The Bitch that is My Step-sister - EX

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thank you for doing this, Jamie," Krissy whispered as she rested her right cheek on his back. "I know Dad isn't your favorite person, and I can guess how you're feeling right now. I'm not saying you have to take the job, but at least try to land it, okay? If something better comes along, I'll support you wholeheartedly in it. But this will be good for us; help us get on the right footing for our babies," she said with a devilish grin on her lips. She had a plan; if it worked out, they would be having their first baby by next summer break, so she wouldn't miss any work and could spend all summer bonding with their child.

"Oh? Already eager for babies, huh?" Jamie mused, peering over his left shoulder after he had slipped his tie over his head.

"You know I have been for some time now," Krissy purred, running her hands up his chest, loving how the fabric felt on her fingertips.

"I might, you know, if you pull this again, we will have words," Jamie said sternly as he unhooked his suit jacket from its hanger. His arms slid effortlessly through the sleeves before shutting his closest door.

"I promise, but I was only trying to help you; you can't be mad about that," Krissy uttered, hoping he knew she wasn't trying to rule his life, just that she was trying to keep him as close to home as she could.

"I know, but I don't want your father thinking he has any hold over me," Jamie said, kissing Krissy's forehead. He knew David would hold it over his head for however long he would work there if he was to get hired.

"Dad wouldn't do that," Krissy stated; her annoyance was clear as day.

"And you probably thought your father wouldn't be the kind of man that destroys a family either," Jamie retorted as he exited their bedroom. He knew he was going to pay for that once he got home. "I'll be back soon," he called out after getting his leather folder that held his resume.

******

Jamie was sitting across from one of the hiring personnel; he'd already forgotten the title the woman called herself as she looked over his resume. He noted how she had pulled out her phone; he could only assume the woman was looking up the name of his college. Jamie noted the woman's renewed interest in his resume when she put her phone down.

"Normally, we don't take walk-in applications, but since David put a word in for you," she noted the look in the man's eyes, yet his face remained placid, so she was just going to ignore it for the moment, "I thought the least I could do for him was to give you a chance. I see you're married, have you been married for long?" she asked, trying to build a rapport with Jamie.

"Little over four years now," Jamie said truthfully, noting the surprise in the woman's eyes.

"That would mean..." Her words trailed off as Jamie nodded, assuming what the woman was thinking.

"College and a marriage must have put a strain on the two of you," she said with a friendly smile.

"A little," Jamie admitted, wondering where she was going with all of this. If she was going to reject him, he just wished she would get it over with. Arching an eyebrow when the woman opened a drawer and pulled out a tablet along with a few sheets of paper.

"We give all prospective employees a test to see if they have the skills we're seeking," she stated, opening up the app and pulling up the test program they had made to weed out the less stellar applicants. "Just follow those instructions, and the program is self-explanatory." It was also a test to see if the applicant could follow instructions. Her eyes watched Jamie intently as he picked up the packet and began the test. She was going a little bored just sitting in her office as fifteen minutes rolled by; even though the test normally took thirty minutes, the fastest applicant took twenty to finish; she wasn't saying his answers were correct, which they weren't, just that he finished in that time. She took great satisfaction in wiping the smug grin off his lips when she informed him that he had spectacularly failed a simple test if one were to follow the instructions to the letter.

"Here you go," Jamie spoke, snapping the woman out of her daydream.

"Finished already?" she asked, a little surprised as she checked her watch that read only seventeen minutes had passed.

"Yeah, pretty simple, although your question nineteen is wrong," Jamie stated, not in arrogance, just a fact.

"That so," she mused, keeping her smile from her face; they had thrown that one in to see if those wishing to work for them would spot the error. Typing in her passcode to unlock the results page, her eyes inched wide as she read Jamie had scored ninety-eight percent on the test. They were lucky to get anyone that got a ninety on it; it was unheard of to get an almost perfect score. Even the ones he missed as she read his comments they allowed the applicant to make after completing the assigned questions were technically right, given the changes in the financial world since the test was first made. She had been pushing them to update it, but the powers that be were slow to heed her words. "Would you mind waiting just a bit?"

"Okay," Jamie said; he really didn't have anywhere to be at that moment, given he's already put in applications around the city without a call back yet. He had started to think their HR departments were getting rather annoyed with him with all the calls to them he's been making. His thumb scrolled up his screen, looking for any company that he hadn't put his resume in with yet, hoping to find somewhere to work close to home. He wasn't about to let someone like David swoop in and steal his wife from him. He knew how attractive Krissy was, and a ring didn't stop some of the low-down men that were out there. He wasn't saying Krissy would fall for it, but he would rather be around so he could keep an eye out for those types of men. He had just finished typing out a text to Krissy when the door opened, and in stepped David.

"I see you're here," David said, keeping his emotions from his voice.

"As are you," Jamie said plainly. "Come to ensure I haven't made an ass out of myself yet?"

"Yes," David answered.

"Afraid to get your name all dirty at your place of work, hmm? I bet you they all think you're all squeaky clean? I wonder how these people would react if they knew the truth about you, Hoss," Jamie said in a monotone voice.

"I don't care what you think, Jamie, you've made it plainly clear there will be no relationship between us, and that's fine. After all these years, I kind of prefer it that way. No, I only did this because Krissy asked me to lend a hand. Whether or not you get the job, it's no skin off my nose; now that I know you're here, I can get to my desk," David said, walking out of the room.

Jamie just brushed off David's parting words; they meant very little to him. Then again, he knew he would have to deal with the man for a very long time. If he and Krissy hadn't gotten together, he would have lived his life down in Wilmington. Where he would have wandered the streets during the Azalea festival with his family and rarely, if ever, return to Torrington. Other than being pleasant while Krissy was around, that was all David could except from him. If he got the job, he would have to figure out a way not to interact with David as much as he could. Looking down when his phone dinged, reading Krissy's text wondering when the woman would come back. Jamie sat there for another ten minutes before the woman entered the room with a manila folder under her left arm.

"Well, I have good news for you," she said, sitting down in her chair with a smile on her lips. "We'd like to offer you a job, now you're starting salary will be eighty thousand dollars, and you'll have opportunities to increase it every six months during performance reviews. Now there are some factors that can get you a bonus due to some of the projects we've been commissioned for. We just need you to sign this NDA before you can be hired on," she stated, pulling out the form from the folder and laying it before Jamie.

"Wait... you mean I got the job?!" Jamie asked with a mix of shock and perplexed surprise plastered across his face.

"Yes, are you surprised?"

"Yeah," Jamie stammered.

"Good, I like being able to surprise the young, but we do need you to sign this," she said, patting the paper. "It's because of the work we do here. We can't have our clients... data just floating around, you understand?" she stated when Jamie had a questioning look. Laying another packet of papers in front of him, waiting as Jamie read through the paperwork, signing his name on the dotted line. "Good. Now, let's go get your photo taken and your ID card made." With that, the woman led Jamie out of the room and down the hall to the bank of elevators, where they took the cab down two floors; the flash of the camera caused spots to dance in Jamie's eyes as he tried to blink them away. Once they were done, he was shown how to reach the department he would be working in, watching how the woman slid her own card key into the reader and opened the door once the light turned green. He honestly didn't think an accounting department would have so much security, but who was he to say otherwise? When they were inside, she proceeded to show him around the department. Jamie noted the curious looks he got from the other accountants, who were working on their own things before returning to their tasks. He was led to an office on the far west side of the department floor, where he was introduced to whom he learned was his boss. He couldn't place her age; if he had to guess, the brunet woman was in her mid-thirties, and the professional attire she had on did little to hide her more curvy nature. Not that he was looking, mind you; it was just so obvious that it was hard for anyone to miss.

"Ruth, this is Mr. Lancash, Mr. Lancash, this is Mrs. Ruth Braun; you will be reporting to her first thing Monday morning after we take care of your paperwork," she said with a friendly smile as she introduced the two of them.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Lancash," Ruth said, holding out her left hand; being a left-handed person, once she was out of her parent's home, she reverted to her natural behavior that her parents deemed evil. Noting how the gesture took the man aback for a bit, as it always did when dealing with right-handed people, yet Jamie slid his hand into hers and firmly yet gently shook it.

"You too, Mrs. Braun," Jamie said kindly. He might not want to work at that company; nevertheless, he couldn't fault Krissy's thinking; he needed the job. So he would keep his foot out of his mouth for as long as possible.

"I'll take it from here, Selene," Ruth said, nodding to her co-worker.

"If you need anything, my door is always open," Selene spoke, waving to Jamie before heading back out the door.

"Let me show you where your desk will be," Ruth stated, taking charge. "I run a tight ship here. Work begins at eight on the nose and ends by four, maybe longer, depending on whichever client you'll be working on at any given time. At least in the beginning, I won't have you dealing with our larger clients until I know you have your feet on solid ground. We can't afford to have a mix-up that might just cost them a pretty penny in taxes, you understand?" she asked, giving him a thoughtful look.

"I do," Jamie nodded as they rounded the corner of a cubical.

"And this will be your desk; I like to space out my people so no one will be distracting each other. There will be no fraternizing on the floor, save that for the break room, which you will get two fifteen minute breaks, and an hour for lunch. You may have one personal photo on your desk, yet it can't be such a hindrance that it dominates the space. I'll have IT bring up a computer for you to use, and you can get what office supplies you need from over there," Ruth informed him as she pointed at the closet door. Her eyes moved along Jamie's right cheek, eyeing the scar that marred it. It was unsightly, unbecoming of an office worker in her mind. She would just have to see about getting him to remove it. "When you come in on Monday morning, stop by the front desk where the building security is stationed at, and they will have your ID card waiting for you. You'll just have to sign some papers stating that you've been given it, then I want you to head up to HR and fill out your paperwork, once you're done with that, come see me in my office, and I'll put you through your paces. Now, you can find your way to the elevators, yes? Good," she said once Jamie nodded, "I have to return to work. I look forward to seeing you on Monday," holding out her left hand again, giving Jamie a good shake before the two of them departed.

******

Jamie set his jaw when he pulled into his driveway and saw Rhonda's van. Dealing with his mother was the last thing he wanted to do that day. As the front door closed behind him, loosening his tie as he walked into the kitchen. He didn't care if it was half past noon as he got a bottle of Yuengling out of the fridge. While he nor Krissy drank to excess, they still did have a beer every now and again. Setting his leather folder on the kitchen table before listening to the bottle top coming off and the metal clink it made as it struck the side of the trashcan as he tossed it away. That was when he heard the laughter of children from out back by the pool. Jamie watched how Krissy jumped in startlement as she sunbathed on the lounger closest to the back door when he knocked on the glass. He ignored the sight of his mother in his pool with Ben in a floaty car, shooting jets of water out the front of it while she was teaching Suzie how to swim.

"Before you get upset, I thought they could have some fun here using the pool before Suzie starts second grade and Ben goes into kindergarten," Krissy said the moment she stepped through the door and closed it quietly behind her.

"Okay, that's fine, but why is she here?" Jamie asked, pointing at his mother. "I thought you said when we moved here, I wouldn't have to see them. Yet the moment we've moved in, she or your father has been clambering around my house."

"Baby, don't be like this; I know this isn't you," Krissy cooed, snuggling up to him, allowing him to feel her near-naked body against his. "Did you really think Rhonda was just going to drop them off and leave?" A pout formed on her face when Jamie slipped out of her arms and headed towards the stairs.

"A text would have been appreciated," Jamie said, his voice trailing after him as he climbed higher, hearing Krissy's footsteps following after him.

"What would you have done if I did?"

"Stayed away until I knew they were gone," Jamie answered as he entered their bedroom.

"Really, Jamie?! Hasn't this animosity between the three of you gone on long enough? Surely you can't keep it up forever; there has to be some middle ground you three could at least come to terms on," Krissy said, trying to plead their case. She honestly thought over the years, it would have at least died down a little bit. It had while they were living in Wilmington; she just didn't think it would come roaring back when they moved back to town.

"When I've felt like they've been punished enough, then and only then will I budge; so far, they seem to be getting everything they want in life while my father got the shitty end of it. Does that seem fair to you?" Jamie asked, not in anger, just in coldness, as he slipped his tie off his neck and hung it back up. "The two people who consciously, wholeheartedly broke their vows, vows you and I took, and they have yet to suffer the consequences of their actions," he stated, peering over at her as he slipped out of his jacket. "If I did that to you, you would be hell-bent on making sure I pay, would you not?"

"Okay... yeah, I would," Krissy begrudgingly admitted. "But can you at least put on a pleasant face when they're around?"

"Have I not been?" Jamie asked, cocking an eyebrow. "Have I said one untoward word directed their way when they invaded my house?"

"No," Krissy said, sighing, knowing that was the best she would get out of him, at least for the time being.

"See, I've kept my sarcastic retorts to myself when they so just want to come bubbling forth," Jamie said with a hint of mirth in his voice, getting a small smile out of Krissy.

"Well, how did it go?" Krissy asked, getting to the heart of the matter.

"Text your father. If he keeps out of my way, I'll do the same, and we never have to see each other," Jamie said, hanging up his jacket, his head turned at the gasp that escaped her. His eyes were like ping pongs as they followed the bounce of Krissy's unsupported breasts as they jostled in her bikini top before she launched herself at him. His arms moved on their own, wrapping themselves around his wife, feeling her softness along with her coconut-scented sunscreen as it filled his nostrils. Those emotions he's kept hidden and buried in the back of his mind all melted away as her serenity wrapped around him like a warm blanket.

"I'm so happy you got it, Jamie; I was so worried," Krissy whispered into his ear, feeling her cheeks heating when she felt Jamie's hands on her ass. "Baby?!" she gasped when his fingertips slipped beneath the edge of her bottoms and skimmed along her eager lips. "Behave," Krissy chided, playfully slapping Jamie's chest. "There are little children here; you can't be touching me so wantonly like that," she purred with a twinkle in her eyes. "Why don't you change into your suit and come join us by the pool, please," Krissy spoke softly with a sexy smile on her lips. She did love how he was still hot for her as she was for him after four years together.

"I can't, huh?" Jamie responded with a coy grin, taking a step towards his wife, who took one behind her with a mischievous grin on her face as she did.

"Nah-uh, no naughty business while young minds are around," Krissy teased, swaying her chest, loving how Jamie's eyes savored the display as they followed after them as she had placed her hands behind her back before making a hasty retreat out of the room, knowing if she kept it up, she would have her husband between her legs. Not that she wouldn't love that, she so would. She did love it when Jamie's tongue was taking her to her seventh heaven, and she knew he loved it when her own sent him to his own world of bliss. She wasn't degrading Jamie's hard tool; she did love riding that thing every chance she could get. Giggling like she was eighteen again as Jamie called after her telling her she was no fun. "Later, honey, when we don't have guests," she retorted, trying to calm herself down as she descended the stairs. She didn't want Suzie or Ben to see how aroused she was at that moment.

"So I take it Jamie wasn't happy to see me here?" Rhonda asked from the shallow end of the pool as Suzie splashed around and led her little brother around the pool.

"A little; I didn't tell him you had stopped by; that's on me, so you don't worry about it," Krissy said, smiling down at her little sister, who begged her to join them in the water.

"Krissy?"

"Hmm?" Krissy hummed as she walked around the outside to the pool's stairs.

"Why aren't my eyes burning?" Rhonda asked curiously. She's always wondered why her son's and daughter-in-law's pool was unlike the others she's used in the past.

"It's a salt pool; while it doesn't burn your eyes like a chlorine pool does, it does still irritate them, just not as bad, or that's what the former owner told us when he asked to meet us when we went to pick up the keys. He also gave us some good info on how to maintain it and who to call should something happen to the generator," Krissy stated, pointing over to it.

"I was wondering why I didn't smell any chlorine whenever I'm here," Rhonda said, waving her hand through the water, feeling it had a silky feel to it than when she used the chlorinated pools throughout her life.

1...678910...12