All Comments on 'The Exaltation of Vivienne'

by AnaisAnamnesis

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
cmj711cmj7118 months ago

I hope you keep writing. This is your first, well done!

NiranaNirana8 months ago

I hope you continue this series! Vivienne is beautiful!

allyliterallyallyliterally8 months ago

You are a word mistress. I enjoyed the flow of your narrative, the description of the acts and the thoughts of the young man. I could feel, even though it is only implied, Vivienne's doubts about continuing the relationship, her need to have a child and her deception in getting pregnant without letting him know or allowing him to be a part of the child.

There is this misconception that May/December romances do not work. Have a thought on the age difference. The two would still be physically compatible in twenty years' time, yet women (at least in stories) are deemed to be too old for young lads. Perhaps you could address this in your next episode about Vivienne. I am certain there is a lot more if Vivienne in you wanting to come out. Bring her out.

The only thing I would fault you on might be the brevity of the piece. A bit more length, a bit more dialogue, a bit more of Vivienne's thoughts all might have made it seem not so rushed.

Bravo, and welcome to Lit.

All the best

Ally

FreedomBaseFreedomBase8 months ago

Hmmmm .. . . . There's more to this story. Nine months and fifteen days, you say ? Either a baby was born and you're holding that Golden Nugget of info from us ~ OR ~ there was another miscarriage ~ OR ~ the baby's not yours. Odds on the last choice look pretty slim.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19698 months ago

which is it, "nine months and fifteen days since I last saw her" or "We hadn't been together in twelve days"? the times are a bit messed up not communicated as clearly as you wanted.

The flow wasn't terribly smooth but there's a nugget of a sweet story in there.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

So, it sounds like Vivienne just needed some starter sex, some sexual kindling to get her fires started. Good story though, the only typo I found was... "Summer crickets and faint wasps of hot air seep... ", I believe you were looking for the word whisps, not wasps. Again, please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Short but dense. A way with words, for sure. I'd like to see a continuation to the story.

AnaisAnamnesisAnaisAnamnesis8 months agoAuthor

@oatmeal1969

Thanks for your feedback.

Max is recalling a memory. The day Vivienne called him to come over for birthday sex, they hadn't been together in 12 days. Then, they had sex. Cue the sex scene. But, Max hasn't seen her since that night–just over nine months ago.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler8 months ago

The pace, the details, and the outcome make it five stars for me. Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well written. Go on...

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594196 months ago

Okay now what¿¡

🙉🙈🙊💨🤮

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Wow. Great storytelling. You know how to use "buttons’ with consummate skill. Present the idea, the "button," with the reader is assuredly acquainted, and let the reader "write" that part of the story for himself. Perfect. Your skills are silky smooth. The story flows ever so well. Delicious.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnaisAnamnesis@AnaisAnamnesis
Cerebral Matter --- Unfurl your matter Gray, ambiguity White, virtuous into the invisible vertices - Cortex meandering Dark matter Dark energy Universe expanding - Sapio inflection Pas de deux with the Demiurge Thinking to Knowing - Impuissant Reason Anfractuous Babeli...