The BodyGuard Bk. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Can never be too careful." He looked down at her with the most serious look.

She gasped and stiffened up, he opened the door and looked around. He looked behind the door and then opened the shower door, he peeked in. He stepped back.

"It's safe."

Kay stood there and looked up at him. "Are...are you sure?"

She was getting nervous and started to shake. Again, he was keeping himself from laughing. He knew he shouldn't be doing this, but he wanted a little fun. Her face was a mess from crying, her mascara all over her face. But still he couldn't help an attraction he felt towards her. He had to put that behind him. This was a job.

"Yes, I'm sure"

He stood aside and let her walk in. She peeked around the bathroom door before she went in all the way. He held back a laugh.

Kay closed the door. She almost fainted again when she looked in the mirror. 'No wonder he wanted me to freshen up. I look like a monster.' She said to herself. Kay washed her face and decided to go put on something more comfortable. The dress she had on was driving her nuts. She opened the door and went to go to her room. In a second, she felt someone behind her and she froze.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to change."

Luca opened the door looked around. "It's safe, darlin'."

"Are you always going to do that?"

"Just put it this way, I am going to be your shadow for a while."

"Great." She mumbled.

She went to go inside but stopped. She spun around and looked up at him.

"I'm not, your darlin'," and she slammed the door.

Luca laughed and went back to Tom.

"Having fun Luca?" Tom glanced at him.

Luca grinned, "Need a little fun now and then." He said as he sat.

"Well keep the fun to a minimum. Kay is at a fragile point right now. We know who her late husband owes and it's not good."

The twinkle Luca had in his eyes disappeared when Tom told him. He knew how these people worked and how dangerous they were. Maybe this job wasn't going to be... a piece of cake... When Kay walked back into the room, they both fell silent. It gave her the chills.

"What...what is going on?" She asked.

Luca just looked at her, she was breathtaking. He had to catch his breath. Never has any women had this kind of effect on him. He knew he was in trouble.

Chapter 3

Tom cleared his throat, "Sit Kay."

She went over and sat at the table. "How bad is it? Do I have the funds?"

Tom and Luca glanced at each other Kay felt the uneasiness.

"That bad?" she choked out.

Tom nodded, "Yes Kay that bad. You must hold yourself together do what we say. We will get you through this."

Kay was silent for a minute. "But Tom, you're my lawyer. How do you know about these things? I mean I know you can get everything together for me, but to protect me?" She glanced at Luca.

"Tom is more than a lawyer. "Luca quickly said.

Tom sent Luca a shut your mouth stare.

Tom then spoke, "Listen to me Kay, the men Sonny owes, they are very dangerous men. I know who he was dealing with. I was hoping your divorce would go quickly, but then..."

"Sonny was killed." She quickly said.

"Yes, it may have not been an accident."

Kay clasps her hands around her mouth and started to shake.

"We have to be careful here Kay. Luca here is the best. He will keep you safe."

"What...what kind of lawyer are you?"

"I am the kind that will keep his innocent clients safe. I have seen a lot of suffering because of people like Sonny. I have been with you since you took over the restaurant and I knew in the end, he would take you for everything. But I never expected he would be killed and that complicated things more."

"Is that why you insisted on stocks and investments?"

Tom nodded his head.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"You are my client. You wanted to make things work. Until..."

Kay closed her eyes. "Until he brought that woman here." She finished.

Luca listened and heard the heartache she went though, it broke his heart.

After a pause of silence Kay looked at them both. "Do I have enough?"

Tom glanced down at the paperwork in front of him.

"Yes Kay, but it will take longer than a week. And that's going to be the hard part."

Kay closed her eyes and nodded her head. "Damn him!!" she said in anger.

"I thought, before all this happened, you would be able to keep your business and house, but now I'm not so sure." Tom looked at her.

"Are you sure they both will have to be sold?"

"Like I said I am not sure yet but be prepared for the worst."

Kay's eyes filled with tears, "The restaurant only thing of my parents I have left," she choked.

Tom patted her hand. "If there was another way Kay, but there isn't. I looked over the rest of your financial situation. The judgments against you will take most of your investments if not all. You are lucky to have taken my advice and made those investments. But in order to cover the criminal debts that Sonny owes, the house and the furniture for sure will have to be liquidated. Any other assets you might have, including your car and Sonny's car. You might be able to save the restaurant by taking out a loan on it. If that's possible, it will have to be checked out." He said.

Kay was listening, but she wasn't hearing. She felt eyes upon her, she casually looked over and Luca was staring at her. She felt his eyes could see right into her soul and her heart skipped a beat. She felt his eyes devouring her. He quickly glanced away when he noticed her stare. She smiled a little on the inside. She has never had a man look at her like that before, and it was a good feeling.

Luca couldn't help staring at Kay. There was something about her that drew his attention. The attraction he felt was undeniable. He was trying to figure out what it was about her that is drawing his attention to her. When he noticed her looking at him, he quickly looked away. He was hoping she couldn't read his mind.

"Kay, Kay?" Tom called her.

She shook her head and put those thoughts behind her. "Yes Tom?"

"Is there anything more you want to say or tell me?"

Tom could feel the attraction between Luca and Kay. He has never seen Luca go so gooey eyed over a woman before. It seemed that Luca was smitten. But they had to stay focused, Kay's life and future depended on it.

"There is something I need to tell you." Kay said.

She looked down at the table. She was twisting her hands around and around, she was so nervous.

"What is it Kay?"

"I...I..."

"You what?"

"I think I did something, illegal."

Tom closed his eyes. 'This can't be good.' He thought.

"What?" Luca asked.

"I always thought of having a safety net. But I never thought I would need it." She stopped.

"What did you do Kay?" Tom asked.

"I took some of the money and bought a house with a few acres outside of the city in the woodland area. I call it my farm house. I used my maiden name, I bought it direct from the owner and paid cash for it. It's about a three-hour drive from here."

Tom and Luca glanced at each other. Both a little surprised.

"How?" Luca started.

Kay shook her head, "Don't ask. I don't want Tom to be held responsible for it."

Tom chuckled, "Don't worry about that Kay."

Kay looked back at both men and neither seemed worried. 'What kind of lawyer do I have?'

"You look confused." Tom said.

"A little."

"Don't worry about me. Let's concentrate on getting this money and paying off to the bookies before they can do some damage. Okay?" He said.

Kay nodded her head. "What do we need to do?"

"Like I said, it will take longer than a week."

"I will be your shadow Kay." Luca said.

Katie laughed at Luca, "I hardly think people won't' notice you following me around."

"You would be surprised, darlin'." He grinned.

"Luca is good, the best. That's why I called him."

"Besides I was bored and needed some action." He stared straight at Kay

Anger filled Kay when he said that. She quickly stood up.

"Bored! Action! What do you think I am a toy? This is my life."

She looked at Tom. "I need someone serious, apparently he isn't! And for the love of God, I am not your darlin'!"

"Settle down Kay, Luca is more than capable. He has been on the sidelines for a while, so he is a bit excited."

"Well maybe there was a reason he has been on ...the sidelines." She snapped.

Luca glared at her, "you, know nothing about me... darlin'."

Kay glared right back, she wasn't scared of this giant, she could tell he wouldn't hurt her in any way.

"And you sir, no nothing about me. You call me darlin' one more time and I will..." She said with a steady voice.

"You will what?"

Tom cleared his throat and got both their attention.

"Well Luca, you up for this?"

Tom tried to be serious, but it was hard to. He knew these too would put each other through hell and back. He could see the sparks from where he sat. Maybe Luca had finally met his match.

"A piece of cake!" he snarled. And got up and headed for the door.

"Where is he going?" Kay looked at Tom.

"He is doing his job Kay."

Then it hit Kay. "Tom, I have no money to pay for any of this." She looked at him tears started filling her eyes.

Tom smiled at her, "We will work out the details later. For now, Luca will be here to make sure you are safe. I will start things rolling on liquidating. And hopefully this all will be over soon."

Kay nodded her head she did feel safer knowing Luca would be there. And she also knew Tom would move quickly. She really didn't know what kind of lawyer he was, but she was glad he was on her side.

Tom left, and Kay peeked out the window and she saw him talking to Luca. She wanted to know what they were saying but she couldn't hear them. Tom got into his car and left. Luca disappeared around the back of the house. She thought he would come in, but he didn't.

Luca had to stay away from the hot-headed blonde. She made his temperature rise in more ways than one. Her brown eyes flashed golden lightning bolts at him. And those lips of hers he wanted to taste. He could just picture himself caressing that luscious body of hers. 'Damn Luca get a grip!' he thought as he shook his head and decided to check out the place more. He saw Kay peek out the window now and again and he would chuckle. He couldn't figure out why she affected him the way she did. But he remembered how Tom told him how fragile she was right now. Luca laughed at the thought. Kay didn't seem as fragile as Tom thought. She has some spark behind her. And he knew trouble when he saw it. And she was trouble, for his heart.

Chapter 4

Kay watched Luca outside for a while. But he was always on the move, so she gave up. She went and locked all the windows and doors. 'He can sleep out there, call me darlin' now,' she thought to herself. Kay was exhausted. She needed a shower. She knew she wouldn't be able to sleep. So, she put on a pot of coffee. She went to her room, grabbed some clothes and then went to take a shower.

Luca walked up to the door, it was locked. He shook his head and grinned. He checked all the doors and windows. He laughed to himself 'she locked me out.' But that didn't stop him from getting in. When he got in, he checked the house, he heard the shower running. He stood by the door for a second. He could smell the scent from whatever she was using in the shower drift out and his thoughts started going wild. He was getting himself all worked up until her heard her crying, and then his heart broke. 'Damn!' he muttered to himself. He left the door and went into the kitchen. He could smell the coffee. He grabbed a cup and sat down and waited.

When Kay got done, she dried off and put some drops in her eyes. She was scared and felt so alone. She had no idea what was going to happen. She had to trust Tom and Luca no matter what. That's all the hope she had. She went to her room and put on some comfortable clothes. She then went into the Kitchen. She jumped when she saw Luca sitting there.

"How did you..." she stood there shocked.

"Get in?" he grinned.

Kay nodded her head to shock to say anything.

"It wasn't hard."

"But I ..."

"Locked everything?"

She nodded her head again.

Luca stood up and walked right towards her. He was standing directly in front of her looking down.

"Let's get this straight, right now." He said.

Kay started to shake. She felt the heat of his body, the way he looked at her. Her body

was betraying her. She had to get it under control. She cleared her throat and looked up at him.

"Get what straight?" she said in a strained voice.

"I am your BodyGuard like it or not. Tom is a very good friend of mine and I am doing him a favor."

"A favor?"

"Don't play your childish games with me. Do you really think you could lock me out?"

Kay didn't know what to say to him. She walked around him, grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down. Her mind was racing a mile a minute.

"Did you hear me?" Luca said.

Kay took a deep breath. "I am sorry. I know you are here to help me. But so much has happened in the last twelve hours I am not thinking straight." She looked up at him.

Luca let out a sigh, was he too hard on her? He walked to the table and sat down across from her.

"Listen, I know this is happening too fast for you right now. You probably are scared to death. But to just let you know this isn't my first job, and it won't be the last."

Kay looked at him, she sensed he was very capable of keeping her safe. But why does he laugh at her?

"Why did you laugh at me?"

The question threw Luca. "What?"

"Laugh at me, like this is a joke? I am terrified. Men are threatening my life! I am losing everything because of my...my husband." She had a hard time saying this.

"Did you love him?"

The question threw Kay for a moment.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

Luca shrugged his shoulders.

"I thought so at one time. But I soon realized he didn't love me. He used me. I wanted to make things work. I didn't want to be a failure. I even put up with him slapping me now and again."

Luca's eyes tightened. "He slapped you? Does Tom know?"

Kay looked away. "That's not important. I knew it was going to get worse. So, when I inherited the money, I thought maybe things would get better. But they didn't. I filed for divorce, but he died before it was final. So here I am stuck."

Luca could hear the pain in her voice. How could Sonny treat her like that? Kay was beautiful. She seemed so full of life. She was strong and determined to make her bad marriage work. But it cost her.

"So, what about you?"

"What?"

Kay chuckled. "Do you have a hearing problem?"

"What?"

She laughed again, but a little harder. "Every time I ask you something, you always say, what," she stared at him.

He shook his head. "I am not used to being asked questions."

"Why not?"

"It's not in the job description."

"Oh, I see." Kay stood up.

When she stood, she was as tall as he was sitting.

'Damn it Luca why did you say that, you could have said anything. She needed someone to talk to even if it's about nothing.' He thought. He wanted to say something more, but she stopped him.

"The less I know the better off I am." She walked passed him.

He heard a door close. He stood up and looked down the hall. Her bedroom door was closed. He felt terrible! All she needed was some pleasant conversation. This was going to be harder on him than he thought. He knew he was falling for her. And he knew it wasn't in his or her best interest. He had to stay focused and remember she is a client.

Kay couldn't sleep and Luca wouldn't sleep. She jumped at every little noise. She knew he was out there and he would keep her safe. But still she was terrified. She realized he wasn't the talkative type, but she needed conversation, just anything to help her settle down and take in what was going on. She needed a friend, but Sonny took care of all that. She didn't have any left. Tears fell softly as she lay there. She didn't know if she would be alive by tomorrow or the end of the week. She wanted to run and hide. So, in her mind, her way of thinking, that's what she would do.

Kay finally fell asleep, but it wasn't for very long. She was awakened by the smell of coffee. She opened her eyes and looked towards her door. It was open a little. She knew she had closed it last night. She lay there for a few more seconds and realized Luca must have opened it to check on her. She sat up and decided she wasn't going to live in fear. She was going to do her normal routine. She was going to leave and nobody was going to stop her. She got up and took a quick shower and then got dressed. She went back into the bathroom, brushed her teeth and put on her make-up. She went into the kitchen and Luca was sitting in the chair waiting for her.

"Good morning." He said.

She smiled slightly. "Good morning."

She dropped her purse on the table, got a cup of coffee and sat down.

"Going somewhere?"

Kay looked over at him. "Of course. I can't stay here hiding. I have a business to run." She paused and stared. "For a little while at least."

"I think it's best you stay here."

"Okay, so you do," she said as she took a sip of coffee.

Luca sat there and watched. "Did you hear me Kay?"

"What?"

Luca rolled his eyes. He stood up. "You're not going anywhere."

"And who is going to stop me?" she looked up at him.

Kay knew she was pushing it with him. But she didn't want to hide and she did have a business to run. Her restaurant opened at 11 am. and closed 10 pm. She usually got there around 10 am. and left around midnight. She was open Tuesday through Saturday.

"It will be harder for me if you leave." Luca tried to keep from yelling at her.

"Well then, I guess you will be earning your pay." She snapped and got up.

Luca reached over and grabbed her arm. Kay's eyes got big, then narrowed.

"Get your hands off me." She said in a low voice.

The look Kay first had been fear, fear caused by Sonny. But she recovered quickly. Luca let her go.

"I think its best we stay here." He said in a much smoother voice.

Kay took a deep breath, "I can't. I have loose ends to tie up. From what Tom told me, you are very good at what you do. He said I wouldn't even know you were around. Was he lying?"

Luca was amazed at her, she was testing him. His heart did flips.

"Okay, if that's what you want. Where are you going?"

Kay thought he gave in too easy.

"I am going to the restaurant. I don't want everyone to think I am leaving them high and dry. They need to know what was going on."

Luca nodded, "Where's your restaurant located?"

Kay explained how to get there. After she was done, he looked at her.

"Lead the way." He said.

He opened the door for her. Kay got into her car, Luca followed her in his truck. Kay thought she lost him, but she was wrong. They parked in front of the restaurant.

"So, this is your place?" Luca said looking at her.

He had been at her restaurant once before and had a very good meal there.

"For about another week." Kay started to choke.

Luca felt so bad for her.

"Don't think about it right now. Go in and do what you must do. How long do you need?" He tried to smile.

"Give me an hour." Kay got herself together and walked in.

"Hi, Holly," she greeted her.

Holly was her daytime hostess, good friend and long-time employee.

Luca stood outside surveying the area. He stepped into a pay phone and called Tom on his private line.

"How is it going Luca? How is Kay?"