All Comments on 'The Dead World Ch. 14'

by SeraphNocturne

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
LanaNLanaN12 months ago

Great chapter! I noticed Charlie thinking of herself as Dove when being obedient, so hopefully, she'll have an easier time compartmentalizing her abuse. Now that someone previously mentioned the possibility of Charlie's infertility being fixed, I'm nervous every time she could get pregnant! If that does happen, I hope she finds out the way of Dany Targ and gets her period (which I'm assuming she doesn't have anymore, but I might be wrong). Otherwise, your story might take a darker turn!

.

I love that we're seeing more of Skully! Seeing him 'calm' for a bit is interesting and I hope to see more of his personality unfold, along with Diablo and Ruthless. Slash is still my favorite boy, but we have gotten to see a lot of who he is so I'm excited for everyone else to get a little limelight. In the coming chapters, I'm curious to see how the other boys will handle their given day. It's obvious Skully will take advantage, and probably Slash too, and that Oz will have no part in it. But the other three... Diablo and Dog might be downright bullied into doing something themselves.

.

Thanks for the awesome story as always!

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturne12 months agoAuthor

@DBM

Oh man, there’s literally so many things in this chapter that are going to spider web out into future endeavors. I think I’ve done a good job keeping everything utterly ambiguous, heheh.

It was an incredibly psychologically challenging chapter to write as the dust settles from that earlier dramatic power shift, we’ll definitely be seeing more of Skully’s character unveiling itself beyond just this really vicious antagonist he’s been up to this point; now that he’s taken the position of power. We’ll also see the less prominent members of the group having more “screen time” as the tension rises between one another and between these two very different factions of survivors. If Skully had his way he’d have everyone of them taking advantage of the contract. Safe to say he certainly isn’t against utilizing it as a punishment, or worse.

Writing Charlie reluctantly falling into tolerating this really fucked up situation—essentially establishing and accepting this identity as “Dove”—I think it ultimatelt serves as a sort of mental cage of self preservation. She still wants to fight. It really goes against her nature because she’s not this demure submissive woman… and I won’t go into detail regarding her infertility because I might almost definitely spoil something. But yeah… high ass tensions and… really dark twists and turns well on the way!

Thank you as always for commenting and being such an awesome fan DBM! 🖤

MediocreAuthorMediocreAuthor12 months ago

5 stars goes without saying. I hate Skully, and I hate all of the SkullyxCharlie scenes... But I'd be lying if I said they weren't hot.

I'm hoping that things with Achilles turn out like I think they might, but of course I know that Seraph always has some some devious twists planned.

Addressing Charlie as Dove seems like a betrayal, but I know that her character is strong enough to rise above all the heinous shit thrown at her.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment

Srg66Srg6612 months ago

When I read the description for the story I was expecting Skully to not even talk to Charlotte. I can't help thinking that it will get worse for her before it gets better though.

Great story again.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I thought Skully was going to strip her. Stick a collar on her and lead her round completely nude. Humiliating her at every turn. This way seems a lot more personal.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Seraph, I found your series when you started it years ago. I was happy to see you return and continue writing it. The world building and the characters you create are a step above what I often see on Literotica. I look forward to seeing more from you.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Oooh! I noticed something about Achilles. Does it mean what I think it means?

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturne12 months agoAuthor

@MediocreAuthor

I hesitated so much when writing the ending scene because honestly, I didn't want to utilize her new nickname... it effectively now marks her a member of the group in all the worst ways. By accepting that, she's going to adhere to Skully's demands for now, because the threat of invoking his wrath isn't something she's ready to face again. I'M SORRY M. It was a necessary evil I swear!

@Srg66 @Anonymous

I debated something like that, but Skully isn't so surface level with his sadistic schemes. While he is without a doubt out of his fucking mind he isn't that far gone... yet. He can physically force her to doing whatever he wants, that's not something he doubts for a second. What he wants is to break her mentally, and his fascination with her has quickly gone from distrusting malice to bordering obsession, which is why I opted for servitude over slavery. Fine lines, I know, it's all the same to Dove but she has no idea just how bad things could be for her.

There ARE characters freshly introduced who wouldn't think twice about having a collar around her neck, and keeping her naked and humiliated at every turn. So stay tuned, dear readers.

LanaNLanaN12 months ago

@Seraph

Obligatory on my phone.

.

I'm a little all over the place so I'll have to reread this chapter when I can focus on details better, buuuut I just wanna say I think Charlie seeing herself as Dove when abused is the smartest thing she can do for the reasons you stated and I'm happy when I find other authors who know and use some psychology in their stories.

.

Also congrats on the soon to be Patreon and Smashwords I don't know how the second works, but I'll definitely be subbing to your Patreon!

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturne12 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous

Oh yes, there are a lot of interesting things about Achilles! Hehehe, what did you happen to notice? I tried to make it quite obvious he's immune to the live virus. If you'd rather not share any epic revelations you're more than welcome to send feedback through the Contact tab on my profile. Be sure to include an email address so I can correspond with you.

@Anonymous

You're one of several who've sent similar feedback saying they've been following this series from the beginning, and let me tell you, I think that's just phenomenal. I like to hope I've improved as a writer since the series began. Thank you SO much for your kind words and feedback!

Ahhh you Anonymous Readers, you all need to just go ahead and make accounts so I can better discuss these chapters with you!

@DBM

It's a lengthy chapter, but yes, when you get a chance to go back over it I promise you'll be glad you did especially as the story shifts in the coming chapters. Lots of little Easter eggs in there that'll pop up later on.

My Patreon is pretty much complete, and once I get a little time to move ahead and work on bonus content I'll be launching it! Expect to see Chapters surrounding the initial outbreak with the cast and how they responded to ground zero/day one events, steamy scenes that won't be available on Literotica, early access to new Chapters before they go live here on Literotica, novel cover art and other fun things of that sort!

Smashwords is essentially a self-publishing website, so these existing Chapters will be carefully edited and submitted in increments of five for purchase through their platform. I can't lie, after Chapter 20, I'll probably be focusing on publishing there and the chapters posted here will be very watered down versions of coming events. I mean, I can try to push them through, but some things won't adhere to the NC/R guidelines here at all so it's a good chance they'll have to exist elsewhere.

I won't charge an arm and a leg for anything, I promise. :D But you all will be able to own your very own E-copy of The Dead World... I've already went ahead and designed the novel cover art, and I'm quite pleased with it.

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturne12 months agoAuthor

@DBM

I missed your bit about Charlie! My apologies--it'll be extremely interesting to see how this new self-preservation entity of 'Dove' survives and interacts compared to Charlie's natural pacifistic, fiery personality. I think it's safe to say I would consider TDW a bit of a psychological thriller as much as it is dark, gritty erotica because a lot of what happens and how these characters move and evolve can be explained or understood from a point of mental conditioning, not excluding mental illness and survival instinct. I've injected a fair bit of realism to this story, so I'm sticking to my guns with it...

I'll publish some good old fashioned smutty BDSM/CNC, if I can ever find the time! But as far as TDW goes, it's one hundred percent psychological dark erotica.

LanaNLanaN12 months ago

@Seraph

Oh my inability to focus has nothing to do with your writing! I wanted to make that clear.

.

As for Patreon I'm excited to hear it! I have no trouble buying The Dead World or paying a sub for more content, but I do thank you for saying you won't charge a lot.

.

Anyway, I'll read again later and see if I can summon any interesting comments I'll make sure to post a new comment to give you something interesting to read.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I found your profile by reading geek pride stories. I just want to say WOW this is so good! I spent all night reading all of this series its so great, is there an eta for the next chapter please??

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

You my dear are as beautiful as you are talented. Your take on a classic apocalypse world is powerful, inarguably your depth in exploring raw human emotion. You bring things to the table I have never seen before in this genre. Some of the best I have seen on Lit. Keep going!

Djmac1031Djmac10319 months ago

Another great chapter. Curious as to how Achilles will play into this. Perhaps an eventual ally for Charlie?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSeraphNocturne@SeraphNocturne
The Dead World is being published to Literotica.com for READING PURPOSES ONLY and is SOLD EXCLUSIVELY on Smashwords. You should not find this novel series anywhere else online. I only publish under the penname Seraph Nocturne. Every chapter has a disclaimer referring to Litero...