All Comments on 'The Bureau of Pleasure Control Ch. 05'

by KathrynLocksley

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
cmj711cmj711about 1 year ago

Enjoyable! Skip the cheese, add bacon to the burger ;)

I look forward to more.

GortmundyGortmundyabout 1 year ago

Been 1 bombed myself, you dont deserve it. Your stories are great. 5/5

Hmm, the road to Hell is paved with yellow bricks they say... Gotta watch them cheeseburgers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Amazing series - hot as hell, but also such a thoughtful and sensitive exploration of human society's bad romance with hierarchy and the inherent tension between submission and free will. And how exquisite it is when free will is exercised towards submission.

Also, great writing - so concise and direct in pacing and yet with an ear for cadence and delightful details that we can linger over.

Please keep writing! I'd spend all my points to read the next chapter.

AstolphoAstolpho12 months ago

This series is fantastic.

Dystopian settings where the whole world is reimagined through the dark mirror of a particular set of kinks are a staple of online erotica. Chastity seems to be especially common, I think because for a lot of people, the ultimate thrill isn't just the experience of frustration or being caged, it's the idea of the vast normative force of culture and all the coercive powers of the state being bent towards controlling our sexuality. However imposing and steppy a particular mistress or master might be, they will not be able to pull in Hobbes' Leviathan with a fishhook.

The best stories in this vein tend to balance verisimilitude in the world and kink elements work with a sense of humanity, of real people inhabiting this system, all while tightrope walking over the underlying absurdity of the premise. This story is one of the best I've read. The Bureau feels like a real organ of a totalitarian state, staffed by and acting upon real people who are frail and awkward and sympathetic, even as the Bureau itself is both monstrous in its logic and terrifyingly hot at the same time.

Officer Deacon is a great example. In the first chapter when we meet her she's in her element, completely in control, seemingly omnipotent, with a begging Kristen at her mercy. But then we start to see behind the curtain, and realise that she's also vulnerable, her dominance like all Bureau agents is a carefully choreographed performance, that she's conflicted in her feelings for Kristen, and ultimately just as much a slave to the Bureau as Kristen is.

Seeing Kristen's journey and the real conflict of loyalties she is starting to experience has been great. From the first chapter we get a strong sense of her personality, that mix of an analytical and creative mind, and rebelliousness which actually comes from quite a strong attachment to principle, and this only deepens as we get to know her. It remains to be seen whether Kristen will become some kind of resistance leader or a terrifyingly effective agent of the system, but I'm excited to find out either way!

I'd eagerly await any other stories you might want to tell in this world, or maybe a prequel chapter with some vignettes of Kristen's belting along with other people in her age cohort. The mention of a "ceremony" and its significance as an adult rite of passage, and the feelings that must result, feel like they might have something worth further exploring.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKathrynLocksley@KathrynLocksley
***UPDATE SPACE*** Update 5/6/24: Just posted a new perma-exclusive story on my Patreon called "In the Hands of the Priestess Queen." It's a m/f femdom story about a sex-positive priestess and her adoring follower who really, really wants some strict fire and brimstone treat...