The Best Present Dad Can Give Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm your soulmate, Nicolae."

"What makes you so sure?"

He looked hurt for a moment and looked away. I sat up and drew him in for a hug and I could tell the contact soothed him.

"Do you remember when we first met?" Cody asked me quietly.

I did remember. I remember seeing him and those beautiful eyes he had. "Of course I do."

"I remember it like it was yesterday. You were the first person to see me for me—you still are."

That confused me. "What do you mean?"

"When we made eye contact that first day there was an instant spark. You looked at me and I felt like you truly saw me."

"What do you mean by 'truly saw you?'" I asked.

He looked sad for a moment. "We transferred to the same school as you in fourth grade. Before that, Collin and I could not be distinguished from each other by anyone."

"I thought you liked it that you both fooled so many people."

"I do love being so similar to him—he's my best friend, but I wanted to be recognized as an individual too. I have many examples of what I mean but just one would give you an idea of what I mean. In gym class, when people were appointed team leaders and were choosing teams, they didn't call us by our names, they called us by Twin Number One and Twin Number Two. When they called out Twin Number One, Collin would ask which one of us was Number One, and the kid would just laugh and ask 'Does it matter? You're like the same person.'"

My heart broke a little hearing that. "I'm so sorry."

He smiled at me. "That all changed when I met you—I fell for you instantly. When we met for the first time, you looked in my eyes and held my gaze for the longest time."

I blushed. "I thought you had beautiful eyes."

Cody grinned. "I know, but the point is that you didn't give Collin that much attention; it was always me. I never once had to correct you from thinking I was Collin because you always knew which twin was me from the moment we first met."

"I don't know how to describe it, but I've always had a special connection with you that I just don't have with Collin. I mean, I consider him one of my best friends, but with you there always has been some sort of spark."

Cody grinned at me. "That is because we are soulmates. Trey has the same spark you just mentioned with Collin."

I frowned.

"I'm not trying to say the love you and Trey have is in any way invalid—it's very valid; I'm just saying that I'm your soulmate."

I tried to come up with words to explain how I felt.

Cody smiled at me. "You don't need words; I already know how you feel about it."

I smiled at him.

Cody reached over and held my hand. "You don't fully grasp how much it meant to me to have someone truly see me the way you do. You saved me from thinking that I was just some twin number nobody ever cared to get to know."

"Is that why you love me?" I asked him.

"One of the many reasons, but that would be the first reason. I'm certain that we were made for each other. Every time I think I couldn't possibly love you anymore than I already do I learn something new about you and I just love you even more."

"Do you wish you were my number one?" I asked him. The question may seem cold but I truly wanted to know how he felt so I could make things right if I could.

"Every damn day," he admitted softly.

My heart ached for him. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I will always do whatever it takes to make you happy. The open relationship you have with Trey being your primary lover makes you happy and any interference beyond that of a secondary lover on my part would diminish that."

I honestly didn't know what to say.

"You don't have to say anything," Cody said.

"I need you to know that I love you," I told him, and then I kissed him softly on his lips.

Cody kissed me back. "I love you, too. Let's get some sleep so we aren't exhausted the first week of college."

I laughed. "Good idea."

I laid back down and Cody came and snuggled up with me. After a couple of minutes, I could tell he fell asleep.

I sighed. I always thought that Cody liked just being in the background until he found an opportunity to make me happy but I now realized that he wants to be with me the way Trey was with me. I guess I was pretty naïve to think otherwise. He had always just seemed so happy with just making me happy. I knew that that happiness was genuine, but now I can also tell he wants more from our relationship.

I yawned and looked at the time. Maybe I will just call my father tomorrow and ask for his advice. He always knew what to say.

I kissed Cody on the forehead and felt myself drift into sleep.

To be continued...

12