Sweet Venom Arc 03 Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's not your fault, Venner." Oxyi said softly. "You didn't ask him to become a smuggler, did you?"

Venner shook her head. "I... I know." A fresh wave of tears rolled down Venner's face. "I know, I know... He was just asking for so much, and I didn't want to disappoint him!" She was blubbering now, and looked up at Oxyi with a sad desperation. "He comes home in such a good mood! He's kind and funny and... he's so nice to me. If he doesn't go out, he's..."

"He's what?" Oxyi asked, concern washing over her face.

"He's just so... dismissive."

"...Okay." Oxyi sighed. Her gut was telling her that there was more going on than that, but Venner was starting to twist away; Oxyi could feel her closing off, and didn't think she'd get much more out of her than that. There was more to it though, she was certain. "Well, no-one deserves to be treated like that, much less by their own husband, Venner. I don't want you to let him manipulate you like that anymore. If he wants more money, he can bloody well earn it himself."

Venner nodded. Oxyi pulled a tissue out of her rucksack (she'd had the feeling they'd be needed) and gave it to Venner, who accepted it graciously and immediately blew her nose.

"But I don't want you to stress about sending any money into the savings fund right now, either. The first thing you're going to do, Venner, is buy yourself a new pair of shoes!"

"Y-Yeah?" Venner smiled weakly.

"Yep! In fact, let's go, right now!"

"N-Now? Haven't we gotta get back to work soon?"

"Oh yeah... well, as soon as we finish our shift, I am taking you shoe shopping, and I'm not taking no for an answer!"

"O-Okay." Venner replied, as the colour returned to her face a little. "L-Let's do that."

"Good! And you'll stop giving so much money to Robin, right? You promise?"

Venner looked uncertain, almost a little... afraid... but nodded.

"Hey, if he gives you any trouble, just come and find me, or Seeth, or any of us for that matter. We've got your back. I promise." Oxyi smiled, and patted her friend on the shoulder.

"Thanks, Oxyi." Venner smiled back. "I... I will."

If only it were that simple.