The Diary of Jewel Delacroix Ch. 28

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Muriel merely watched Jewel and checked Jewel's make-up and hair for any corrections and touch-ups. They had waited two hours for Jewel and the Countesses foursome to return to the club and they still had about two more hours to go for the back nine.

"Not good" Jewel answered dejectedly. "Lots of people walking by and staring at me; exactly the sort of fun you know I enjoy." Jewel didn't know why she bothered saying anything. Sarcasm was lost on those two. "Why can't one of you escort me so I can take off this damn collar?"

"We don't have tickets." Muriel answered, a little too simply.

"I meant, how is it going with the Countess?" Dianne interrupted.

"She hasn't said more than a few words to me the entire time." Jewel answered. "At least I'm winning the round though."

"What?" Both Dianne and Muriel seemed surprised by this.

"Don't you think I can play golf better than a few women?"

Dianne seemed genuinely angry.

"Jewel, sometimes you are so dumb I think we should turn your hair blond. You want her approval, so find a way. Besides, haven't you ever heard of client golfing? You need to lose to her!" Dianne bristled.

Jewel was annoyed that they hadn't mentioned this before. Of course she heard about client golf. But it never applied to her before. The few times she ever golfed were with her dad and he never golfed with a client when he golfed with Jules before. Her dad had encouraged Jewel to learn to golf well because it was so useful in business. Jewel thought it was just a waste of 4 to 6 hours of her day. A good walk spoiled, as the old saying went.

Jewel now had to worry about how she could convincingly lose to the countess without it being obvious since she was already 11 strokes ahead.

"And I thought today was supposed to be about fun." Jewel retorted.

Jewel still had the honors and as she teed off on the 10th tee; a par 4 dog leg to the left. Dianne coughed loudly during her swing and Jewel's ball took a wicked slice and disappeared into trees on the right side of the fairway. Jewel walked back and handed her driver to Melinda, then when out of sight of the countess and Ladies Gwen and Emily, stuck out her tongue at Dianne.

A small gallery of observers followed Jewel after they teed off on the 10th tee, but by the 13th hole the crowd had lost interest and dispersed. Thankfully many celebrities were still golfing and they were much more interesting to watch.

Jewel did her best to continue playing badly, a few bad drives and chip shots leading to a few double bogeys were adding up her score but she still led the Countess by 7 strokes at the 15th tee.

"You seem to have lost your edge Jewel." Jewel was happy the countess was finally speaking to her again.

"It's just... the crowd back there... really got to me." Jewel spoke softly and looked away. She didn't want her to see the hurt in her eyes or know how much it hurt when people treated her like that.

"I see," Jewel wasn't sure of the Countess's tone if she really was convinced. "You shouldn't let them get to you like that."

On the 15th green Jewel lined up for her putt. She took two strokes even though she knew she could've sunk this putt in one, barely 7 feet from the hole, and claimed double bogey. As she retrieved her ball from the cup Jewel saw two young men actually walk right onto the green and stop directly in front of her. Jewel felt a lump grow in her throat and had trouble swallowing.

Jewel looked up and immediately recognized George and Andre', her closest friends from high school. Jewel could tell by the looks of them they were obviously drunk and swaying slightly. They stood too closely to her and Jewel could smell on their breath the beer they had been drinking.

Andre spoke first "I didn't believe it when they told me." He slurred slightly.

"Yeah, I had to see this for myself." George gestured toward Jewel.

"Guys...I..." Jewel didn't know what to say, her mind went blank and she felt as if she were suffocating.

"So this is the real you huh? It figures. I always thought you were a bit of a fruit."

George smiled at Andre's insult. "Yeah, you ever take a shower after football practice with him. I swear he was checking me out."

"Football!" George spat. "He was the worst player on the team. I could never place my finger on it but he sure played like a girl. Admit it Jewel, that's your name now isn't it? You only made the team because of you daddy's money." George made air quote marks with his fingers when he said the word 'daddy'.

"Guy's...No...Please..." Jewel was stunned by their verbal assault. She wanted to say something, but she couldn't think of what to say. What is wrong with me, I'm usually so good with words. Jewel felt her heart racing uncontrollably. Why are they even here?

Jewel glanced at Melinda and saw she had put down the golf clubs and was speaking into a cell phone. Ladies Gwen and Emily and the Countess had all stepped back behind their Caddy's and were watching her from afar. Jewel couldn't see Lady Gwen recording the events with her cell phone camera.

Andre kept up the attack on Jewel. "You know he tried out for swim team right? Coach rejected him for being too small," Andre held his thumb and forefinger close together, making a small dick-joke insulting to Jules.

"But...but...I made the swim team..." Jewel was stuttering nonsense by now but was too shocked and disoriented from their verbal assault to know what to say. She backed up a step but George and Andre followed closely.

George was relentless "You remember your girlfriend? She found your face book profile and told us what you had become. Got you a real man in a gay marriage obviously. You know I fucked her. I introduced you two. Not man enough to get your own girlfriends you had to settle for my hand me-downs. But it all makes sense now, why you two never did it."

George and Andre never saw Melinda and another bodyguard come up behind them. Jewel could never describe what Melinda did but one minute George and Andre were both towering over Jewel hurling insults and the next they were both on their bellies laying flat on the ground. Jewel was able to make out through teary eyes the course Marshall and two club staff members, club security perhaps, arrive and take George and Andre away in golf carts. Jewel just stood there in shock.

"Are you alright? Do you want to continue?" It was the course Marshall. He had stayed behind to check on the players.

Jewel just wanted to go home, her racing heartbeat began to slow as she calmed down but a feeling of deep depression settled over her. Home meant with the Count now and she really had no desire to go there. Go back to the club? More insults awaited her there. Going golfing was a terrible idea and she hated the Count for making her go like this.

Not knowing what to do Jewel finally simply said the only thing she could think of; "Let's just finish the round."

As Jewel turned and walked towards the 16th tee the Marshall walked with her "My Lady" he said it rather awkwardly, "I hate to bring this up now yet I must say that this incident and your general slow rate of play have caused some back up among the other players, I must regretfully insist that you either speed up your play or leave the course."

"It's OK, I'll play faster." Jewel said unconvincingly.

"Very well My Lady." The Marshall returned to his cart but stayed back behind and watched as Jewel's foursome teed off.

The 16th was a par 5 and the longest hole on the course. Jewel teed off last and was still shaking so badly she topped her ball. Jewel watched as it ran barely 30 feet directly ahead. Jewel dropped her head then walked straight up to her ball and picked it up.

"I'll skip this hole." She announced glumly.

"By club rules that will be a 9 then," Lady Gwen had been keeping score for the group. "This places you in the lead Countess Valery."

Jewel walked down the center of the fairway. Normally this was one of the parts she most enjoyed about golf, simply because she did it so rarely. She expected to be walking alone again and was surprised when Lady Emily caught up to him and walked with him.

"You know I was at your wedding."

"I'm sorry" Jewel finally managed to say "but I was in shock for most of that day."

Lady Emily and Jewel arrived in the middle of the fairway at Lady Emily's ball. She lined up for her next shot and with a smooth swing sent her ball sailing towards the green.

"I was so happy for you Jewel, I have always supported equal rights for everyone and even marched and demonstrated in college. I accepted the invitation because I believe everyone has a right to marry who they love, regardless of sex. Then at the altar when I heard your mother and sister protest and realized you were not getting married voluntarily..." Her voice trailed off.

"Afterwards I did a bit of snooping." She looked at Jewel as they walked towards the green. "Your father was a real piece of work. Selling you like that."

The memory of his arranged wedding and 30 day honeymoon nearly brought Jewel back to tears.

"It wasn't just him...I should have...should have...asked more questions." Jewel finally managed to whisper.

"Well, I hate to break this to you but I'm getting married soon and if you would like, you could to be one of my bridesmaids." Emily watched Jewel closely as she spoke.

Jewel had so many surprises this day that for whatever reason an invitation to be a brides maid didn't even faze her.

"He's an American from their 'south'. My family told me I should accept his proposal because he's rich."

Jewel started to get upset by this news. "Are you being forced too?" She felt a tear start to form in her eye. Damn it, I need to control these mood swings!

"Oh no, I mean, not really." Emily hesitated a moment "It's just that... it's a good match. He's rich and that will help my family. He wants to have a title, some form of status thing for him..." Emily's voice trailed off.

"But not for love?" Jewel asked softly.

"No. Not for love." Emily answered introspectively.

Jewel and Emily were finally arriving at the green. "Listen, if you ever want to talk, anytime..."

Jewel actually broke out into a sad little smile. "I would, but finding a place to talk where no one is eavesdropping on me is not easy." She nodded her head indicating Melinda.

"I understand, I hope you can accept" Emily proffered, acknowledging that the decision wasn't Jewel's to make "and I hope you like crinolines, it's going to be an American Southern style wedding." She broke away from Jewel at the green to focus on her putt attempt.

Jewel kept to herself on the 17th. She made sure she bogeyed the hole and thus kept Countess Valery in the lead.

Finally they arrived at the 18th tee. Jewel wasn't even trying anymore. A fact not lost on Countess Valery. She couldn't help herself anymore and vacillated between feeling sorry for Jewel and angry at her weakness. Countess Valery had originally assumed that Jewel had married willingly and was voluntarily dressing as a woman to satisfy Count Delacroix's desires. She was insulted that a man would attempt to assume a woman's place and title in noble society, and expect entry and equal treatment as a noble wife. But having a competent staff meant Lady Valery could have them investigate and discover the truth. Countess Valery was fully aware of the conditions of Jewel's marriage and was hoping to see for herself if her assumptions were true. Waiting until the 18th hole she was finally fully convinced of Jewel's subservient unwilling status. She made sure to walk next to Jewel after they teed off.

"You could have quit back there. I doubt anyone would blame you." She offered.

Yeah right Jewel thought. "I just need a moment to recover. I won't give in to weakness."

Countess Valery actually smiled a small sincere smile.

"Is it so bad for you, being a woman?" Countess Valery finally asked.

"It is if you are being forced." Jewel said unemotionally. With the countess Jewel normally wouldn't have spoken so bluntly but the day had taken its toll and she just wanted it over. Jewel expected to be mocked and treated poorly by her yet she was too upset to notice that she was being nice.

The 18th green was back at the clubhouse and Jewel was grateful there were no crowds waiting for her like last time. Being careful once again to putt badly, Jewel managed to finish last, with the highest score of her group.

Countess Valery walked over to her and extended her hand. "Congratulations Jewel, well played, I'm sure your husband will be happy."

"Thank you Countess, I'm sure that he will."

**

George and Andre stood up as they were escorted by security personnel out a side door from the club. They immediately climbed into the waiting vehicle.

"Well, how did it go?"

"Shit bro, it was exactly like you said. Dressed as a girl and looks totally like a girl." George answered.

"Yeah. If you hadn't told me I never would have know it was him and not some hot chick." Andre filled in.

"Oh! So you think he's hot now?"

"Dude, that's not what I meant..."

"Forget it. We got what I came here for." James MacLeod smiled grimly as he drove away.

James' smile was subdued. It was ironic, perhaps, that he had been contacted by Jean Claude Delacroix the Fourth to run an operation against Jewel. The fact that his primary client was the count's son, Jean Claude Delacroix the Fifth barely gave James pause.

James supposed he should be more loyal to one client, but it would now seem that he was gaining a reputation in upper society as a man who could get things done and yet keep confidences. James knew for information like that to get out meant JCD the Fourth was not as discreet as he should be. That JCD the fifth would know of him was evidence of that.

James decided that he had no problems playing both sides. The money was good after all, and money was what James needed and wanted. Being paid by both sides to do basically the same thing was a coincidence easily exploited. That both sides were ignorant of each others plans, well that was just fine and dandy.

JCD IV wanted to prevent Jewel from making friends among her peers by exposing her as weak and timid. Lady Valery was known for despising weak women in noble society. It was all about control for him.

JCD V wanted to embarrass his father by also exposing Jewel as weak. He wanted to replace his father and take over his position in government and his business interests.

Family Squabbles, James mused.

It had been easy enough to spread the news of Jewel golfing among the club members. Their natural curiosity took over and did the work for him. Some of the more conservative older member's harsh comments were extremely helpful, James smirked.

And having Andre and George actually approach and confront Jules...er, Jewel...

The whole operation couldn't have gone any better.

James took the final turn toward the airport. Dropping his friends from school off in time to make their flight, he had promised them a week's vacation in Amsterdam for their trouble. He was sure they would enjoy it. James sure did when he was there.

**

Count Delacroix smiled when he received the report from his agent on the success of the little venture. He watched a brief clip shot from a cell phone of the incident. His wife blubbering uncontrollably, her peers observing from a safe distance; the bodyguards take-down of the perpetrators.

There were even one or two mentions in the media, the usual gossip articles and a photo in an on-line collage of pictures from their club.

Jean Claude glanced over at his wife, sleeping fitfully in their bed, curled into a ball, right on the edge of the mattress, clutching her favorite pillow. She needs the reminder of who she is and to relearn her place and her role, he thought.

Count Delacroix deleted the message. It had been a good day.


12