The Best Man Pt. 05

Story Info
Easter family camp has a surprise visitor.
11.4k words
3.66
4.4k
10

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 07/06/2023
Created 06/01/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CharlieB4
CharlieB4
1,249 Followers

Tag. Cuckold.

The Best Man Pt 5

We went on with our busy lives. Johnno and free passes were forgotten. In early March it was my weekend with the children and we were planning an Easter camping trip. At my niece's wedding I'd caught up with a cousin who'd lived on the farm next door. We'd been inseparable over the summer holidays in our early teens. One of our passions had been fishing in the Murrumbidgee river. While we were reminiscing about those days he invited me to join his family and a couple of others on a trip at Easter.

At the time, with all the exuberance that alcohol can provide, I'd been all for it. Back in Sydney I'd forgotten all about the invitation until he called me in February. I told him I would have to ask my children first. The more I thought about it the more excited I got. It would be a great chance for some father/son time with David.

I was pleasantly surprised when my daughter Lily wanted to come too. You could have knocked me over with a feather when Angelica expressed her interest in our adventure. I hadn't bothered asking her because in my experience her idea of camping was a hotel room without a king sized bed and spa bath. Even my mentioning spiders and snakes didn't deter her.

So on Maundy Thursday I was loading up one of the work dual cab utes for our trip. David and Lily were with me. Angelica had to go into the city for work in the morning. So the plan was to be ready to hit the road when she got back. Behind the ute was a shiny new camper trailer I'd picked up from a hire company on Wednesday afternoon. That had been my wife's idea. It seemed a bit like cheating but the fact it had an actual bed meant I was easily convinced. David had borrowed a tent from one of his mates so he had his own space. He was sixteen and at that stage. He was starting to get some facial hair and all the other things that come with puberty so I didn't begrudge him some privacy.

Angelica got home right on twelve and we were on the road by one. As we headed out of Sydney on the Hume Highway I could feel an excited buzz in the vehicle. The kids were interacting rather than being glued to their phones. My wife was in a good mood as well. It was tough for her. I know she sometimes felt like an outsider with the family side of my life. David and Lily were at our place every second weekend and for half the school holidays. It wasn't a lot of time to establish a close relationship.

We'd tried having them school nights as well when we first got married. It hadn't worked out. Their high school was only ten minutes from where they lived with my ex. It took an hour twenty on a train then bus from our place. In the end it was decided by both sets of parents that a three hour commute just wasn't going to give them the best educational outcome. They didn't want to switch schools so it was just how it had to be. I was hoping when the time came they'd chose a city university then maybe we'd be the better option.

"What are you thinking about?" Angelica nudged me with her elbow.

"Why?"

"You had that little secret smile on your face."

"Just how lucky I am to have such a beautiful wife and two perfect children."

There was a collective groan from the other occupants of the ute. It was a four hour drive south west on the highway then we turned off heading further west. The directions my cousin gave were sketchy but we got to the front gate of the property about thirty minutes later. There were a couple of big signs, one warning trespassers would be prosecuted while the other stated all visitors must report to the manager's office with no exceptions. I suggested everyone get out and stretch their legs while I rang Pete, my cousin.

Luckily he was just five minutes down the road so we waited for him to escort us. He was driving a single cab farm ute pulling a small aluminium boat on a trailer. Behind him was his wife in their Prado towing a very similar camper trailer to the one we had hired. We got back in our vehicle and formed up in convoy behind them. It was a torturous track to get to the river and I was very glad I didn't have to rely on directions to find the campsite. Even though it was the same river I'd fished in all those years ago this was very different. Three hundred kilometres upstream the terrain was much more undulating and rocky.

The campsite itself was more hospitable. Dropping down off the ridge we drove along a gravel track with the river on one side and a cropping paddock on the other. Where the river curled away into a sweeping bend the cultivation country gave way to tall river red gumtrees. I spotted a small building about two metres square made out of red gum posts and old corrugated iron.

"We must be close." I said to my passengers.

"Why?" Came David's voice from the back.

"Well," I said pointing to the building. "I'm guessing that's the outhouse." When Angelica raised her eyebrow I translated my phrase. "Toilet."

We turned off the main track and headed into the trees. About one hundred metres on we were in a clearing on the edge of the river. There were two more structures of similar construction to the one we'd just past only bigger. One was a skillion roofed shed that faced the river. While beside it there was another square structure that had no roof at all.

"Why is the toilet so far away?" Lily asked.

"I'm guessing it's only a pit toilet so trust me honey, once you've been to it you'll understand why it's some distance from camp."

"Err, gross Dad!" Lily said while my son laughed.

"You asked Lil. And one final tip, I'd be going there either early in the morning or late evening because I reckon the flies will be very friendly in the middle of the day."

That caused another groan from the backseat while Angelica rolled her eyes.

After we'd parked Pete waved us over. Even though they'd met my wife at the wedding I reintroduced Angelica and then the children. Pete and his wife Ashley had two children as well. A boy James the same age as David and a girl Julie one year younger then Lily. With the introductions out of the way Pete put us to work.

"Right, better get set up before dark. James take David and put the yabby and shrimp traps in for bait. Julie and Lily your job is to gather kindling for the fire. Col and Ang, get your camper set up then come back and help me unload the kitchen supplies. Surprisingly quickly we had things set up and a fire going. I went with David to get his tent out of the ute and Pete called out to us.

"Children's camp is down there." He pointed to a steel ringed fire pit about thirty metres away from where we were set up. "We've got a tent as well so maybe the boys could have one and the girls the other?"

So that's how we ended up having the camping trailer all to ourselves. Pete explained after dinner they'd been camping with the same families at Easter for more than ten years. Once the children had hit their teenage years it was decided they should have a seperate area.

"They don't need to hear what we are talking about especially after a few drinks." Ashley said.

That point was driven home when another family rolled in well after dark. We all helped them get set up then it was back to the fire and another bottle of wine was opened. Greg and Kylie were a younger couple with three boys. Well, younger than me, Angelica was probably a similar age. Greg was a big rangy farmer type while Kylie was a high school teacher with a mouth like a wharfie. It made me wonder how she kept her job because it seemed the only adjectives she knew were fuck and shit. She was pretty funny though and had us all laughing. Her husband was heading back to their camper to get more wine when Kylie called for him to stop.

"Wait up," she hunched forward and reached up behind her back. "You can take this thing with you."

Kylie wriggled and twisted then lifted the front of her shirt up and pulled her bra off. She lobbed it towards her husband who had to move quickly to his right to catch it. My eyes went to her and her only partially covered breasts.

"Fuck, that's a relief." Kylie cupped her ample bosoms in her own hands. "You guys have no idea how uncomfortable those things are."

"You can put them away now dear." Greg said drily.

"He won't be complaining later on when they're wrapped around his cock." Kylie added softly as an aside.

"What did you say babe?" Greg called out from a distance.

"Nothing dearest, I'm just putting them away." She winked at me as she lifted her shirt all the way up before pulling it down.

The long drive and way more beer than I normally consume meant I was ready for bed soon after. Back in our camper Angelica commented on Kylie's behaviour.

"Well that was quite a performance." To demonstrate what she was talking about my wife lifted her shirt up briefly flashing her bra. "And you boys lapped it up."

"I don't know what you mean." I feigned innocence.

"You were practically drooling."

"Are you jealous?" I teased.

"Of that little bush pig? Not on your life."

"Grrr," I imitated a cat scratching then laughed.

Angelica threw her shoe at me and poked out her tongue. I was undressed so I climbed up onto the bed. My wife followed after rubbing some moisturiser into her skin. I flicked off the torch so it mostly dark except for some light from the Easter full moon squeezing around the edges of the ventilation flaps.

"This is rather convenient for you." Angelica said as she snuggled against my side.

"What is?"

"Us being all alone." Her hand slipped inside my shorts.

We played around for a bit. The voices from around the fire went quiet then the generator was turned off. Angelica pushed me onto my back and climbed on top.

"Do you think you can be quiet enough?" She asked.

"Yeah, no problem."

We made love, slowly, gently, drawing the ending out as long as possible. After we lay side by side listening to the strange sounds around us. Two Boobook Owls calling to each other, the wind rustling through leaves, a limb from a tree that had fallen in the river slapping gently in the current. And the regular grunts interspersed with the occasional hushed, fuck me, coming from the direction of Kylie and Greg's camper.

The sun rose around six and the children were up soon after. I got up and left Angelica to sleep. Greg was awake as well so we got the fire going again while the kids checked the fishing rods and traps. Pete appeared with a towel over his shoulder and went to one of the large esky's we'd unloaded the evening before. He handed me two dozen eggs and a cryovaced pack of bacon.

"I do the dinners so you two are in charge of breakfast. Gas bbq over there, matches on top. When the boys get back set them to work making toast."

"Bit early for a swim isn't it?" I said pointing to the towel.

"Nah mate I'm gonna have a shower."

"Where?"

"Back there." He pointed to the square structure behind the main shed. "Got a little twelve volt pump in the river. It pushes the water up to the donkey."

"Donkey?"

"Hot water system, well, an old beer keg plumbed up to be one. Got a fire going under it. Cold water comes in the bottom, hot water comes out the top."

Pete left for his shower while Greg and I made a start on breakfast. There's nothing like the smell of bacon being cooked to get the kids back and late risers out of bed. It wasn't long before we had a hungry horde crowding around watching with anticipation. After breakfast the boys were impatient to get Pete and Greg's boats in the river but Pete had one more chore for us. We had to get a ute load of wood so we had enough to keep the fires going. The three of us went further down river into a thicker patch of river red gums. It took us about an hour with Pete cutting while Greg and I split and loaded. As we approached our camp again I saw three new vehicles had arrived. Two had camper trailers behind and another big Landcruiser ute was parked near the main shed.

"I thought there was only two other couples coming?"

"Yeah there is. The cruiser would be the farm manager. A big corporate bought this farm six months back and as part of their OH & S protocols everyone has to sign in and be aware of the safety requirements." Pete lent over closer to me like he was about to impart a state secret. "The company policy is for no campers on the place but because of the set up we've got they let us continue on the proviso the weekend warriors from their head office in Melbourne can use it."

"Lucky us." I must have sounded a bit flippant.

"It is fucking lucky mate. Last year when it was open slather there was a camp on every bend, boats going up and down all day and night. We had to keep kicking strangers out of our shitter." I nodded along sagely. "The thing that swung it for us is the new manager is a mate of mine. You probably met him at Julia's wedding. He was the best man."

I think I hid my shock really well. I mumbled a reply of maybe then took a very keen interest in the river flowing past through the side window. We pulled up at the wood stockpile. Greg jumped off the back and started stacking the wood. I joined him while Pete went over to the shed. Johnno was there in his work clothes with a big hat on. Holding court with Kylie and Ashley. I couldn't see Angelica. Once the ute was empty I was left with little choice but to follow Greg and join the group standing at the fire.

Greg must have known Johnno as well. He called him a young bastard then shook his hand. I steeled myself for some loaded comment or barb from the him but he remained silent until Pete intervened.

"This is Colin. You probably were introduced at Julia's wedding last year."

I was struck dumb but Johnno stepped forward and offered his hand.

"We could have been...I'm not sure, it was a big day," he said apologetically. "I'm Johnathon, but everyone calls me Johnno."

The bravado and bluster I'd expected was absent. As I grasped his extended hand and shook it I noticed Ashley was taking a keen interest in the interaction.

"And everyone calls me Col."

"Right well,"Johnno stepped back and picked up a clipboard that was sitting on one of the camp chairs. "If Col and Greg can sign this then I'll have everyone's details for the induction and I can let you get on with fishing."

"You are coming for a feed on Sunday night though?" Pete asked, "I've got two legs of lamb and a rolled pork shoulder for a big roast dinner."

"Yeah I should be right."

I scribbled my name address and phone number on the sheet of paper then handed it to him. Angelica's name was the third one from the top but she'd not written her phone number down. Johnno went back to his ute, gave everyone a wave goodbye then drove off. As he drove away my wife came around the corner from shower. She had a towel wrapped around the top of her head. A pair of loose track pants and a long sleeve top. Far more conservative clothes than I would normally have expected in this situation.

"How was the shower?" Pete asked fishing for a compliment.

"Fantastic!" Angelica answered enthusiastically. "But I'm not sure about the water view, or more correctly the view someone would have had of me if they'd been boating down the river."

"Just part of getting back to nature." Pete joked.

My wife continued walking past us towards our camper.

"I might have a tub myself." I said as I made to follow her.

"Better be quick, we've got some fishing to do." Pete called out as I walked away.

Once I was inside the questions tumbled out.

"Did you know? Was that why you wanted to come? Did you talk to him?"

"No of course I didn't know." She started indignantly. "I was just as shocked as you were when he stepped out of his truck."

"What if he says something?"

"He's gone now."

"He's coming back Sunday night."

"What? Do you think I'm going to lay back on the table after dinner let him fuck me in front of everyone?"

"You do seem to lack control when you are around him." I shot back.

Angelica swung around. Her mouth opened to reply but she quickly closed it again without making a sound. She stepped closer so I could smell the scent of soap on her skin.

"He's not going to say anything because I have something he wants."

I tilted my head in a silent question.

"My number. I told him if he keeps our secret he gets my new number."

"Oh."

"It doesn't mean he gets anything else," She added.

I could have argued but what was the point. The deal was done. I grabbed a towel and left. The shower did little to clear my head but a couple of hours in the boat with Pete and our sons did. A few beers from the boat esky probably helped as well. We got back to camp for a late lunch. Angelica was seated at the dining table with Lily, Ashley and Julie playing cards. As we got closer a cheer went up. Angelica and Lily high fived each other, my girls had won. It was great to see them getting on. The children hadn't made it easy for her previously.

The afternoon dawdled on which was a lovely change. No places to be. No people to see. Just a few more beers and luckily for me a nice sized golden perch caught with my son from the bank not far from camp. Pete helped me clean it then put it in his mobile fridge. Then I was his kitchen bitch getting the dinner ready. After a delicious camp oven meal of slow cooked lamb shanks with creamy mash the adults were all sitting around the fire drinking red wine and solving the world's problems. I was fighting to stay awake and any thoughts of Johnno had disappeared. Until a very tipsy Kylie bought it all back.

"What about that manager hey?" She said to Ashley who was sitting beside her but loud enough so we all heard. "I wouldn't kick him out of bed if he farted. In fact he could shit in it and I'd let him stay."

There were a few laughs but it was more polite than anything else. I hoped it would end there but Ashley picked up the baton.

"He has quite a reputation."

We were on opposite sides of the fire and I noticed her eyes were fixed on me.

"You were staying a The Old Vic for the wedding weren't you Col?"

"Yeah, yeah we were." I replied in a disinterested fashion.

"Well, a couple of people who stayed there told me the next morning at the recovery breakfast he had some woman screaming like he was killing her that night. It woke them up."

"How did they know it was him?" One of the late arrival wives asked.

"They saw him walking passed soon after. Did you hear anything Col?"

"There wasn't much chance of that," Angelica interjected. "We were both so hammered we passed out. Our hangovers were so bad the next day we couldn't face the recovery."

"Well all I can say is she was a fucking lucky bitch." Kylie started to laugh then burped loudly. "Better out than in." She added before returning to her cackle.

The topic of conversation moved on. Angelica gave me the 'let's go to bed look' but I shook my head ever so slightly. I wanted a bit more space between the Old Vic story and us departing so we didn't look guilty. In the end one of the other couples left not long after so then everybody decided it was time for bed.

"Was Ashley being a bitch just then?" My wife asked back in our camper.

"I don't know, maybe? I felt she was watching me very closely to see how I reacted to him being here this morning."

"Do you think they know?"

"No, just fishing I think."

"I'm sorry babe."

"It was me who invited him to our room."

The next day started in a similar way as day before. Greg and I did breakfast although the other adults were slower out of bed after the drinking of the previous day. There was still a generous amount of wood in the stack so we got on the water a lot earlier than the day before. Unfortunately the fish weren't very cooperative so after three hours we headed back. The lack of action meant the boys were bored.

I told them. "A bad days fishing is a still better than the best day working." They didn't believe me.

CharlieB4
CharlieB4
1,249 Followers