All Comments on 'Taming a Brat'

by shadysweet

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
MigbirdMigbirdalmost 2 years ago

A lot packed into a few “pages” — both storyline and quite a few characters. So not easy to follow on a first read and just scratching surface in character development (even Olivia), but find your pieces intriguing so follow your work while cautiously on board for next chapter. Cautious because the first paragraph suggests a genre that does not appeal to me, but that is my issue not yours. You say you really like the MCs, so let’s see where this goes.

TalonDCTalonDCalmost 2 years ago

I just read a story series like this - stoic perfect rich Dom keeps his distance from playtime at his clubs then he discovers the brat he's been dreaming about in the shelter program he runs for abused subs. I hope you can find your own take and I wish you well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Great start

Good job so far! Please continue this story. Don’t see a lot of love and romance in the bdsm category and I am curious to see if Owen and Olivia develop a loving relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Similar to the comment from Migbird S&M isn’t my kink, again though that’s my issue not yours. Absolutely loved this story, it’s very well written and does indeed pack a hefty punch touching on some difficult topics. I’m firmly of the opinion that low self esteem is something of a hazard for submissives, sadly it can lead easily to situations like the ones you described. This looks set to be a very powerful story.

Thanks for sharing

Tess (uk)

shadysweetshadysweetalmost 2 years agoAuthor

@Migbird: I agree there is a lot packed into just the first chapter. But later chapters will reveal lots of things and make everything make more sense. I like the sense of unknowing, ya know? lol. Anyways, this maybe looked different in my head, as the rating is so low. :( I was so excited for this one, and still am honestly. Maybe the second chapter will be better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I actually loved this. And I don't usually dig stories that have no sex and I still really got into this. Wow. Can't wait for chapter 2!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Vaguely reminds me of How to Tame a Brat, which very unfortunately got pulled for publication before I could finish reading it. Promising but densely packed. Drama, mental health, clubs, abuse, all at beginning. A good effort, so 5 stars to encourage more. More background/world building would help here.

RedPhoenix40RedPhoenix40almost 2 years ago

Very intrigued to see what happens next. Loved the flow and the stream of information that leaves one excited for more. Can't wait for chp 2!

shadysweetshadysweetalmost 2 years agoAuthor

@anon This does remind me of How to Tame a Brat a bit, but definitely different too. You can pay for How to Tame a Brat on Smashwords. Search it up or search Lindsay Murray.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is eerily similar to How to Tame a Brat by Lindsay Murray, who's full book is published.

shadysweetshadysweetalmost 2 years agoAuthor

@anon Maybe similar but very different.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I see people are trying to say your copying HOw to Tame a Brat? Not in the slightest is it the SAME, maybe similar with the adoption program, but that's about it. In How to Tame a Brat, they have visions and invisible friends, etc. This is more realistic and the flow is amazing. Don't listen to the haters, I see lots of potential and NO plagiarism here. There are COUNTLESS books adapted from other books etc. that are similar but different all the same. Keep writing more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

can’t wait for more

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

More please!!!

LindsayMurrayLindsayMurrayalmost 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing your wirk, shadysweet. I'm glad you enjoyed my book and that it inspired you. I would appreciate a note somewhere in your story or profile that it was *inspired* by my book, as that's what you said in your Goodreads review of my novel.

For anyone who has an issue with this story: I agree it is similar. West vs Weston, Cat vs Kat, visions etc. But some of the best writers started off writing fan fiction, and it is valid in its own right. To be fair, I've written stories that were inspired by other people's work. That's the magic of inspiration.

shadysweetshadysweetalmost 2 years agoAuthor

@LindsayMurray I will absolutely share that I was inspired by your work. I love the new name btw! Took me a minute to find it though, I was so scared I wasn't able to find it at first. Lol.

Anyhow, thank you so much for your comment and your thoughts! This is most definitely fanfic of Ashes of Sin and Stardust. I fell in love with it from chapter one. It inspired me to write Taming a Brat, which I wasn't even going to continue due to me starting to feel uncomfortable, but now I feel I should continue. Thank you thank you thank you! :)

Will527Will527over 1 year ago

Your writing reflects the torment Olivia went through and the hope she was feeling when she first met Owen. Very well written!

Mandyg0208Mandyg020811 months ago

I love this story already and relate so much to Olivia that it brought tears to my eyes when it was revealed she struggles with BPD. I also have BPD and am trying to find a Dom for the same reasons. Thank you for that!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usershadysweet@shadysweet
An average girl that loves writing average stories. Short stories are my favorite to write. Although, I do like writing chaptered novels as well. I have two dogs named Marley and Kato, and two cats named Theo and Sassy. They are my life. I also love critique, blunt and honest.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES