The Discovery Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He had hit the rest while they were still broadside to him and not far from where they originally were when he fired the first shot.

He remembered the last time he went hunting he had to trek thru the woods following blood droplets. It hadn't been fun in the slightest.

Sam went and looked at the five animals, they were nice indeed. He realized that he wasn't going to be able to haul them out without his truck.

The truck wasn't that far away and it had been mostly an easy walk. He knew the truck could make it no problem.

Once Sam got the truck back to the clearing he started the process of getting all five into the back of his truck and on ice.

He knew he didn't want to disturb the site for future hunters so he had to get out of there as quickly as possible.

He knew he'd needed to dress them elsewhere, so that neither the field nor his campsite would smell like blood or dead animals.

He didn't want to drive away any wildlife nor did he want to attract any into his campsite.

Sam remembered seeing a dumpster not far from his camp when he came in. Sam drove the truck down to the dumpster area.

He sat and figured out what he needed to dispose of it properly and to not leave any trace. He would use a tarp on the ground under the garbage can.

That way if he missed the bag in the can that it wasn't just on the ground to attract animals.

Sam set up the tarp and the can and then used the wench over a stout tree branch as a hoist.

Over the course of the next few hours he processed, wrapped, and labeled the meat and threw it in the freezer he had for just that purpose.

It was filled to almost the top Sam was delighted, here it was his first day and he'd bagged his limit.

Sam was able to get the skins pretty much clean and would let them dry for the rest of his trip.

He cleaned up the area and himself and headed back to his camp. Some hunters would be upset or try to take more than they were allowed but not Sam.

He played by the rules regardless of if he got his limit or none at all.

He figured he could now do some hiking and swimming. Sam decided he'd make coffee and just relax in nature for a while.

Sam went and grabbed the saw he brought with him out of the truck and went over and cut out a three foot section out of a fallen tree.

The tree looked to be about a two to three feet diameter.

This coupled with the length would give him a good long fire.

Using much less wood than the traditional method of starting with pile of kindling and the feeding log after log.

Plus this way it took care of itself and was much more weather resistant.

He believed in using as little resources to get the job done as possible.

He had learned about the Swedish fire torch method years ago and it had always served him well.

This method allowed him to conserve but also gave him a long lasting hot fire and also provided its own cooking surface in the process.

He took the log and proceeded to split it into four pieces with his axe. Next he took and feathered the pointed inner edge of each section.

Then Sam used wire and shims and made the four into one again with the exception of the shims leaving a small air gap for each section and the middle.

Sam took and stuck some kindling down into the center of the log.

He reached into his pack and took out a piece of cloth he had coated with wax and using his lighter lit it then placed it into the center with the kindling.

After a few minutes it had caught and the fire was going nicely.

Sam got the coffee pot ready and set in on the top of the log and let it go. As he was waiting he began to think about his life.

He loved his life and how blessed he had been, even if his wife didn't treat him right.

Once the coffee was ready he felt his stomach start to rumble and figured it was time to cook breakfast.

Sam grabbed everything he needed in one shot:

the big cast iron skillet, the egg beaters, two sausages, some of the pre-chopped pepper, mushrooms and onions mix, shredded cheese, and olive oil.

Sam had this down to a science he would place the pan over the fire warming up both sides first for a minute.

Next he would put the pan down bottom down and throw in the oil and let it warm up and roll it around to coat the cooking surface.

The sausages were put in next against the side of the pan. The veggies were added next off to another side.

Now the egg beaters, he preferred the real thing but these held up better on a campout if you had the space.

He turned the sausages and veggies and waited until it was time to flip the eggs over.

The veggies were added to the eggs and then the cheese over them.

He folded the omelet and after another minute he plated the food and sat down and ate it with the coffee.

He had seen some people actually eat right out of the cast iron pan, but he knew that was foolhardy.

You never wanted to scratch the surface of the cast iron and eating out of it there was no way to not damage it while trying to cut the food.

As usual the food was delicious; it was his favorite camping breakfast. He cleaned up the used items and put them back away.

Since he had carefully chosen this spot for his site due to the recon he had done of the area before coming here.

He knew that the lake which was not that far below his site, perhaps it was down the hill say 100 feet was packed with fish.

He knew based on the type of fire he had and his experience with it that it would be safe to leave it for a short while.

Sam went to the back of the truck and got out his nets and the needed stakes and headed to the water's edge.

He had made them years ago when he had figured out the best way to survive in a wilderness situation.

Using his net system was easier, quicker, and used less energy than trying to use a rod or spear to catch the fish.

That was a majorly important factor in if you'd survive in the wild, you needed to feed yourself and conserve energy.

He took the stakes and put them into the lake bed using a rock. The water was still warm due to it having been an indian summer type of a fall.

Then he attached the net facing the direction of water flow in an area of the lake where he could see from his campsite.

He then turned and walked back up to his campsite and sat down and enjoyed the sun, fire, and some more coffee.

He sat there for about an hour just enjoying being out in the great outdoors. He saw the net moving and knew he had caught some fish already.

He loved using this method because it also let the fish stay in the water and stay good but they couldn't get out of the back section.

He figured he'd go down and take a swim in the lake for a little bit. When he got down to the lakefront he stripped and walked into the water up to his chest.

As he was swimming around he noticed across the lake that there were some girls riding around the lake in a boat towing another on a wakeboard.

Sam hadn't done anything like that in so many years, again due to May and how she was.

He was just treading water when he noticed that the rider had fallen and the boat slowed and spun around to pick her up.

Once they had her and the board inside the boat, they came towards him.

He thought it was strange for a boat with five girls in it to just come up to a guy they didn't know.

He noticed they were all smiling and as they got closer they started waving at him and saying hi.

He waved back and said his hellos as they came towards him. They stopped about five feet away from him and shut the engine off.

The girls waved him over and he swam up to the side of the boat and grabbed onto the side.

Sam looked at each of them and asked "Do you ladies need help? Is there something wrong with the boat?"

They all looked at him then at each other and giggled then the pilot spoke up.

"My name is Megan and this is Kim, Jessie, Lauren, and Abby. We are okay and we noticed you swimming over here and had to come and say hi to the sexy stud."

Sam turned over his shoulder and looked around and didn't see anyone else around.

He knew they couldn't be talking about him since he was close to twice their age and not a gym body.

The girls all giggled again and were biting their lower lips while looking at him.

Sensuously Megan extended her legs one at a time from the side of the chair before she got up and walked close to him and leaned down inches from his face.

"We mean you, we saw you strip and get into the water and we think you're hot. If you're not doing anything we'd love for you to join all of us for a good time."

Sam was taken aback at the statement, they thought he was attractive and from the sounds of it wanted some attention from him.

All of them were in fact model material and could grace the pages of any magazine.

They all were sporting bronze tans without tan lines and between 120 and 130 pounds and looked to be the same age.

Sam figured them to be right out of college or a few years out. That would put them at 22 to 24 years old.

The biggest difference in-between them all was their hair color and heights. The most obvious right now was the size of their chests.

Except that Abby was the only one to have short hair the rest had long hair that was currently up in a ponytail.

The shortest was Lauren at five six with blond hair and a C cup.

Then came Jessie with black hair at five seven and a B cup. Next was Abby with brown hair at five eight with a nice full C cup just like Lauren.

Kim was the next tallest at five ten with brown hair and a D cup.

The blond pilot Megan was not only the tallest at six feet but also the most developed with a set of DD cups.

He smiled and looked at each of them before he spoke making sure to make eye contact with each.

"Well ladies, I can truly say that I am totally flattered by your attentions and that you had the courage to tell me.

You are all very lovely ladies and any man would be blessed to get to spend time with any of you.

I am a married man and have never strayed from my vows to my wife."

They all smiled and thanked him for the compliment.

Then they told him if his status ever changed the offer stood and they lived on the lake year round.

Kim stood up and pointed out their house out of the five on the opposite side from where he came down from his site.

They informed him that they had just graduated from college and had decided to get a house together on the lake.

After exchanging pleasantries and goodbyes he swam back about ten feet. Megan then started the engine and blew him a kiss.

They slowly headed back toward the center of the lake to resume their wakeboarding. He could hear them talking as they moved away.

What stunned him was when he heard Kim say to the others

"That she hoped to find out how big it was hard and if he knew how to use that lovely cock."

Then to make matters much worse they all agreed with her and said he had a lucky wife.

He was simply speechless not only did he never expect them to come over from the center of the lake.

He also thought they wouldn't be able to see in the water.

He didn't understand what their fascination was; he's just a normal guy who was gaining on forty.

Sam shook his head to clear his thoughts. It was then that Sam noticed that all the homes on that side of the lake were raised back from the edge of the water.

He figured that each was probably at least fifty feet up from the water's edge due to preventing floods. Sam suddenly thought to himself.

"To be able to live here and enjoy the sunrises and sunsets along with the hunting must be awesome."

Sam swam around for a little while longer and then decided to get out and dry off. He grabbed some of the fish in the net for lunch.

Twenty minutes later Sam was back at his site dried, dressed, and pan-frying the fish he prepared over the fire.

After his lunch he started noticing dark clouds rolling in. He had been camping tons of times and dealt with inclement weather plenty.

Not more than five minutes later he felt raindrops hitting him and decided to get under cover and wait it out.

Sam went and sat in a chair in the pop up awning. He always had it to cover his dining area in case of bad weather.

The building was five feet by five feet and had sides you could put up if things got really bad. Sam hadn't put them up due to the weather forecast.

He had listened on the way up saying it would be only a quick sun shower during the trip.

The sky continued to get darker and darker over the next half an hour. It started to turn into what he thought would be a short thunder storm.

Eventually Sam had to move into the truck for safety as the weather got worse.

He pulled out a radio and tuned to the weather beacon frequency and listened to the forecast.

NOAA (national oceanic and atmospheric agency) was saying a severe storm has rolled in.

There was a severe storm warning in affect for that area for the next five hours and then it would be fine.

Sam decided he could wait it out in the truck and be fine. He was in the truck for about an hour and it just seemed to be getting worse by the minute.

He turned the radio back on and now they were saying the storm had indeed turned into a category three hurricane and was getting stronger by the minute.

Sam made the decision to go home early from his hunting trip in Pennsylvania due to the hurricane.

Inclement weather was one thing but a hurricane that was already a cat 3 and getting stronger by the minute was another story all together.

He quickly dropped the tent and threw everything into the back of the truck under the cover.

He ran down to the lake and let the fish go that got in his nets. Sam was drenched to the bone as he slid into the cab of the truck.

He stuck the key into the ignition and fired up the motor.

As he let the truck warm up he decided it wouldn't be smart to drive any distance in totally soaked cold clothes.

He slowly peeled off each layer as quickly as he could with the material clinging to his body.

It always seems to take forever to get wet stuff off.

After a lit bit he was out of the wet stuff and into nice and dry clothes.

As he was driving out he found out the storm had even severely flooded some of the roads by the lake.

Sam surveyed the first flooded crossing as he came to it.

He had seen the other roads flooded but this was the first one the he would have to cross.

The area seemed to be about thirty feet across by fifty feet long.

The road dipped down in this area which made it perfect to hold water and it probably flooded often with heavy rain.

There seemed to be about three to five feet of water. Sam thought out loud as he was going through a mental checklist.

"With the lift and the snorkel I should be able to just drive safely right through it.

At the worst, if I were to get stuck I have the winches to drag myself out of it.

Well that's the theory anyway; let's see if I'm right no better time than the present."

He knew they always said to not to try to cross a flooded area.

He figured since it didn't seem that the water was moving his truck couldn't get swept away.

That was of course the primary reason it's recommended that you don't drive into water.

Plus his truck was lifted and that should be high enough to keep the bottom of the door well above the water line.

He also knew with the lift and snorkel that water shouldn't get into the exhaust and then into the engine.

Slowly inch by inch Sam rolled the truck forward and down the sloping country road and into the water.

He made sure to keep a constant forward motion and to not let of the gas pedal. It turned out it was deeper then he thought.

Sam started to get a bit worried that even with the upgrades water might get into the truck after all.

Inch by inch became foot by foot and finally he reached the other side.

Sam hadn't seen any other cars on the roads but he was hoping no one else happened this way and tried to cross.

Even he was nervous crossing it he didn't want to think what could happen to those in normal vehicles.

Sam stopped about 20 feet or so after the edge of the crossing to just take a deep breath and calm his nerves.

After about ten minutes he shifted back into gear and headed down the road. He drove his truck thru the night and finally turned onto his road.

12