The Court Case

Story Info
Black female paralegal falls for a white lawyer.
17k words
4.74
29.2k
78
17
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Jay626
Jay626
2,386 Followers

**This is an Interracial possible pregnancy romance. If this is not your thing, then pass on this story.

***This is a copyrighted story. I do not give anyone permission to publish this work outside of Literotica***

Sandra woke up to her alarm feeling ready to take on the world. It was still early and her morning exercise bike routine was calling her. It was the only time of the day that she could spare just for herself before the rigors of work beat her energy to a pulp. With her ear buds in and music playing, she zoned out, not thinking about anything while peddling the bike to nowhere as fast as she could.

It was only forty minutes, but it was enough to get her heart pumping and feeling alive. The sweat that poured off her body was proof that her hard work kept her figure tip top without pills or a surgeon's knife. Even though she was only twenty seven, she did not want to fall into the routine her friends did; letting their bodies go while accepting the traditional female roles of society. She knew there was still enough time to be a wife and a mother, just not yet.

As she was showering and getting ready for work her mind ran though what she was going to wear for the day. It was a big day as she was assigned a new case that could come with a big bonus if it was settled or a bigger one later on if it went to court. It was one of the benefits of working as a paralegal for McGwin, McGuire and Price that everyone working on the case got to reap the rewards.

Sandra did a quick check of her dark black hair, making sure it was straight and down to her shoulders while highlighting her light brown skin with some makeup. It was nothing flashy but a subtle look as she then reached for her thin black bra, covering up her breasts and making sure they were not visible though her blouse. With a medium length skirt over her light pantyhose, she was ready to head to work and see what the next few months had in store for her.

Looking herself over, she ran her fingers down her skirt making sure there were no wrinkles or tears in her stockings. She then gave her chest a quick glance making sure that her cleavage was not exposed as her bra held her large but not obnoxious breasts. She then rechecked her eye liner and smiled to make sure that no lip stick was on her teeth.

McGwin, McGuire and Price was the most well known and established firm in the city. It was also known for being particular about formality. Both male and female employees dressed conservatively and were expected to behave in such a manner as well. People addressed each other by their formal names with no exception and social media was monitored too.

With all of the downsides, the main upside was the money and lots of it. The firm was considered the most high profile firm and some lawyers would settle just knowing they would have to go against the firm. The feeling of working for such a firm was rewarding and spending money on clothes and shoes was a business expense for her.

She pulled into work in her company BMW, parking in her assigned spot right next to the junior partners of the firm. McGwin, McGuire and Price also had the best perks when it came to company cars for staff. From a company car to an expense account, she felt at home with them even though she was only with them three years. It wasn't even a contest to what other firms were paying as she knew she was the highest paid paralegal in the city.

With all the great pay and perks of the job, it was all consuming at times. She sat at her desk waiting for the call to go into the conference room for the meeting today. The only thing she did know was that she would be working with William Price on his new case and it was a big case for the firm. William's father was Don Price, a senior partner and it was him that personally selected her to work with his son on this case. She knew it was an honor to be hand picked for the case as it meant a lot of money for the firm.

The phone rang and she walked to the sound of her heels clicking on the floor as she made her way into the meeting. She was the only female paralegal in the firm and the only one of color in the building. Although she knew they offered jobs to a few more but it was turned down when they heard about the overly formal atmosphere. The firm did not care about race and prided themselves on merit as she knew from her own high salary. Now as she sat she knew that the firm wanted a return on what it paid her and this case was her new baby.

She looked at William Price. He was the youngest man in the room, about thirty four she guessed, and every woman in the firm knew that he was the best looking, too. He was over six feet tall and had dark brown hair and striking blue eyes. Although he was wearing a suit, it was still obvious that he spent time in the gym.

From the other secretaries and other office staff she knew he was a track star in college and the only son of Don Price. He was the heir apparent to the company and everyone knew that he earned his spot too. He brought in the highest paying clients and now she felt she was in the inner circle for the firm working on a case with him.

William explained the case to his father and the two other senior partners. He was enthusiastic as he explained how he had signed up the son of a former engineer from Ford. The son said that the engine design and the idea for three of their cars came from his father. William then showed the documents he had which clearly outlined theft by the Ford Motor Company. The only problem was proving it and gathering more evidence.

Sandra was writing her notes and looked over to see the senior partners were not overly thrilled about the case. She knew it was a shot in the dark and assumed the partners did too. The payoff would be tremendous though and she figured that was why William wanted to take on the case. William's father conferred with the two other senior partners and then turned to William.

She listened about how he had six months to gather enough evidence and then present his findings again to see if the firm wanted to move forward with he case. If they didn't like what he had they would not pursue the case any further. William nodded his head in agreement.

Don looked at Sandra and then at his son. "You can have Ms. Cassidy for six months before I need her on another big case."

She walked out with William and followed him to his office. Once inside his large office he pulled out a chair for her and then jumped into his chair with his phone already out. She did not even say a word but listened to him talk. He outlined his plan to her and then explained how he jumped the gun not telling the senior partners he had already filed for discovery.

Sandra knew he played with fire but didn't get burned. What she did hear was that she and him would be digging through papers for a long time to find more evidence of what they needed. Hard work was nothing new and she was ready to take on this project with him. The worst it would be was six months sorting papers.

William led her to the basement where he said the discovery files would be. It was a place she knew was for long term storage only and had only heard of it as it was only used for files older than a decade. The firm employed a cleaning crew and she knew that they didn't even use the basement for anything either. It was a place she just assumed was used to put things that could be forgotten.

The stairs to the basement showed off the age of the building as the wood floors creaked. The dusty basement had a moldy smell that was either from the age of the building or the lack of air circulation. William said that the files were put down here last week and he had it done over the weekend as to not alert people. When he said it took two days and a crew of workers she assumed he was exaggerating. That ended when he turned on the light to reveal to her horror that he wasn't exaggerating.

The basement was an immense room and it was stacked high with file boxes. The ten foot high ceilings had boxes stacked right up to the top. The sides of the basement were stacked high with old furniture and old antiquated equipment that she knew had not been used in well over thirty years. The firm was founded fifty years ago and some of the stuff in the basement was just that old.

"Ohhh, God," she exhaled knowing that the discovery files had to be about a hundred boxes.

He then turned to her. "I know. They are trying to drown us and make us go away."

"Mr. Price, it's going to take months just to go through half of this," she said, knowing that there was no way that he was going to get what he needed in only six months.

"I know. I hope you don't have plans for this weekend... or any other weekend for six months," he answered as she felt at a loss for a task that she knew was almost pointless and impossible.

She turned to him knowing that the next six months were going to be hell. "Not any more."

"What we need to find first is the design specs and the notes that go along with it. I am thinking from 1975 to about 1980. Once we have that we can build a case."

As he talked she let her mind go to just doing what she could without wondering how this was going to hurt her standing with the firm if they didn't find what they needed. The feeling of being valued was there and she had a pit in her stomach that it would fade away once she failed at this.

The rest of the day she sat with William and discussed what they needed to find and where they were probably stashed in the boxes that were delivered. She wrote down what she would be looking for and a few other things that they might need.

She looked around his office and could tell that he was not a decorator and that he had no pictures on his walls. It was like everything was temporary and that he never really moved in. It was no secret that he was divorced as she got hired after he split from his ex-wife. Sandra knew she was in no position to judge as her sex life was stored in a drawer and required cleaning after it was used.

***

The following two days she helped him organize his files for moving forward and yet they had not dug into the discovery files in the basement. What shocked her was that his ex-wife still called him almost daily. She was shocked when she called the first time and when she continued to call each day, questions about their relationship came her but she held back knowing it wold be a personal question.

The whole firm knew about his divorce and how his ex wife Megan acted. Sandra remembered that she had come into the firm a couple of times during her first year with the firm. She recalled how his ex-wife Megan was very pretty and the ditzy blonde look matched her personality too. Sandra knew that she was a trap for men with her large breasts that looked oversized for her small stature that she seemed to show off with low cut tops.

It was Friday two days after getting put on the case that she heard a small amount of the conversation as his ex-wife talked louder than normal. She was asking for money to go out for the weekend and William was just pleading with her to not do anything stupid or get in trouble.

Sandra wondered why William was still single but then chalked it up to still being interested in his ex. It all seemed to make sense to her even though she kinda felt sorry for him. Not that she was looking for a relationship at work, but she knew a handsome man like William would have no problem finding girls.

William told her he was going to work on Saturday and that he had a clue to what section to look in. He said it was just to do a quick look and was not going to be a full day and that she didn't have to come. She saw the desperate, eager look on him and knew that there was no talking him out of it. The prospect of starting right then and there, not waiting for Saturday was there on his face. She knew that there was no way she was going to go in that dingy basement with her new shoes and blouse though.

Saturday was normally a day to go shopping or visit with friends, but something didn't seem right. William mentioned about him starting around ten and by ten she was dressed in baggy sweat pants and a simple shirt ready to dig through files with him not even being asked to either. It wasn't that she wanted to, but she felt that she did not want it to come back at her that she didn't give her all.

She walked into the empty building and then descended to the basement into the dusty realm of files and evidence boxes. Her hair was pulled back and she prepared herself for a messy day. No makeup required as she knew a shower was destined for later.

"Mr. Price...Mr. Price. Anyone down here?" She called out when she reached the basement to see the light on but nobody there.

"Yea...over here." William said as he came out from a stack of boxes with files in his hand. He was dressed down just like her, wearing jeans and a t-shirt. his formal attire ditched like hers as she felt it was a day of grunt work and formalities were no longer needed.

"I am here...where are we starting?" she exhaled knowing it was going to be a grind.

"Ohhh...over here. I organized the boxes by year, assuming they are labeled right. We need anything technical written by a Richard Morrow from 1968 to 1980."

"Okay...got it."

She got into a groove of reading and sorting as he seemingly did the same. She found a few things by Rich Morrow and then filed them in another box. There was no time to look at what they were, as it would be read and sorted later. It was a boring task but she persevered like normal and kept going.

"I am really sorry for taking away your Saturday. I know there are plenty of other things you want to do," William said, breaking the silence.

"Nahh. It's just a day. Although I am going to stop you if you think Sunday is a work day," she answered as she reached for more files.

"Can I ask if I am taking you away from somebody? It's not that I want to pry, but I would feel bad if I was and would say you can go. Or actually, I'd insist that you go."

She knew he was getting personal but felt it was a harmless question. Wanting and having someone were two different things and she decided to go honest as it was just making conversation.

Sandra went with the blunt truth not elaborating that tomorrow was going to be a day of digging into her drawer for love. "Nobody. Just me."

"Well, if you want to leave you can. I know this is a wild goose chase...but I feel there is something."

"I will stick it out with you. But what about you?" She asked knowing the answer already as his ex called him every time they were in a meeting.

"Me...I am like you. Just me."

Sandra knew there was something there as he had to know she knew about Megan his ex. She called everyday at noon when they were having a meeting. Why was he not elaborating or was he just being played by her?

"Can I ask a personal question? You don't have to...I know we are just colleagues." She commented wanting to break the barrier and start off on a more casual level since they were still addressing each other with formal last names.

"Please. We can be casual. I think we can drop the formality down here with names and such too. I think that if you are down here in all of this...the least we can be is casual." He said looking around at the basement in all of its dusty glory.

"Okay. I wanted to ask about your ex. She calls every day. Are you with her still? I didn't mean to pry, but she calls every day."

Before he answered she knew it was too much and decided to backtrack her question. "I guess being casual is too much. Sorry."

He waved his hand at her showing that he didn't mind. "Noo. no. It's fine. It's just complicated. I am not with her at all. I just feel bad for her."

"So what about you? Since we are being casual." He came back as she knew she needed to divulge personal information.

"I don't know. I just find men want time I don't have," Sandra confessed knowing it was the truth but leaving off that her ex cheated on her.

As much as she wanted to ask questions, he began to talk about the case and then what files he was going to look at next. It was business as usual and when a couple of hours passed, he stood up and stretched letting his shirt expose his stomach. Her eyes instantly saw that his body was well kept and that he probably had to work at the abs he had.

She never dated a white guy before, but she knew that he was physically attractive no matter what skin color he was. She still found it odd that he didn't at least date. Thoughts of a second side of him came to her and that he might be gay.

They continued working until the heat from the day made the basement a hot stuffy sauna. The sweat from working and moving boxes was making her breasts slimy from wearing a bra and sweating. She could see William's body sweating too as he was working just as hard moving boxes.

Sandra gave him a defeated and completed look. "I don't know about you, but I am calling it a day. It is hot down here."

"You're right. Let's take this back up on Monday."

"Ahhh, you got a meeting on Monday." She corrected him knowing that he had to get some pretrial stuff done and meet with his father about the direction they planned ongoing if it went to trial.

"Damm. I do. Can you handle this on Monday by yourself?"

It was something she didn't want to do but knew it was like making an omelet and you had to break an egg. It was going to be hot all next week too and by mid-day she would be covered in sweat. Dressing formal for the office and working in the basement was just not an option for her and she knew it.

"Okay, but I won't be at my desk at all." She then looked around the basement. "Going to be a casual week for me then."

"I hear ya. I am going to do the same. Maybe bring in a fan or something."

Sandra looked at him in horror. "Nooo. It will blow the dust everywhere. Just gonna have to deal with the heat."

After they left Sandra went right home and littered her floor with clothes as her only thought was to free her girls and let them breathe. She grabbed a towel and wiped her underboob sweat. She then threw the towel with her clothes and walked into the shower wanting to clean herself more than anything else.

Showering was like a gift from God as she washed every inch of her body twice. She thought about how she loved to dress in expensive clothes and all next week she would be relegated to dumpy outfits while working in the dank hot basement on a case that might go nowhere.

Sunday was Netflix and wine and she relaxed. Not wanting to think about Monday she let her mind drift to sappy Romance and then debated breaking out her toy for some love. She then looked at the clothes on the floor and thought about how she didn't want to clean either. The idea of using a toy now mixed with the realization of cleaning it after and she knew all cleaning was not going to be done. She resigned herself to wanting an orgasm but being too lazy to give herself one.

Monday morning came and she slept in an extra hour knowing that the time she needed to prepare was no longer needed. This week was going to be sweat pants and a t-shirt. As she looked through to find a bra she debated on putting one on at all. Her nipples would be showing and the outline of her round boobs would make it obvious from twenty feet away that she was not wear one. She then realized that nobody was going to be in the basement tomorrow and that she didn't have to wear a bra until Tuesday. The thought of her twins being cooped up while sweating in a bra sealed the deal - today was a no bra day.

With her college shirt and a pair of sweat pants on she drove to work ready to attack the basement of case file once again. The thought of it made her feel like she was going into battle and the basement was like a trench from WWI as it had almost all of the characteristics of one.

Jay626
Jay626
2,386 Followers