All Comments on 'The Collaring of Chloe Ch. 39'

by MemoryofSnow

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loving this story. This chapter was short I wanted to read more. I'm glad she and August talked things out. I'm wondering if James knows about Victoria's offer. He is clever.

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnowover 1 year agoAuthor

August is a funny character to me. When I first introduced her, she wasn't meant to be much more than just a one-off character that wouldn't really be touched on again after the chapter she was introduced in. However, a funny thing happened, a few chapters later, I made the decision to bring her back in the scene of having the trio taking her to a munch and introducing her more to the lifestyle. At the time, I had intended it simply as a way of establishing that she and Chloe had not really done more than be friends up to that point and, again, hadn't intended to come back to her again.

Instead, her relationship with Chloe took an unexpected turn. I've always been the kind of writer who lets his characters guide him and, without planning for it, events caused August to become a far bigger part of things than she had ever been meant to. For this reason, when things started to go sideways, a few people felt a little sideswiped. Had a originally planned for the arc she and Chloe have taken in the story, I would have added far more in earlier moments with her.

That said, by the time I was writing out the fight she and Chloe had, I knew that August was going to continue to be a significant character in the story and Chloe's life. I've begun to develop a lot more ideas for the future with August, and I fully expect her to be someone with whom there will be plenty of ups and downs. She is not a terrible person (like say, Chad), but she is a somewhat flawed person.

For now, she and Chloe have indeed worked a few things out, but I don't think we've seen the last of August's 'turbulent' side.

(Also, I wanted to address that I noticed, just now, that I accidentally used the name 'Donny Walker', instead of 'Danny Walker'. I'm about to submit a revised chapter, but if you are reading this before the revision gets published, 'Donny' is Danny. Hah.)

Fibroidkey794Fibroidkey7943 months ago

Good to see Chloe and August making amends.

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnow3 months agoAuthor

Chloe is nothing, if not forgiving. In the end, Chloe sees it as what went down with August was just as much her own fault as it was August's bad. I wanted August to be a 'heavy' ultimately, but not so much an actual 'villain', like Danny Walker. August will return and will occasionally bring a little more drama, but not out malice. I want her to be the character that you don't hate, but hate to see coming. Hahaha

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMemoryofSnow@MemoryofSnow
Characters, Story, and Text for all my writing are protected by Copyright Law. Thank you for all the love and support I have received her over the last couple of years. I am grateful that my work here is still getting attention and comments and I received new Followers from ...