All Comments on 'The Community Pt. 02'

by PastMaster

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
DaliniDaliniover 1 year ago

I liked it, good sequel, i like that it didn’t rehash too much of the previous story, what i think could have brought it full circle was bringing in the testimonies/appearances of one or both of the 2 other couples, but i understand the reluctance and the reason behind not doing so, overall 5 stars, well deserved, in my humble opinion

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 1 year ago

Interesting and entertaining tale. I liked it. Well-written and with good character definitions. Thanks for the tale, and please, keep writing.

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

This is how it's done!

I can't fault anything about this story. A great build up and a very satisfying conclusion.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

4 star. Could have been 5 star but your joke at the end wast funny.

/

Still it was well done and have to admit the writer can write well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I could never have imagined what the sequel would be about, but this is really very good.

(I’m not sure about the sentences, though, and Bob and Tracey getting all their money. I watch “Forensic Files”, and am constantly disgusted when, after having heard people being sentenced to life terms for particularly gruesome murders, a slide comes on at the end, telling me that they have since been paroled!)

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Nicely done sequel! I was a little unclear why Bob didn’t go with the cops to get the girls, but toward the end you made it a little clearer the mess he was, so I’ll let that go. I’m not sure what Tracey was guilty of, especially since it was proven they drugged her as well. Rounding up to 5*.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

Nice to get the resolution and the reconning those scumbag characters deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great end to Jeremy and cabal.

PastMasterPastMasterover 1 year agoAuthor

I have to extend my moat profound apologies to bigfundrew for not crediting him as an editor on this story. His work and thoughts are much appreciated

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Considering his experience with gay sex was always as a bottom, his morning comment about knowing they didn't have sex because he was wearing a cage is both out of character and irrelevant.

I appreciate you giving this story some closure. I was one of those frustrated by the lack of resolution in your first installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Terrific

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Well done!

You took on board so many viewpoints and loaded them beautifully into your sequel.

What a great story, so we’ll put together with a totally believable plot.

Easily scores 5/5 and into favourites

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Jeremy and beth would have had to die.....no if ands or buts. After the civil suit was settled and the money paid Accidents would have started happening. Oh and sheila would have been the prison bitch to the whole population at least until till she finally did something productive and killed herself. No sympathy or regret for these actions either. Just a good way to get closure. Oh and Alpha man jerermy would have accidentally died while getting repeatedly raped in the big house. See how he likes it.

njlaurennjlaurenover 1 year ago

I liked it,both the 1st one and this. Of course it was over the top but then this is LW. It is good the victims didn't pay the price. Of course you could add that likely Jeremy, Beth, Sheila and Dave would end up dead or mangled when word of what they did passed into jail. Jeremy esp would have all kinds of foulness happen to him.

Very different, also kind of cool that the homophobic a holes were beaten by a couple of gay guys.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

It's a beautiful day in the community, NOT!

4

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A decent follow up that gave closure to A Lot of unanswered questions. Thanks for the effort.

robinhodrobinhodover 1 year ago

Sorry, I didn't like it all. Didn't even feel a need for it.

Nonetheless, it was very well written and I still admire PastMaster.

Maybe it's my sheltered upbringing, but I'm just not comfortable with over the top weird.

So: a definite 5 for the writing, but 1 for the story = 3.

I've given it a 4 though because I want more stories.

dvusjedidvusjediover 1 year ago

Great ending to a good series, enjoyed both stories immensely. If I could offer just one critique moving forward (and seriously, not trying to step on any toes) you tend to put everything in the past tense. I realize that the retelling from the mc puts the events in the past but objects, relationships, etc should still be told in the present unless it doesn't exist in the present. I.e. "had a beautiful 4 bedroom house" did they move? "Had twin girls", are they dead? Could just be me nitpicking because I really do enjoy your storytelling, I only mention due to continuity purposes, otherwise bravo

dvusjedidvusjediover 1 year ago

OK I'd like to recant my previous statement since there were only a couple instances where I actually saw it (yes I re-read stories I felt I was being hyper critical.) The only thing that truly stuck out in this chapter was his telling of the house and of the things pertaining to, at the start of this chapter. Had a house, had four bedrooms, had a backyard,... a pool etc. And really wasn't trying to nitpick only wanted to point that out. Feel free to NOT keep my comments 😁

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What did I like about this story? Just about everything. It had a good, solid short story format. You introduced the main characters, the setting, and the conflict. Every element of that first part had a place in the story. The middle developed the conflict and the ending tied up the story with a neat little bow on top. Everyone acted within their assigned characters. Even the throw away characters such as Sheila's mother spoke and acted exactly how you would expect in each situation. I particularly appreciated the legal aspect. The cops, DA, and defense attorney all talked and acted like actual cops, DA, and defense attorney. You handled the arrests, bail issue, trials, plea deal, and lawsuits with a minimum of fuss - just enough information to move the plot to it's end. The only thing weak point for me was how quickly the twins reconciled with Bob. But even there you gave realistic reasons - they discovered Jeremy was their father and that their mother planned to have Jeremy, their father, rape them. That would destroy their perception of their mother. That trauma would result in them looking to Bob for a sense of stability and protection.

Overall, an excellent story.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

OK, this was definitely a great sequel! I was one of the people who complained about lack of retribution for the people involved, and this solved the problem marvelously.

Thank you so much both for your effort in the work, and for listening to the readers who yearned for karna, I'd give this 10 stars if I could, and am changing my rating on first part from 4 back to 5 stars.

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazierover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Well-written, entertaining; but, such a grossly disgusting tale.

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Excellent Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐

When I went through this the first the first time, I gave it ⭐⭐⭐

After reading the first part and commenting on it I came back and reread this one. Upon my reread I enjoyed it a whole lot more. I know all of you yelling at me no about what a dumb shit I am for not reading Pt 01 first. I agree with you.

I enjoyed the level of Karma the story gives to the leaders of the cabal as you put it. It may not have been ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ like I gave Pt 01. But to me it just didn’t match how much I enjoyed the first one. However, having 2 girls and 2 granddaughters, I probably should have given it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ for Bob protecting his girls.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good job with this chapter, as well with chapter one. I think you could have left the story where it was, but I understand how some readers like a more definitive ending, and consequences for the wrong doers, good for you to give that to them, It was a good story with or without part two, guess that makes it a win, win for you. Thanks for your time and effort. KS

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not terrible, but the way it was written was less than ideal.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Nice wrap up to a crazy tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow!! Great Story! Loved It!!

redboat7redboat7over 1 year ago

Wow!! Great Story!! Loved It!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done. The new guys, the gay neighbors, turn out to be an asst.? DA and a social worker; and they help Bob get clear of his own degradation, turn state's evidence, protect his daughters from certain incestuous rapings, and rehab Tracey who had also been similarly degraded. And the survivors all end up in one decent happy family. Amazing! Probably a bit too neat. But hey, aft this horrible tale, that was a relief for us readers! Nicely pulled together.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 1 year ago

Love it for the punishment the assholes got. After the first story I wondered why Alan didn't sue Sheila.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So it was nice to get a wrap up from the first chapter but it seemed a bit "pat" and what most authors would have written given the circumstances. I was looking for something a bit more clever and original. Not sure what, but I leave that stuff to the authors. Thanks for at least putting SOME kind of ending to it.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

"Called him Jeremy" - good one. No likeable characters in this story...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved it, both are great stories, thanks for posting. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent follow-up to the first chapter. It could have gone in various directions, but for those crying out for justice, this was especially satisfying.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Great finish to a very good story.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker12 months ago

Give them Both at least a 5 .. Good story, pretty well thought out.. Both were equally good as the other.. 🙄🙄🤔😁👍😉👌💯🍻

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well done. Justice is served. Was interesting to.read about the history and then the events of the prior chapter recounted here.

WisquejacWisquejac8 months ago

Much better ending.

AllNigherAllNigher8 months ago

Another good read. Enjoyed it.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster13 months ago

Nice finish to a great story, and five stars for this part, too.

You said in the intro to this one that you hadn't planned on a second part, but as has been said, this part was a good finish to Part 1.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPastMaster@PastMaster
Other locations you can find my work https://storiesonline.net/s/29762/caleb-by-pastmaster?ind=1 https://readonlymind.com/@Pastmaster/Caleb/ or on my patreon patreon.com/user?u=577867 KR PM

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Community Previous Part
The Community Series Info