Take Me, Tom Pt. 31-32

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She slapped my bum, and I was through. I dried myself off, shaved, and

preened myself. I walked naked back to our bedroom. Chrissie had already

laid out a shirt and tie for me. That little gesture touched me.

I slowly dressed, and was almost finished when Chrissie walked from the bathroom, her body glistening and smelling delicious. She walked over, and we embraced.

"You chose the perfect tie, Chrissie. Thanks," I sighed.

"Give me a minute, and I'll make your breakfast," she said. "I...I want to, Tom."

I smiled and whispered a quiet, "Thanks."

I went to the front room, and collected my loose paperwork, making certain I had everything. Chrissie walked out a few minutes later, her loose robe

hugging her body so suggestively.

I turned the TV on to Bloomberg to catch up on the morning news, and

chatted with her about what her plans were. I had left her a few suggestions of places to walk near the Wharf, in case she didn't want to venture too far.

"I don't know yet. It's so unusual to have a whole day, just to myself!" she giggled. "There's so much to see and do, so I'll find plenty of diversions, Tom."

"I'll keep in touch throughout the day. I have no idea when I'll be home, though. It could be three or even nine. I'll just have to wait and see how it all pans out.

Now, you do have sterling with you? If not, there are plenty of banks around here, but bring your passport, okay? And, here's my card, and pin. Use it, all right?" I asked. "Oh, here are a set of keys to this place. I don't want you hanging around in the lobby putting everyone off!" I laughed.

Chrissie smirked, and said, "Tom, thanks, but I have money, and cards. You keep yours. I won't be needing it," she sighed.

I just gave her a funny look, but deferred to her. I gave her one of my

business cards, with both numbers on it, just in case. I gave her Markus's

number, too. Just in case.

She cooked up a lovely Spanish omelette, with a slice of sourdough. This girl was good!

She was looking forward to her solo day around London. I wished I could

join her. I was pretty much set, so we hugged, and I kissed her goodbye. I headed out, asking her to call if anything happened.

I caught the Tube into work. It was still early, but I knew the majority of

people would be in. I walked through the doors that had been my home for the last two years, and wondered if I'd ever see them again. I'd miss them, if not.

There was a good deal of banter, hugs and 'welcome homes' from everyone. We were a tight-knit group. Jeremy came out from his office and, we shook hands heartily. He took me, and we sat in his comfortable chairs.

"So, where do we start?" he asked, smiling.

I gave him a detailed overview, with stops for tea, on what had been

accomplished in Chicago. I told him I was happy to be back but...He was fully read into what my future was. He was a wonderful support for me, saying that if I hated Chicago, I'd always have a place here. I talked about my timeline. I was a bit concerned that my personal life would not pan out in just six months. I broached the idea of, perhaps, a year away, and then returning? He didn't flinch. He said that was workable.

"The thing is, Jeremy, I've re-connected with someone from my youth. We're getting on exceptionally well. As a matter of fact, she's the woman who's here with me now."

"I was going to ask who she was," he smiled. "We knew you were bringing someone with you! When do we meet her? We need to be sure she's right for you!" he joked.

"Jeremy. She is," I sighed.

"Fuck me," he exclaimed. "Tom's in bloody love!" he laughed, raucously.

"Now, how are we connected to the Home Office? How easy would it be to arrange a work visa, if it came to that?" I asked, hoping for the best.

"Hmm. You have something you want to tell me?" he smiled.

"Yes, actually. Now, can we keep this private...for now? This woman has two children, also. They're part of this wonderful package," I said, surprised, and exasperated by what I was asking for. It sounded so much easier in my head!

"Boy, Tom! You don't do things by half, eh?" he laughed. "But yes, we do have contacts in the Home Office. Depending on what employment she was offered or looking for, they may, and I stress 'may', be able to help us out. Let's put that on the back burner until you have everything a bit more settled, okay? Now, Leaving paperwork? All sorted?" he asked.

"I have everything here, Jeremy. I can't believe I'm handing this to you. I...I love it here. You all know that, but I have this family situation that I cannot put off any longer. I'm still of two minds, actually," I snickered. "But yes, I have to do this. I'd like to grab someone, and have an in-depth handover of my clients, and what I'm working on. I'll call most of them, tell them I'm heading back, and introduce them to whomever you want to handle the accounts. I know I'm on holiday, but I want everything sorted, all right?" I asked.

"I know that, Tom. I can only say, I hope your family situation improves. We

all know this job isn't exactly conducive for families, but I'm happy you're

doing this for them. It says a lot about your character, Tom."

If only he knew, I thought. Fuck!

"If you would work with Lucy and Nigel, and bring them up to speed. They already know they'll be handling your accounts. I think they may have looked them over, but they'll need your more nuanced guidance. And thank you, Tom. You'll be missed here. I never thought our token American would leave us!" he laughed.

"Keep laughin', Jeremy. I may very well be back," I smiled.

"Let's hope so..."

We shook hands, and I went out and found Nigel and Lucy. We had worked together, so knew each other's capabilities. I was happy to hand my clients over to them. They were two of the most astute people on this floor.

There were so many of these people I'd truly miss. I had to tell myself that this change was for the best.

We spent the day going through each account, deciding who would be taking the lead, and arranging face-to-face meetings, hopefully within the next two weeks.

We stopped for a quick lunch, so I called Chrissie to see where she had ended up. She was at the Tate Modern, and was heading soon back over the river to St. Paul's, and then, perhaps, the Tower of London. She had a good mix going! A little culture, and a little sightseeing. She sounded so excited. I could only smile. I caught her up with work, and told her how nice everyone was to me. Not unusual, but still. Chrissie was going to find a restaurant, and call Emily, just to check in. I told Chrissie to give her my love. We said our goodbyes, and I returned to my files.

We made a list of people to call tomorrow. We'd set up a conference call so we could all take part. We had accomplished quite a bit today, Lucy and Nigel quickly grasping the complexities of several clients. We decided to call it a day around four. Jeremy called me in and we went over the removals people, and when they would be in.

Then I had to do something that damn near broke my heart. I corralled Ben, one of my best friends. Did he want to buy my car? The words stuck in my throat. He knew it, so didn't give me a hard time. He knew this was tough for me. There was to be no bartering. He was a friend. "How much?" he asked. I

said, "Seventy," and we shook hands, and then he hugged me, smiling. He

had lusted after this car ever since I had bought it. He would arrange the

bank transfer today, and collect it next week. He urged me to be careful with 'his' car for the next two weeks.

Fuck, I thought. NOW it's getting real.

I said goodbye to everyone, and headed out.

I took a long walk around the streets, and popped into a pub for a quick drink, and some solitude. I sat alone and slowly drank the pint.

What the fuck is going on in my life, I thought.

I knew I was going back to Chicago at some point, but didn't think it would hit me as hard as it was. This was tough.

I finished my drink, and headed for the Underground. I caught the train, and was home in ten minutes. I slowly walked to my building, a bit morose, but I guess that's to be expected.

Markus opened the door to me. We shook hands, and he asked how the day went. 'Good and bad', was all I could come up with.

I opened my door, and Chrissie was sitting by the window, reading and taking in the sun. She took one look at me, and slowly walked over, her arms around me.

"What's wrong, Tom. You look...upset? Is everything all right?" she asked, worried, as she had never seen me like this.

"Let's go for a walk?" I asked, as I put my briefcase down.

"Sure...sure, just let me grab a sweater. What's up, darling?"

She took my hand and we caught the lift, then headed outside towards the Quay. I was pretty quiet the whole way, worrying Chrissie, which wasn't my intention.

We sat down on an empty bench, and just sat quietly for a moment.

"It was a tough day, Chrissie. It all went so well. Jeremy and everyone were so welcoming. I began the transition of my clients then, Ben, my best friend, bought my car, and, stupid as it sounds, it all hit home. That...that I'm leaving here...and everything I've accomplished," I sighed, unhappily.

Chrissie was quiet. She just sat there, holding my hand and listening.

"I knew I was only here for a finite amount of time, but the reality of leaving here just hit me. I'm...I'm going to miss this place...and these people," I tried to explain.

"I get that, Tom. I do. I'm not surprised at your reaction though. You're a very loyal person, and the relationships you develop are deep. I know that of you. All I can really say is, that you will always have these people with you. Like a lot of us, you like the certainty of life. I'm sure you felt the same way leaving Chicago, right? And see what you've gained over the last two years? The friendship, the knowledge to further your career. But think what you're going back to. A company that loves you, respects you, and has invested so much in you. These last two years have shaped you, even more so, into the successful man you are. You're leaving on such a high point. I get that you feel you have unfinished business. You'll finish that in Chicago, though. That is...if you still want Chicago...and all that comes with it," she said, her eyes suddenly sad.

I took a deep breath, and thought about all that Chrissie had just said. Her head was on my shoulder, her arm tight around my waist.

"I'll just miss that fucking car...so much!" I laughed, my funk

suddenly evaporating.

"You're such an ass," she smiled, and slapped my chest. "C'mon. Let's walk, okay?"

She took my hand and we walked along the Thames, sailboats bobbing by,

the sun glistening off the choppy water. I took a deep breath.

"You okay now?" she asked, sweetly.

"Absolutely, darling. Thank you," I said, and embraced her deeply, my lips kissing hers. "Thank you, darling. I...I needed that."

"I thought as much, as soon as I saw you, Tom. I knew you weren't right," she said. "As long as you're better now?" she asked, again.

"All better, darling. Just a little reality check, that's all. It's time to leave here. We have places to go and things to do," I smiled. "So? Today? Tell me all about it! Hungry? We can go over there and sit outside, all right?" I asked, and we walked over and grabbed a

table.

We had menus, and drinks, in no time, and Chrissie began telling me about

her day.

Chrissie POV

Tom had just left for work, looking so good! God, that man! Why did he look so beautiful to me? I shrugged my robe off, looking at myself in his full-length mirror. [Not too bad, I thought] I ran my hands over my breasts, remembering how my Tom lavished his tongue over them. I felt a little quiver in my, uh, nether region. Just thinking of my brother sent my body shuddering. [No time for self-pleasure now, I thought.]

I pulled out my light-blue summer dress from the wardrobe space I had stealthily commandeered from Tom. He didn't really mind, did he? A girl needs to feel good, so I looked at the lingerie Tom had kindly bought me. I chose the light blue set, to match my dress. Color coordination is a must! I pulled out a pair of thigh-high stockings, too. Shoes? I thought I'd go for the quirky, but to me, sexy, sneakers.

I brushed my hair, still loving the copper-red look I had decided on. Tom certainly loved it, too! A bit of pale red lipstick, bag in hand and I was set.

I had my map, and help from Markus, if truth be told, so I headed for the Tate Modern, a place I had always wanted to see. It lived up to every expectation. I loved the Rothko's and Pollacks they had on display. I found more than a few artists, and photographers, so made my notes! I loved being on the Underground. I felt so...part of London! I had to make several strategic changes, but I was getting the hang of this Tube system! I spent ages in the Tate.

Although I love Early, Mid Century works, I love how they mix these with the

modern. I'm not sure if Tom would appreciate it though. Em definitely would! They were setting up a new exhibit, unusual to be doing so during the day, but I went over, introduced myself and told them where I was from, and asked probably too many questions! They were so nice, and indulged me, or at least that's the way I took it!

I had a call from Tom, around lunchtime, I think. It was wonderful to hear his voice, so full of life and love. I headed out and found a nice little restaurant and had a light lunch, not knowing what time Tom would be in. I did get some appreciative looks from people,though. Maybe they had never seen a single woman dining alone! Well, not really single.

I followed my map over the Millennium Bridge which was fabulous. I stood in the middle, and smiled to myself. I was REALLY in London. I know a lot of tourists get blasé about a place. How could you ever be here?

You cannot miss St. Paul's, so I took even more photos, sending

them to Em, mom and dad. I thought they would be a nice surprise

when they woke. I was tempted to send them to Tom, but could just hear him groan with every interruption to his day. I'm sure he would have smiled, too, but held off bothering him. There would be plenty of time tonight to, uh, bother my Tom.

I did an awful lot of window shopping, looking for something special for Tom. I found another little café so popped in for a drink, and called Em. It was so exciting to hear her voice. She had barely woken but forgave me. We missed each other, true, but hearing her voice just cheered me up. I didn't mention Tom's crisis of conscious. I had a feeling that, soon enough, we'd be at that particular bridge.

"So, Chrissie. How's it really going with Tom, eh? I miss our private chats," she said, anxious for any gossip.

"Truthfully, Em? I'm...I'm more in love with him now! He's just so...well, everything I've missed...in a man. He's everything I knew he would be, sweetie. Attentive, caring, smart, funny, quick and sexy as fuck, sweetie. This guy is doing things that are, well, indescribable. Em, I miss you. Truly. The more time I spend with him, the more I want the three of us. Always, Em. It's so hard to explain. I want you here, darling. Now. With us. I know he's so

protective of you. He's also worried about you, Em. He genuinely cares for you. I can tell," I tried to explain.

"I could tell, Chrissie. Just from the way you are with each other. I think it's

beautiful, Chrissie. I miss you both desperately, too, but I'm keeping busy

so...Oh, David is insisting on selling the house. We'll split the equity 50/50. We'll have to pay off the mortgage, but will leave me with a bit to use as a downpayment somewhere. It won't be like this place, but that doesn't bother me. I really do not want to be here any longer than possible. You'll help me look for a new house though? Please? Say you will?" she harassed me,

lovingly.

"Of course, I will. We both will, Em! Don't worry about that, all right? Okay, time for you to go to work! We'll call later. I'm thinking of you, Em. Love you, sweetie!" I sighed, and we hung up.

I felt a mix of emotions hanging up. I ordered another cup of coffee, and thought about what she had just said. Em's moving out. She needs a place to stay? Hmmm?" I thought.

I finished, paid my bill, and headed out onto my next London site! I headed back towards the Thames, and walked along for a while, checking my watch. I had time to go to the Tower of London, which wasn't too far from Tom's. I

caught yet another Tube, getting off at Tower Hill, and walked out into the

brilliant sunshine, still! Everyone said it rains all the time in London! Humph!

I spent the best part of an hour and a half, and probably didn't see it all. I was beginning to understand Tom's interest in medieval Britain. Of course, I had an envious look at the Crown Jewels and the ravens! I felt like such a tourist!

I decided to head back to Tom's, and safely navigated my way. I was getting good at this! I talked with Markus for a bit, and caught up with his day, then headed upstairs. It felt strange to be unlocking Tom's front door without him there, but also good.

I kicked my sneakers off, and made a cup of coffee. I sat and looked over the skyline of the city, relaxed and happy. I couldn't wait to share it with Tom.

I heard the key in the door, and saw Tom walk in.I had such a wonderful day, but, as soon as I saw him, I knew something was wrong. I just had this sense. I saw how despondent he was, and it broke my heart. I couldn't imagine what had happened. He asked if we could take a walk. My heart was beating so fast. What had happened? I slipped my shoes back on, and we headed out.

We took a walk, and when he explained it all, I felt a bit, well,

insecure. Maybe he didn't really want us, Chicago and the life we could have. Perhaps, he still wanted his free-wheeling bachelor days in London.

After he talked through his crisis, I knew all was well. When he joked about missing his car, I knew he was fine. I did hit him though!

I told him about my day as we had our dinner. It was so lovely to be sitting outside, the place crowded, and the sun shining on us.

I told him I had talked with Em. He was interested to hear what was going on with her. I told him they were selling the house, and splitting the monies fifty-fifty.

"How soon is this happening?" Tom asked.

"Well, as David's in real estate, probably not that long. As soon as it goes on the market, if the buyers have their money ready, maybe two months," I said.

"What's she going to do then? Buy? Rent?" he asked.

"Well, she's asked me to help her look for a place, so I assume she'll buy

somewhere. They have quite a bit of equity built up, so she should be fine," I

said, deathly afraid to broach my idea.

"Hmmm," Tom murmured.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Tom?" I said, my eyes smiling, and my heartbeat rising.

"Probably," he whispered. "I know what you're thinking...and I don't think it would work...yet. It's too early for me, Chrissie. I still need to get this sorted. It's all going too fast. I, and I think we, need to slow down and let this thing evolve, whatever this 'thing' is. I think it would be a huge mistake," he told me, the hurt rising on my face. "Let's kick this around, all right? It may not be doable, with where we're at right now. She may not even want to. You have to think of that, okay? Let's just calm down, and think this through, all right?" he said, and I smothered his face again with my lips. Sure, I embarrassed him, but so what!

Our drinks were drained, so we ordered two more.

We slowly ate, both of us trying to calm down from this news.

Everything seemed to be back on track.