All Comments on 'Swimming in the Rubicon'

by HordHolm

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
HighpikeHighpike4 months ago

An excellent piece of writing, thank you.

SyzyguySyzyguy4 months ago

5* Beautifully written, beautifully paced. I don't need to know "what happened next" because what you have written here is complete in itself and, critically, you don't rush it. You are exploring those first steps (not her whole life) and you do that so, so well. You'll gather that I am impressed. Thank you for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Or, ya know...just divorce the husband and do it the right way...

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer4 months ago

Now that partial ending I could understand. What I didn't understand earlier was why she had stayed with Thierry for all those years when he was obviously a wasted space. It isn't as if he was the backbone of the family unit: he neglected the three kids, plus his wife and was piss-useless as a lover. So, why had she stayed?

She was lecturing at College and Thierry was a High School teacher. Time to make big changes. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Intelligent, great pacing and imagery

nixroxnixrox4 months ago

1 star - not my kind of story.

Using the TAG - swingers automatically relegates your story to a one-star rating anyway.

The woman should have just walked away - after cleaning out the bank and investment accounts. The idiot husband would not have bothered looking for her, and she would be free to do whatever she wanted to do.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now4 months ago

Excellent!

Yeah - this was an excellent first chapter in what could be an excellent story ... thank you!

ohioohio4 months ago

Very well done! I don't know whether you plan to continue this, which I would welcome. But it feels very complete as it stands. What an amazing fuckhead her husband is!

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thanks for the read.

While the storyline is not my cup of tea, the writing surpasses most on this site.

26thNC26thNC4 months ago

Not worth reading.

irinmikeirinmike4 months ago

Well written. I enjoyed the mental aspects.

ReadyOneReadyOne4 months ago

Very descriptive writing, without using lots of four letter words. You captured feelings, details, the phychology behind the actions.

Thank you! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

EastCoaster1EastCoaster14 months ago

This was a good story of a wife's sad discovery about her marriage, after many years - and a couple of kids - to find that she creaky didn't have one.

The slow learning that her self-denial was unneeded and unappreciated came to a head when she had the beginning of a journey to her future.

Well told, and 5 stars.

Ridiculous69Ridiculous694 months ago

Very long and very boring. Just seems to be overkill to tell a simple yarn.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous