All Comments on 'The Ardennes'

by Comshaw

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Interesting story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wonderful story of hope and peace at a terrible time.

I very much enjoyed your story. I have walked the forest of the Ardenne of Belgium several times. In places you can feel the history. The people of that area embrace us Americans and this story is a great way to think of a time in history.

Thank You!

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesover 3 years ago
This was just to the north of where I was stationed...

I spent about one year, total, at the Somme-Suippes Gunnery Range in France while I was assigned to Laon AB northeast of Reims. I still have some pictures of the burial area we found from WW I. I was there from the day before Christmas eve in 1964 until July of 1966. I still have MANY MEMORIES of that area.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
More

I hope that he comes back for her & takes her home.

bhojobhojoover 3 years ago

Beautiful Story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
BAD HISTORY!

Several errors here.

1) The unit was 1st Special Service Force and not 1st Special Forces.

2) FSSF never fought on Sicily.

3) The term Devil's Brigade or Black Devils came from ANZIO.

4) 2nd Rangers did not parachute into Normandy. They came ashore on Omaha Beach by boat to attack the cliffs of Pointe du Hoc.

5) 2nd Rangers did not participate in the Ardennes during Battle of the Bulge. They fought in the Heurtgen Forrest.

There are more, but these are the most glaring historical errors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent Story

I chose this story expecting a good-read but didn't find it. I found an excellent read. The characters and story line captured me quickly and kept my interest (a 5 star read). My interest is the characters, their relationship, and how well the story line is written. The accuracy of history is not what this story is about - it's about people and relationships. It felt good while reading and after the last word. Many thanks to the author for capturing my mind for a short time and leaving an excellent impression.

wheres_the_beefwheres_the_beefover 3 years ago

Puts the A in ahistorical but a damned fine story on the personal level. Earns one of my uncommon 5 star ratings.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 3 years ago

The history may not be perfect as another reviewer complained but it’s an excellent period piece and a fine tale. Well written, it leaves the reader wanting Tala’s prediction to be correct. 5*

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Great Story

It may not be factually correct but it's still a great story for this competition and obviously a sequel is required to see the prophecy being fulfilled. Deserves its rating.

auhunter04auhunter04about 2 years ago

A most relaxing and enjoyable tale of what might have been. The Ardennes is a strange wonderful and deadly place. I am told time moves differently there and inspires greatness in men

shymaleashymalea11 months ago

so many soldiers gave their lives in the cruel battle around Bastogne&Ardennes,they,ll never be forgotten,they,re heroes and i can,t be thankfull enough to them for liberating us(Belgium)from the nazi,s.Thank you so much

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userComshaw@Comshaw
hiking, fishing, outdoor stuff and motorcycles. Nothing like you, the road, the wind in your face and no one to bother you...except the stupid ass people in cars that don't pay attention to what they are doing.

story TAGS