The BodyGuard Bk. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"She is going to bolt." He quickly said.

"How do you know that?"

"I just do. Hey listen have you found out where her other property is?"

"I just happen to be looking at a description of it now. Is that where you think she will go?"

"Definitely."

"I would get people out there."

"I'm already on it." They hung up and Luca made another call.

Luca looked at his watch. It's been a little over an hour. He waited a few more minutes before he went in. He looked around and didn't see Kay. He went up to the hostess. Her eyes were red he could tell she had been crying. He looked around and everyone looked a little upset. He knew she had talked to them.

"Excuse me, but can you tell me where I can find Kay?"

"Why, what do you want with her?" she asked.

'Damn-it! She gave me the slip.' He said to himself.

"Is she here yes or no?"

The hostess didn't say anything.

"If you don't tell me now, I will tear this place apart until I find her." He growled.

"No! She left!"

"When?"

"About ten minutes ago."

"Let me use your telephone?"

He called Tom and told what happen and then he took off out the front door. Her car was still there. She had help and used someone else's car. All he saw was red. When he got his hands on her, he didn't know what he would do. He now realized he didn't give her enough credit! She was a lot braver than he first thought. He jumped into his truck and took off toward her house.

Kay traded cars with Holly and drove to her house. She was going to grab some things and leave, but she had a surprise waiting for her when she entered her house. She was grabbed and hurled to the floor.

"Going somewhere?"

She looked up in shock, and then was slapped across the face.

"I told you she would run."

"No... no I wasn't..." she started but was slapped again only harder.

"Where were you going in such a hurry?"

Kay had to think fast. "I had to make arrangements, to get the money. I was running late. I didn't want to miss the call."

One of the guys grabbed her and pulled her up. He slapped her again.

"Liar!" he shouted and threw her back on the floor.

Just then her house phone rang, and she looked at the men. They were a bit surprised.

"Answer it?"

She nodded picking up the phone, as they moved in close to listen with her.

"Hello."

"Kay this is Tom. I think we can make it work, but it will take a couple of weeks."

Kay looked relieved. "OK, Tom thanks." She hung up the phone.

Tom frowned as he looked at the telephone while he hung it up. Something wasn't right. She was too short with him on the telephone. She sounds like she might be in trouble. 'I hope Luca gets there soon.' He thought.

One of the guys knocked her down and kicked her side. He then picked her up and slapped her.

"What was that about?" She felt a gun being jammed into her side.

"That...that was Tom, my lawyer. He is helping get the money together." She whined trying to catch her breath.

"We told you what would happen if you done something stupid. And telling your lawyer was stupid."

"Wait... wait," she covered her face. "I told him nothing. I told him I wanted to sell everything and get out of here." Tears filled her eyes.

The man slapped her again and pushed her backed down.

"If you want to live keep it that way. We will be watching." They both walked out the door slamming it behind them.

Kay was on the floor crying. A few minutes later she heard the door burst open and looked up. There stood Luca and he looked furious. Luca saw her face. It was swollen where she had been slapped. He instantly got angry. He went over to her and pulled to her feet.

"Kay..."

"Leave. Just leave me alone."

She tried to pull away from him. But she was unsteady and grabbed her side. She thought she was going to fall.

"What the hell do you think you are doing? Trying to get killed? Trying to get me killed?"

"I didn't ask for your help! I don't need your blood or Tom's on my hands!"

That hit Luca hard and he let her go.

"Your right you didn't. But a very good friend of mine did. I will do what I must until this is over. Understand?" he said gritting his teeth.

Kay saw furry in his eyes when he let her go. She was scared but didn't back away. She knew she had to leave. She didn't want the life of Tom or Luca on her hands. She would escape tonight.

Luca was furious at Kay taking such a chance. But he also saw by the look on her face, she was still going to try and run. Maybe letting her think she got away, would be a good thing for her. He would have to be extra careful though and watch her better. He had to calm down. He saw her face was all swollen and she was holding her side. Yet she stood there arguing with him.

"Kay, you should put something on that." He touched her face.

Kay pulled back and put her own hand to her face.

"What is wrong with your side?"

"Nothing." Kay said quickly, too quickly for Luca.

Kay was backing away but he reached out for her and caught her.

"Either you show me, or I will do it myself." He glared at her.

A shaken Kay lifted her shirt showing him her bruised ribcage. Luca put his hand on her to see if she had broken ribs.

"Does that hurt when I do this?"

Kay gulped "No."

When he touched her, she jumped and backed away! It sent sensations up and down her spine. She couldn't explain it. She never had that feeling before. Luca looked at her funny. He shook his head.

"Do you do have something for your face?"

"Yes I...I will get it now." She turned quickly and went to the kitchen.

She pulled out a frozen bag of peas.

"Home remedy." She said.

Luca had a feeling it wasn't the first time she used them. He cursed himself for letting her slip away on him. Now her face and her ribcage were bruised. He thought she might have a cracked rib because when he touched her, she jumped.

Chapter 5

Tom showed up a short time later. Kay was laying down when he arrived. Luca filled him in on the events that taken place.

"Do you still think she is going to bolt?" Tom asked

"Yep." Luca replied.

Tom shook his head. "Why, she will be safer with you."

"She didn't want our blood on her hands."

Tom nodded that he understood. He sat back in the chair and thought for a few minutes.

"You know. I always knew that girl had fire in her." He laughed. "But that man she was with did so much damage to her soul." He shook his head.

"I don't understand how she got hooked up with him." Luca shook his head.

"He told her what she wanted to hear. He charmed her at first. He used her, in more ways than one. She didn't want to be a failure at anything. Now I am afraid her trust in everything and everyone has been shattered."

"She is something." A smile crossed Luca's face but didn't realize it.

"Luca."

"Yeah?"

"Be careful. She is unpredictable right now. She is running scared from everything."

"You don't have to tell me."

"Do you want me to find someone else?" Tom didn't want to, but he had to ask.

Luca felt insulted and quickly stood up. "Are telling me I can't do my job?"

"Hold on that's not what I mean."

"What did you mean?"

"What's going on?" both men looked a Kay.

Her face was starting to swell and show some black and blue bruises. It tugged at Luca's heart. Whoever done this will pay dearly.

"Just having a discussion." Tom said.

"Looks like more than a discussion to me."

She came in and sat down very slow. Luca and Tom exchanged glances quickly. They knew she was hurting more then she let them to believe.

"Nothing to worry about." Tom said.

"Well according to your call Tom, you have some news for me?" She asked.

"What call?" Luca looked at them.

"When those men were here Tom called..."

"I called Kay after you called me and told me she gave you the slip. I knew it wouldn't take you long to get back here, but just in case I wanted to make sure Kay was safe, so I called and told her things could be done in a couple of weeks."

"So, you lied?" Kay looked at him.

"Well sort of Kay."

All Kay's hope went out the window. She went to put her hands to her face. She got up and went to the kitchen to get that bag of frozen peas.

"She won't give me the slip again." Luca said.

"I thought you were the best?" Kay ribbed him.

She knew that would get him going. She doesn't know why but she loved to see him get all riled up. Even though she was in pain, she chuckled. At his expressions. Luca went to say something, but Tom stopped him.

"We don't have time for this. As a matter of fact, time is going by too fast. Kay please don't leave the house again without Luca with you."

"Just hold on Tom." Kay cleared her throat. "This is my problem. I don't want anything to happen to you or Luca. All I want is everything to be sold. So, I can pay back the money and go on with my life."

She saw Tom and Luca exchange glances. "What? What don't I know?"

"Just think about it Kay." Luca said.

Luca was going to try and scare the daylights out of her, hoping she wouldn't try and run again. Kay looked at Tom and he just stared at her.

"You do know what those two men look like right?"

"Yes."

"So, you could I identify them, right?"

"Yes." Kay gasped "no, no..." shaking her head.

"Did you think they would just let you go?"

Kay felt a chill go through her as she thought about it. She knew they wouldn't let her go. Her face paled and she started to shake.

"They will kill me anyways." She choked.

"Not if I can help it." Luca said.

After a few minutes of silence, Kay got up and went into the bathroom.

"Still think she is going to bolt?" Tom asked.

"Yep. And I believe it will be soon. I had the guys' stake out her place. No one has been there in a long time. They are just waiting for me to give the orders."

"I hope this won't get bloody." Tom shook his head.

"If you wanted me here, then you somehow expected it would."

"You're right. I just hate what this is doing to her. She went through so much with that so-called husband of hers."

"Why didn't you stop her or warn her?"

Tom chuckled, "When she has her mind set to something, it's hard to convince her otherwise. I knew sooner or later, she would need help."

"You got that right, she is stubborn."

"Luca, I know this is none of my business, but..."

"Your right, it isn't. But you have nothing to worry about." Luca said firmly.

Tom has known Luca for many years and never once did he let his personal life interfere with his job. He had his head on straight and priorities straight. He knew Luca was perfect for this job, he just didn't expect Luca to fall for Kay and that's a whole new situation. He left Kay's house feeling better that Luca was there to watch over her.

Kay needed to think and a hot bath was just the answer. She knew Tom and Luca wanted to protect her and see her safe. 'But they can't watch me forever.' She thought. Sooner or later they would have to go back to their own lives. She didn't want to live always looking over her shoulder. She knew those flunkies would catch up to her sooner than later even after she paid them off. There was no way out, that she could see. She couldn't run and hide for the rest of her life. She must have been in there for a long time she heard a tapping on the door.

"Kay are you okay?"

She took a deep breath. "Yes, I'm taking a bath and I will be out in a few minutes."

Luca was worried about her. He couldn't imagine what she was going through. He knew she had to be scared to the core. But she tried to put up a brave front. He could see she was shaking on the inside. Luca was waiting patiently until she came out. He heard the door open and her walk down the hall. He looked at her he could see the worry on her face.

"How are you holding up?" He asked.

"As well to be expected." She tried to smile.

"Does your face hurt?"

"Just a little." She took her hand to her face.

"How is your side?"

"A little sore. I don't know what to do! Any way I look at it. I lose." She shrugged her shoulders and tried not to cry.

Again, Luca felt her pain tug at his heart. He could see it from her point.

"I am not going to tell you not to worry, because you will. But you have to trust Tom and me."

Kay looked up at him, she tried to smile, "I didn't know I was getting more than a lawyer, but I am glad I did."

"Tom does everything, legally."

"Ah, I see he just has friends who don't?"

"Have I done anything illegal?"

Kay thought about it, "No, no I guess you haven't."

"You have to trust us Kay."

Kay looked deep into his eyes, she saw compassion, she saw hope. But she also knew she could get them both killed and she didn't want to take that chance.

"I can't make any promises, but I will try." Her voice was weak.

"You asked me once why I laughed at you."

"I remember."

"I wasn't laughing because I thought this was a joke. I was laughing because you tried to stop me from looking around in your house. You stood up to me, picture it Kay!"

He had a slight smile. Kay thought about it. She started shaking her head. She laughed a little.

"I can just see me, up against a giant..." she started laughing harder then grabbed her side.

"That's why I laughed. You have done things that surprised me. Especially when anyone one else would have been scared."

Kay stopped laughing and looked at him. "How tall are you by the way?"

"I'm 6 feet 5 inches tall."

"WOW!!" she cleared her throat. "You look like you have been in the military or something."

"Yes." he replied.

"Why so secretive about yourself?"

"The less you know about me, the easier it will be."

Kay got his meaning right away. When this is all over, if she lives through it, she probably will never see him again.

"I suppose you're right." She looked away.

Luca could hear the sadness in her voice. "We will get through this. You just have to believe that."

Kay wanted to believe it so bad. 'Please God give me strength.' She thought.

A few days passed and Kay was waiting for the right moment to make her move. She went to her restaurant each day to keep the business running smoothly, waiting for Tom to find a buyer for the place. Luca was her shadow while she was there, but there were a few times he disappeared and then reappear, showered and a change of clothing. She didn't know where he went or that he had one of his men watch her while he was gone.

The third day she was working in the kitchen and took a break to get a drink. She was looking into the dining room, when she saw the two men who had roughed her up. She didn't know why they were there, but she got the message that they were watching her. It was time to make her move.

"Holly I am done for the night, I have somethings to do at the house. Lock up for me, will you?" She asked.

They had set it up earlier that this was the night that Kay would make a break for the farm house and Holly was to pick her up at midnight a block from her house. At the house Kay did some light housekeeping while Luca watched her. He noticed that she seemed visibly upset.

"You are home early tonight?" He stated.

"It wasn't busy and Holly could handle what needed to be done and lock up."

"Did something happen to upset you?"

"No nothing happened to me. It just this whole affair has me upset. I think I am going to turn in for the night." She stood up.

"Let me make sure everything is secured." Luca said.

He checked all the windows, doors. Everything was locked.

"Feel better?" Kay looked up at him.

"For now. Now get some rest. I am sure you could use it."

Kay nodded and went to her room and closed the door. Now all she had to do was wait for him to fall asleep. A couple hours later she snuck down the hall. She could hear Luca snore. She went back to her room. She only took the small bag she had packed earlier and her purse. She slowly and ever so quietly opened her bedroom window and crawled out.

Chapter 6

"Luca, she just came out the window,"

"Stay with her. Keep me informed on her every move."

"Will do."

"Luca a red car just pulled up a block down from her house and she's getting in. She must have called somebody to come get her."

"Okay, follow her! That's not her car, it must be Holly's car."

"She's headed our way."

"She might be a little jumping so don't get to close. We don't want to spook her."

"Understood."

Lua keyed off the walkie talkie and waited a few minutes. He took off heading for Kay's place out in the country. He knew a short cut and planned on being there before she got there. Luca's friends were following the red car taking turns. They knew that Kay was nervous and was probably looking back every so often to see if she was being followed.

Kay kept a careful eye out. It was close to 3:00 am and they had been driving for almost three hours. It was a clear night with the moon out in its full glory, bathing the countryside in a silver glow. They were getting close to where her farm house was located. She saw some headlights far behind her. She was getting more nervous. Being out in the country like this, there shouldn't be hardly any cars out this early in the morning.

"Holly see that gas station just ahead?"

"Yes."

"Pull over just before it and let me out. Just stop on the road."

"Are you sure?" Holly said as she gave Kay a funny look.

"I already talked with the Smith's and they said I could use their spare car to get to the farm house."

"Ok, whatever you want Kay."

"I will call you later and let you know what is going on. Thanks for your help" Kay said.

Holly slowed the car down and Kay hopped out. Holly continued driving on and Kay jumped into the ditch and hid.

"She left the car. She's a smart one. She's hiding in the ditch waiting until we pass."

Luca smiled. "Yeah a lot smarted then I give her credit for."

"Copy that."

Luca had the bases covered. He didn't want to take chances. He had one man at each gas station just in case. Luca was waiting for her at her place. The vehicles passed by Kay as she hid in the ditch. When she could barely see the tail lights, she left the ditch and walked up to the house that was attached to the gas station and knocked on the door. She had called earlier in the evening to let the Smith's know that she would be knocking on their door around 3 am.

Lucas' man hiding at the gas station, keyed into his radio.

"She knocked on the door and now is talking to some lady. They must know each other, they hugged."

"Roger that."

"Looks like she gave her something. She went out behind the station."

"Don't lose her!"

"Copy that."

Kay finished up talking to her dear friend, Mrs. Smith. She and her husband ran the gas station. Kay met them when she bought the property. Kay asked them to keep an eye on it.

"She got into a dark colored car and is heading your way."

"Roger, copy that she should be here in 10."

Moe had his truck parked out of sight, a short distance from the driveway going to the farm house.

"Moe do you have her in your sight."

"I see her headlights now. She just passed me."

"Okay, don't follow her."

"She's turning down the driveway."

"I see her headlights. Thanks guys."

"Not a problem."

"Any time."

"You want a couple of us to hang out?"

"No, I'm good here for the night."

"Copy that. We will find a place to sleep and wait to hear from you. Take care buddy."

"Will do."

Luca waited patiently for Kay to walk through that door. She had some explaining to do.

Kay hid the car behind the farm house. She took a deep breath and sat there. 'I did it, I really did it!' She felt so proud of herself! She got out of the car and walked toward the house. She looked around first, all was quiet. She stood still for a moment listening for any sounds of a possible car on the road. But she heard nothing and saw no lights coming down the roadway. Slowly she unlocked the door and stepped inside. She let out a breath of relief and went to turn on a light. She felt someone grab her hand and she screeched.