Taking Care of Family Pt. 03

Story Info
Tom's relationship with Carrie gets complicated.
1.7k words
4.53
16.8k
20
0

Part 3 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/22/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 3 - Things Get Complicated

I spent the rest of the day at home trying to act normally, but Mom could see something was bothering me. "Are you okay?" she asked.

"Huh? Yeah, sure," I said with a forced smile.

Her look said she didn't believe me. Taking a different tack, she asked, "How are things going with Carrie. Are you able to help her?"

I refocused myself and replied, "Oh, yeah. It's all taken care of. I think I shut down the person who was trying to blackmail her for good."

"Did you ever find out who it was?"

"No, but I figured out what they did. It wasn't all that sophisticated," I answered.

"Hm. I'm sure Carrie's relieved and is feeling better now. Thank you for helping her. You have no idea how hard it was for her to even tell me about what happened, much less share it with you. I told her you were the smartest person I knew when it comes to computers and cyber-stuff," Mom said.

Suddenly feeling modest and a little flustered by her praise, I smiled. "Thanks, Mom. I love you."

"I love you too," she replied and gave me a hug. As we held each other, her body suddenly seemed frail and thin in my arms. I briefly noted the pressure of her breasts against my chest, but my mind quickly shifted the scene to when I was holding Carrie against me and how comfortable and warm she seemed.

Mom finally broke me out of my reverie by letting go. "I need to start fixing dinner," she explained as she turned back to the kitchen. "Everything should be ready in an hour, so don't go anywhere."

"Okay," I replied. I went to my room and logged in to the blackmailer's email account to see what was going on. I found very little activity there and it didn't look like they had done anything more to anyone else. I tried hacking into the computer's I had infected with the ransomware program, but they were still locked down and I took that as a good sign.

It was almost 7pm when Carrie called me on my cell phone. "Can you come over now?" she asked hesitantly.

Surprised, I told her, "Sure. Is everything alright?"

"I think so. I'll see you in a bit," and then she hung up.

I found my mother and told her that Carrie called and asked me to come over. Mom's face immediately grew concerned. "Is she okay? Did something happen?"

"I don't know. She said she was fine," I told her truthfully.

"Do I need to come with you?" Mom asked as she started to get up from the couch.

"Oh, no. I don't think so," I said quickly.

She slowly sat back down still looking at me closely for any sign of what was going on. "Call me if there's a problem," she requested.

"I will," I assured her, and then headed out the door to Carrie's home.

When I got there, Carrie opened the door before I could knock and stepped back to let me in. She was behind the door as it opened and it wasn't until I was inside and she started to close it that I saw her in a very nice nightgown. The lighting in the house was dimmed and it was silent except for the sounds of soft music playing somewhere in the living room.

Our gazes locked and we stood silent for a moment. I was trying to understand what was happening and she was apparently trying to build up her courage to continue with what she had planned.

"Wow!" I finally said. "You look beautiful."

Carrie smiled, uncertain of how else to respond. "Thank you." She moved closer and took my hands in hers. "I guess you've been thinking about this afternoon."

I nodded, my eyes never leaving hers.

"I haven't thought of anything else," she admitted. "I came up with a dozen reasons not to do this, but when I was honest with myself, they were more excuses than reasons. The fact is, when you kissed me, I hadn't felt so much joy in a very long time. But, before I go any further, I need to know your intentions and if you even want to pursue this further."

I stood looking at Carrie for a few seconds as I tried to compose my own thoughts. When she started looking concerned by my lack of response, I quickly told her, "You've caught me a little off-guard. You're right about me thinking of this afternoon ever since I left here. I tried to honestly answer what I felt about you and what kind of relationship I wanted to have with you, if any. "

I took a deep breath and then continued, "I don't know if I'm in love with you or not. I've never been in love with a girl before, but I do know that I feel closer and more attracted to you than anyone else in my life, except my mother." I realized how that must have sounded almost as soon as I said it and saw Carrie suppress a smile. "I don't mean I'm attracted to my mother," I quickly tried to clarify myself. "I mean, I love her and everything, but I don't feel physically attracted to her like I do to you." Now, I was just jabbering. And I knew deep in my heart that I was finding Mom physically attractive and even had thoughts that I knew were not appropriate or socially acceptable, but there was no way I was telling Carrie about that.

"I know what you meant," she said quietly to help me out.

"As for my intentions, I haven't even thought that far ahead!" I concluded. "I'm new to all this kind of stuff and just winging it as I go along. I don't know what you want or expect from me." As soon as I finished talking, my eyes drifted down her body and I finally took in what she was wearing and how beautiful and sexy she appeared.

She must have watched me looking at her scantily clad frame, because when she spoke up and I looked back into her eyes, her whole face was smiling. "What I expect from you is honesty, respect, and discretion. What I want is a man who will love me and my children fully and unconditionally. That's an awful lot for me to ask from you at this point in your life. You've barely started adulthood and have a lot to explore and experience, so I'm not going to ask you to give up those possibilities just to be with me."

"So, here's the thing. I'm not looking for a one-night stand or even a friends-with-benefits kind of relationship. Those are too tawdry for me. I'm offering you true friendship, first. We don't have to go any further on a physical relationship and I would be quite happy knowing you as a good friend. If you do want to include a physical relationship to our friendship, then you need to understand that I will commit myself to you and insist that you give me the same kind of respect. I won't be your 'booty call' and if you need more than I can give you, then our relationship will end right away." Carrie waited to see my reaction before proceeding.

"So, my question is still, what are your intentions?" she asked.

We were still holding hands as I looked down at her upturned, oval face in the dim light of her foyer and she patiently waited for my reply. I thought through what she had said and reviewed my own thoughts and feelings trying to fully understand them.

Finally, I reached a conclusion. "As much as I want to make love to you right now, I don't think either one of us knows that much about the other to make the kind of commitment you describe. We've known each other for a little more than one week and it hasn't been under anything like normal circumstances, so our basis of understanding is very limited. I came over here this evening not knowing what to expect. What I was most afraid of was losing you completely and frankly, I spent most of my time trying to prepare myself for that eventuality. Knowing that I haven't lost you is a huge relief to me and I'm still trying to assimilate that. What I didn't expect was to find you standing here dressed like that and prepared to offer more than friendship. I'm still coming to grips with that. Regardless of what happens after tonight, I'll always think kindly and lovingly about you, and I'm sure I'll still fantasize about you, too," I said with a grin.

Carrie smiled at my last comment. "So, you fantasize about me?" she commented with a raised eyebrow.

"Only in the most sexually stimulating way," I assured her with a laugh. Then, becoming serious again, I continued. "I'm sure I'll regret saying this, but how about we postpone any decisions on the physical part of our relationship and revisit them at a later date after we've both cooled off a little and gotten to know each other better?"

Carrie smiled again. "That's the most kind and mature rejection I've ever had. I'm liking you more and more already."

"Oh-ho! I'm not rejecting you at all. It's all I can do to keep from ripping your clothes off right now and ravishing you!" I responded with a matching smile. "You should consider my comment as protection, not rejection of you."

"Hmmmm. That's a novel way of looking at things. What if I told you I lied and the only thing I want to do is take you in my bedroom and fuck your brains out?" she countered.

"I'd say I didn't know you as well as I thought, because that's the last thing I would have expected from you."

"C'mon," Carrie said as she started dragging me towards the back of the house. "It's time you learned more about me!"

"What about your kids?" I protested as I let her pull me along.

"They're with their father all month, so we have the place to ourselves. By the way, my neighbors are both half-deaf, so you don't have to be quiet in bed," she said with a wicked smile.