All Comments on 'The Bungalow'

by ConPulsion

Sort by:
  • 184 Comments
OOAAOOAAalmost 3 years ago

Seems there is some writing left at the end.... missing conclusion...

tangledweedtangledweedalmost 3 years ago

You can scribble your thoughts well enough; too bad those thoughts are so ridiculous. This story was the Loving Wives equivalent of the Coyote repeatedly failing to catch the Roadrunner.

TajfaTajfaalmost 3 years ago

This needs a conclusion. No phone calls accepted, return to find all her stuff in the bungalow, friends told about the reason for the divorce and general aftermath.

In the story I cannot see anyone except a total moron accepting what she proposed in any shape or form. Her stuff should have been packed the first time she did it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A part two seems necessary

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

two dumby and i feel sorry for either.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not a real finished story. I get what you say in the disclaimer, but still: why write something and not give it a real ending? Why write frustratingly vague nonsense?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

1 star for not divorcing the whore in the first place.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another cuck story

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 3 years ago

Everything you write is shit

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Pity. But you really do stop the stories when they could be interesting. You write well, but end up avoiding all the difficult and fun parts. In the end very unsatisfying, like leaving a guy with "blue balls", all tease and no payoff

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

This was a painful story to read. Besides watching this man's debasement drawn out with the agonizing, deliberate torture worthy of a serial killer, the slow, torpid pace was brutal. The MC's clueless, vacillating, easily-abused nature was way overdone, and the wife's ability to beat him down was overdone. It felt like a train wreck being run on a slow-motion loop. The ending was paced the way the rest of the story should've. A good, aggressive edit would make this pretty decent story readable. 3/5.

CharetteCharettealmost 3 years ago

I hope there would be part 2.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 3 years ago

Wow this is fucking wretched. 4 pages of pathetically stupid husband Going on and on about how he cannot except his wife being a cunt whore .... no this time I really mean it ..... and then trying to use logic or reason to dissuade somebody clearly mentally ill and extremely self centered.

Awful

Arc2456Arc2456almost 3 years ago

What a cuck, he should have kicked her ass out the first time!

InfosaugerInfosaugeralmost 3 years ago

Very good story, though I wouldn't have hold out so long.

I hope you allow others to write a sequel.

onetruegeekonetruegeekalmost 3 years ago

This feels unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story was quite ridiculous from the outset, no husband would stand by and let his wife prostitute herself just to scratch an itch. Complete nonsense.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

Garbage

Where & a Cuck.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

Garbage

Whore & a Wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You need a new editor and stop being so long winded and then giving a piss poor rushed ending. He deserved everything he got!

graymangazergraymangazeralmost 3 years ago

Rather unbelievable and frankly ridiculous but for some reason I quite enjoyed it. It really needs closure though there's nothing signifying there will be a second part.

The basic plot was good but I feel it was handled too lightly, I had a friend who's wife wanted to quit her dead-end job to try acting and there was more drama in one evening about that than there was in six months here. But they are the authors characters, created by him and they act as he says so who are we to tell him differently.

I believe more friction would have helped, everybody seemed to accept Joyce becoming a prostitute rather easily, none more so than her husband who appeared to just shrug his shoulders and allow her to do whatever she wanted. Indeed he reacted more because she lied about having a piercing than all the men she was fucking!

Despite the husband denying he's a cuckold he actually is, just because he doesn't consent makes no difference, and allowing his wife to prostitute herself he is in fact consenting. Wait for the reaction of the BTB trolls to see if I'm right?

Personally I don't mind cuck stories, the same as I don't mind BTB or RAAC as long as I enjoy reading said story and I did enjoy this. Strangely, despite the wife's selfishness and her basically cheating and despite the husbands weakness I disliked Barbara the most. She seems the most conniving and smarmy character, the woman most of the poorly written BTB stories always have waiting in the background to worm their way into the fractured marriage.

So will he divorce her? Will she stop seeing other men? Will Barbara be the wedge to finally drive them apart? Will there even be a second chapter? If so and after reading this one I can't imagine Joyce letting anybody or anything stopping her doing just as she likes, I actually see her convincing him to accept it if anything, then he really does become a cuckold.

How about a compromise: he hitches up with Barbara and they become pimps for Joyce and live comfortably on the money she earns? That way it might please everyone.

The author did state that he doesn't do sequels but this really is unfinished, not a sequel but some sort of resolution might be good.

vazkor13vazkor13almost 3 years ago

Ending is a bit fast, good story but a second part is needed : what will happen when his wife comme back? What will happen with Barbara ?

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

why would you put that whore in property your parents spent the life paying for, Disrespect! Second he has to be the dumbest SOB in the world, she has more say so in his life than he does. Third, why are the men in all your stories big ass doormats. You can't name 1 man in IRL that would put up with even 1/64th of the shit he took in the name of sex. Because no love was involve in any decision she made.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

As soon as she had decided to become a whore, he should have asked for divorce! Not foi g it, ruined all this story to garbage level!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Poor ending

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 3 years ago

meh, 3 stars

you made the wife brain dead and the husband put up no fight at all.

1959richard21959richard2almost 3 years ago

And what happened next ?

ConPulsion, what about Barbara and him??

Well, another unfinished story on this site 😡☹😕

*

*

*

*

*

AMerryman......Disappointed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This was stupid.

mattenwmattenwalmost 3 years ago

It wasn't until I read your biography and saw that you were English that everything became clear to me. It is said of you English that you are born cuckolds and your wives are born whores. Your story proves it down to the last iota!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I think endings must be the hardest part of a story to write. This ending for example, is most unsatisfactory. Our hero finally remembers he has a spine and delivers his ultimatum. He sets everything up for a final confrontation and then the story comes to a hard stop. It feels like the final page didn’t get submitted.

Very disappointed in the ending but I thank you for sharing your story with us.

jaythemanjaythemanalmost 3 years ago

I read most of the first page and decided to cut to the end. The husband character was weak and unbelievable. I have no idea how you wrote 4 pages of this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Need part 2 posted, the ending leaves a lot of story untold. The struggle to divorce is still to come.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not a likable character in the whole P.O.S. Idiots and jackasses, every one. Waste of your time writing this and worse, of my time reading (most of) it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a POS story................!

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 3 years ago

If both of them are so wealthy…they would make more money from the interest on the savings than from rent. Unless the rent was a million a year, it would be pennies compared to their savings.

As a result, I stopped reading your bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Part 2?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He was weak, He should have put his foot down in the beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a load of utter bullshit.

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51almost 3 years ago

This needs a chapter 2 to complete the story, you spent a good amount of time laying out her story now you need to give hubby's happy ending a run..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
No more

A train wreck from the start, and the last of your trash for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Stupid. Wife too eager. Husband too dumb. Plot was nonsense. Did not end.

2**

KarnevilKarnevilalmost 3 years ago

I kept waiting for something to happen, some incisive decision or action, but everything just drifted along sedately.

This was a story about a wife who decides to become a whore and not just any old whore, but a very successful and in demand one, yet there was precious little sex described for what was supposed to be an erotic story, but that's often the case, but worse her husband accepts it as though she's taken up knitting.

He doesn't go without however, it seems she practices her new found tricks on him and he also has an open invitation from the other whore, not to mention his secretary who does everything short of stripping to make it clear she's available. Meanwhile his wife/prostitute is fucking an ever growing number of men without a care in the world. And why should she care when it's bloody obvious he doesn't?

This needed to go one way or the other: he needed a make a stand at the outset and then have either a burn the bitch story or one with her cheating without his knowledge, or he needed to welcome it and embrace her for being a whore.

As it is it leaves one very frustrated, like having an itch but no way to scratch it. Nevertheless I read till the end and found myself wishing I could sample Joyce's charmes.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

Read the first page and then jumped to the last 5 paragraphs in the last page.

What a wimp of a man. Seems so helpless to put a foot down on his wife from having sex with other men. At least he more or less noticed he had spine in the end but still kowtow to wife what she commands like staying at HER flat. Wimp.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 3 years ago

Stan was painfully stupid for a professor. He was so very weak, I had a hard time being on his side. His wife was disgusting but his wimpy, lack of spine was just as much to blame. When you wife says she wants to be a prostitute, you divorce her right away not after six months of sloppy seconds and possible STDs. Best I can give this is 2*s

GamblnluckGamblnluckalmost 3 years ago

He did not have anything to say every time she ramped up her activities. He was a fool. I hope you finish the story with "I told you if you left it is over."

giving you a 3 for suck story if that is all there is to it.

LenardSpencerLenardSpenceralmost 3 years ago

What a weak, spineless, pathetic piece-of-shit husband. Couldn't stand up to his slut wife at all. Then actually fucking the slut after she had been prostituting herself... what a loser! It should have been divorce after the first two guys (that suddenly became three).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wimpy weak minded and spineless beta-male. Unbelievable he put up with and condoned her behavior for months on end and took no action to divorce her from the onset. Plus, he was dumb enough to still had sex with her. No telling what kind of nasty STD's she could have picked up. Not like she was getting tested regularly and no mention of any safe sex practices with the clients let alone screening of the clients. Oh, while you're divorcing her ass be sure to notify the tax magistrate office about her new profession and lack of tax payments on the income she's earning on her back.

LotusblumeLotusblumealmost 3 years ago

Story is OK, but why the need to have the proganist on the one side being a professor and on the other side being a complete dumb idiot? Strange what some of the authors here have in mind…

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You are a really sad example of a pathetic human being who has been stripped of all values that make us different from monkeys!!! I do hope u find peace in the gutter in your mind that you have slowly descended to!! I can only describe u in one word….untermench!

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellalmost 3 years ago

If you can't finish this story properly, you are just a shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She did not believe he meant his demand. I did not either.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A dumb cuckold and a slut don't make a story. Please no more of this shit !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another faggotty Brit husband character. Enough already. 1

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

I thought Nine Months Ago was the worst you could possibly write, but this, oh so English, cuck and whore story is even worse. You definitely have some ability to write, but your female characters all seem to be whores, and your men are cuckold simps without a trace of manhood. You must be another masochistic author who thrives on abuse, because you certainly ask for it with these stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Once you accept the absurdity of the plot the story becomes an enjoyable read. Unfortunately for those of us who relish reading Loving Wives stories this particular tale ended abruptly. What is missing is the anguish and brouhaha accompanying the divorce process. Let's hope the author sees fit to give us a Part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It’s left two much hanging. Are you going to give us a part two or should saddletramp don’t oy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I am not gonna hate on this story I hope there is a part two, I was actually hurting for the guy. I can see where he was coming from and how he let it slip away, I kept thinking how to cook a frog is slowly turn up the heat by then it’s to late.

phill1cphill1calmost 3 years ago

lol "...fourth month..."

c'mon man, your WIFE has been fucking people for four months and your guy is like "well, this month was not so bad..." or whatever he said.

And then no confrontation. So, basically, you said "fuck you, I couldn't be bothered to finish this lame farce" to your audience.

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 3 years ago

In my opinion, he was very weak. He should have stated at the beginning that they were an exclusive couple and their marriage vows included forsaking all others. He was NOT giving her permission to cheat, and he would not accept her actions. He should have hired a PI, gathered evidence and divorced her maybe after the 1st month. Also, you mad an error where you stated they were together and married for 40 years. Considering their oldest daughter was 22, that would probably put them in their mid 40's to early 50's; therefore 40 years together is an incorrect number - 25 maybe 30 years tops. Lastly, this story does deserve a part 2 - Obviously he needs to go ahead with the divorce and then marry Barbara. Joyce may have money from her inheritance and may be making a lot of money being an escort, but the love and companionship and everything that comes with a long term relationship/marriage she flushed down the toilet. She is going to have major regret for the rest of her life. That doesn't even touch on how her friends and family (remember the kids) will treat her when they find out she left the marriage to be a prostitute. She may get all the sex she wants, but that won't take care of her when she is feeling down or sick.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

WTF? This "man" is so weak and pathetic. No man with any pride would allow thier wife to cuckold him and let his wife become a whore and say and do nothing. Truly a pathetic story if this is the writers fantasy that is very sad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You need a better class of fans - these suck. Notice that several seem to have skipped your beginning statement, would have saved them writing a few comments. People, people, people - instead of trashing others work, try writing your own !!!!!!!

Thank you for your tale!

somewhere east of Omaha

billyblazebillyblazealmost 3 years ago

Weird place to stop the story. I know the author characterized it as a slice of life story, but it is a little unsatisfying to stop the story before anything is resolved at all. I think readers would have liked it a little more if we actually got to read about Joyce coming back to find that Stan has filed for divorce and see her reaction. I know it is strongly implied that is what Stan plans to do, but it would have taken only a couple of more paragraphs to actually get to a much better stopping point.

NYcastawayNYcastawayalmost 3 years ago

Waste of time after reading the abrupt ending... your disclaimer should say gotcha.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You went back and forth, never really expressing what lay behind the story. A few sex scenes with her lovers might have shown your readers what her emotional attraction to the prostitution thing was. Allowing him to vent his REAL emotions would have made him more than a cardboard cutout. That would have been the real story. This one is just a caricature of a story. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This needs a part 2!

dob092095dob092095almost 3 years ago

Cute story. But no man would agree to that. First thing I’d have done was hire a new secretary for ‘special services’. Amazing that she wants to slut around but keep hubby too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well done.

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 3 years ago
Cuck Shit

It took too long for him to get his balls back

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

For a professor, he's really stupid. When she brings up the "It's just sex" ploy, a logical retort is, "So if a husband goes to a prostitute, it's not cheating." Each step is one beyond what she promised, and it's never really addressed. He just makes a very subdued reaction when the first time he was adamant about it going beyond what she promised.

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 3 years ago

You did say it was impossible for anything like this to ever happen....Thank god! You just wrote the mc so weak he wasn't the mc. Anyway a seriously good editing may make it clearer but sadly no better. I'm sure some will like it as it's a varied audience on here but although not badly written compared to some not for me thanks.

Oy 26th ..if you check the tags you'll find hundreds of cuck stories by US authors for every one English one (probably...but I'll let you go count them) so back off.

Rocky62Rocky62almost 3 years ago

Well, Barbara it is! I see our soon to be divorced fellow recovering in the charms of Miss Barbaras ample bosom

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked it, but t am, dissatisfied with the abrupt ending. Despite your warning, I think this was a cheap out on your part. If you can't tell us a complete story, please don't offer any more.

JRandyJJRandyJalmost 3 years ago

This is absolutely the worst I've read on this site. I skimmed through some of your others, same trash. You are now at the top of my do not read list. What a waste of my time.

Tls2753aTls2753aalmost 3 years ago

Very well written, but believable enough to be very depressing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I couldn't finish it. Sorry.

This guy held a responsible position????

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaalmost 3 years ago

Stan was a stupid fool to let her begin from the start. And even a dumber fool after that 3rd one that wasn't supposed to happen. He let Joyce humiliate him, belittle him, and basically cuckold him for over 6 months. I have absolutely NO RESPECT for him as a man. This story was nothing but a cheap disrespecting acts of a poor husband who was too weak to STOP her from whoring herself out to many lovers. She stopped being a wife to Stan 6 months ago. Why it took him that long is ridiculous.... Not sorry that I give this poor sorry story 1/5 stars - can't give negative stars. I do agree with some that this story could benefit from a second chapter. That Joyce comes home to a empty house, not the bungalow, and Stan can't be found because he got transferred to another state and with the restraining order to keep her away from him. Would love to see that but....

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Well not great but ok.

I do have to address the poor brain damaged anon east of Omaha with his " People, people, people - instead of trashing others work, try writing your own !!!!!!!"

yeah thats like some idiot saying because you dont write music, play guitar, sing, play drums or bass you have no right to say someones music sucks. Your knuckles must be scraped of all skin at this point in life.

But you are right, he needs a better class of fans...obviously ones who havent hit their heads too hard and repeatedly.

Grouch6977Grouch6977almost 3 years ago
I've read the first half and the last quarter...

And to be honest, I felt that if she didn't have his initial blessing, she would had done it behind his back. The point is, he finally discovered that she was making decisions and not telling him until it was too late. If he grew bigger balls, there would had been no way she would had made that trip to America; unless, she had divorce papers in hand. Let her suffer the mental and emotional consequences while on that 5 day trip, not after her return. She will continue to whore herself out after the divorce.

Grouch6977

rkdmomrkdmomalmost 3 years ago

She needs to put the husband first not the client. Get rid of the piercing and be a normal wife not a whore, as that is what she is as she gets paid for sex.

ZalanaZalanaalmost 3 years ago

The nidus of a good yarn, but as others have pointed out maybe, it reads like the records of a marriage guidance counselor.

Still a good exploration of how the road to hell is often a pleasant journey.

ibbunkibbunkalmost 3 years ago

I'm torn by this story. I admit I was taken in by the story, but the first 95% was spent waiting for the man to come to his senses, but when he finally did it was extremely unsatisfying. Another rushed ending.

I agree it deserves a second part.

A cheating wife with no remorse leaves me unfulfilled.

I appreciate the author though, it held my attention.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Stan should have stopped all of her disrespect the first or second week by hiring a guy to make an appointment with her and then beat the crap out of her. She needed to see the flip side of being a prostitute which might have shaken some sense into her over-sexed, but feeble brain. Her explanation to Stan of how she got all those new “love marks” would have been priceless!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Laughably bad. Sex for money is prostitution and illegal in England. Period. Why didn't he ask his wife if he could fuck Cheryl? Or other prostitutes? It would just be sex, right? Joyce;s arguements were ridiculous. I don't think there was even one page of story here. He should have informed the police of her activities and had her arrested. Then filed for a divorce. Dumb.

kencorokencoroalmost 3 years ago

Whoever run this site need to move the 'story tags' to the first page.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Too slow. Worse, it's 4 pages. And then suddenly, it ends. As the reader, I'm not going to bother learning how to pace a story but you should.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 3 years ago

I read it all the way through. The male protagonist was consistent throughout; weak, indecisive, and whiny. There are no likeable people anywhere in this alleged story. The children play no role, get no consideration. Toward the end, no, stopping point is more accurate as there is no ending but I digress. Toward the last of the story the editing went to hell in a hand basket. Awful. Your "no sequel" rule is great for this effort. Give it a decent burial.

PdgriggsPdgriggsalmost 3 years ago

I enjoyed the story up until the final line was read. That is when I found out that THE STORY IS NOT FINISHED. Even after the warning from the author that, "the story is as is, and there will be no follow-up," I find myself upset because there is no closure of the plot and subplots. Just as I was really enjoying the story it ended. Doing this makes the reader antagonize. My frustration is, do I really want to read your other stories if you you end the same way?

KarenCDFLKarenCDFLalmost 3 years ago

A waste of everyone's time. Not having a sequel is one thing, but no ending?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This was so well written. I found myself caring for all the characters. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why would it matter that it is too late to cancel if she wasn’t going to do it again? Very unrealistic response from the husband. The ending was too abrupt. If you won’t write a follow up , at least finish the story. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
You Don't Do Sequels

Do you have any finished stories?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

An odd writing style. The first three pages were all a setup. It was only the fourth page where a truly dramatic and compelling story began, then suddenly ended, completely unresolved. The first three pages were just an exhibition of temerity, disconsolate self pity, subjugation to humiliation, and complete emotional and intellectual self castration. Oh, I just love the bitch SO much. Pulease. He's a complete and useless wimp. No wonder his "wife" is finding unexpected pleasure with actual men. Hell, the dumb shit hasn't even made her deposit the money in a joint account for his review and management. The entire debacle is mostly his own fault.

When the guiltless whore claimed it was impossible for her to cancel the American fuck fest he didn't even have the brains to point out, what if she got sick before the trip? What if she was in an accident? What if HE got sick or was in an accident, would she still not cancel her fucking adventure?

On second thought, a second chapter is almost pointless. His wife was gone the moment he agreed to let her start fucking other men. HE threw her and his marriage away, at HER prompting, but his permission. That's not love, that compulsive enablement; that's mental illness. It doesn't matter what happens next. Two bloody fucked up morons; who cares if they stay married, get divorced, live miserably or happily ever after? Its now a throw of the dice and totally irrelevant to any sense of dramatic theater human interest story. We are at the point where Madame Bovary is swallowing the rat poison, who cares to watch her writhe in agony or just mutely fall asleep and stop breathing?

A well written story of two pathetic and useless corpses. Just throw on some dirt, there's better things to do than watch the flies feast.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I like the authors stories but always seems to leave them unfinished. This ones no different.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Took 4 months to do what should of happened in 4 days. Didn't care for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Hmm

Stupid story. No one would agree to that behaviour and no ending.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
Dumb.

Wife leaves after threat of divorce if she goes? In the real world to do that is stupid. If her son or daughter were in a bad accident and in hospital? She’d not postpone or cancel her trip? Get someone else to cover? And if no one could, too bad so sad. So her marriage was not near as important as her children’s health? Well shit. Kick her to the curb. Escorting is a service industry. If she were a server at a restaurant and he says if you work another night it’s a divorce, and she says “I can’t. No one is able to cover my shift this week.” You think that would fly?

Of course, him letting her continue as soon as he found out she was actually escorting sounds wussie to me, so maybe she thought he’d wuss out and let her go for a week.

Whatever. Stupid. Though, technically reasonably well written.

3-stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Who needs a sequel to a story without an ending? Spare yourself the trouble and don't submit at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sell the f'ing bungalow you idiot!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

agree with iameasel

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wait, this retard is a professor?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userConPulsion@ConPulsion
I'm just an old guy living in England, with a slightly imaginative, dirty mind who is too old to do it, so has to put his wishful thinking into writing.