All Comments on 'The Dragon and the Wolf Ch. 07'

by unknownauthor29

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The cost of knowledge was too high. Ragnar knew it in his soul, even if Keira didn't want to admit it. Getting her out of Radovid's hands was essential. However, you hope she doesn't feel the loss of a potential vaccine wasn't worth raining ire on Ragnar.

anubeloreanubeloreabout 2 years ago

Wait... He says: "... I sighed with relief that I'd made the right choice. Enough fathers, husbands and sons had already died in this godforsaken war. ..."

|

After killing five other "father's, husband's, and sons" to save the life a of *one* "father, husband, and son". He was well aware that they were utterly unskilled in violence, and he has a great deal of magic. There are numerous ways he could have disabled them without destroying five more families to save one man who will be executed as a deserter anyway...with the justification that "too many" families had already been destroyed. Damn.

|

How many women has that nilfgardian raped, while "unwillingly" serving in their army? How many women have those peasants raped? How many "father's husband's, and sons" have they killed? But because they wanted to unjustly seek revenge on one man, who was likely far from innocent, all their families were left fatherless, husbandless, etc. Sure, the dragonborn isn't a paladin, but this was just tragically foolish. And that's because those peasants were just cardboard cutouts for Ragnar to cut down to make a point about lynching and to add a bit of action and let Ragnar demonstrate his righteousness. Which is why there were no screaming widows or children, and the executed peasants were never mentioned again. They may as well have been training dummies, thrown at Ragnar for laughs.

|

Your prerogative, but I didn't like it. If it had been handled differently, maybe, but, again, Ragnar justifying his actions because "... Enough fathers, husbands and sons had already died in this godforsaken war. ..." made it into a tragicomic episode. Almost satirical, like Lancelot in Monty Python's quest for the Holy Grail.

I won't rate it, I'm just sharing my reaction. I don't give low ratings easily, I usually just comment and don't rate. Hope you're well.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userunknownauthor29@unknownauthor29
Long time writer of fan fiction across various sites. Uploading here as most of my stories do have an erotic edge. Try to avoid writing plain porn, but I do get carried away in some chapters, which turn into nothing but a few thousand words of smut. The Dragonborn Comes - A m...