Summer Jobs, Some Are Not

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We stayed like that for a few moments. Erin excused herself first. "I need to clean up a little. You certainly made a mess of me. Both ends! Great work. I'll be right back, don't go anywhere!" She bounded off to the bathroom and I heard the water run as she cleaned up. I smiled at the thought of having made her a complete mess. Not bad for an old guy. I remembered that I had something else for her and sat up. I would clean up after she did and give her the present I had wrapped earlier.

I spent a few minutes in the bathroom, recovered the clothes I had left around and retrieved a small box about 8 inches long and an inch wide and high from the drawer in the desk. Erin, still nude lay in the bed, on top of the covers. She smiled and her eyes were half closed. Maybe they were half open. Either way, she was savoring that wonderful post-coital feeling. "I moved to this side. There seems to be a mighty large wet spot over there." The smile turned sly.

"I wonder how that happened. At any rate, here is a little more appropriate 'congratulations' gift. You can take this out in public." I handed her the box.

Her eyes opened. "Aw... You didn't have to do this. You have done so much already. And not just the sex. I mean getting me prepared, the job, the connection...all of it." She removed the paper wrapping and opened the box. "Oh, a pen and pencil set. Cross. Very nice. Thank you!" She sat up to hug me. "Thank you SO much!"

"Not just any set, Erin. That was the set I got for my first job back in the day. From a mentor who helped me get started on my career. Figured it had served me well, lots of creative ideas, a lot of good words still left in them. It will serve you well. I can't think of anyone who deserves them more." I took the hug that was offered.

"Very sweet. I'll make sure they make you proud, and I will think of you every time I write something with them."

I smiled. "Well, that may not be often since we write everything on our phones or computer these days. But they look good still. And bright shiny objects still can serve as a good distraction."

We talked a while and Erin decided to spend the night. It felt good to have the company. I hoped I didn't snore. Or snore too loudly, I was pretty sure I would snore some. In the morning I drove her home and grabbed some coffee from the convenience store on the way home.

I didn't see Erin for a while, but she called a couple days later to fill me on on her plans. She had given her notice at the diner and she would start in two weeks. She was moving into the city, but was going home for a week to get a few pieces of furniture. Her brothers were going to help her move. All seemed set for her.

I smiled after we talked. I'd still see her occasionally at the diner. She promised to let me know which weekend shift she had, I might even venture into the city to see her place. I would meet Tom at some point to go over a project and would be sure to see her office. And besides all that, I had a couple of excellent videos to watch and a pair of panties she had 'forgotten' from our congratulatory romp.

Once Erin had asked how to know if a position was good or not. I had told her that if you love what you do, it isn't work.

To sum it up, Summer jobs, some are not.