All Comments on 'The 750 Word Project 2021 - Coming Soon'

by Literotica

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
rawallacerawallaceover 3 years ago
Word Count Clarification

Does the word count include the title? I assume it is meant to mean the body of the work, not the title or author's name, etc.

JuniorPistachioJuniorPistachioabout 3 years ago
Word Count (rawallace)

From what I gather, the story can have a preface section which is not part of the word count. There needs to be a separator line between preface and the story, such as +++++++, so whoever or whatever does a count knows where the story begins. Some authors have the preface font set to italics to further distinguish it from the story.

A good way to do this is to upload the story as a .docx or .rtf file so the fonts can be retained. BTW, Wordpad can be used to create a rtf (Rich Text Font) file.

Take a look at some of the 750 word stories already posted to get better idea of what I am trying to say. Not all will have a preface.

My first story is in moderation at this moment. I'll soon know if I did it right. Wish me luck.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLiterotica@Literotica
Hello world! The 2024 Literotica Special Contests Schedule is here: https://forum.literotica.com/threads/author-organized-challenge-list-2024-updated-jan-23.1601234/ The 2024 Literotica Author-Organized Challenge List is here: https://forum.literotica.com/threads/author-orga...