward at a brisk pace. Until she approached the giant vines. This time she looked at them with concern since she had just found out they weren't in fact natural to this world. Although her instincts could be mistaken and the Queen of the Fae might not be Meridiana's sister Viridis. She didn't like taking that chance and cautiously squeezed through the small gaps between vines this time.

Bree didn't realize the succubi had that much power to raise such a large wall of vines. The moment the thought entered her mind however she mentally slapped herself. Of course she knew they had the power. Meridiana had risen the blasted obsidian tower. The same tower that haunted her dreams and took her friend from her.

Although it was funny to think so highly of Amber. The one closest to a true daughter than any of Meridiana's other corrupted creations like herself, a kitsune. Bree considered her friend Amber to be lucky. Since Athan had bound the lesser succubus magically Amber had lost most of the demonic hunger that originally drove her. And had gained her own genuine personality in the process. Bree was sure that it helped considering that Athan never treated Amber like a servant or slave. Rather he treated her with respect and the two of them had fallen in love.

Her though there were interrupted as Bree squeezed through the thick vines.

The morning's temperate change had created a light fog as she pushed forward and when she saw it Bree froze in place. That wasn't morning mist... it was green. Her heart dropped as she recognized the giggling voices within the unnatural succubi mist. No no no... she started to panic, heart racing as her body shivered.

Like a statue she stood there among the vines as she watched the dancing mist-women pass by until their laughter was but a faint eco on the wind. The three of them had looked exactly as she remembered them, only happier.

Her new fox form truly came in handy as she let out her breath and carried on undetected. A shiver shook her entire animal body because those mystical women haunted her dreams still to this day. She had met them inside the obsidian tower and the memory of that encounter still made her wet when she thought about it. She certainly was not in a hurry to meet them again. Bree was thankful that she wasn't in her humanoid form. For they would have clearly noticed her uncontrolled arousal had she been normal instead of her new animal form.

Besides gaining the first lead in weeks she also might have discovered the location of their missing succubus Viridis. A threat that they would have to deal with once they regrouped and took care of the obsidian tower's threat. As she rushed off a part of her worried that this succubus would have all of the Fae wrapped around her finger by the time they were ready to face her. But what else could she do? Single-handedly face off against a full blooded demon in her own self proclaimed kingdom? That would not go so well and deep down the kitsune knew it.

So, she pushed onward, towards the grand city that she actually looked forward to seeing in person for the first time in her life, with a skip in her step. One step closer to getting help or finding Ysho. Would it be too much to pray for both?

Three days later she skulked on the outskirts of a small patch of trees. Down the valley stood the most grand stone structure she had ever seen. A true wall with no gaps between the solid gray and white bricks surrounded a massive city. She even saw countless armed people patrolling on the built in walk ways. At the city's heart she saw another wall that circled a large building that had to be the citadel, the very seat of the King.

Bree lingered in fox form and admired the sight. She had heard tales all her life about the city of Saelmere but her imagination did not do it justice. To see it in person was a true blessing she wouldn't soon forget. Now she just had to find a way inside.

She imagined they didn't have much wildlife sneaking inside so she would have to make herself human and disguise her Kitsune features.

Or better yet... an opportunity just happened to present itself as a wagon full of hay slowly made its way down the cobblestone road towards the city gates.

Bree rushed forward trying to keep low among the grass to avoid being seen. Her fox form was quick and agile and she was able to jump into the hay with barely a rustle. The man holding the reins turned at the sound but shrugged it off as nothing but the wind. The kitsune let out her breath with a sigh of relief at being undetected. Her nerves were still bundled though as she anxiously waited for her slow moving transport to enter the city.

"Morning Al, the stables are expecting you. Go on through," Bree listened to the muffled conversation before the loud sounds of the giant metal gate rising tuned out the rest of their words. They didn't hesitate for a second she realized as the wagon began moving again.

She had made it into the city!

Her little fox snout poked out of the hay as she took a peak. The stealthy transport made its way down the street slowly and Bree couldn't hold back her excitement as she watched all the people go about their business. The market place was truly a wonderful sight compared to home. There were too many people for her to count and so many shops. She didn't know where to look.

When the wagon turned down a quiet alley she could hear the sounds of war horses in their stalls. She quickly hopped out of the hay, landing on the dirty cobblestone without a sound, ducking behind a stack of wooden crates. Above her were lines of hanging clothing and it dawned on her that she'd be naked when she transformed back into her human form.

Bree could try sneaking through the streets in fox form but with so many people out in the main streets she knew she would easily be seen and draw attention to herself. She glanced at the drying lines and deciding on the only thing that may work.

She ran across the alley, jumping onto the wall and flipped backwards, snagging a pair of overalls off the line and landed softly on her padded feet. Then she looked both ways and when she knew no one saw her she ducked behind the crates again and shifted forms. Her orange fur melted into her flesh as her limbs extended. For a split second she looked like a monster from the darkest horror stories told by man. Thankfully it didn't last long as her bronze human body formed quickly. Her long brown hair flowed down her back in smooth waves.

Then she pulled the overalls up one leg at a time before clasping the straps over her shoulders. Her tail awkwardly jammed in the baggy clothing before she concentrated and felt it mold into her body.

A dropping stone down the alley made her orange fox ears twitch and she realized she didn't know how to shift them to human ears. Bree bit her lower lip in thought and looked back at the many lines holding various clothing. At the end of the alley she spotted a white bonnet that might work.

Her bare feet made an echoing sound as she jogged down the alley. A quick and subtle blast of blue energy from her finger tips caused the line to fall and she scooped up the hat as it flew by. Quickly she threw it on and tied the straps around her jawline before skipping off down the Main Street, joining all those people.

She mingled and asked a few people in passing about the monastery's location before heading off in its direction. She had a smile on her lips and a slight blush on her cheeks for she was one step closer to getting the help she so desperately needed. She took her time traveling down the streets, admiring all the wonderful sights. She had never seen so many buildings stacked on top of one another, or lined next to earth other.

At various intersections she caught glimpses of the grand citadel off in the distance. The stunning structure climbed into the heavens, high above the stone wall that surrounded it within the city. For a small moment she could forget all her troubles as she savored all the sights.

Then she came around the corner and saw a much smaller but no less stunning structure. Most of the buildings she passed were made of mixtures of plaster, clay, wood and brick. But this one in front of her was constructed out of stone blocks. Unlike the massive pieces that made up the grand walls this one was made of smaller bricks of gray stone. It had archways and glass stained windows. The large wooden doors looked ancient but somehow welcoming at the same time.

Bree gulped and climbed the stone stairs to those doors, pausing only to catch her breath. She hoped they were members of the same Monk Order. There was a stone dragon head mounted with a metal ring in its mouth so she went to use it on the door. But then the double doors opened on its own and a thick musk hit her that made her head spin as she breathed it in.

The interior was lit by many candles and a red carpet had been laid out. There were chairs and cushions laid out before a podium like a reception area. Bree gulped and stepped inside, her skin tingling as she stepped onto the soft carpet. Goosebumps formed on her arms.

Then the solid doors slammed shut behind her and she screamed, jumping and clasping at her chest.

A man appeared at the podium and coughed to get her attention. Bree's heart rate had sped to alarming rates as she tried to calm herself down. "Pardon madam, we're still getting the kinks worked out of the place. How may I assist you?"

His voice sounded monotone and bored as she turned back towards him. Her orange eyes focused and noticed how professional he appeared even as his eyes seemed distant or vacant. In the low candle light she couldn't make out his eye color. His black hair was slicked back and he wore a suit like a butler's. She almost giggled having expected to see the man in a plain robe.

"Umm, I came here looking for an order of monks." Her voice came out squeaky. She looked around unsure of herself. The structure sure fit what she expected but not the more intimate setting with all the candles.

The man looked her over, noticing her bare feet and the way the baggy overalls appeared on her slim body. "This is The Monastery," he plainly stated, glancing back up at her face, his blank expression too hard for her to read.

Bree took another deep breath and felt her body almost sway. "Oh," she whispered, feeling dizzy all of a sudden. There was something in the air she couldn't place, maybe incense? But it took a moment to collect her thoughts. The way the man said 'The Monastery' sounded off to her but her thoughts were hard to focus on. She didn't know how to ask if they were part of the secret organization her love belonged to. Would they ever admit to such a thing if someone flat out asked?

"Can i um, speak to the," she thought for a long second, "um, the elder?" Her question was met with confusion as the man's face scrunched for a split second before relaxing back into that calm, almost dazed expression. If she had blinked she would have missed it. The man had no idea what she was asking. "Or any monk?" She quickly added. "Are there, monks here?"

"Right this way madam," he said plainly, spinning and heading down the hall. She gulped but followed, noticing how wonderful the woven carpet felt on her bare feet. Almost like her senses were being heightened the longer she was in the building. She kept taking deep breaths, enjoying how the strange air felt as it filled her lungs.

They walked down a hallway, passing many doors and she could faintly hear sounds coming from some of them as they went by. Some were muffled conversations and some, moaning? That couldn't be right though, right? Her imagination was just playing tricks on her, she thought as she followed the odd butler. The strange scent got thicker as they went and soon Bree was struggling to walk straight, her head felt funny. She giggled and quickly covered her mouth and coughed to cover up her unexpected laugh. Luckily the man didn't hear her or simply didn't care.

The brown haired kitsune felt completely out of place. The atmosphere reminded her of something that made her feel on edge. While at the same time each breath made her feel more dizzy and giddy. It was weird.

They walked into a bigger room that had pillars and wide archways. She tired to imagine what the room should be used for but the sight she found threw her for a loop.

Yshomatsu
Yshomatsu
437 Followers