All Comments on 'The Alternate World of Literotica'

by Algonquin Twit

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
Phxray54Phxray54over 13 years ago
My dearest AT,

Bravo. What would you expect from an anonymous readership that salts their food before tasting it? Those of us who are not creative or courageous enough to submit our work salute you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Pleases

In our bipolar world, one can please one while at the same time making another one irritated and angry. Comments to Lit authors reflect this divisiveness. The comments (and the stories) are free and worth what you pay for them. Thanks for your essay. It was fun.

estragonestragonover 13 years ago
Take a Lesson from the Quarterbacks

If you're nervous, run a quarterback draw on the first play from scrimmage. After a tackle and a linebacker try to decapitate you, and you wake up on the ground still breathing and able to wiggle your toes and fingers, get up and play the damn game. Same with the One squad; they'll be stuntin' and blitzin' and trying all kinds of bullshit to put you off your game. Fuck 'em! (Except for the ones with worthwhile constructive criticism, like me.) So play your game, not theirs. Get up and call the next play.

H.H.MorantH.H.Morantover 13 years ago
Probably a 4.5

... but I gave it a 5 instead

You are entirely correct about the conventions that most - not the best - authors on this site seem compelled to follow, e.g., most sex is fellatio, cunnilingus, intercourse. The woman has to have at least one orgasm during both cunnilingus and intercourse.

If the woman is a virgin then she MUST be multi-orgasmic the first time she has sex. The description of her defloration will include an account of how many inches she has been penetrated before the guy's cock hits the hymen - defies reality, but hey, as you pointed out, this is an alternative universe, and anatomy is somewhat different than in ours

I'm glad that you wrote the essay, but I suspect most readers won't get it.

It is true, though, that the one author now active on this list that I like the most is Lucy1970Harker - and her stories are invariably highly rated and observe few if any of the conventions you mention (I recognize you were talking about contests involving severe word limits, and I expended the conversation to stories on this site in general. Perhaps Ms Harker's high average is not subjected to the gratuitous "1"s you mentioned suffering because such readers don't get through her stories to the end)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Beware the tangled web we weave

Your story has pointed out that you can write a good, entertaining article.

How often do we get a story that shows just what is actually happening

here on Lit?

Become a popular author and you will get the opinions of some very disgruntled readers/crappy authors that just HAVE TO DRAG you down.

If you gave them a map, a compass and a brown paper bag, they would get lost between the WALK and DON'T WALK sign.

Voting can be rigged by those who don't wish a good author to achieve a winner in a contest.

Those of us who do enjoy a good/excellent/brilliant story will vote accordingly and send the author positive feedback.

Regards

Jewellee

DarkniciadDarkniciadover 13 years ago
Good one

I wonder who you could have possibly been referring to when talking about the contests..? *chuckle* Sorry, no 1s. You'll have to take a 5 instead.

ruwildruwildover 13 years ago
Interesting

I have written a few stories for this site and for the most part I have no complaints. However, I have been taken to task for certain things a reader feels that I may have left out or done incorrectly in one of my stories. I didn't realize there were so many rules. Now that I know maybe I can amend my evil ways...or maybe not. Well written and well said.

movermoverover 13 years ago
Forgot one

"The glistening pool of pre-cum" Can't have an erotic story without it, apparently.

Reindeer58Reindeer58over 13 years ago
Good Article

I agree with you and get your point. Stories that aren't stories at all abound on this site. No character development, no interaction other than dick and pussy, and mouth, and sometimes assholes. I've read several that are only sex, second paragraph sex, usually not very well written and physically impossible to accomplish. Great insight, I've read probably a thousand stories, written 47 and I recall discussing pre-cum a couple of times in my 325,000 words. You got my five.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
O. M. G.

I read this, and voted '5'.

As an 'Anonymous' lurker/reader/recent(ly)-comment-leaver for the past 1-3 years [I know, "sporadic much?"], I've been thinking of joining up.

I've got a bent, kinky imagination that won't quit, and I can't indulge in RL. I KNOW that if I write down some of my daydreams/wetdreams/nightmares it would be the shit, but I've always hesitated [besides the WORK involved], and now I know why.

There ALWAYS are UNWRITTEN rules; that's what always fucks me up -- the stuff that old hands know instinctively, that newbies don't have a clue about, and never get passed on. Thanks for shining a light on this.

P.S. Does LITEROTICA have a mentoring program? One for the 'Yes I got posted with my first story, but what do I do now?' newbies? Or is that called 'an editor'?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous