The Devlin Family: Incubus Blues

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Fuck!" I interpose my body between the thing and my brother. I jam on the button to close the door again but it was still on the way up. Besides, the creature's head was now in the way of it closing. My eyes dart about for some sort of weapon.

"Oh no!" Lucian clutches to my back in fear. "It followed us!"

The creature gets up and stretches it's long powerful body then turns and puts its front paws up over the lip of the back. It's weight is enough for the back suspension to be pushed down. It yawns, it's great fanged maw a fearsome sight to behold, then licks its muzzle and nose with a wide tongue. It then blinks, tilts its head, and looks at us in the most non-threatening way a beast that size could. It's facial resemblance to a red panda even more distinct in the bright light of day. It was a cutie to be sure, but fuck...it had us cornered! This thing was an enemy of demons, a killer of Incubus, I couldn't afford to forget that fact but I hadn't a clue as to how to fight it. I keep my body between them as I try to think of a way out of here. The side doors were our only escape, but if we did get outside of the car the celestion could chase us down easily. Fuck! I prepare myself to fight it tooth and nail in hopes Lucian might be able to get away.

As it studies us however there is not a hint of aggression in its demeanor, it seemed more curious than hostile.

Behind me I feel my brother relax...then start to laugh.

"What's so funny?" I exclaim.

"Ohhhh shit." Lucian's laughter rises. "Don't you see? It thinks I'm its master now. Ha ha ha ha!" Reaching out past me he lets the celestion sniff his hand. "Isn't that right big guy?"

It takes a few deep snuffs then lets out a deep. "Rrrff!" Then it crawls up into the car with us! Even with its wings all the way tucked in the back door is barely big enough for it to fit. It squeezes through and forces us back up against the rear of the front seats. With me sandwiched between them the creature beings to sniff and nuzzle at Lucian's head, then it gives him a big warm sloppy lick which I catch half of across my neck.

"Yuck!" I say. "Lucian, we gotta get out of here!"

"Ha ha ha ha ha!" Lucian is laughing even as I am trying to push the beast back. It licks him again and bunts its nose into his cheek. "Ha ha ha ha ha!"

"Rrrrff!" Slurrrrp. It roots its nose under my armpit and into Lucian's chest. "Rrrff!"

"It's probably trying to eat you!"

"I don't think so." Luci squirms past me. I try to stop him but the beast easily pushes me to the side with one of its huge paws. Lucian throws his arms around it to hug the thing's big shaggy head and lay his head on its soft feathery mane. "It thinks I'm an angel! Ha ha ha ha!"

"I'm not sure this is a laughing matter Lucian!"

***

Seeing the creature was no threat I extricate myself from the crowded vehicle and wriggle out the side door to stand beside the car. Inside Lucian is giggling like crazy as he hugs and kisses the monster who, just last night, would have ended his life in a second. The thing seemed as happy as Luci as is snorfs and snuffs and licks my little brother as it rubs its big maned head against him. Out the back of the car the creature's ass end hangs out, its fat tail wagging back and forth like a playful puppy. Demon and demon killer are having a grand time as I stand near wondering what in the hell to do about this. Mom would have our hide right now if she saw this. Just imagining what she was going to say or do to me when she found out just how close her baby was to certain death already had me shook.

"Lucian." I say.

"He he he he he!" He is now wrestling with the damn thing, both his arms around its neck in some sort of headlock as it holds him with a paw that nearly eclipses his chest. His face beaming with wholesome glee he looks to me. "Can we keep it?"

"NO!" I put my hand to my head. "Oh my God."

He doesn't pay me much attention as he continues to play and roughhouse with the heavenly beast.

I shake my head and cross my arms and give the two goofballs a few minutes to get this out of their system. What the hell was I supposed to do with this? As I wait I walk away and pull my phone from my pocket to dial my big sister Devany. With the sun only just starting to rise I hoped she was still awake. After a few rings she answers.

"Hey kid."

With just those two simple words I feel a hundred pounds of stress lift from my shoulders. It was so good to hear her voice right now. "Dev."

"How's Ohio?" She says in that amused way she had that told me she is laughing on the inside. "That stunt has half the house in an uproar. Father nearly sent seekers out after you last night."

"We didn't make it to Ohio." I give her a quick story about how we found the celestion, only telling her the last part of what happened and avoiding the unpleasantness that occurred before that.

"And now it has imprinted on Lucian?"

"Yeah." I say as I watch the pair play. "Like a baby duckling."

"You know, we didn't have nearly this much drama before your enchantment broke."

"Gee, thanks. What am I supposed to do here Dev?"

There is a long pause and I can just make out the clack of a keyboard. At last she says. "This might be a first."

"Yeah, I kinda figured that."

"If it thinks Lucian is its angel I think he's stuck with it. Celestions are not a species of their own. They don't exist except as servants. They are an extension. A part of the angel who created them. I don't even..." I hear more rapid typing. "...this is unbelievable. Lucian, that clever little devil."

"Isn't there someone we can talk to? A...I don't know, heavenly dog pound or something?"

Devany sighs, I could hear she was as concerned as I was. "Bring it back here Jacob. We'll...deal with it."

I didn't like the sound of that. "Dev, he's becoming quite attached to it."

"Yeah. Just bring it home Jacob. I'll talk to the others. We'll be ready." There is a pause. "And Jacob."

"Yeah?"

"This might not end well."

"I kind of figured. Let's hope for the best."

"You're going to catch hell for this. Whisking Luci away, encouraging this Ohio State thing, dragon hunting, and now this. Never mind the questions that will be asked about the pair of you spending the night alone in the woods."

"I know, I know." I let out a sigh. "I'm really messing things up."

"Mmm, sometimes a little change is for the best. You've certainly made things interesting." She says. "Vespera is fine by the way. I check in on her last night. No change."

I smile. "Thank you." I already knew that thanks to the twin bond but it was still nice to hear. "Okay, we'll come home right away."

We say our goodbyes and I put the phone away, only then do I had been briskly and repeatedly rubbing the fingers of my right hand into my palm with nervous energy. I shake the hand out and turn back to the car. Lucian was combing his fingers through the creature's fur and speaking to it softly. I pray this doesn't end in tears.

Not wanting to spoil their joyous mood I clap my hands together and approach. "I just talked to Dev."

"How's big sister doing?"

"Well, she says we should bring our new friend home with us." I say. "Sorry sweetie, I think Ohio is going to have to wait."

"That's okay." He grins from ear to ear, his hopes sailing sky high. "I always wanted a pet!" He hugs the platinum colored beast tight.

"I know sweetie, I know." I look at him. "We have to talk to Mom and Dad first though, okay? Nothing has been decided."

"They'll love Sloopy as much as me."

"You named it?"

"Yep." He nuzzles into its forehead and sings. "You know Sloopy girl, I'm in love with youuuuu."

"Oh Jesus." I mutter under my breath. He was getting way too attached to it way too fast. He'd already given it both a name and a gender, seeing it from the back as its tail waved I could tell the thing had no sex organs at all. It didn't even have an anus. "Come on, lets get her home. I think she'll fit in the back...barely. If not she'll have to fly on her own."

"You think she'd follow that far?"

"Yeah, I think she'd follow you to the ends of the Earth." I cringe as I watch him take those words to heart and fall in love with the thing all over again.

"I could ride her!"

"Yeah, let's just hold off on that." I say. "Come on, I think she'll fit."

I walk around the side door to help my brother out of the back. With his cajoling and my pushing we are miraculously able to cram the celestion into the back of the SUV, though we did have to move the front seats up to do it. With a little help from me leaning into it the back door is able to be closed. Sloopy was tucked in there like a canned sardine. I felt for her but we had to get her home without drawing too much attention to ourselves. Watching them play made me suspect if she had to follow us she would do so far too closely so that even other "normies" might see her. And Lucian didn't know that weird language the angel used to command the creature so detailed instructions were out of the question. I stand back and take a good look. Any onlooker couldn't really see anything as all of the windows were now full of platinum and silver fur, at a glance it just appeared to be strange curtains. I just hope we don't get pulled over!

Wanting to hurry this along I wave Lucian toward the passenger seat, he gives me no argument as he wanted to visit with his new friend anyway. He shifts back into human form along the way. I start the car and head back toward the highway. It felt like I was hauling a trailer and the suspension groaned over every bump. The damn thing must weigh a ton! At the highway I turn away from Ohio and point the car back East again. I let the pair of them do their thing as I stay super focused on getting us home as quickly and with as little fuss as possible. A natural animal would surely be cramping and complaining about the tight confines, thankfully the celestion seemed content enough back there with Lucian keeping it company. Though it does tickle my neck with its whiskers now and then. The longer we drive the more it annoys me, the more everything annoys me.

As I feel the tickle yet again I swat back at it. "Could you keep that thing away from me!" I snap. "I'm trying to fucking drive here!"

Lucian takes Sloopy's face and pulls it away from me as best as is possible. "Okay Jacob, calm down. She didn't mean it."

"Don't tell me to calm down. You got us into this mess! This is such bullshit!"

A tense silence fills the car. I could feel my anger rising and I honestly didn't know why. Lucian just needed to stay quiet or I would surely say something I would regret later. Unfortunately he doesn't.

"Are you okay?" He asks, then quickly adds. "You're not okay. Something is wrong."

"You think!?" I bark. "We have a huge fucking MONSTER in the back of the car! The same monster that tried to KILL you last night!"

"I know. I'm sorry. Please calm down. I didn't mean for this to happen." He says gently. "Jacob, why do you keep rubbing your hand?"

"Shut up!" I smack my right hand back on the wheel and hold it tight. "Mind your business."

"Why are you so angry?"

"I'm not fucking angry!" I shout. "Shut your fucking mouth."

"Jacob..."

I glance over at him looking for anyway to lash out. "And take the collar off. We'll have enough questions to answer without dealing with that. Take it off!"

He looks at me confused. "Jacob...uh...I-I can't take it off."

Letting out a frustrated sigh. "Just take it off. The clasp is on the back."

"I can't take it off." He says again. Was he being bratty on purpose? I was not in the mood. "It's our token."

"What are you talking about? Take it off! Just take it off!"

Bringing his hand to his neck he shields it from me. He looks at me like I was crazy. "Jacob, you made a deal with a demon. The collar is our token. I can't just take it off." I see realization dawn in his green eyes. "Oh Jacob! I thought you talked to Mom about this. You said Mom told you about how it was for me."

I grind my teeth and push my rising annoyance down as best I could. "Lucian, just take off the damn choker or I swear I'll..." I bite back the hurtful words that threatened to follow. "Just for a bit. You can put it back on later. I promise."

"Oh no." He groans. "Jacob...you don't understand. You actually don't understand! Don't you see? I'm yours now. I am your boy until I find someone special for you to pass me on too. It's an open relationship. Those were the terms. The conditions changed but we both consented, the terms remained the same. I'm bound by this and so are you. I can't take the token off Jacob, I don't even know what that would do to me."

"You disobedient little brat! Do as I say!"

"Obedience wasn't one of the terms!" He shoots back as he slowly breaks down before my eyes. "You said you wanted me to be my own man!"

"Terms? Conditions? I so fucking sick of..." More supernatural bullshit! I was so done with all of it. Something in me just snaps. I scream, literally scream at the top of my lungs. "TAKE THE FUCKING COLLAR OFF! NOW!"

Sloopy growls, the car creaking as she tries to move, and Lucian's face expresses pure emotional pain. He is aghast. "I can't! Don't you understand? I can't, without breaking our deal. You didn't even...you didn't even know!?" Tears stream down his cheeks as he starts to weep. "You didn't know!" He covers his face in his hands and cries. Sloopy's growls turn into groans of sympathy and it tries to nuzzle its master through the seat.

Lucian's pained sobs bring me back to reality. What had I done? I pull the car over and park it. Reaching over I pull Lucian into a tight hug and kiss the side of head. Hold him a long time as the traffic whizzes by.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I whisper. "I don't know what got into me."

"I thought you knew." He whimpers.

"I didn't. I'm sorry. I just thought...I thought it would be nice if..." I sigh. "I'm an idiot." I cup my hands on either side of his head, just along the jaw, and tilt his head up. "Listen to me. I might be an idiot, but I don't regret it. Not for a second." I push my palm against the collar that bound us together. "I would have done it even if I knew." I kiss his tear streaked cheek. "Wear it. Wear it proudly. Sweetie, I'm sorry."

Wiping tears from his eyes he whispers. "This is my fault. I should have made sure. You just...seemed like you knew what you were doing."

"If you haven't figured it out yet, I never know what the hell I'm doing."

This elicits a little laugh. He gazes into my eyes. "You don't regret it? You don't think it's a mistake?"

"No, of course not. I am such a lucky man to have you. I was going to keep it a secret from the others but...well, I guess I have to own up to it. To hell with what they say. If we're happy, fuck 'em." I kiss him flush on the lips. "No regrets."

He smiles a sweet smile. "I love you brother."

"I love you too sweetie."

***

After a long hug I sit back straight again and shake my head to clear my mind. Just get us home, I had to get us home. Stay focused on that.

I put the car back into gear and continue on. Lucian asks questions, clearly worried about me, but I brush them off. I insist everything is fine. But things weren't fine, not one little bit, and it had nothing to do with him. I meant every word I said to him. I felt terrible about my outburst but happy that we'd made up and things were cleared up. I hadn't meant for this bargain of ours to be binding in a literal way, but now that it was I couldn't imagine it would change much. While my feelings for Lucian were settled I could not calm the rest of my spirit. I felt...fragile, taut, on the edge of something very bad. My focus on the road ahead is the only thing that held it all together.

Eventually he gives up asking about me. Reaching out he takes my right hand which, unconsciously, had been repeatedly gripping at my side. My fingers had almost rubbed my palm raw. "I'm here for you Jacob." He says.

"I know sweetie. Thank you."

He guides my hand back to the steering wheel and I grip it tight. "Want me to drive?"

"No. I'm okay." I lie. "Just visit with Sloopy. You're going to have to show the others she's a good girl."

"Okay."

We drive for hours back along the same route we'd taken the day before. Despite myself, as we get to the more familiar roads, I end up driving faster the nearer we got. I just had to get home. I just had to get home. I just had to get home. It is the only thing I allow myself to think about. I could sense Lucian was really getting concerned but I ignore it and just stay focused on the road. I felt ready to explode when at last I see the turn into the estate up ahead. Driving as fast I safely could I weave the Porsche up the long winding drive to the manor, we are almost there when I realize I am driving one handed. My right hand rubbing hard against my thigh.

As we break the trees into the front yard area I can see my dad, grandma, and Bronwyn were already waiting for us, the former two decked out for battle. In the front door my demonic mother stood watching, well back from where the celestial creature would be brought out.

"Oh no." Lucian says in a fearful tone. "They look ready for a fight!"

Looking over at him. "You have to convince them sweetie. You'll have to stand up to them. I know you can do it."

"We can do it."

As I slow to a stop in front of the others I say with a sorrowful sigh. "I...I have to go. You got this Lucian."

He wants to say something but holds his tongue. Instead he just nods, seeming to understand. I park the car with his door facing the house. As he gets out, arms out in front of him in a gesture for everyone to stay calm, I get out and march right around them making straight for the house.

"Jacob!" My father shouts. "Get back here." If their entire focus hadn't been trained on the creature crammed in the car one of them would have surely come to stop me. I hear Lucian speak with them but I give it no attention.

I reach the front door. My mother stands there in her gorgeous Succubus form, her amber eyes smolder with barely masked anger. I lower my head and force my way past her.

"Jacob." She says, following in my wake. "I would like to speak with you." Parental ire dripped from every word.

"I know! I know!" I say without looking back. "I fucked up! I know!"

"Don't take that tone with me. I did nothing to deserve that."

I bite my lips so as not to make the situation worse. I storm straight into the nearest washroom and slam the door behind me. "Give me a minute!" I call out, the sink is already on and my hands lathering soap beneath the stream. "I need to go to the..."

The door swings back open and my mother moves forward to fill the space, arms crossed and her eyes narrow. She was in no mood for youthful foolishness. "I think we should talk about this right now Jacob. I saw the collar. That better not be what I think it is. And a celestion!? What happened out there? What did you two do?"

I let out a snort of impotent frustration. "Leave me alone!" I whine.

"Jacob, we need to talk."

I try to ignore her and just focus down. Washing, washing, washing my filthy hands. My mother watches me, silent in her judgment. Probably ready to tear me a new asshole. Patiently choosing her words carefully for maximum effect. Bring it on, I deserved every bit of it. But first...I lather my hands again...and again...and wash, wash, wash. My motions are frantic and increasingly desperate.

Out of the corner of my eye I notice her tense shoulders relax and her arms go down to her sides, still she watches me. I scrub and scrape and claw, lather and wash, wash, wash, wash. Why wouldn't my hands get clean? And what the fuck was Mom waiting for?

"Well!" I snap after I could bear no more, my hands still scrubbing beneath the flow of water. "Tell me how much I fucked up. Tell me how terrible I am. Tell me how disappointed you are. Stupid, stupid human...stupid normie. Come on! Tell me! I deserve it!"

1...345678