The BodyGuard Bk. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Luca stop!" Sal shouted.

Kay was rattled. She didn't know why, but when Luca released her, she bolted. Luca started after her, but Sal stopped him. He spun round and glared at him.

"What the fuck Sal?"

"I don't think she knew Luca."

"Why would you say that?"

"You didn't see the look on her face."

Luca didn't see it either he was too angry, all he saw was betrayal. The others let Kay push her way through. They didn't stop her they also saw the look on her face.

"I think Sal was right." Paulie said.

"After you calm down you better go after her Luca, you two need to work this out." Moe said.

Luca calmed down. He put up his hand, "You're right, you're right, I'll go find her. But she has a lot to explain."

Before he got to the top of the stairs his walkie-talkie beeped. The team was with him in the basement, it could only be one of two people, Tom or Kay.

*********

Carlo Rizzi and Virgil Sollozzo were meeting in Carlo's office.

"Have you found her Virgil?" Carlo asked.

"Yes, I know where she is. I have two men watching her." Virgil said.

Virgil was one of Sonny's so-called friends. They formulated a plan together. Greed got to them both and then things went bad rapidly. Virgil was fast in covering his tracks, so that all evidence pointing to Sonny.

"Does she have my money?"

"Her lawyer has most of it together. She has four days."

"Did you find my stuff?"

"I had my men search her house, but I don't think Sonny would have kept it there."

"I see. I noticed that her restaurant had an unfortunate accident."

"Yes, it did and such a shame. It was a good place to dine."

"Did you find anything there?"

"No, we never had a chance to search it, before it burned to the ground."

"Hmm...Now where would Sonny stash it?" A moment of silence passed then Carlo's telephone rang. "Hello? Mr. Barzin." He looked up at Virgil. "We have some bad news."

"You know I don't like bad news Carlo." Barzin snapped.

"Yes sir, I am aware of that."

"Well out with it!"

"Seems like our girl, Kay, has hired some guns."

"She wants to play hard ball huh? It seemed to me there is only one reason to hire guns."

"Yes Sir Mr. Barzin."

"Get her. Get my money and my stuff! My patience has worn thin!" he slammed the phone.

"That didn't sound good." Virgil stated.

"Find out who she hired?" Carlo instructed.

"I'm on it."

"And Virgil?"

"Yes."

"I don't like looking like a fool."

"Understood." Virgil turned and left.

He knew who Kay hired. He just needed more time to work things out. Greed always brings out the worst in people. He thought Sonny was a fool treating Kay the way he did. He could have gotten a lot more from her if he treated her better. She would have been a rock for him. But Sonny had to be ignorant. As friends though, Virgil kept his opinions to himself. He had bigger plans in sight anyway. Sonny just set the plans in motion quicker. He knew it wouldn't take Carlo long to figure things out.

*********

Kay was in tears running blindly down the driveway. She was more confused now than ever. But she never thought Luca would think she had anything to do with all this. Sure, she had a hard time trusting him. But he should have known she couldn't be involved with any of this. She tripped and fell. As she laid there, she heard someone say.

"Going somewhere?"

She looked up and almost fainted, she saw the men who beat her up and the leader pulled her to her feet.

"Are you this stupid?" He slapped her.

Now she was staring up at a barrel of a gun. Kay had to keep herself together.

"What did we say would happen if you went and done something stupid!"

He had her by the shirt, his fist was twisting in it under her chin, and he pulled her up face to face with him.

"I...needed...more time!" She choked.

"Well time is up!"

They started to drag Kay towards a car. She was struggling trying to get free. She hit the guy and he hit her back and she fell on her walkie-talkie causing it to beep. He picked her up and tossed her into the car.

Luca and the team rushed up the stairs and out the door, in time to see the man throw Kay into the car.

"Damn that woman, if they hurt her..." he stopped when he heard her screams.

He watched the car take off.

"Shit! We need to follow that car!"

They all ran back into the house. They grabbed their equipment and went for their vehicles. Peter jumped into Luca's vehicle.

In the car Kay was struggling with her captive and she grabbed her walkie-talkie and keyed it.

"Luca..." she cried into the walkie-talkie.

"So, its Luca is it?" The guy laughed as he took the walkie-talkie away from her.

"If you hurt her again, I will kill you." Luca replied.

"You are in no position to make threats."

"It's not a threat." He growled.

"When we get what we want, maybe then we will let her go, or have some fun with her, or

maybe she could join her late husband."

The guy threw the walkie-talkie out the window.

"I see them Luca." Moe called on the radio.

"Stay with them. Right behind you."

Luca hit the gas and pulled around Moe. He was catching up.

"Looks like we have company." The driver said.

Kay looked back. She saw Luca and his friends behind them she felt hope, she had to do something. She swung at the guy, but it had no effect. And she was struggling more trying to get away.

"Looks like she is trying beat her way out of that." Peter said.

"Just hope she doesn't do anything stupid." Luca replied.

Just then he saw the rear passenger door open.

"Shit! Luca, if she jumps!"

"I know I know!" Luca said as he hit the gas pedal harder.

He got up beside them and Moe was right behind him. The guy Kay was struggling looked over at Luca, pulled up his gun and shot. He shattered Luca's window, but the bullet missed both Luca and Peter. Kay screeched in fear. Luca slowed down for just a moment. The driver hit the gas and started pulling away. Moe went around Luca and bumped the front of the other car. The guy hit his brakes, but lost control and went off the road. Kay was thrown out the open door. The car flipped and rested on its top. Everyone stopped. Luca ran to Kay everyone else ran to the car.

"Kay, Kay!" Luca shouted as he ran over to her.

She wasn't moving. He got on his knees beside her. He didn't want to move her just in case she was injured badly. He wouldn't accept the fact that she might be dead. His heart was pounding so hard.

"Oh...ouch," she moaned.

"Kay can you hear me?"

She started to move.

"Don't move darlin'." He softly said.

"How is she doing Luca?" Peter asked.

"Don't know yet she is still alive."

"That's better than I can say for the driver."

"What about the other one?"

"Alive and not talking, Moe is with him."

Kay tried to get up.

"Stay still, where does it hurt?"

"All over."

She went to move again. Luca started to stop her.

"I can move Luca."

She rolled over. Her face was scraped and bruised, her clothes were torn. She had blood on the leg of her jeans.

"My shoulder, my shoulder." She cried.

"Looks like it might be dislocated." Luca reached down to help her sit up. "Can you sit up Kay?"

"Yes."

She gritted her teeth as he helped her sit up. Tears filled her eyes as she looked at him.

"I didn't know." She hung her head and started to cry.

Luca pulled her close. "I know, I know." He kissed the top of her head. He heard Sal clear his throat and he looked up.

"She should go to the hospital."

"No, no! They will find me there!" Kay cried.

"Close your eyes darlin'." Luca said as he picked her up.

"Why?"

"I don't think you want to see this."

Kay did what he asked. The guy that was driving was almost decapitated. She could hear Peter's voice as he was trying to get information from the other guy. But the other guy wasn't talking. Kay felt Luca put her in a vehicle.

"Can I open my eyes now?"

"Yes, but don't look at the wreckage okay?"

Kay nodded her head, and then opened her eyes. "I am scared Luca."

"You are doing just fine darlin'. Hang in there and we will get through this, okay?"

"Okay." She sniffled.

"Sal stay with her." Sal nodded.

Lucas went to do his own interrogation.

Chapter 9

Kay awoke with a fright and a yelp, startling Luca who was dozing next to her. She thought it was all a bad dream until she felt the pain. Her arm was in a sling. She was frantic. She felt Luca's hands on her. She calmed down a little. She looked up at him.

"What happened?"

"You went into a little shock."

Her mind was racing. She was trying to remember things. Her memories where hitting her so fast she couldn't comprehend them all. She started to hyperventilate she squeezed her eyes shut.

"Relax, relax darlin'." Luca said in a soothing voice.

Kay finally got a grip on things. She started to slow her breathing. Taking in one thing at a time.

"I...I remember the wreck, the drugs, guns." She looked up at him.

Luca smiled at her. "We got the information we needed."

She finally realized she was in a hospital. Luca saw panic in her eyes.

"Everything is taken care of. We got our man."

"You mean it's over?" she tried to smile.

"Almost." He said.

Kay looked at him confused. "Almost?"

"Yes, we confiscated the drugs. We got the name of the guy who put the hit out on you. The guy we captured is being held without bail. Now we are going after the big boss."

"Who is the big boss?"

"Carlo. Ever heard Sonny talk about him?"

Kay thought, but she never heard the name before.

"Sorry I never heard of him. The only friend of Sonny's that I met was Virgil. So, tell me why they were after me?"

"It seemed that Sonny got friendly with Carlo. They were doing business together before you came into the picture. Sonny had a big gambling debt, so he contacted Carlo. Sonny promised Carlo he could move his stuff quickly, if Carlo would help him cover his gambling debt. Carlo saw a great opportunity to move the goods, so he agreed. At first they were using your restaurant as a front..."

"What? A front! How could that be possible?"

"Sonny was good. You must give him credit there. But he also got greedy."

"I can't believe this!"

"Tom was working on a case against Carlo. Things just happen to fall into place."

"How I mean, when I inherited my grandmother's estate, we went and got a lawyer, Tom had no real idea who we were, other than the little work he did for me at that one time. And just who are you anyway?"

"Just put it this way darlin', I am a man that takes down the bad guys."

"Are you a secret agent, undercover or something?"

"Or something."

Kay glared at him. "You're not going to tell me, are you?"

"Sorry darlin'."

"Stop calling me that!" her voice got loud.

"You didn't mind the other night." He grinned.

Kay went to say something then she heard Tom. "How is my favorite patient?"

Tom could feel the tension in the room. And Luca had that grin on his face.

"What is going on here?" she glared at Luca, "Why won't he give me any straight answers!"

"Okay, I will tell what I can. When you and Sonny came to me, it was more than perfect. I was working for the government building a case against Carlo and we were on to Sonny. He was being followed. We thought he would lead us to Carlo. I tried to keep you from getting involved, but it didn't work out that way. Sonny got greedy and it cost him his life. So, they went after you when they couldn't find out where Sonny stashed the drugs."

"But Sonny had no idea about the farm house..."

"He led you to believe that. He knew everything. He figured it would be a good place to stash the drugs."

"I can't, believe this. I was so careful." She looked at them.

"Sonny was a criminal Kay he had you wrapped up so tight. He kept a tight chain around you whether you knew it or not."

This was too much for Kay to hear. Never in her wildest dreams did she think Sonny was a criminal. He had her so fooled. She wasted over four years of her life with him. Kay's eyes filled with tears.

"I still lose." She covered her face and began to cry.

Luca went up to her grabbed her hands and looked her in the eyes. "We will get through this darlin'."

Kay finally had enough. "I want you to leave me alone!" she snapped and pulled her hands away.

Both Luca and Tom looked shocked.

"Kay..." Luca started.

"I don't need another devious man in my life." She glared at him.

"You may still be in danger Kay." Tom said.

"I don't care. I have nothing left. Now leave me alone!"

Luca backed away. They looked at Kay, nodded, turned and left.

"She doesn't mean it Luca."

"Looks like she does to me." He cleared his throat.

"Luca?"

Luca turned back to look at Kay, she was crying. He turned and looked at Tom.

"I'm falling in love with her Tom."

And he walked away.

Tom already knew this from day one. He also knew how dangerous it would be. Tom didn't go after Luca. He needed time. They both did. Kay was released a day later, her arm in a sling. She hasn't seen Luca since the day he left. Tom was waiting for her.

"Listen Kay, you still need someone to watch over you until we get Carlo."

Kay nodded her head. "I thought as much. But I don't want Luca around."

"Why are you so hard on him?"

Kay could feel the tears build up. She quickly blinked them away.

"I will never trust another man. I don't ever want to be betrayed again. Luca has too many secrets."

"Don't you think that is a little unfair?"

"Unfair? How can I trust or love someone who must lie to me about himself? How!"

Tom grinned a little. "You're just as bad as he is."

"What?"

"You said love Kay."

Kay thought about what she just said. 'Did I say love? I do love Luca, but can I ever trust him'?

"I am going home to the farm house. Tom would you please sell my city house?"

She went to her house in the city to grab clothes and items that she would need. She noticed she was being followed, but it was Moe and Paulie. She didn't see Luca anywhere. She knew until Carlo went down, she would be a target. She decided to go where there were less people. She couldn't stand the thought of someone else getting hurt or killed because of her. She knew she was a sitting duck and she wanted to make peace with herself.

A couple weeks had past and Tom finally got everything liquidated. Kay was able to pay off the court order judgment. Kay's restaurant was insured and that helped. She had an agreement to sell her house. Tom discovered that Sonny had some cash in safety deposit boxes in a couple of banks. Tom was able to recover the money through a court order. So, Kay still had some money left that she could live comfortably with.

Kay was tired of being scared at every sound. She knew she was being staked out. She would see different men watching her house but never Luca. She missed him being around, even calling her darlin'. She was sure that she was falling in love with him. She would close her eyes and feel his eyes staring at her. She felt his hands on her and the way he made her feel. She could feel his breath on her skin and it was driving her crazy! But then she thought about his life and the secrets that he keeps. She didn't know if she could give her heart to a man she didn't trust.

Chapter 10

Carlo had ordered his men to surround Kay's farm house. He knew he had to be careful when he found out who he was up against. He would kill Sonny all over again if he was here. Barzin was breathing down his neck and he was running out of time. He knew Sonny must have stashed the drugs and cash in this old farm house. It was the only place left that had not been checked. And being surrounded like it was he knew the stuff had to be there. But he wasn't dumb. He knew they had the place covered and if he came, he would walk into a trap. But he had himself covered and had the area well scouted. He knew where her hired guns were located. He came with six men to get his stuff back.

"She has four men outside. I haven't seen anyone inside."

"I want that girl alive. I am going to do to her what Sonny did to mine. Then I will slowly kill her."

"Got it boss."

Everyone got in their positions. It was late afternoon and the sun was behind them. Perfect time for an ambush.

Kay was taking a nap in her bedroom, when she was suddenly awakened by gun fire. She leaped out of bed and ran down the hallway toward the living room. There was a lot of noise, with gunshots and people shouting. It was all so confusing and she was unsure what to do. She stopped in her tracks when she heard the back door being opened. She started to turn around and ran back to her bedroom.

"Kay, Kay?"

"Luca!" she cried out.

"I am here Kay." He ran over to her.

"I thought you were gone!" she reached out for him.

"I never left you darlin'." Luca grabbed for her and pulled her near him. He could feel her shaking, she was so scared. "I got you now darlin'."

"What's going on out there?" she sniffled.

"Ambush."

Kay drew in a deep breath.

"We were waiting for them to make their move. Now that they have it's over."

"Luca, Luca!" Peter called.

"In here."

"Kay... oh...I see your safe."

Kay heard the noise settle, the gunfire stopped. All she heard were voices and people walking around.

"Is it over?" she sniffled.

Peter glanced at Lucas, "I hope so. We got Carlo and some of his men. Some didn't make it. Our guys came through without a scratch."

Kay blanched at the thought of men dying because of her.

"I want to see what he looks like."

"Why Kay?"

"I want to see the man that wanted me dead."

Luca tried to talk her out of it, but she was stubborn. They got up and walked out the door. Luca pointed out who Carlo was. Kay shivered when Carlo looked at her. He had an evil grin on his face. She felt like he was saying, "this isn't over yet." She stood there staring at Carlo.

"He is just trying to intimidate you." Luca said and kissed her head. "He will be put away for a long, long time."

Kay looked up at Luca. He looked so good and it felt so good just to have him there.

"Luca?"

"Yes?"

"You really never left me all this time?" She wiped the tears from her eyes.

Luca smiled. "I told you, you wouldn't notice me."

"I never thought a man your size could hide so well." She smiled up at him.

Just then a Sheriff's car pulled up to her farm house, suddenly there was some commotion getting Carlo into the car and it got their attention.

"Stay here darlin'."

Kay nodded and Luca went to see what was going on. All the sudden he heard a gunshot.

"Get down!" Luca hollered.

Then a second gunshot. Luca spun around just in time to see Kay fall to the ground.

"Nooooo!" He bellowed

He went running to Kay. He lifted her up, she was shot in the chest. He looked over at Carlo and he just smiled as they put him in the sheriff's car.

"Kay, Kay!" Luca cried. Tears filled his eyes. She didn't respond. "Call an ambulance!" he shouted.

********

It's been a few days since the incident at the farm house and Luca was still numb. He would always blame himself for the death of Kay. He would close his eyes and see her smiling face. He could hear her laugh. He would chuckle when he thought of her standing up to him. He could feel her presence all around him. He loved her and never got a chance to tell her. He remembered how she hungered for him. The look and sounds she made and the passion they shared. He started to choke. He was sitting in Tom's office.