All Comments on 'That's What Friends Are For Ch. 02'

by Chagrined

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
It's always good to see something new from an old friend!

You did a good job of reducing the usual reasons and excuses for cheating to meaningless clichés. You must have some good friends in your life to be able to come up this story. Very few people care to get involved directly in someone else's pain. It's just too uncomfortable. I will be looking for more stories from this kid, "Chagrined" Keep posting!

You do know that Ohio may find this posting and use his considerable influence to have you excommunicated after placing your head on a pike and placing it on Lit's home page. Seriously, I think he will like it!

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 4 years ago
Well HDK

He has to read it in non-erotic first ... what is that sound? Oh yes, crickets!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I liked it

Heck HDK liked it so it must be good. I would like to see more along this line. A good friend would not do just a "drive by". He or she would stay with it as a sounding board IF the couple or one of them got serious. Long winded way of saying "your not done yet". This set of stories calls for more.

Thank you for two very interesting stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellent. *****

This story goes right to heart of the problem in any case of infidelity between a couple. The marriage is dead. 6 feet under, never to return. The only way forward is to accept that. There's only two options to commit two if either wants to remain sane.

(1) Divorce and move on.

(2) Accept the marriage is dead and mourn for its loss. Perhaps even have a funeral for it. Because that marriage is never coming back.

And if the offended partner has the strength for it and has the emotional fortitude it would require, then they could 'potentially' create an entirely marriage together to commit to.v

'Potentially' that is.

I really liked this story and felt it deserves a higher score. I give it 5 stars. My only complaint is I would have loved to see how this author (who did a terrific job here) would have continued with a chapter 3 and perhaps a chapter 4.

Artie88Artie88almost 4 years ago
Author diatribe...

Trust once broken... yada yada yada

Really??? that is the best the author can come up with????

The two husbands was the best, but he didn't press that.

Rebuilding or building a new relationship is the only route, but that should not be viable with a husband who has any self-respect whatsoever.

Best advise for both spouses would have been to MOVE ON.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Non-Erotic?

Yep. Not the most frequented category for sure! In this case, also not inappropriate although much of the target audience will be missed.

.

I like the "cutting to the quick" and blowing away the clutter of cliches regarding the pseudo analysis most LW stories trot out. The old marriage really has been burnt to the ground. IMO, the revelations in these two chapters fit nicely with the divorce-and-later-reuniting plot we see so often in LW. In that case, a full, clean break is required to enable the protagonists to build a fresh marriage on the foundation of love that remains from the toasted relic. (Like in real life, not every case has the same input or output.)

.

Welcome back Chagrined!

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
PTSD + CBT

Author I understand the passion that makes it impossible to reread and correct errors, cos I have been there after opening a letter adressed to my wife. Nothing proved you understand. I was only at home that day because I had been injured. Why did I open that envelope? It looked like the kind that contains a bill. 3 months of CBT ended my half hearted suicide attempts and enabled me to recognise my need to be stop letting my wife emotionaly abuse me. Many years later we have a marriage that is better and stonger than ever. My problem had been looking to my wife for the support that only our wonderful saviour and friend Jesus can give.

James G 5James G 57 months ago

A good friend would have told them to divorce. There's no hope.

Even assuming they patch it back up, he would always be miserable and she would cheat again.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

If the MC and his wife truly wanted to help two of their best friends deal constructively with the aftermath of her affair, they could have shared their own story of having coped with marital infidelity. Of course, this would require courage and a willingness to be vulnerable to criticism and shame. Ahh...perhaps they were not such good friends after all.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userChagrined@Chagrined
Vet, former Airborne, LEO and all around sweetheart of a guy. Not fond of Cucks, cuck stories, idiots or people who don't habla. I prefer stories that have a degree of introspection to them as straight "pound" stories leave me limp. When I critique it is because I actually wa...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES