All Comments on 'The Beach'

by Gosunkugi

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Unreadable. Couldn’t figure out what was going on From the outset because the author relies too much on slangy and vernacular dialogue

IrvingParkeIrvingParkeover 3 years ago

I dunno what the anonymous commenter is talking about, because there was nothing incomprehensible about the slangy vernacular. I'm American, and I picked up on all of it. God help that commenter if they ever try to read, say, The Cay. The commenter would reject it just because they were too ignorant to understand what Timothy is saying.

As for this story, it's very well-written, the plot is both engaging and relatable, and I would even go so far as to say the conclusion is both hopeful and heartwarming. It stands alone nicely as a one-off, but there's still a lot left to explore in potential sequels or additional chapters if the author so wishes. I would certainly like to read more.

Chris7swChris7swover 3 years ago

Unlike your annonymous commenter I, being British (and despite being several generations older than your characters) could understand every word - and I was happily absorbed in the tale before it came to a far too sudden end.

The tale as it stands is not far from standard Soap dialogue and action - very 'localised' and almost sexless thus far, so I assume that this is merely the first of at least several chapters. On the assumption that the tale will continue and will soon become a suitably erotic adventure then I'll keep an eye open for it because I found it to be a nicely written, almost believable story set in the massive and occasionally seedy caravanland that is South Wales.

Keep going please - here's to some hot sexy action.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great characters and dialog

Felt believable and honest to me.

Microskirt69Microskirt69over 3 years ago
Awesome love and affection in all characters

Thank you for promoting trans ladies as people With deep feelings - not merely sex toys. I love sex with a good man, but im lacking the warmth and comfort of feeling cared for and appreciated as a friend.

Thank you thank you

Alison

LatexSolarBeefLatexSolarBeefover 3 years ago
Two Observations

I read this last night and I thought about it today. Two things occurred to me:

- In my mind's eye, I envision a film called "Bandits" with Billy Bob Thornton, Bruce Willis and Cate Blanchett. It is about a love triangle and much of it takes place by the beach, but not a warm, sunny Caribbean beach, a cold rocky beach as I imagine they have in Wales. (I've never been to Wales, it may be warm and sunny.)

- I like that when Ade describes herself, she lists being trans along with , and given no more priority than liking cats. Cis people think being trans defines trans folks, when really it is just part of who they are.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked it sounded like real life stuff to sort out. Hopefully the boy gets spit roasted by those two !

DianeRedfernDianeRedfernover 1 year ago

Very well constructed and an easy read. Thank you. xoxo, Di

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGosunkugi@Gosunkugi
I like smut. Let's get that out the way first. We all do right? That's why we're here after all. Everybody has their own *thing* they're into, and I wouldn't dream of dismissing whatever it is that gets you off or warms your heart, it's all valid (within reason.) Trouble is, ...