Summer Figs

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't want you to read it!" I chuckled. "Just wait a month — understand? — a month. Then take off the rubber bands and turn to page 100. I'll WhatsApp you to remind you, too." I smiled at her.

"Okay. A month." She agreed as she took the book. "Sad book."

"Yes. I know that now." I chuckled again. "Still though... a month."

"Yes." She smiled at me.

"I'm ready."

"Okay.

We went downstairs and found Elena and Tomas fully awake in the kitchen. The kitchen was gorgeous, huge, perfectly stocked. It was my wet dream.

Tomas floated around Elena, chopping and washing fruits.

They argued hotly, then kissed. I smiled widely, waiting until their moment was mostly over, then cleared my throat.

"Good morning!" Elena said brightly. "You are ready, Vic?"

"Yes. Thank you so much for everything. My visit here was amazing."

"I'm sure." She smiled warmly and flicked her eyes to Emmi.

"Thank you." I repeated. "For—"

She patted my cheek warmly. "You're welcome. Go to the dining room. Someone is waiting."

Emmi and I frowned but obeyed.

Nonna was sitting at the table sipping espresso.

"Nonna!" Emmi went over to hug and kiss her.

I smiled as I neared her too.

"Grazie, Nonna. Arrivederci." I smiled.

She crooked her finger at me, and I went to stand close by her.

"Thank you. Emmi happy. You back."

My eyes watered at her effort in speaking to me and her blessing. I nodded fervently. "Si Nonna. Grazie. Grazie."

I hugged her tightly and she hugged me back, clawing painfully into the side of my ribs.

When she gripped my hand in her hawk-hold, I felt something press into my hand. It was a small brooch. I looked down to see a silver flower a half an inch in width.

I frowned at it, then at her. I leaned to hug her hard again. I stood back up smiling then put the silver gardenia on the collar of my button down shirt.

I grinned at Nonna while she chuckled heartily.

"Grazie."

"Prego. She waved her hand, dismissing me. She got up, then went out the door without another word.

I turned to look at Emmi and she looked as equally as surprised as I felt.

We laughed shortly, then she traced the outline of the silver brooch.

"I tell you she like you." Emmi smiled.

"Huh. Well, I like her, too."

"Ready, Veek?" Tomas came out with a straw hat and his keys in his hand.

"Yes. Thank you, Tomas."

I hugged Elena goodbye, then she slapped my cheek affectionately.

I went to say a final goodbye to Emmi and she frowned as I neared her. "What you do?"

"Hugging you." I said in confusion.

"I go with you. Airport."

"Oh! Really?"

"Yes. Tomas? Is okay?"

"Yes! Okay." He said with a smile.

"All right!" I was over the moon.

We rode in the back of the car so we could hold hands.

As we got to the mouth of their private road, Feddi came up to the car on his bike.

"Veek!" He shouted.

I peeked out the window to greet him.

"Veek! I kiss her!"

"No! Good job, man! And?"

"She is my girl now!"

I stepped out of the car to hug him as he thumped my back.

"Smart girl! I'm very happy for you, Fed."

"I feel like smoking cigars and having whiskey!" He exulted.

I laughed. "Listen, get my number from Emmi. Call me, okay?"

"Yes! Thank you, Veek."

I scoffed and dismissed him. "I didn't do anything. You got grit, kid."

He smiled his huge smile at me.

"Bye, Feddi. See you later."

"Later!" He gave me one more hug, then hopped on his bike again. He followed the car a little bit, whooping wildly. We watched from the rear window, laughing at his antics.

"Stronzo pazzo..." Tomas muttered as he glared at Feddi in the rearview mirror.

We left him behind after a minute. My heart swelled as I exulted in his good fortune.

"Send me a picture of them, please?"

"Yes." She squeezed my hand.

We chatted with Tomas as we drove out to the airport. I felt our dwindling time with every mile — kilometre — whatever, but it was ending, and my heart thumped painfully.

We got to the Departures terminal. It was as empty as I'd remembered it when I arrived. It didn't even feel like an airport, everyone was moving at a leisurely pace.

I hugged Tomas after he unloaded my luggage. He smiled at me, then went to sit in the car to give Emmi and I a private moment.

"Bye." I looked at her face, committing it to memory as I rubbed my palms up and down her triceps.

"Bye, Veek. Call me plane lands."

"I will."

I grabbed her back tightly as she folded into me, pressing her pelvis into mine.

We kissed goodbye. Her lips slid over mine as naturally as if we'd been lovers for years. Every graze was a memory I'd cling to on lonely, cold nights. The gift of her affection was something that would make my heart glow all day and night.

She sucked my lower lip in as I flicked her upper lip with the tip of my tongue.

She shuddered in my arms, then suddenly separated to flash dangerous eyes at me. She gripped me to her and tucked her chin over the bend of my neck. I gripped her back just as tightly, my heart fluttering with emotion.

"Go." She pushed me away with a thick voice.

I kissed her cheek then forced myself away. "Talk later."

"Okay." She smiled tightly.

I looked back to see her hugging herself in the same exact spot I'd left her. I waved, then stepped in to the small airport.

I went through the motions of checking in, then sat at my gate.

All through every single layover, I sent her selfies, and she sent back hot pictures of her slurping on a fig or in her swimsuit. Even if it was the middle of the night for her, she texted back warm expressions.

I arrived at John F. Kennedy airport on Wednesday at seven in the morning. I waited at Arrivals, looking for my mom's car. The blue Honda pulled up to me, and she ran out to hug me.

"There's my baby girl!" She squealed.

"Hi mom!" I smiled widely as I hugged her.

"You're all in one piece! Really tanned, but look at you!"

"Ma'am. You have to get going." An officer came over to rush us.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" She went to get in the car while I loaded my stuff in the backseat.

We pulled away then had to focus on not crashing into anyone in the chaos.

Once on a freeway, she turned to grin widely at me.

"So?" She prompted. "How are you, dear? How do you feel? Why haven't you called me?" She ended her interrogation with a glare.

I chuckled. "I'm good! Feels good to be home! Um, I have been a little MIA for a few days, huh?"

"Yes! I was about to call the embassy to start a search."

"I, uh, sort of met someone."

"What?" She squealed again, squeezing my knee harshly.

"Yeah, she was — something else..."

"Tell me. Tell me!" She jumped in her seat.

I grinned and started at the beginning, how we met. I skipped the NC-17 parts.

She interjected in parts, interrupted for no reason just to share unrelated anecdotes, then almost crashed into the freeway divider in a particularly exciting part.

I finished up as we were driving into our suburb.

"I'm sorry, honey. She sounds like such a sweet girl."

"Yeah. But it would have been nuts to just drop everything for someone I'd just met." I was also trying to convince myself.

She hummed in assent. "It's nice you had a few days at least."

We pulled up to our building, then I took a long needed shower after the long trek through four different countries.

"Honey? What do you want to do today?" my mom shouted from downstairs.

"Hot dogs and booze!" I shouted back as I dried my hair.

"You got it!"

"Chinese?" I shouted uncertainly, waiting for her response.

"Both?"

"Yes?" I grimaced.

"I got you, baby girl!"

I pumped my fist in triumph. "Thanks, mom!"

She smacked loud kisses up the stairs, then I copied her.

I sat on my bed, then looked around, forlornly. I made the right decision in coming back and not doing something crazy. It felt fucking terrible, though. Stupid Shakespeare was clear on the consequences of losing ALL inhibitions. I thought about Mercutio, then stupid Juliet, then idiot Romeo.

The idea of romance is wonderful, but romance AND a long life is much better. Common sense led an over-thinker like myself to second guess my first inclination.

If I wanted Emmi, and she really wanted me, though, it could happen. It could happen...

I shook my head and started to unpack my clothes.

I heard my phone ping, then opened a message from my friend, wishing me a warm welcome, and simultaneously telling me I had Best Girl duties that weekend. I texted back saying I was excited to see him.

I got another message as I was on the couch with hot dogs, shrimp in lobster sauce, and old fashioneds.

I looked at my phone to see a WhatsApp message from Emmi.

EMMI: I miss you now.

I pouted, then immediately smiled, focusing on my little phone screen completely.

ME: I miss you, already, too. I'm home, finally resting. I go back to work next Monday. Back to the routine.

EMMI: Happy you safe

ME: thank you for messaging me. I wish I was there

EMMI: Me too

I pressed my lips together, and my fingers froze over my screen.

"Are you okay, honey?" My mom's voice cut through my melancholy.

"Yeah, it's Emmi." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Tell her to come visit immediately."

I smiled, then sighed, flopping back onto the couch, heavily. "Man, this sucks," I sighed out.

She rubbed my shoulder. "It'll all be okay."

I blinked at the opposite wall. I roused to send her a selfie of my mom and I eating to end on a positive note. My heart continued to be clutched in a vice grip, though, and every time my phone pinged my heart jumped.

The future looked good, maybe Emmi and I would be together again, maybe not; she was way too amazing to forget about either way.

A month later, we opened our books, her in Italy, me in New York. We now both had pressed gardenias, and I had a silver gardenia brooch, to commemorate our amazing three days together.