All Comments on 'Tabitha Ch. 11'

by LaLaLady

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
*****

Five.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
missed this story

i love it! glad to read an update.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
WOW!!

OMG!!! This is so incredibly good. Your characters are so alive, real and oh, so passionate. I absolutely love your stories. I needed this today. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
ok

where have you been!? i've missed these two! 5/5 starts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Yay!

Just so you know, I'm commenting before I've read the story. Am very happy that you've decided to continue and now look forwarding to enjoying more of Wes and Tabby

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 13 years ago
I enjoyed this chapter

but I had to go back and read a few chapters to remember what was going on. Since there was such a long break, I had forgotten some of the details and a story isn't fun to read when you're confused. I hope you can post regularly this time around. Aside from that... I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
yay update!

so happy to finally see an update. love the stories, but why does tabitha have so much attitude? it seems unnecessary and stereotypical. she's educated; her sister is practically royalty - not all black women are head rolling, cursing, drama queens. this should be reflected in her speech and choices, but she comes off as slightly impetuous and rude. who get mad because their boyfriend missed them and travels overseas to tell them he loves them? totally contrived storyline. maybe you should just wrap up the story gracefully instead of dragging it out for another three years with silly conflict and subplots. you're a good writer, but this kind of silly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

imo, tabitha is not a "head-rolling, cursing, drama queen." maybe you are the one seeing the stereotypical behavior. there is a difference between being impetuous/rude and not letting someone off the hook for a lie of omission. a college education does not negate your ability to stand up for yourself or hold people to task when they've fucked up royally (oh, should i have not used that word since i've graduated from college?)

please note that tabitha was not mad but shocked by his surprise visit, partly because her sister is "practically royalty" and not exactly listed in the book and partly because he'd been out of touch for so long. she was mad about him not being up front with her who he was.

if you think the story is silly, contrived, and needs to end, don't read it anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Just happened to check in because I'm curious to see where this story is headed. To previous commenter, I cared enough to comment because the author is a good writer; I've been impressed with [most of] her work to date and I felt there were certain aspects of her most recent offering that were lacking (main character's attitude; simplistic, unnecessary drama; length of time between updates). Any criticisms or less than effusive reviews/observations are not necessarily meant to be mean-spirited.

HuckleberrySummerHuckleberrySummerabout 13 years ago
strange demographics

Two lesbians in a month? That's supposed to be a lot? What kind of sheltered, hetero world does this girl live in?

(Good story, though. Interesting characters, and I really appreciate Tabitha's strength)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous