The Compromise

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I saw this was breaking her heart, all she said seemed like the classic cheaters cliches, but her distress was genuine, she had reinforced yet again that she truly does love me.

I had a sudden thought that I should talk to my doctor, two things hit me, was what she was saying an actual thing for women within touching distance of the menopause and was my modest libido something I was stuck with, or could it be altered?

Why had neither of us considered the second part? I started to wonder, had she thought of that but dismissed it because she wanted some strange cock? Now that really would be a problem, another betrayal.

However, that was something to follow up tomorrow, I'd make an appointment. For now, she obviously had something in mind, so, "What are you thinking of to change things June?"

She floored me with the first thing, but in a good way.

"Kev, have you thought of seeing your doctor, maybe he could give you something to increase you libido, maybe you could try Viagra, that might help you get back to being up - pardon the pun -- more than once a night?"

My relief must have shown in an inappropriate look on my face, "What?" she said, "You don't want to see the doctor? Please try Kev."

"No, it's not that June, it's that I had that exact thought a few minutes back. I was thinking of contacting Dr Bill tomorrow, believe it or not."

June threw her arms around my neck and hugged me tight; murmuring thank you repeatedly. She really did a convincing job of showing me she loves me -- apart from all the fucking of other guys. of course! I almost laughed at the contradiction; my June is that classic case of a conundrum wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. Go figure.

We settled again to talk.

"Anything else June?"

"Kev, you know, you can bloody well hear it every Friday night, I get pounded and I have a shitload of orgasms, it takes the edge off but It is getting harder and harder to last between Fridays but I know I'm really pushing my luck as it is so I know doing more is out of the question, am I right?"

I nodded yes quicker than the blink of an eye.

"Then Kev, I want us to try something, please make your appointment with the doctor tomorrow. I hope he can offer help but here is what I want us to try. I want us to rev things up, I want you to fuck me in the back of the car, on the beach, even public places. I want you to be turned on by different things, I'm constantly turned on, it's what does it for you that matters. We can try sexy lingerie, anything you want, any kind of sex, we've never done anal, I've always resisted but Kev, I'll try anything now."

"Kev, I want to tell you this, it's the most important thing and I swear it's true. Yes, I've needed those orgasms, those Friday sessions have helped me scratch an itch BUT although I love the orgasms, afterwards it's a really empty feeling, when the physical rush is over, there is nothing, nothing at all. I miss us Kev, I miss the afterglow of intimate contact after we have made love. It's you that I need Kev."

She was tearing up again, she may have been a slut for almost a year but underneath it all she was my wife, still in there inside her heart she still wanted to be my wife and I fucking love her for that.

"Kev, let's do these things, no more "Friday nights" except with you if we just try to get back the joy of the intimacy and love that we used to have, if a tablet to enhance libido or some Viagra works and we both work hard at keeping each other satisfied, we can do this together. We can even put that big TV and sound system to work to get us going. I want to be with you, back in your bed, I want it to be our bed again, please Kev, I'm begging you."

"June, you are preaching to the choir. I have waited all these months for you to come back to me, it's hurt me, oh how it's hurt me bad, but I knew through it all that if I walked away I'd regret it for the rest of my life."

"June, lets do this, but, and I don't want to scare you or put you under pressure, it needs to work. I'm not sure my heart could survive if you go back to what you've been doing, you understand?"

"I know Kev, we'll make it work."

Epilogue: It's 3 years later, we are still together.

I went to the doctor; he told me that there are things on the market that claim to enhance libido but few if any are proven to work but that some of the supposedly successful ones share some of the make up of Viagra.

So, I started taking that any whilst my erections survived my first orgasm, I didn't always have more. June however had a hard cock to fuck her longer, we bought all sorts of toys, I became more committed to going down on her when she headed more than I had in my balls. We did try anal and both kind of liked it, we do it at times but not all the time and yes we started fucking in all sorts of strange and not so strange places which did getting my motor running mostly.

We still very much love each other.

Have I forgotten the long months of mental anguish most Friday nights? Fuck no, but I have tried hard to put it behind us. It's not easy, she may have been mostly honest, but she did betray me, that's hard, it has affected us, things are good but not quite what they were before.

One thing I don't doubt, it may not have been other men's choice to go through what I did, but I am a happier man now that I have her back that I would ever have been if we'd parted.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but my life is better off with her in it. I just never fell out of love with her despite the hurt.

12