All Comments on 'The Collaring of Chloe Ch. 24'

by MemoryofSnow

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A Perfect Resolution....

....To the assault by a drunken arsehole. I don’t think it’s something that most men understand, I tried to explain it to my husband and I was shocked that he didn’t get it.

Women have to assess every situation with a view to personal safety. What clothes to wear, whether it’s safe to go anywhere alone, planning routes to get from one place to another even in broad daylight, how to speak to people, deciding if it’s even safe to speak to people. Ironically we’re even made to feel guilty if some cretin attacks us because we “should have known better”.

Tess (UK)

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnowabout 4 years agoAuthor
Regarding: A Perfect Resolution

It is very tough for women and the sad truth, whether it's fair to them or not, they do have to be extra vigilant about so many things. So often social groups go on about how a woman shouldn't have to worry about what they wear in public or have to consider ways to keep themselves safe. The ideals behind this argument are good, people really should know how to control themselves, but it's still just -ideals-. Reality is that women must be cautious all the time because of men like 'Chad'.

I am glad you feel this was a good ending to the chapter and I'm glad you seem satisfied with how it went. I tried to make sure to illustrate the idea that Chloe did know better than to do some of the things she did, but, like with reality, sometimes we make mistakes and sometimes an attempt to defuse something just lights the wick.

I tried to make sure this wasn't overly traumatic in it's execution, as I didn't want to have worry about it causing trigger issues. I figured keeping it from getting further than the initial scare and the firm resolution of it would help with that. I'm glad that seems to have been so.

As always, Tess, I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter and I hope you continue to enjoy it. Feel free to drop me a line through feedback if you ever want to discuss things from the story in more depth. I enjoy your insights and would love to talk more with you and get some of your own experiences with the lifestyle.

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 2 years ago

Only Surprised Something Didn’t Happen Sooner

I’m constantly amazed at the male propensity for self delusion. Many men are convinced they are irresistible to women and if a woman indicates a lack of interest, she’s merely masking her cravings for his body or “playing hard to get.” Although he may be 30 years older, decidedly overweight with an obvious aversion to soap and water, in his own mind he’s still attractive to women. So he’ll feel entitled to dismiss any protests as just games, since he knows she wants him! Ugh! Thank you for letting Shawn take Chad done and sharing your talents with us.

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnowover 2 years agoAuthor

Shawn coming to Chloe's rescue was easily one of my absolute favorite moments to write. I loved seeing Chad get his due and getting to show that strong side of Shawn. I agree that so many men have such flawed and ridiculous delusions about what it means to 'be a man'. I have met far too many men just like Chad, mistaking 'confidence' with 'arrogance'.

I have to say though, while a lot of people have cheered over Shawn battering him effortlessly, I think Mittens' own fearlessness, coming to Chloe's aid without a thought, was more heroic to me.

HiFrancHiFrancover 1 year ago

I might start reading this again but i’ve forgotten half the characters. I stopped reading when the confrontation with Chad started. I was so worried on Chloe’s behalf that I pressed pause on the story.

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnowover 1 year agoAuthor

I hope that your need to pause was due to concern for Chloe and not due to any personal trauma you've experienced that the story may have dredged up. If the latter is the case, I am very sorry. I've tried to keep things in the story from being too graphic when tackling moments like this, but I also don't want to pretend that such things do not exist or never happen.

While there are occasional dramas in the story, my majority aim is for the story to be more funny and romantic than most anything else. I do hope that what points that are in where the reader might find themselves uncomfortable are mild enough that the more humorous moments are able to balance things back out.

Thank you for not giving up on the story and I honestly hope you are able to continue to enjoy it. If not, I do understand and am glad I got to at least share some of it with you. :)

HiFrancHiFrancover 1 year ago

All I’ll say on the issue is that I find it easier to make friends with women than men, and that I am always there for them when they need someone to talk to.

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnowover 1 year agoAuthor

If I have learned anything about people, it is that having someone there to listen, even if that is all they do, allow you to be heard, then it always a blessing. Thank you for reading and I hope that you were able to return to the story and enjoy it.

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnowover 1 year agoAuthor

If I have learned anything about people, it is that having someone there to listen, even if that is all they do, allow you to be heard, then it always a blessing. Thank you for reading and I hope that you were able to return to the story and enjoy it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMemoryofSnow@MemoryofSnow
Characters, Story, and Text for all my writing are protected by Copyright Law. Thank you for all the love and support I have received her over the last couple of years. I am grateful that my work here is still getting attention and comments and I received new Followers from ...