The Affair Ch. 01: Flirtation

Story Info
Walter meets a new coworker and they start to flirt.
1.7k words
4.19
3.7k
5
0

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 02/07/2024
Created 09/20/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This series is a prequel to "Making Amends." It recounts the affair that led to the consequences in "Making Amends."

The Affair: Chapter 1 -- Flirtation

Walter stood up from his desk and stretched his lanky 6 feet tall frame. He needed to clear his mind for a few minutes so that he could finish the monthly report before tomorrow's deadline. He liked to walk over to the small conference room and gaze out the window at the view of the city whenever he felt that his brain was about to overload. The panoramic always helped to reduce his stress and focus his mind. As he approached the conference room, he noticed through the textured glass wall that someone was sitting there.

As he opened the door to the conference room, a beautiful woman looked up at him from her laptop computer. He did not recognize her. She had a gorgeous face with piercing blue eyes and a bright smile. Her dark brown hair was shoulder length and slightly curly. "Hello, I'm Walter. I do not believe we have met."

The woman rose from her chair and extended her hand. "Hi, I'm Veronica, but everyone calls me Ronnie. I just started last week. I'm the new statistician." Veronica was about 5 feet, 3 inches tall and petite. She appeared shapely, although it was hard to tell because of the loose floral print dress she was wearing.

"Oh great. It's nice to meet you. I was wondering if I could just sit here for a few minutes and relax. I find the view of the city from this vantage point captivating and it helps me focus my thoughts and recharge my brain."

"Of course. Feel free. I'm just finishing up the remainder of my new hire paperwork. I think the HR manger must have majored in tedium in college." Ronnie chuckled as she said that. "And I agree with you this view is magnificent."

"Thanks. And I agree with you. HR paperwork can be tiresome," Walter replied while stifling a laugh himself. "I'll just sit over here and let you finish up. I promise not to disturb you."

"Oh no, you're not disturbing me. I could use a break from trying to fill out these monotonous forms. Come sit next to me. I have so many questions about how this office functions."

They sat together and Walter explained the ins and outs of the office politics. The whole time rather than gazing out the window to take in the cityscape, Walter was staring at his newfound colleague. He was enchanted by her lilting voice and enthralled by her beauty.

"You seem to be enjoying the view," Ronnie said.

Walter realized he had been caught gawking at her and blushed. "Oh, sorry. My apologies. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. It's just that you are quite lovely," Walter stood up and turned toward the door to leave. "I should really get back to work. I've taken up too much of your time already."

"Why, thank you. Please don't be embarrassed. I was only teasing you. It feels good to be appreciated," Ronnie replied. "I hope to see you again. And soon."

Walter used her response to turn the discussion back towards work. "And you will, I am sure. I have a project that is backed up because the previous stats person left over a month ago and I haven't been able to have my results verified. I'll definitely be calling you once you are settled in." Walter felt better ending their interaction on a work-related point and went back to his office.

"Well, he is an interesting, and attractive, fellow," Ronnie thought to herself. "This new position could turn out better than I expected."

Over the next ten days Walter kept ruminating about meeting Veronica and their brief conversation. She was a stunning woman. She had an outgoing personality and was easy to talk to. He wanted to get to know her better, but he didn't want to seem too forward. He was married after all, and he didn't want to compromise his marriage. Although, he had to admit that his relationship with his wife, especially their sexual relationship, had started to become perfunctory, and frankly boring. He did need the assistance of a statistician in the project he was working on and she was the new one. So, he had to work with her. But he was conflicted. He could imagine himself getting involved with her. Sexually. Romantically. "This is probably just me having the typical midlife crisis," he thought. "Just an innocent fantasy. I can, I will, control myself and work with Veronica in a professional manner."

Walter finally got up the nerve to seek out Veronica. He needed to finish this project and he needed her expertise for the projections. He knocked on the door to her office, opened it slightly, and poked his head in. "Hello there. I hope I'm not disturbing you but I need to finish up this project and I need a stats guru to corroborate my projections. Can I leave this thumb drive with you? I don't need the final results until next week."

Veronica looked up from her desk and smiled. "I can get to it later today. Why don't you come back at the end of the day and I'll give you my impression then."

"That would be excellent," Walter responded. "I'll see you in a few hours."

When Walter returned Veronica was not sitting behind her desk but at her computer workstation. "Oh, hi," she beamed. "Come sit next to me and we can go over these projections. I only made a few minor adjustments. You really are quite proficient. I'm not sure you really needed me."

After they finished reviewing Walter's project, they started chit-chatting about work, the weather, their hobbies, and life in general. Walter was mesmerized by her conversational style and broad range of knowledge. He noticed that she had slipped off one of her shoes and had begun to gently rub his leg with her stockinged foot. "You really are a delightful woman," Walter said.

"Indeed," Veronica replied. "You are quite enjoyable yourself. I am free this evening. Why don't we go grab a quick cocktail to celebrate completing your project, and our newfound friendship?"

Walter readily agreed and suggested that they meet up at the Green Door. This was a local pub about one block from the office. Coworkers from the office would frequently meet there for drinks to celebrate accomplishments and birthdays. Walter went back to his office to log out of his computer and texted his wife to tell her that he would be late getting home tonight. He then proceeded to the pub.

The Green Door was a seedy looking tavern from the outside. Inside, it was nicely appointed and was always dimly light. There was usually classic rock playing, a little too loudly. It served inexpensive drinks made with top shelf liquor and it had a wide assortment of craft beers. It was a good meeting place. Veronica had picked a booth in the back where they could not easily be seen. She had ordered a daiquiri and was sipping her drink when Walter arrived.

As Walter entered the bar, he looked around trying to see if she had already arrived. He spotted her waving at him and he walked over to the booth and sat next to her. It looked as if she had freshened her makeup and her blouse was more unbuttoned than it was in the office. Her cleavage was prominently visible now. Walter had never noticed her bosom before, but it appeared that she had ample breasts. When the waitress came by, Walter ordered a dry gin martini. "Thank you again, Veronica, for all of your help with my project report. I don't think I could have completed those calculations without your help."

"First, stop calling me Veronica. Call me Ronnie. The only person who uses Veronica is my mother," she giggled. "And second, you were most of the way there in your estimates. They just needed a little fine tuning."

The conversation moved on to how Ronnie was adjusting to the office and Walter advised her on the office politics -- who were the movers and shakers, who to avoid, how to interact with and influence the powers that be. They both finished their first drinks and decided to have a second round since they were enjoying themselves so much. Their banter became more personal and suggestive as the effects of the alcohol took hold.

Ronnie snuggled up close to Walter and began to rub his knee. "You really are an attractive man and a delight to talk to. We should make this a regular thing," she cooed.

"I would enjoy that. I find you delightful as well, and also quite beautiful ... and sexy."

As they continued to converse Ronnie's massaging drifted further up Walter's thigh. He was becoming aroused and his dick was becoming engorged and erect. "You know, you probably shouldn't be doing that," Walter sighed.

Ronnie smirked. "Why? Do you find it annoying? I'm just trying to help you relax." Her hand gently glided over his crotch and she could feel his hard dick. "Besides you seem to be enjoying it."

Walter softly moaned and put his arm around her. "Yes, I am enjoying it. But I am married, you know. You are quite the temptress, aren't you?"

Ronnie leaned into Walter's embrace and laid her head upon his shoulder. "No, not a temptress. Not at all. I am just a lonely woman in a new job. Trying to make some new friends. And from that first time I met you in the conference room, you seemed very friendly." Ronnie then grasped Walter's cock and breathed, "You can put this anywhere you want."

Walter's eyes widened at her boldness. "Anywhere?" he croaked.

"Anywhere," she retorted. "But for now, I really must be going." With that she gave his dick one last squeeze. She kissed him on the lips with just a small amount of tongue. She stood up and faced him, smiled and adjusted her boobs inside her blouse, and turned to leave. "I'll see you back at the office, kiddo."

Walter just stared at her retreating backside. "She even has a great ass," he thought to himself.